Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Yeah, and most will ask specific questions in presidential pressers which slant towards what their readership wants to hear.
    Holy shit, what shock! How dare the guy representing that one Jewish magazine ask questions that Jews would want to know the answer to?!

That's how you sound right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Why would I not be... im giving examples of them lying...
    They are more likely to leave comments or articles that are easily misunderstood on purpose. The media holds a lot of power now a days, and many of them see journalism as business.

As the saying goes:

"If you don't follow the media, you are uninformed, if you follow the media, you are misinformed".

Deleted
    I think anyone who cloaks themselves in the title journalist should be held to a high standard and made to report the truth. I don't have a horse in this race.
    Presidents also are the ones that should be held on high standards.

I mean on standards where they dont lie and act as if the free press was their enemy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Holy shit, what shock! How dare the guy representing that one Jewish magazine ask questions that Jews would want to know the answer to?!

That's how you sound right now.
    Are we really all that shocked that these people only think of themselves, and no one else? Especially after you're talking to the exact same person who said that Bannon and Trump were the only ones asking the important questions awhile back.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Not everybody has kids nor does every kid know PewDePie

I just googled adam86shadow pewdiepie and you knew about him back in 2015, in fact you alluded to watching his videos in the comments

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tually-die-out

you also asked another question "What's GlobalCitizen Festival exactly?" so others could google it for you.....

You seem to ask a lot of basic I could google them myself question for internet post points.
    Last edited by infinit; 2017-02-18 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Quoted the wrong post

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Are we really all that shocked that these people only think of themselves, and no one else? Especially after you're talking to the exact same person who said that Bannon and Trump were the only ones asking the important questions awhile back.
    Just like I'm sure Info Wars and Alex Jones are asking the important questions. You know, the person who seems to think that the 'Globalist Elites' are planning on taking over and murdering most of the population. Bannon is better, but only marginally. He's still essentially an anarchist who wants to tear down the system and let 'the natural order' rise from the ashes.

I really don't understand it, Jedi Batman. I especially don't understand the sudden 180 over these past couple of years against the media. No one claims the media is perfect, and in fact a lot of us have been shaming them for their fear-mongering, but at the same time they have a considerably better, longer track record than Trump or any of his people, and have reported on the truth enough to build up good will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    I just googled adam86shadow pewdiepie and you knew about him back in 2015, in fact you alluded to watching his videos in the comments

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tually-die-out

you also asked another question "What's GlobalCitizen Festival exactly?" so others could google it for you.....

You seem to ask a lot of basic I could google them myself question for internet post points.
    I never claimed I didn't know PewDePie but your post is an example of a horrible trend of people getting uppity about people asking questions... Questions and answers are an important aspect of social communication, dismissing every question with "Google it" shows a lack of social skill or interest in conversation.

YT subscription numbers isn't common knowledge, most people don't know PewDiePie let alone who's most popular on YT. Sure if you spend a hefty time on YT then this guy may be common knowledge but I imagine even then it isn't
    That's exactly my point. If you know you don't know anything about a subject don't try to act like you're a fucking expert. It's a waste of everyone's time and energy.

When I wander into a topic I have no clue about, I usually say something along the lines of, "I don't know enough about x to make an informed comment about it." Then, if I don't care at all about the subject I just drop it there, or if I do care I ask the person I'm talking with to explain abc so I can come away better informed.

Not everything has to be a competition where you're trying to win points.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Just like I'm sure Info Wars and Alex Jones are asking the important questions. You know, the person who seems to think that the 'Globalist Elites' are planning on taking over and murdering most of the population. Bannon is better, but only marginally. He's still essentially an anarchist who wants to tear down the system and let 'the natural order' rise from the ashes.

I really don't understand it, Jedi Batman. I especially don't understand the sudden 180 over these past couple of years against the media. No one claims the media is perfect, and in fact a lot of us have been shaming them for their fear-mongering, but at the same time they have a considerably better, longer track record than Trump or any of his people, and have reported on the truth enough to build up good will.
    These people see what they want to see. Yes, we've been shaming the media for their shams and fumbles. Numerous polls have shown that liberals are extremely skeptical of left wing news sources, and will often not take them at face value, needing either sourcing or multiple sources to back it up to show belief. Meanwhile on the other side of the coin we have these same polls showing that conservatives were willing to trust and believe their news outlets without further investigation, without further proof, without "questioning" the very nature of the article or its contents.

