Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Guild play having inherent advantages is part of the game, and always has been. The result of unsocial player behavior does not equal bad game design.
    oh ofc they do - that i agree 100% - but making so many cross realm oportunities made them completly obsolete and outdated model - we need some new proposition on guilds from blizzard.

in ideal world blizzard would make their own guilds on biggest servers as proposition to players of safe social space - with no teleration for toxicity , with no fake elitsm - where few hired by them people would moderate , create events ,teach players and ceate oportunities from them to make such social ties. but we have what we have.

I haven’t been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like,but I have gotten every always with some for have inside the whatever anything for I like to see and although but soon without also out.

Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgar View Post
    nothing, but again, if you're a dps its going to take awhile.
    not really unless you are trying to set the bar higher than what you would think the min requirement is.

I bet if you create a mythic dungeon run and invite 825+ dps heals and tank, that group will fill up fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Guilds are not positive social play. They actually isolate people into small groups. Proper social play is REALM wide. A true in-game community. Catering to guild play is a bad idea.
    They are social play though, for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is playing with the same group persistently, learning together, voice chat in many cases, etc.

The in-game realm wide community in this game? Just spend some time in /2 and let me know what a valuable experience that was for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    oh ofc they do - that i agree 100% - but making so many cross realm oportunities made them completly obsolete and outdated model - we need some new proposition on guilds from blizzard.

in ideal world blizzard would make their own guilds on biggest servers as proposition to players of safe social space - with no teleration for toxicity , with no fake elitsm - where few hired by them people would moderate , create events ,teach players and ceate oportunities from them to make such social ties. but we have what we have.
    I don't think x-realm makes them obsolete in the slightest. Personally I wouldn't want to be in any sort of 'official' regulated guild, and you can bet with complete confidence that Blizzard would have no interest in maintaining / moderating any sort of sanctioned guild(s). They are player driven initiatives, and should remain so. It's up to players to push for events, participation, etc.

In a perfect technological world, WoW would really only have 3-4 true servers per continent (PvP, PvE, and RP for each). There are technical and gameplay oriented reasons why that's a bad idea (and those hurdles are what caused MMO designers to come up with servers / realms etc in the first place).

They are player driven initiatives,.
    and exackly because of this a lot of them are tainted and corrupted by fake elitism and usual human greed. exackly thereason why so many people keep away from them. there is nothing worse then some random retard with no real managment skills and stupid greed trying to lead people. thats why for each person who will tell how amazing guilds are you can find another who will tell you stories of the unesesary guild drama and how they cba with guilds anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think x-realm makes them obsolete in the slightest. .
    you dont have to think - its a fact that majority of former normal/hc raid mode guilds died out during last 4 years. its not accident it happened right after cross realm raiding was enabaled . hell if mythic raids were cross realm from day one this would be mass extinction of mythic raid guilds too. that they blizzard keeps them realm tied - dont belive even for 1 second its about any rankings which they dont give any f... about.

flex made cracks in wall , making hc cross realm killed of ton of guilds. i bet blizzard was shocked in tempo of those changes themselves.

The mythic keystone system is bad because it seems optimized to favor groups who outgear the content to sell carries.

If i want to actually use the system to gear up, its hard because if i have i860 gear i better have a 7-9 key to get one run. After that my key probably wont help me. Id have to run other peoples keys but they are all looking for carries from 880+ geared people. Ill get declined at 860 joining random 7-9 groups. I could manually form a group of 860s to help each other gear up but we would need the correct keystone or we are wasting our time and anyone with the correct keystone wont join our group.

However if you are already i900 and want to farm ap or sell carries for gold, you form a group with +900 people and can easily run it all day.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicon View Post
    I usually am a fan of your posts and I agree with many of your points. But I laughed out loud regarding #2 challenge modes were not the best thing ever to be added to the game. I agree you really enjoyed them and loved them. Most people didn't do them at all. They were pointless and Mythic+ is not much better. Think about what you said, you claimed Challenge Modes were the best thing that happened to WoW.

That is like saying Warlords of Draenor is the best WoW expansion. The only thing I remember about challenge dungeons (and I never met any people who liked them in MoP or otherwise). Was people selling runs for the Yeti Mount with non stop spam.

I agree mythic+ sucks but I don't get how you think challenge modes were better, they had no impact on 90% of people. They suffer from the same problem, rush through dungeons and face a Mario timer, over just making a very hard dungeon mode that is like extreme Dark Souls without a timer. I've always been a fan of skilled players getting the best gear over RNG smiling and dropping a Legendary for someone who plays an hour a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Back in Vanilla, we were raiding BWL. The 40 man raid that was most a PUG outside of some guild raiders. I wanna say took about 6-7 hours to fill up. And then inbetween some pulls there were always people saying, "One sec son is crying," or "One sec dog needs out" there were always several people, and sometimes we had to wait an hour between a few boss pools.

