10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Dragonknight got all the fire spells.
    Mage's Guild and Destruction staff as well.... might be a few others spread around
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I've got a few days off next week to re-try this. I believe when I last played I was a DK, so am going to re-try him, though I've heard some fun things about this "Pet Sorc" not even sure why I quit the game last time, It's extremely fun (shame the view count on Twitch is so low) constant PvP is my dream (DAoC player)

i honestly don't like the sound of the warden's abilities.

i wish they would have went necromancer, like most people have been wanting since forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i honestly don't like the sound of the warden's abilities.

i wish they would have went necromancer, like most people have been wanting since forever.
    A necromancer would be nice. But I'd like them to be PvP enabled everywhere. Since everyone hates necromancers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    A necromancer would be nice. But I'd like them to be PvP enabled everywhere. Since everyone hates necromancers.
    it's like the black harvest and demon hunters in wow right now. fight fire with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's like the black harvest and demon hunters in wow right now. fight fire with fire.
    Let's not compare glorious Necromancers to terrible Demon Hunturds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Mage's Guild and Destruction staff as well.... might be a few others spread around
    Wait guilds give you skills too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Wait guilds give you skills too?
    All the factions give you skills, there are quite a bit of abilities in ESO, it just doesn't seem like it at first. I jumped into pvp straight away to level my vigor ability since I need self healing as a rogue/assassin. Also love the ability that increases mount speed by quite a bit and you can cast it while mounted.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how do they balance all that? Even with skyshards there has to be a cap on skill points right?

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    So how do they balance all that? Even with skyshards there has to be a cap on skill points right?
    there is. also, not only you have limited amount of active skills you can have on your bars at any given time (5 per bar, plus ultimate) - most of the passives only work if the active skill from that skill line is slotted on the bar.

The cap on skyshards is very very high and most people won't get all of them since that takes getting max rank in pvp just google how insane of a grind that can be.

10+ Year Old Account
    As of April of last year there were 350 skill points that can be obtained. That was before Dark Brotherhood and Shadows of the Hist launched so it's likely higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Plus a crap ton of passives are crafting related and you are better off having a crafting alt
    you mean splitting professions across multiple characters? that used to be a better choice. nowadays, unless you plan on crafting no furniture? you are better off consolidating (and even if you decide not to consolidate, I would at least consolidate tailoring, woodworking and blacksmithing personaly - due to the fact that they share motifs and some motifs can kinda get pricey)

there are a lot more skill poionts in game now anyways, so having a dedicated crafter is not as painful anymore.

Bought this a couple of days ago, played until level 10 or so, didn't captivate me, graphics are amazing, but that's not enough to keep my attention in this age. Combat feels very lacking, compared to e.g. vanilla wow, you have 4-5 abilities?? Is this a moba??

Didn't really understand crafting, but didn't need to apparently. Movement animations are really weird, and that is a make or break for me in RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Bought this a couple of days ago, played until level 10 or so, didn't captivate me, graphics are amazing, but that's not enough to keep my attention in this age. Combat feels very lacking, compared to e.g. vanilla wow, you have 4-5 abilities?? Is this a moba??

Didn't really understand crafting, but didn't need to apparently. Movement animations are really weird, and that is a make or break for me in RPGs.
    you know.. I honestly don't understand why people have problems with animations? I see people saying it, but.. I don't get it? they look fine to me. I certainly enjoy it better than new running animations for half my WoW characters...

that said.. you are lvl 10. how many abilities did you have at lvl 10 in WoW? at lvl 15 you get a secondary bar. aka eventually you have a total of 12 active abilities. 5 regular plus ultimate per weapon bar that you DO switch between during combat. (its also fairly typical of action combat based rpg's -GW2, Tera, Neverwinter, Wildstar of the ones that I personaly played - all have limited abilities you can have active on an action bar at any given time, the customization comes from deciding which abilities you prioritize)

