Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The jokes were anti-Semitic.
    Nah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    No, it's not libel. "Kill all jews" is anti-semitic. "Kill all jews" is anti-semitic, no matter that it's used to demonstrate something about fiver or not. Having a video of you listening to nazi propaganda while imitating their dress, even to demonstrate a point about taking people out of context, is still a video that contains nazi propaganda.

The fact that two multi-billion dollar companies don't want to be associated with someone who thinks it's okay to use anti-semitism to demonstrate anything, shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
    Well, Ripster"Kill all jews"42, and I realize this may be a bit off-topic, but I feel like I just have to say that, y'know, you don't have to hate on yourself so much. I realize that an openly self-professed anti-semite such as yourself may feel down because Hitler fucked you over by failing to finish the task, but have faith man. Dare to dream, as they say; nothing is impossible! With just a little hard work and sweat and blood, you too can make your dreams come true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    A joke about killing Jews is anti-Semitic by definition. It doesn't mean that it literally is a message to promote the killing of Jews but simply that the joke displays an anti-Semitic tendency.
    It's not a joke about killing jews. It's a joke about how stupid you'd have to be to joke about killing jews. Christ man, we're reaching autism levels here that shouldn't even be possible.

Deleted
    On what planet do you think jokes about killing Jews is not anti-Semitic?
    I refer you to the 3 examples above.

Those comedians are also anti-semites in your world right.... im sure you dont own or watch any of their material.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    So...

You havent watched any of pewdiepies videos.

You havent researched the articles claims yourself.

You havent studied at any of the criticisms against the articles.

You ignore the fact that almost every Youtube channel stands in solidarity with pewdiepie.

You ignore the fact that pretty much all of the 'internet community' also stands in solidarity with pewdiepie.

You ignore the fact that everyone close to pewdiepie (including Jews) are proving that the articles are false.

You ignore the fact that everyone who has done all of the above has also come to the conclusion that the mainstream media are pushing bullshit.

It's like you're missing the core concept. It doesn't matter if he actually holds those beliefs or not. He's using something that's very important to some people, in a way that people find disrespectful. Is it that you just don't understand nuance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Deleted
    No, it's not libel. "Kill all jews" is anti-semitic, no matter that it's used to demonstrate something about fiver or not. Having a video of you listening to nazi propaganda while imitating their dress, even to demonstrate a point about taking people out of context, is still a video that contains nazi propaganda.

The fact that two multi-billion dollar companies don't want to be associated with someone who thinks it's okay to use anti-semitism to demonstrate anything, shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
    A bit hypocritical given Disney's own notorious anti-semitism and the fact the yanks just voted for a mentally backward racist.

I have to make this distinction.. using anti-Semitic content is not a blanket extension to have content promoting anti-Semitism. One is an actual body of thought, the other is a tendency.
    Again, many people don't take the subject lightly and are offended when other people do. Disney&youtube value those people's money more than they value the revenue stream from felix.

I don't understand.
    Yeah, that's abundantly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    A bit hypocritical given Disney's own notorious anti-semitism and the fact the yanks just voted for a mentally backward racist.
    Yes, and if you can't figure out that having walt disney in disney's past makes them even more sensitive to this situation, you're living in a fantasy world. Remember, disney is no longer the monolith it was during the 20th century. It's not run by the same people.

Those comedians are also anti-semites in your world right.... im sure you dont own or watch any of their material.
    Where in the videos does anyone call for the murder of Jewish people? It is worrying that you cannot tell the difference between those videos and the jokes told by Pewdiepie.

You're assuming that he can't take a joke, which is missing the point. You can still find things amusing while understanding that not everyone does and realize that content you find amusing can damage someone's brand.

I got little issues with Disney dropping him, for whatever reason. It's their company, they chose who to - and subsequently, who not to - associate with.

I'm more troubled with the media brushing that big, life-wrecking, label on him.

Deleted
    Where in the videos does anyone call for the murder of Jewish people? It is worrying that you cannot tell the difference between those videos and the jokes told by Pewdiepie.

