Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebe View Post
    What does it matter if its a talent? not all fights require any mobility to speak of.

edit

In raids demonic circle has no rival anyway and in l75 tier you get to choose to be the tankiest dps class in the game or among the most mobile. Warlocks are increadibly versatile.
    For example, as destruction I *have* to take Shadowfury instead of Demonic Circle in order to proc Sephuz. And in fights where healer(s) are struggling I have to take Demon Skin or Dark Pact. Thus, in a very plausible situation a warlock is immobile as sh*t due to no baseline mobility. It's not just a meme.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am a dark wizard!

Back to topic "How "fun" is affli warlock to play?" How about you try it out? You don't even have to level one but make a trial character at level 100 i believe...

Affliction is a spec built all around the idea of multiple targets. It's a lot more challenging and satisfying to throw dots up on a bunch of enemies at once, explode them all with seed of corruption, watch swarms of small enemies go up in a chain reaction of soul flames, and reap the benefits of collecting souls and getting Wrath of Consumption stacks.

As a result I think affliction is incredibly fun and satisfying to play while questing, in dungeons that you don't massively overgear, and during encounters that have a lot of adds present. When it comes to single target boss fights, however, Affliction feels kind of bland and slow-paced as a result. You can spice it up with some talent picks, but it's very clearly designed around gameplay and thematic goals that benefit from fighting multiple enemies at once.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I would argue that Malefic grasp brings something that affliction mechanically needs, burstier single-target.
    Simply adding in stronger dots affects multi-target.
    Is it the best approach ?
    Maybe not, perhaps there isn't one which is best.
    But I think it is serving a role in trying to solve a problem.

There is no objective answer on whether a given spec is "fun".
    Difficulty is perhaps a bit easier to rate relatively, one being more so than another in a given scenario.
    I understand that people like the talent and that it's completely subjective. What I don't like is how it is the best choice is virtually every encounter, it has the lowest AMR, it forces us the be ST, and it is being reinforced by Rend Soul and the T20 tier bonuses.

I'm not sure what the real solution is outside of making us more like shadow priests (how fucking ironic since shadow was made to be like affliction), but our instant dots all need longer duration's with higher dps, or some sort of refresh mechanic like rot and decay used to do, which shadow has built into void bolt. It's such an insult how they made that spec so strong with dots as well as their direct damage and yet I'm supposed to feel good about rotating 3 instants on a target and draining into UA stacks and repeating it hectically because my rotation is so limited by dot duration's.

What does it matter if its a talent? not all fights require any mobility to speak of.

In raids demonic circle has no rival anyway and in l75 tier you get to choose to be the tankiest dps class in the game or among the most mobile. Warlocks are increadibly versatile.
    We pick between varying levels of mobility, tankiness, and CC. The 45 row is very contentious since when you need shadowfury its not really an option, a 20% max health heal on a 45s cd is very powerful, and then you have circle.

On the 75 row, not having burning rush the majority of the time is just painful and makes getting out of or dealing with many mechanics difficult. But burning rush is a very expensive skill both in health cost to maintain and in having to sacrifice a significant amount of tankiness for it by not taking one of the other talents on the row. Without those talents we aren't nearly as tanky as we have been in the past.

Its kind of a shitty place to be in but its workable.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2017-02-18 at 08:11 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I didnt want to make a new thread for this but thought I would ask it here. Are there tricks for managing your pet in dungeons especially when you skip certain mobs using terrain. Do you just dismiss and summon each time to make sure pet doesn't pull?

I really wish pets didn't create body aggro. Would make my like easier in mythics. Most of the time I just take the dps loss and run Sacrifice instead so I don't end up messing up a run.

Quote Originally Posted by kavousanos View Post
    Do you find Aff consistent?!
    Our main shard consumer hits for ~350k and crits for ~900k at 905.
    Artifact soul generation is random. Sometimes you have souls at Bloodlust, sometimes not.
    Fatal Echoes is responsible, on its own, for 100k fluctuations in dps if the procs are used skillfully and happen during trinket/bl procs.
    Aff is THE inconsistent warlock spec right now. Even Destro got incredibly smoother with 4p.
    9/10 I know where my dps is going to be headed. You're thinking of fluctuations that over the course of the fight even out quite well. Besides which, I was making a point compared to burst classes, which we are not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    We pick between varying levels of mobility, tankiness, and CC. The 45 row is very contentious since when you need shadowfury its not really an option, a 20% max health heal on a 45s cd is very powerful, and then you have circle.

On the 75 row, not having burning rush the majority of the time is just painful and makes getting out of or dealing with many mechanics difficult. But burning rush is a very expensive skill both in health cost to maintain and in having to sacrifice a significant amount of tankiness for it by not taking one of the other talents on the row. Without those talents we aren't nearly as tanky as we have been in the past.

Its kind of a shitty place to bem but its workable.
    It's even worse with Aff, having Howl instead of Shadowfury. Why is that even there...

Burning Rush is the one all-spec talents that I wish was baseline. It's not like it's overpowered either, it does come with a high cost after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    I didnt want to make a new thread for this but thought I would ask it here. Are there tricks for managing your pet in dungeons especially when you skip certain mobs using terrain. Do you just dismiss and summon each time to make sure pet doesn't pull?

I really wish pets didn't create body aggro. Would make my like easier in mythics. Most of the time I just take the dps loss and run Sacrifice instead so I don't end up messing up a run.
    Dismiss. All you can really do. it's not a big deal, it's just annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    I am a dark wizard!

Back to topic "How "fun" is affli warlock to play?" How about you try it out? You don't even have to level one but make a trial character at level 100 i believe...
    Soul flame is such a fundamental part of affliction and you can't get it at lvl 100

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjer View Post
    lmao, warlocks are slow as shit. On top of the boring rotation thats what really makes me remember why i never play mine.

Classes more mobile than warlock:

DK - Barely, but yep
    DH - YES
    Druid - Hell, yes
    Hunter - Definitely
    Mage - For sure
    Monk - Oh god yes
    Paladin - Yes
    Priest - Not sure on this one, honestly.
    Rogue - Uh huh
    Shaman - Yup
    Warrior - Every day

- - - Updated - - -

All of that being said, warlock was the quickest leveling experience i've ever had. With the right talent setup you can just 3-dot everything in sight and literally can't die to anything but an elite. Stuff just continually melts around you. It wasn't fair.
    How DK/DH/Mage/Paladin/Priest/Shaman keep up with permanent 50% speed?

Deleted
    How DK/DH/Mage/Paladin/Priest/Shaman keep up with permanent 50% speed?
    How do you do that as a lock?

Just go do m+ dungeons, possibly lower ones to make it more obvious: Lock will always be the last to arrive at bosses because of the lack of mobility. Yes, you can take burning rush, but as Bacon pointed out above, that is insanely expensive: The life cost is probably the most taxing one in game PLUS the loss of your talent that actually makes you "tanky" (very -ish!!) in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    How do you do that as a lock?

Just go do m+ dungeons, possibly lower ones to make it more obvious: Lock will always be the last to arrive at bosses because of the lack of mobility. Yes, you can take burning rush, but as Bacon pointed out above, that is insanely expensive: The life cost is probably the most taxing one in game PLUS the loss of your talent that actually makes you "tanky" (very -ish!!) in the first place.
    You either play with burning rush or you go home. The healers I play with never have problem to out heal it.

You either play with burning rush or you go home. The healers I play with never have problem to out heal it.
    as a goblin engineer i most of the time keep it up with the rest. though yea.. not picking burning rush is hard.
    BETA CLUB

Best and most fun specc in the game for me at the moment (I tried six different ones this expansion). Honestly, like so many others have pointed out, it's pointless to ask, it's all a matter of taste. I absolutely love it, but apparently some other guy would rather be a edgy demonlord shooting laser beams out of his eyes every three minutes. That's alright if he likes it, I find it cringy and absolutely horrible from a gameplay perspective.

To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by cristos View Post
    Stackable UA's made affliction spammy and boring.

It was more enjoyable in previous expansions. One of my favorites was WoD but with MoP's soulswapping.
    I kinda agree. I wish UA were a bit like some Holy Power abilities - it was usable at 1+ shard but would consume up to 3, increasing in power.

Deleted
    After the initial hype, i find it very boring. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    I am a dark wizard!

No artifact traits, very low damage. To be honest, trials aren't exactly useful.

My personal experience this xpac, lock being my 5th char:
    I dont play hardcore raiding, i do m+ and normal/hc raids
    My alts get 880 ilvl in 2 weeks
    Started as rogue, felt boring to play outlaw/sin (hate sub)
    Changed to dh, started as tank and loved it, swapped to dps and then i had fun (its my main now)
    Feral druid - sucks at m+ wich is what i mainly do, but it was my main in mop/wod...just like rogue doesnt feel rewarding to play since i tried dh...
    Dk frost/blood - lots of fun, near immortal in blood, love it, and frost is so much fun and good dmg in raid/m+
    Lock - leveled in destro in less then 10h and swapped to aff
    Its easy to play, lots of fun in m+, but kinda boring in raiding
    Still havent tried demo

Just try it!

Deleted
    bosses usin WoA instead of MG is so much funnier, but u can never do the same nbrs.

this is my Star heroic log from this week, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=28&type=casts , only ppl pushing less buttons than me is 2 healers.. and i'm ranked 22 in the world on this fight..

what i try to say, i think the MG specc is booring as fuck, even tho u get high nbrs..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    No artifact traits, very low damage. To be honest, trials aren't exactly useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Soul flame is such a fundamental part of affliction and you can't get it at lvl 100
    Trials aren't there for damage, they are there so you can check out if you like their playstyle, rotations etc. and this is what should make fun, topping (if you're good) the dps meters is another story because dps makes fun with every class.
    Last edited by Dismembered; 2017-02-20 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kavousanos View Post
    Are you a fly? If you are, then chances are you're gonna like shit like most of them do.

Most other specs/classes are much more fun. The numbers are decent but we lack "moments" of awesomeness.
    Boomies have their Full Moon, a HUGE number you see every so often. Their AoE also feels amazing once they unleash it.
    MM hunters hitting a shot right on the end of Patient Sniper.

Your legendaries will be lackluster. Your utility will be summoning people. Your mobility will be.. heh.. Won't be.
    Ahahahahahahahaahah.
    I mean how deluded you must be to think that that huge-ass long cast with one or two 'numbers' at the end is a moment of 'awesome'. Or the 'shot right at the end of patient sniper' -- I havent read anything more stupid in ages. That kinda leads us to the fact that your conclusion is also shit.

to OP: affli is very fun with a lot of variations fight to fight. It can be very mobile if you need it to be and it can be very turret-y. You dont have 'make or break' legendaries with this spec which is also good because even with mediocre leggo rng you wont feedl completely f-ed up, but the good legendaries are resonably good.