Thread: Dawn of War 3

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

My dick is diamonds.

Were those banshees diving on IKs? It amuses me that IKs are seemingly thrown in the dozens at xenos in these videos.

Hope CSM and Tau show up in an expansion so I can maneuver Raptors and Riptides to smash all those terrible Wartrukk, Wraith and Rhino formations.

Give me my Thousand Sons or give me undeath. Dunno why, I've always liked them; though I don't expect to see them outside of a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Give me my Thousand Sons or give me undeath. Dunno why, I've always liked them; though I don't expect to see them outside of a mod.
    Thousand Sons are in from the first game, they're Blood Ravens in DoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Were those banshees diving on IKs? It amuses me that IKs are seemingly thrown in the dozens at xenos in these videos.

Hope CSM and Tau show up in an expansion so I can maneuver Raptors and Riptides to smash all those terrible Wartrukk, Wraith and Rhino formations.
    Well it's being published by Sega so i'am sure they'll copy Total War : Warhammer's model and add more races through DLCs.

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Thousand Sons are in from the first game, they're Blood Ravens in DoW.
    That rumor has been debunked when Thousand Sons' Revuel Arvida(rumored to be Azariah Vidya, chapter master of the Ravens) went on to become Janus, the first Grey Knight Grand Master.

Speaking of the Blood Raven's chapter master...

Azariah Vidya is reputed to have been a member of the Chapter during its first years. According to the legend (for actual records of this event apparently do not exist), during a disastrous campaign against a Chaotic uprising in the Gothic Sector, their Chapter Master, Master of Sanctity and most of their elite 1st Company were killed in action.

The young Chapter, now without much of their senior cadre, turned to Chief Librarian Vidya for leadership. Vidya, already said to be an expert in the ways of the Ruinous Powers, turned to both research and guile to achieve victory; researching and documenting the enemies' movements, tactics and histories for clues, as well as using his Space Marine and Imperial Guard forces to probe enemy lines, strengths and reactions.

After some months of such scrying and research, Vidya claimed he had the full knowledge to defeat those arrayed against them, launching a counterattack of surgical Astartes strikes on apparently deserted enemy positions that turned out to be hiding critical Chaos staging bases. The strikes were perfect, sweeping aside those before them, leading to the quick and bloody close of the campaign. In the aftermath, it was discovered that the whole rebellion (and therefore the associated extermination of the Blood Ravens veterans) had been organised by the Alpha Legion.
    So the Alpha Legion took out everyone capable of leading the Ravens other than the one guy who just so happened to an expert in ruinous powers? How convenient.
    "Knowledge is power, guard it well" doesn't sound like something the Thousand Sons would say. If anything, they celebrated knowledge and wanted to spread it. The Alpha Legion on the other hand...
    Last edited by Demoncrash; 2017-02-19 at 10:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only reason I'll not be getting this is that we allways get the same factions, sick and tired of Marines Orks and space elves... Should have some different fantions how about some Tau, Sisters, Necron what ever

Well, if Relic/Sega go the DLC route I hope they add more factions but also more units. Like how about bikes? How about the Ad Mech as a faction?

They will most likely add more/all races later, Dawn of war 2 was the same they later added chaos, tyranids and imperial guard. Hoping they add tau, necrons and more in this one also.

Sega have also seen how successfull total war warhammer is with the dlc and that is only a small part so far with 2 more games comming and alot more races, continents to be added and of course more lords and units etc.

Think we will see alot of added content with Dawn of War 3.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-02-19 at 04:53 PM.

Where are the Battle Sisters? I want me some canoness.

Deleted
    So did they add wall running terminators, yet?! I mean if they go with space marines doing backflips in power armor, why not wall running terminators and doing doughnuts with land raiders?! Gotta appeal to that CoD kiddy fanbase, fuck lore and physics.

Deleted
    Might as well fuck on physics just as much as the lore itself.
    That jumping hero character must've triggered you. Calm down John.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isin't Eldar get name change again and now are known as Aeldari or something?

I kinda want the game, but knowing SEGA they will probably ruin it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Isin't Eldar get name change again and now are known as Aeldari or something?

I kinda want the game, but knowing SEGA they will probably ruin it?
    Yeah they got a name change for the same reason Imperial Guard are called the Astra Militarium, GW can't trademark Eldar, so they give them another name that they can. Fans will still call them Eldar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

The more I learned about this game the less and less excited I am. It seems very bland, lacking in features, game modes, factions, units.

Can we have a different developer design Warhammer RTS games now ( besides the total war series ).

How about bringing back the old Westwood crew?
    Last edited by rosebull; 2017-03-12 at 01:59 PM.

I don't want to play any RTS game with 'heroes'. Hated that in Warcraft 3 and every single game that emphasized that gameplay mechanic since.

This is not what I want at all. Goddamnit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Welp here comes another failure. Just can't wait to read all the steam reviews once its out.