You're assuming that he can't take a joke, which is missing the point. You can still find things amusing while understanding that not everyone does and realize that content you find amusing can damage someone's brand.
    The word you are both looking for to dig yourself out of that hole you dug yourself into is CONTEXT

That just happens to be the same word that applies to pewdiepie.

But hey... only those who bothered to do their research came to that conclusion... people like you who havent are showing themselves as dumb fukks right now.

Deleted
    Or perhaps it's entirely expected because Disney is ashamed of their history and completely separated themselves from it.. what a weird talking point.
    I don't see that they separated themselves from it. They've had issues with Muslims recently. I think they just bash whatever minority is fashionable like most racists.

Deleted
    What PewdiePie should have said is "Israel is sending its Jews, they're criminals, they're rapists. And some are good people". Because then that's OK with fuckwitted Americans.

The word you are looking for to dig yourself out of that hole you dug yourself into is CONTEXT

That just happens to be the same word that applies to pewdiepie.

But hey... only those who bothered to do their research came to that conclusion... people like you who havent are showing themselves as dumb fukks right now.
    I haven't dug myself a hole. I understand that some people don't find the example, "Kill all jews," to be an acceptable thing to use when demonstrating the deplorable things people will do for $5. It's readily apparent that you don't understand this nuance.

BTW, bolding and chaging the size of your font doesn't help your point.

Deleted

Lmao wtf is wrong with you people..
    Sorry I don't speak retard.

Infracted - Flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-02-18 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    What PewdiePie should have said is "Israel is sending its Jews, they're criminals, they're rapists. And some are good people". Because then that's OK with fuckwitted Americans.
    Having in mind we have american trump supporters here, I find that to be quite the flamatory thing to say. It's not nice to blankly insult fellow forum members.

Deleted
    I haven't dug myself a hole. I understand that some people don't find the example, "Kill all jews," to be an acceptable thing to use when demonstrating the deplorable things people will do for $5. It's readily apparent that you don't understand this nuance.
    The fact that you wrote this crap proves that you havent seen the context that the joke was made.... context is everything.

Good luck with living your life believing everything you read in the newspapers...
    Last edited by mmoc978ad45763; 2017-02-18 at 06:23 PM.

Those comedians made satirical jokes in a comedy context, either through mockery/comparison(cleese) complete 180(chaplin) or outright absurdist mockery(springtime for hitler)

The subject is the same but the context and quality of the material are different, the examples provided dont normalize anti semitic views by downplaying their significance. Plus no one in any context could say that these videos were pro nazi ideas.

And remember it wasnt the media that first said pewdiepie was a neo nazi or that he supported their views, it was the neo nazis that said that. If your mockery isnt mockery then you can't claim "It's just a joke dont be so sensitive" when people point it out.

Either he's an utter failure at satire/comedy or he's a neo nazi normalizing hateful views. The first is way way more likely than the second, but if the neo nazis are the ones saying that the second is true then he better take a long hard look at his shit.

Deleted
    It's the complete opposite, it was to showcase this ridiculous business model where anyone would do anything, including showing a card with "Death to All Jews", for 5 bucks. He asked other things to other people, like drawing a dick with MathLab or playing some other game with a girl that only played Heartstone. Those were rejected, just like Felix was expecting.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-02-18 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    Those comedians made satirical jokes in a comedy context, either through mockery/comparison(cleese) complete 180(chaplin) or outright absurdist mockery(springtime for hitler).
    Another person who hasnt watched the jokes in context *facedesk*

pewdiepies jokes are absolutely no different to any other joke using this subject matter.

Hypocrites just choose to stand by comedians they like.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    And remember it wasnt the media that first said pewdiepie was a neo nazi or that he supported their views, it was the neo nazis that said that. If your mockery isnt mockery then you can't claim "It's just a joke dont be so sensitive" when people point it out..
    TOTAL HORSESHIT

The Daily Stormer changed thier titlepage AFTER the WSJ article came out... i mean you really are dumb as fukk if u want to try to use the Daily Stormer as evidence of pewdiepie being a Nazi.

Go and look at their titlepage now... Then come back and retract your comments with your head hung in shame.