Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I enjoy current Destruction a lot actually. By throwing away trash which was constantly touted as "optimal" by various sources and using BD/Erad/SH/Serv/SC setup you will have a very smooth and nice playstyle.

I'd say only issues with it is inability to play petless and desynched cooldowns, as well as Chaos Bolts being a tad too plentiful and a tad weaker in return.
    a play style that requires a specific legendary that not everyone has.

Since I have no account on the US forums, could anyone link this thread or post the data there in the forum and ask the developers for a comment or feedback? It would be enlightening to see what they think about the performance position of destruction warlocks in heroic raids.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    Since I have no account on the US forums, could anyone link this thread or post the data there in the forum and ask the developers for a comment or feedback? It would be enlightening to see what they think about the performance position of destruction warlocks in heroic raids.
    You can make a free US account with a starter edition, fyi.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

There have been countless threads asking for feedback.

We haven't received a blue response on a single warlock thread since the "We don't know have the answer for these warlock problems yet" from 7.1.5.

Don't expect anything. If they stalled out hunters and pretty much told them extensive changes would not come until an expac, don't expect anything big for warlocks either.

This whole affair has been a bait and switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    a play style that requires a specific legendary that not everyone has.
    It does not "require" legendary, no need to spread nonsense.

It's just that Feretory indeed benefits that build a lot, but if you don't have Feretory and instead something like Prydaz - the difference between the aids take all actives RB build which was touted to be THE ONE and BD/SC build is about 3% and those 3% are really impossible to achieve unless you are a machine.

With Feretory there is no 3% gap, but that's about it. It's not that it suddenly makes that build do 20% more damage or something.

Deleted

It's just that Feretory indeed benefits that build a lot, but if you don't have Feretory and instead something like Prydaz - the difference between the aids take all actives RB build which was touted to be THE ONE and BD/SC build is about 3% and those 3% are really impossible to achieve unless you are a machine.

With Feretory there is no 3% gap, but that's about it. It's not that it suddenly makes that build do 20% more damage or something.
    One question. What's your aoe build / priority of spells. Doesnt that aids elt boost that alot? Is hate elt to the bones. But with WA it isn't hard to keep it up 99%.

Quote Originally Posted by dolfke View Post
    One question. What's your aoe build / priority of spells. Doesnt that aids elt boost that alot? Is hate elt to the bones. But with WA it isn't hard to keep it up 99%.
    Any time there's aoe or adds you're better off just having ELT. And frankly the more I play the more erad just doesn't seem worth using vs ELT, despite my hating maintenance buffs with a passion. Erad needs a buff imo.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

One can not create posts with a starter edition account.

@HeroicMythic Considering they haven't responded to any of the threads ranging from useful feedback to just threads filled with people complaining that they don't respond to our threads, I don't see why you would expect them to respond to the kinds of posts you're making.

Because it is the right thing to do. Just because one gets ignored does not mean one should ignore the problem itself.

It's not nonsense. Take off your belt and give it a try. Then keep the belt off and play with CDF and ELT. The difference will be noticeable with proper play. Which is unfortunate, because I agree the BD/CDF/ELT build is sort of annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Any time there's aoe or adds you're better off just having ELT. And frankly the more I play the more erad just doesn't seem worth using vs ELT, despite my hating maintenance buffs with a passion. Erad needs a buff imo.
    Yes, I gravitate towards ELT most of the time as well, simply because of what you said here.

Thankfully ELT is not too terrible to use, although it's really something that should not be in WoW as a whole, IMO.

Yes, I gravitate towards ELT most of the time as well, simply because of what you said here.

Thankfully ELT is not too terrible to use, although it's really something that should not be in WoW as a whole, IMO.
    I made whole posts during alpha begging for them not to go down this road again the second I saw mana tap... lo and behold we're now pretty much forced into it. Worse yet the specific spec that it was most inappropriate for is the only one that's using it.

I'm really getting where a lot of these more hyperbolic people are coming from at this point. Every indication I've seen for this patch points to us not getting the changes they had talked about and likely much of any changes at all. They were just called out and conceded that mages have clearly gotten more attention during 7.1.5, and they're still responding to mages.

I wanna sit here and say its early in this PTR cycle and they've barely even scratched the surface on class tuning / changes yet... but its becoming increasingly difficult to make that argument with every patch that goes by. I hope they prove us all wrong here, but I'm really disheartened at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

I wanna put on my tin foil hat and say they're just ironing out the specifics on moving back to embers or changing up DE and that's why they haven't said anything.. but frankly at this point I'm not sure they're going to make those changes at all. Its odd because its soooooooo early into the PTR cycle to feel this way, but I'm honestly getting the impression that its not going to happen this patch.

I wanna put on my tin foil hat and say they're just ironing out the specifics on moving back to embers or changing up DE and that's why they haven't said anything.. but frankly at this point I'm not sure they're going to make those changes at all. Its odd because its soooooooo early into the PTR cycle to feel this way, but I'm honestly getting the impression that its not going to happen this patch.
    i'm pretty sure they have explicitly stated that there won't be class changes in 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    i'm pretty sure they have explicitly stated that there won't be class changes in 7.2
    Lore said they don't plan for core class changes due to how much change happened for classes in 7.1.5, but during 7.1.5 PTR we were told by watcher during Q&A's that we didn't get the same level of change that other classes got because they had spent time on the other classes and couldn't cover it in the remainder of 7.1.5, and that we would have the change to destro shard mechanics and demonic empowerment (as the two they specifically named) and other changes in a future PTR.

I imagined most people thought that meant the next PTR, but now it seems like they're kicking the can again. I honestly have no idea what to expect at this point because we were directly told one thing, and then lore generally said another.

I imagined most people thought that meant the next PTR, but now it seems like they're kicking the can again. I honestly have no idea what to expect at this point because we were directly told one thing, and then lore generally said another.
    I'm not going to pretend to speak for most people, but I had a front row seat when Ion talked about the new patch cadence of n.x and n.x.5. It seemed pretty clear even four months ago that those kinds of changes weren't going to be in an n.x.

If blizzard takes the same approach and rolls out 7.2 a couple of months before the raid, then we might see the destro fixes in 7.2.5 just before ToS opens up, but not before.

Quote Originally Posted by otterlysrs View Post
    I'm not going to pretend to speak for most people, but I had a front row seat when Ion talked about the new patch cadence of n.x and n.x.5. It seemed pretty clear even four months ago that those kinds of changes weren't going to be in an n.x.

If blizzard takes the same approach and rolls out 7.2 a couple of months before the raid, then we might see the destro fixes in 7.2.5 just before ToS opens up, but not before.
    I hope you're right, as before the next raid would be ideal. I just don't imagine that'll be the case unless they plan to build the tier bonuses around that now and change the class later or something?

But yeah, here's hoping you're on the money.

that's what they said yeah, 7.2 is for content, 7.2.5 is for class changes

7+ Year Old Account

It's not 3%. It's more like 20%.

Life Tap is not only an issue for destro btw.

As affliction half your mana bar is gone in 3 drain soul cycles.

The mana cost of drain soul and demonic empowerment is retarded.

Especially since affliction is so sensitive to synchronizing dot windows with reap and drain soul in a way that doesn't force you to renew a dot while reap is active and UA is ticking under drain soul.

Life Tap can go burn in hell and whatever dev thought of bringing that playstyle back should be banished to the mobile bnet app development as penance.