Then trying to communicate with 40 people in voice chat was a nightmare.

I don't even remember really how long the raids themselves lasted but it was a long time. Felt like you were raiding all day and night long. Just to get a handful of hours sleep to do the same thing again. Only to get maybe half of bosses at best, and usually they weren't killed for many months.

Now guilds wonder what is wrong if they haven't cleared heroic or normal raids after a few weeks.

Now people can't wait 15-20 minutes. Attention spans really have shit the bed.

I don't think people would have lasted more than a month back in vanilla or bc.

MoP CM dungeons might been considered too easy but I have very fond memories. The good part was that more or less, your group could not be better geared than what you had since gear scaled. Sure you could have sockets and bis trinkets etc, but since I didn't care about leaderboards and only wanted gold, gear didn't matter much at all.

It all came down to proper pulls, how brave could you be? You had to really time your cool downs, especially tank and healer (did CM as every role). The speed was mostly determined by skill.

Also, for M+, I have not seen a single group use invisibility potions yet (I have only done Mythic+15 as best though, not sure how it is around 20). And that is a shame. Now it's mostly just mass pulls and brain dead aoe, hoping you have the gear to manage

WoD CM's were even better as they were much harder than MoPs. Pulling off different strategists in Iron Docks, with Iron star, feign-death runs, etc etc was really fun. I also remember my first gold in WoD, which was UBRS (arguably the hardest one). We worked on that dungeon for days (this was very early of WoD) and no one had any optimized gear with sockets or anything. We had calculated that we COULD do it with our dps etc but it had to be almost a perfect run. After countless tries and many hours there, we finally did it. To see that Gold achievement pop was one of my best memories of WoW.

You simply don't feel that with Mythic+. Challenge Mode felt more like a goal, more like something that not everyone did so easily. Mythic+ is more designed to be run over and over again, and it doesn't feel very special.

I wish they would add a separate Challenge Mode for each dungeon, irrelevant to Mythic+. With gear scaled to lets say 840 and ONE timer to beat, just like old CMs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    1. Because everybody will do DHT MOS (like now tbh)

2. Lul the famous "SKILL FOR CM RUN" with people running 3 blademirror or soulcap during WOD // #much skill very wow

3. RNG is RNG

4. Nobody want to carry scrub

5. Super Duper Subjective Opinion.

As a reply to your replies on my points:

1. Yes, everyone might run MoS etc, but why is that a bad thing? It gives the player MORE CHOICES! More power to the player = good thing.

2. Blade mirror was released in HFC. By then CM were not the same. I did CM the first weeks, then it was a lot more skill than any BiS list of gear that mattered.

3. Yes, RNG is RNG, but that is a BAD THING. I see you are a huge blizz-fanboy but please, try to think a little rational, Blizzard are not perfect with their game designs.

4. Yes, nobody wants to carry a scrub. But it has gone too far. No one wants to help with anything anymore. The community is pure cancer and it only get worse every day. And scrub? What do you even mean by that? Is a raider in lets say Method a scrub if he take a break for a few months and fall behind on gear? I am 100% sure a Method raider with 870 would outdoes a regular guy with 900. But people just see ilvl and not the player. It is so much ignorance in this community it has become seriously scary to see how people act.

5. Yes, the question was "Why do YOU not like Mythic dungeons" this is my personal point of view

Not really sure how before hfc CM were high skill cap, I remember getting the gold during highmaul Mythic progress

Also glider pot and shortcut made all pretty easier

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I don't mind Mythic Dungeons. I just wish they were a bit more relevant than they were made out to be. Karazhan for example has pretty much gone to crap because it's not worth the effort in terms of gearing.
    I see people every week running Kara for Mediv trinket and last boss trinket as well as nightbane chest / trinket so it's pretty good at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Just curious why some people seem to not like mythic dungeons.

Isn't more content good for everyone?
    I can't queue for them.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    I can't queue for them.
    Is this really the game for you then?

LMAO at dime a dozen DPS complaining about competition to find groups. The same DPS that will complain about length of queues.

The rng factor of plus mode isn't as fun to me as harder scaled dungeons like za and the zg rework.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Is this really the game for you then?
    Ofcourse, I cba with finding a group though. Do I need to spell that out or what?
    I've been there and while finding a group might be easier these days than spamming trade, I still cba to apply for 20 of them just so I might get accepted to one. Just add it to the random dungeon finder thing. It's not like they are hard anyway.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    I didn't do any challange dungeons either. Just not my cup of tea. I don't mind them being there though for others to enjoy, probably even a good thing they exist for additional content to smaller group of friends who love pve.

Deleted
    i hate to pug them (also couldn't do challange modes because of it) guilds doesn't seem to help also on this matter.

The only reason I don't like Mythic dungeons is because they replaced Challenge Modes. It's just not the same. There were cool rewards to work towards, and a lot of the fun was in farming up, gemming and enchanting your ideal gear sets.