And then these same people come in, supporting Trump, and claim that we're all slaves to the main stream media... while themselves basically believing anything that comes out of Breitbart.

It would be cute, it would be endearing in just how idiotic and hypocritical it was...

If it wasn't affecting national policy and millions of people's lives.

The fact that they unironically come in here and do the EXACT SAME THINGS THAT THEY'RE ACCUSING OTHERS OF DOING would be endearing, if it weren't so frightening. Frightening, again, because it's affecting policy over millions of people.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2017-02-18 at 05:58 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    He has a point, the way the media lies is disgraceful and is dangerous to democracy. Hell, they've been known to start wars in the past through yellow journalism. However, freedom of speech is incredibly important to our democracy as well. Any action against the press will obviously just be attacked with "muh rights" but I don't think either side is entirely wrong in their arguments.
    Please list some specific examples of MSM lying. Links, please.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

The sad thing is it doesn't matter to them. All they can see is left or right and attack or defend it accordingly. It is somewhat funny but it has a sad edge to it.
    I don't watch Pewdiepie and WSJ is not one of my news sources. I freely admit most media has bias, which is why I tend to rely on several but there are very few mainstream that I would out right claim prints out false news.

So why don't you walk me through through the Pewdiepie debacle and tell me where it goes wrong.

The story seems to be as follows, WSJ produced an article showing Pewdiepie had made a few videos with some very pointed anti semitic content, and even went as far as paying people to hold up anti semitic signs and film themselves, which he also included in his videos.

As a result of the article, Pewdiepie lost quite a bit of the commercial partnerships he has gathered. Pewdiepie then makes another video that both apologizes for his anti semitic content, and at the same time attacking the media, especially WSJ, as having an agenda against him and for missing the context of the video.

So as someone who does not watch Pewdiepie nor reads WSJ, give me some context in which these anti-Semitic videos, which obviously were made, were taken out of context?

I'm honestly curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDkvGT_mNd4

To CNN's credit, they apologized for it, but at the same time they only did so after getting caught. I'll leave you to make judgments about that.

For the record, I'm not affiliated with this youtube channel or with the channel that they pulled the clip from. Once again, I found this with my google fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Do you consider slanting stories as lying? Cause that list could fill up fast.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Calling the media class an enemy of the people is not exactly wrong. Maybe not in an American context, but say in Britain that would actually be a very apt statement.

In America its fuzzy, but in general the media as a class are acting as a specific political party with specific collective political interests.

Most of the media objectively dislikes the election results and the population that voted for Donald Trump, similarly most if not nearly ALL of the media in Britain is aghast at the public's vote for Brexit.

This partly because the media in general is typically drawn from a similar class of people with similar ideas and ideologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I never claimed I didn't know PewDePie but your post is an example of a horrible trend of people getting uppity about people asking questions... Questions and answers are an important aspect of social communication, dismissing every question with "Google it" shows a lack of social skill or interest in conversation.
    There is nothing social about sitting in front of a computer and asking a basic question you already knew the answer to, or even if you did not know, could spend five seconds looking up.

you learn how look things up in school as the teachers will not answer every elementary question.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    In which way was my statement incorrect?

Please point it out to me.
    Did not state it was incorrect. Please point out where I did.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Do you consider slanting stories as lying? Cause that list could fill up fast.
    Well, that is what Trump does, if I understood him correctly at that news conference. However, there is a big difference between lying and slanting. Slanting is what MSM (on both sides) has always done and will continue to do. Outright lying is magnitudes worse and should elect rightful anger. That is why it is such a big deal that Trump is calling slanted media fake and fabricated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    Why would you trust anyone who has a vested economical interest in making you believe them, anyway?

this refers to both the state and the media.

The state has the power to lower freedom of press though.

Because when you can't outright ban freedom of speech, the next best thing you can do is work to make sure no one trusts it.

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    If you don't even use the internet, but have kids you are going to know who a lot of youtube stars are
    My daughter's in her teens now, and if the channel isn't about snakes, reptiles, and/or MMA, she doesn't give two fucks. Nor do I. Pewdiepie isn't on my recommended channels list, and the fucker has never come up in conversation of which I am involved.

That being said, a simple Google search has given me the information I would require to contribute to that particular subject matter further. But again, zero fucks.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2017-02-18 at 06:25 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.