Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    hm I was planning to level a dps to 70 to make things easier to fight but now with 2 new dps classes the que times will be crazy for dps. I'll just stick with astrologian.
    Why would the queue times even change. Unless tanks and healers are switching, nothing will change

the whiny people on reddit are so dumb. they really expected to go another 2 years with no new melee job, or to add another tank when pld needs an overhaul? it's like they assume every dps fills the same role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    The whiny people on Reddit are so dumb. They really expected to go another 2 years with no new melee job, or to add another tank when PLD needs an overhaul? It's like they assume every DPS fills the same role.
    Well, looking at official forum isn't really that nice either.

"Mages were stuck with BLM and SMN since 2.0, Melee were stuck with MNK NIN DRG since 2.4, Tanks and Healer had the most recent additions, 3.0"

>"Utter bullshit, BLM,SMN,MNK,NIN,DRG had machinist since 3.0. DPS HAD they new class with the expansion. THere is no such a thing as melee/ranged/magic class in this game. There is tank,healer and Dps that's it."

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Well, looking at official forum isn't really that nice either.

"Mages were stuck with BLM and SMN since 2.0, Melee were stuck with MNK NIN DRG since 2.4, Tanks and Healer had the most recent additions, 3.0"

>"Utter bullshit, BLM,SMN,MNK,NIN,DRG had machinist since 3.0. DPS HAD they new class with the expansion. THere is no such a thing as melee/ranged/magic class in this game. There is tank,healer and Dps that's it."
    lol that's what i'm talking about. i mainly play melee classes because i don't enjoy casting. we had a whole expansion with the same old 3 melee but people don't seem to realize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    the whiny people on reddit are so dumb. they really expected to go another 2 years with no new melee job, or to add another tank when pld needs an overhaul? it's like they assume every dps fills the same role.
    Its almost like people believe adding more jobs that Tank / Heal will actually translate into more tanks and healers. As if other trinity mmos haven't proven otherwise. People that don't Tank arent suddenly gonna go tanks because you add SAM as a Tank. Paladin not so much but both Warrior and Dark Knight have really good gameplay and Aesthetics and that hasnt translated into more tanks.

Alot of people arent confortable with the added spotlight of those roles and adding more tanks or healers wont solve that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    You are talking about class design and your preferences, tight timers do not mean clunky, I can play BLM very well and the flow of the rotation and priority order flows very well with the timer to hand and skilled players know when to refresh it when needing to move to upkeep the buff and proper placement of ley lines.

Clunky is when the class can't function well even played by a proper skilled player, such as the rotation simply doesn't fit into the timer due to not being designed well, thats clunky, peoples lack of skill with a class that does function properly is entirely different to this, I simply read feedback from people who aren't very good at the class, and the likely reason will be, they can't get away with basic spamming anymore.

People will not forgive a BLM that does not use fire 4 + leylines, you need to give BLM a lot of attention to keep using fire 4 and to refresh enochain, people don't like this since you know, a lot of players want to be lazy.
    Yet BLM is the only job in the game that suffers so heavily from lack of knowledge of how an encounter is designed. Like you said a well played BLM will know when to use ley lines and when to move. How would you know that when you're going in blind into an encounter? Like say on patch day? Every other class has much more lenient timers that allow for some flexibility. Granted of course this is a very... minor problem because you'll quickly learn what to do but even so its something other classes don't really have to go through, at least to the same degree. To me that's clunky.

Really it reminds me back to how Monks were in ARR with their Greased Lighting mechanic.

Again this is all...from an incredibly ignorant pov. I will admit that. I don't play the class ;P. I really shouldn't even be commenting on this.

Its almost like people believe adding more jobs that Tank / Heal will actually translate into more tanks and healers. As if other trinity mmos haven't proven otherwise. People that don't Tank arent suddenly gonna go tanks because you add SAM as a Tank. Paladin not so much but both Warrior and Dark Knight have really good gameplay and Aesthetics and that hasnt translated into more tanks.

Alot of people arent confortable with the added spotlight of those roles and adding more tanks or healers wont solve that.
    Its not just about increasing the tank and healer population. Adding new jobs for certain roles gives those players something new to learn and possibly enjoy otherwise it can get stale. Having said that melee and casters (especially casters) needed more love.

Honestly I'm more sad there's no new race than only two new jobs and no tank/healers... maybe in two years I'll get my Bangaa.

https://abload.de/img/yosshidaoxuip.png - gods I love the art for FFXIV.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-02-18 at 09:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Salt is real.

That's actually pretty hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    >m-muh expert on history.

Samurais were also used as fucking foot soldiers you fucking dunce. (not you Kaelwryn)
    God damn the whine is tilting me hard, the game needed a two-handed DPS and their reasons for not giving us another healer or tank job was perfectly reasonable.

