10+ Year Old Account
    It probably will be the last time. Hernandez was pretty nonchalant about killing a few guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like Trent Richardson was busted fro Domestic Violence charges as well.

I would say "Definitely the offseason with the current news stories we've had" but Richardson hasn't been on a team since August, so this is not so much off season as it is "life after football".

Still, can it be early March yet so we can concentrate on football transactions at least?

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Far from big news, but the Lions have supposedly cut 'safety' Dan Orlovsky, leaving long snapper Don Muhlbach as the only hold over from the 0-16 season. He may end up going too as we have 3 under contract so the last of the 0-16hicans will likely be gone 8 years after the shit show that was the 2008 Lions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Still, can it be early March yet so we can concentrate on football transactions at least?
    One can dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    Far from big news, but the Lions have supposedly cut 'safety' Dan Orlovsky, leaving long snapper Don Muhlbach as the only hold over from the 0-16 season. He may end up going too as we have 3 under contract so the last of the 0-16hicans will likely be gone 8 years after the shit show that was the 2008 Lions.
    lol "safety"

Long snappers seem to live forever on teams if they are good at what they do. Even if that's all they do. If you are switching long snappers to a younger, cheaper one, then watch out next season. At least you'll have all off season to get the snapper/holder/punter mechanics somewhat settled.

- - - Updated - - -

Cameron Wake signed a 2 year deal with the Dolphins. Can be as much as 18 million over the length of the deal. Pretty cool that he can probably retire a Dolphin now. Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

10+ Year Old Account
    Cameron Wake signed a 2 year deal with the Dolphins. Can be as much as 18 million over the length of the deal. Pretty cool that he can probably retire a Dolphin now. Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn
    Dude was a beast last season. Pretty good deal for the Dolphins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Dude was a beast last season. Pretty good deal for the Dolphins.
    Yep, if you look at what JPP, Chandler Jones and other pass rushers will command in a month then the Dolphins got great value on his average 9M a year.

He was still under contract though, they just extended him with 1 year. That's probably why he didn't have the kind of leverage that would have gotten him a bigger contract.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like Trent Richardson was busted fro Domestic Violence charges as well.

I would say "Definitely the offseason with the current news stories we've had" but Richardson hasn't been on a team since August, so this is not so much off season as it is "life after football".

When the news broke I wondered if the NFL would give him a pity suspension.

10+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to believe Trent Richardson is capable of hitting anyone.

He can't even hit an open space.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I refuse to believe Trent Richardson is capable of hitting anyone.

He can't even hit an open space.
    He was pretty good at hitting his lineman, so it is possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then. Seems like Gase is going to reunite with his favourite TE. Dolphins are working on a trade which sends OT Brandon Albert to the Jaguars for TE Julius Thomas. https://twitter.com/SSMiamiDolphins/...25184111595521

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently this deal has been pending since Friday and there's some snags still. Should be interesting, cause obviously the interest is there on both sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so now apparently the teams want both guys to sign new contracts as part of the deal. Why on earth would they do that, with Free Agency like 2 weeks away?

I think this deal is dead unless some kind of miracle happens. I don't see both guys agreeing to restructures when the free market is weak at BOTH their positions and they could cash in again if they get released.

- - - Updated - - -

And then suddenly the Dolphins seem to be trying to trade Branden Albert for a late round draft pick to the Jaguars, and not for Julius Thomas. Albert at the Jags having a look around and trying to get a new deal done that would entice him to sign with the Jags instead of waiting for free agency.

Now THIS does sound like something that might actually happen. Ball in Albert's court.

- - - Updated - - -

Julius Thomas from the Jaguars to the Dolphins for a late round 2017 pick. Apparently if the trades get done it will be 2 separate trades.

In other news, probably more interesting to college fans, Brian Daboll, Patriots TE coach and next in line for the OC job in the event McDaniels left, is going to Alabama to become the OC there. Daboll had playcalling duties and other OC duties in the last preseason game the past 2 years to prepare him in the Patriots system to handle being the OC. He had previous OC experience and now gets to do it again in college for Saban (who basically gave him his first coaching job way back when at MSU.)

That does mean though the Patriots suddenly have a small but important cog they need to replace: their TE coach and back up OC (should McDaniels leave). There's been talk that BB might look to Godfrey, the fired Texans OC that was in NE previously as TE coach. Could also definitely be in house, cause that's happened more often then not too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking up xskarma's talking to himself!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...73m/ar-AAn8Zns

should definitely help with FA moves. Should probably be rewarded with more ATVs.

I also wonder where Leary will go, cause we all know he is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post

should definitely help with FA moves. Should probably be rewarded with more ATVs.

Weak O-line class, I'm sure he'll find some team willing to overpay for a Cowboy O-lineman (even if Leary was probably your weakest link).

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, well then. Apparently the Steelers will be hoping the Vikings cut Adrian Peterson.

"If Vikings release Adrian Peterson the Franchise tag # for RB's (L. Bell) drops from 12 to 8 Million."

Source: https://twitter.com/DanHellie/status/833833963772719106

Cause 12 million for a RB, even Le'veon Bell is a bit much. But 8 million, that's very doable for a versatile weapon like Bell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post

They were over the cap unless they made those moves, so they were mandatory. Getting things in order with the league year about to start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, well then. Apparently the Steelers will be hoping the Vikings cut Adrian Peterson.

"If Vikings release Adrian Peterson the Franchise tag # for RB's (L. Bell) drops from 12 to 8 Million."

Source: https://twitter.com/DanHellie/status/833833963772719106

Cause 12 million for a RB, even Le'veon Bell is a bit much. But 8 million, that's very doable for a versatile weapon like Bell.
    Apparently this is bullshit. His tag number would be 12 million regardless. Explanation: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-is-released/

10+ Year Old Account
    Tag numbers are in a weird place, with wildly impractical numbers for certain positions regardless of league salaries. The two separate trades between Dolphins/Jaguars is odd, but whatever works.

So basically 2 players that have not been good and were going to be cut will be traded for each other to save money, but was done in 2 separate trades in case one falls apart because of failing a physical or not going through with contract restructures? Makes sense, kind of surprised it doesn't happen more. It would be fitting if both fall apart when they can actually do the trade though.

More surprised anyone would want a TE that can't block, can't stay healthy, only had 1.5 good years out of 6, and flat out did nothing but jog when he was on the field the second half of his contract year.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    More surprised anyone would want a TE that can't block, can't stay healthy, only had 1.5 good years out of 6, and flat out did nothing but jog when he was on the field the second half of his contract year.
    I think it was Bomani Jones who said that Peyton put Julius' kids through prep school with the contract he got, and considering his production since leaving the Broncos, it's appears to be a correct call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhhhhhhhh.

There is nothing to talk about for weeks. How do you guys endure the doldrums? I'm looking forward to the draft if for nothing else it is SOME football news
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://oak.247sports.com/Bolt/Vegas-...ready-51397664

Mark Davis in "actually smarter than people think he is" shocker.

The Vegas Raiders aren't dead yet.