I understand if the game is still not for you, just wanted to clear up this one thing.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-02-18 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    you know.. I honestly don't understand why people have problems with animations? I see people saying it, but.. I don't get it? they look fine to me. I certainly enjoy it better than new running animations for half my WoW characters...
    It's not simple to explain. But 1 thing a game for me to be good has to get RIGHT (like spot fucking on) is movement. Movement in WoW feels so fluid, so natural. In ESO, it's like it's made for console? Sure you can move freely, but it almost feels like the prime focus is to move in 2 axes of freedom. Also some things that clearly aren't possible - like jumping backwards the same distance as you can jump while running forward, and generally I feel like the animations correspond to input very poorly.

Didn't know about a second bar at level 15, that's good. True, I didn't get very far, but I was playing dual wield that rogue-ish class and so many of my abilities buffed damage in execute lol. And then of the rest of my abilities I would only use 1 opener to close gap, and then spam the most efficient nuke and use 3rd ability when the guy was sub 25%.

Just not a great design to a couple of things in my opinion.

It's not simple to explain. But 1 thing a game for me to be good has to get RIGHT (like spot fucking on) is movement. Movement in WoW feels so fluid, so natural. In ESO, it's like it's made for console? Sure you can move freely, but it almost feels like the prime focus is to move in 2 axes of freedom. Also some things that clearly aren't possible - like jumping backwards the same distance as you can jump while running forward, and generally I feel like the animations correspond to input very poorly.

Didn't know about a second bar at level 15, that's good. True, I didn't get very far, but I was playing dual wield that rogue-ish class and so many of my abilities buffed damage in execute lol. And then of the rest of my abilities I would only use 1 opener to close gap, and then spam the most efficient nuke and use 3rd ability when the guy was sub 25%.

Just not a great design to a couple of things in my opinion.
    to each their own for sure. :P because I almost play wow despite the movement. especially running animations, my god, do they bother the heck out of me, and I actualy preferred old animations to new ones.

and well.. thing about ESO combat is that you can arrange it in different ways. to compare to WoW, certain classes start out incredibly boring because you pretty much have one, maybe 2 abilities you spam for a WHILE and even at end game, in Legion some of the classes got so neutered that you don't get to use all that much at all in combat. I like the freedom I get despite somewhat limited active skills bar, because I can have all active abilities or couple of active abilities with buff bar as secondary bar, or a mix of things, play around with my weapon setups, etc.

I mean... if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you. given that my biggest issue with Wildstar was how its animations looked, especialy for Aurin.. I'm not the one to judge :P I just can't relate to the issues people are having specifically with ESO animations :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    One of my real life friends played the starter island and quit. His reason? He liked everything about the game except the combat animations and the fact that there were other people around...

Movement in WoW feels so fluid, so natural.
    Fluid maybe, but natural? It's pretty much the opposite of natural. However, it does "feel" good as a video game, I'll give it that.

Biggest problem I have with ESO's movement has to do with jumping mostly, and I think it is the game engine and how the character interacts with the environment that is the biggest issue.

The only issue I've had with the animations in ESO is the bit of slip they have when they stop moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    you mean splitting professions across multiple characters? that used to be a better choice. nowadays, unless you plan on crafting no furniture? you are better off consolidating (and even if you decide not to consolidate, I would at least consolidate tailoring, woodworking and blacksmithing personaly - due to the fact that they share motifs and some motifs can kinda get pricey)
    I'm so glad I went that route when I started at launch. I thought it was going to be a tough road leveling a character with all professions, but it wasn't that bad (Nightblade w/bow). I could not see any benefit to spreading out professions, it's always seemed best to have them all consolidated on one character. It also freed up skill points on other characters that I didn't have to dump into crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I think that is a GREAT game, I'm not blaming the game, I guess that I'm probably so use to WoW, that the combat system, animations, graphics, systems... seems so different to me, that they don't seem attractive.
    This is basically how my husband feels as well and why I can't get him to 1) quit WoW or 2) get into another MMO.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson