Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichodemus View Post
    We have the same problem in Sweden, the media is trying to tell us how to think and act, instead of giving us the information which is why alternative media is growing vast here.
    I've yet to see unbiased so called alternative media.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    So, should we believe the MSM that can't tell the truth, or a president who can't tell the truth?
    Neither. You should elect an honest president and you should force lying media out.

Well the media is doing a shit job, so they deserve this criticism. I don't take Trump's word on anything, but the media can't act like they are and expect not to get backlash for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    So, should we believe the MSM that can't tell the truth, or a president who can't tell the truth?
    This is why politics is so dumb right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    Neither. You should elect an honest president and you should force lying media out.
    Or, here's a thought, have the brainpower to understand the concept of bias and how to deal with it in the media. Instead of simply writing off anything you (or Trump) disagree with as "fake news".
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Or, here's a thought, have the brainpower to understand the concept of bias and how to deal with it in the media. Instead of simply writing off anything you (or Trump) disagree with as "fake news".
    I haven't called anything fake news, I think the term is stupid.

Nor am I taking a partisan stance with Trump, I just called him dishonest.. Idk if you are replying to the wrong post or what.

10+ Year Old Account

Nor am I taking a partisan stance with Trump, I just called him dishonest.. Idk if you are replying to the wrong post or what.
    Wasn't meaning to be combative with my post. More like an addendum, with a bit of sarcastic "bite" to it.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Anything other than completely denying Trump is a human being and completely supporting the media that attack him makes you a MAGA Trump supporter nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Wonder how man steps towards a dictatorship he has to take before the GOP stops even voting in lockstep with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Wonder how man steps towards a dictatorship he has to take before the GOP stops even voting in lockstep with him.
    Just one beyond the point of no return. By then it will be too late.

Deleted
    When he takes ANY steps toward a dictatorship, we will let you know. So far, that hasn't happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    The moment I've been waiting for ever since the election. The President has declared 'war' on the media, lets see if the American people are brainwashed enough to take the media's side or if they stand beside reason and the President. This is the primary reason I voted for you, Mr. President. Don't let them get away with this any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    When he takes ANY steps toward a dictatorship, we will let you know. So far, that hasn't happened.
    Attacking the free press as an institution is basically "how to create a dictatorship 101". Right up there with attacking judicial review.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    The moment I've been waiting for ever since the election. The President has declared 'war' on the media, lets see if the American people are brainwashed enough to take the media's side or if they stand beside reason and the President. This is the primary reason I voted for you, Mr. President. Don't let them get away with this any longer.
    Ah yes, it is too difficult to sift through bias. Please master Trump, do our thinking for us!

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Enjoy your dictatorship.

Deleted
    Attacking the free press as an institution is basically "how to create a dictatorship 101". Right up there with attacking judicial review.
    He is fully allowed to attack the free press anytime he wants to. Freedom of speech. Same with attacking judicial review. He is free to say what he feels.

When he calls for actually shutting down the free press or removes a judge because of an unfavorable ruling I will march in protest right next you. Until then, this is nothing but hysterical hyperbole.

Deleted
    Hasn't like every modern dictatorship began as a revolution of some sort?

I'm not entirely sure though, maybe you can give us examples of correlating events, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    He is fully allowed to attack the free press anytime he wants to. Freedom of speech. Same with attacking judicial review. He is free to say what he feels.
    No one said he wasn't. Its also a universal early warning sign for a dictator.

oh people are gullible? as if the media never abused that.
    Last edited by khazlol; 2017-02-18 at 09:27 PM. Reason: typo

Hasn't like every modern dictatorship began as a revolution of some sort?
    Nothing begins with a revolution, and no, democracies often fall into dictatorship or the like internally and often "peacefully".

Deleted
    Nothing begins with a revolution, and no, democracies often fall into dictatorship or the like internally and often "peacefully".
    Well I mean, such as? I'm not doubting you, I just don't know what you know.