It also increases the chance of healer or tank being released mid-expansion, they don't want to do that again as balancing NIN when it got released was a nightmare. However doing that with healers and tanks is much more easier.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2017-02-18 at 09:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently SE lied to us. Jesus christ this community. I'm enjoying this salt train yet at the same time my brain hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Ken Sama weighs in.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I'll be angry if I can't move (and upgrade) my house.

So hyped for the new housing area, but if I can't move.. it's very big risk to take.
    Regarding housing:

At launch, 4.0 will double inventory slots for all estates

At launch, the Othard housing district will be accessible to visit and look around, but plots will not be available for sale.

In a later patch, when plots do go on sale, a system to move your house from one location to another will also be implemented.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    God damn the whine is tilting me hard, the game needed a two-handed DPS and their reasons for not giving us another healer or tank job was perfectly reasonable.
    While their reasons are reasonable, I've never understood the argument "the game needed a two-handed DPS" Why? Why does it NEED that? Honestly, the weapon style is really just aesthetics. Samurai could have been a Sword/dagger of katana and wakizashi dual wield and still filled the same role it will as the hand and a half katana using two hands for animation.

It also increases the chance of healer or tank being released mid-expansion, they don't want to do that again as balancing NIN when it got released was a nightmare. However doing that with healers and tanks is much more easier.
    NIN took all of one patch and was gently massaged with a few minor buffs and a couple minor nerfs for balance and the response was "this feels right." Not exactly a nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Regarding housing:

- In a later patch, when plots do go on sale, a system to move your house from one location to another will also be implemented.
    I've only seen people talk about it on FC-houses, I want to abandon my (personal) Mist house and get small or pref. medium plot in Shirugane.

Went to inspect some medium house earlier.. totally didn't break in and take a look when nobody was watching.. and I feel like that 3 floor building would be perfect for me.

Such beautiful location, I can see my female Au Ra walking around in far eastern themed clothing.

>m-muh expert on history.
    After seeing the reactions, part of me wishes the Samurai we got took more inspiration from the earlier Samurai and was a mounted archer. That would have really upset people.

Well day 1 over for me and I must say I really enjoyed myself. Personally I'm happy with 2 DPS since Paladin is still in need of a rework and well look how long it took them to make AST somewhat decent. Maybe they will do a Healer or Tank next xpac but for now I'm happy with my AST.

Can't say I've read up on the salt on reddit or the official forums but anyone got a link for some good reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    NIN took all of one patch and was gently massaged with a few minor buffs and a couple minor nerfs for balance and the response was "this feels right." Not exactly a nightmare.
    Tell that to Yoshi and the rest of the dev team who said it themselves that it was a nightmare to balance NIN when it was released late into vanilla, it's also that reason why they are most likely never going to release another dps in the middle of an expansion.

Healer and tanks are both much easier to balance over the far more numbered dps roles, so yes i can definitly see them releasing another job late into Stormblood even.

Tell that to Yoshi and the rest of the dev team who said it themselves that it was a nightmare to balance NIN when it was released late into vanilla, it's also that reason why they are most likely never going to release another dps in the middle of an expansion.

Healer and tanks are both much easier to balance over the far more numbered dps roles, so yes i can definitly see them releasing late into Stormblood even.
    If I recall Ninja was a one off because Rogue/Ninja was intended for launch but there were time constraints.

Personally I don't see them releasing another job late into it. I think they will go down to 2 per expansion from now which is ok. We don't have to have the holy trinity added all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If I recall Ninja was a one off because Rogue/Ninja was intended for launch but there were time constraints.
    I wouldn't know about that, but one thing's for sure, they wont be releasing another dps job in the middle of an expansion when they themselves have claimed it was a bitch to balance.

And it was easy to see how unbalanced NIN was, it was at the point where FC's couldn't clear T11 without a NIN, the job was almost a must have.

Edit: Err i mean Turn 10, but NIN was a huge boost on T11 aswell.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2017-02-18 at 09:51 PM.

I wouldn't know about that, but one thing's for sure, they wont be releasing another dps job in the middle of an expansion when they themselves have claimed it was a bitch to balance.

And it was easy to see how unbalanced NIN was, it was at the point where FC's couldn't clear T11 without a NIN, the job was almost a must have.
    And I doubt they will release a healer after all the AST crap. I just don't see it tbh. Personally idm 2 jobs per expac. As long as the jobs are fun to play.

If they can balance a job mid expansion then sure release it. But I'd rather them focus on other content personally.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-18 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And I doubt they will release a healer after all the AST crap. I just don't see it tbh. Personally idm 2 jobs per expac. As long as the jobs are fun to play.

If they can balance a job mid expansion then sure release it. But I'd rather them focus on other content personally.
    Don't get me wrong, i don't mind only 2 jobs aswell, i wanted Dancer but it is how it is.

I just wouldn't put it behind Yoshi to do that, of course it's just speculations, time will tell.