Quote Originally Posted by Tarm View Post
    The way I interpret the bonus, 15% buff would never fall off in this scenario. To fit LS SW SS during the 3 second duration of the Dreamcatcher buff, you would be casting a Starsurge just under every 3 seconds, say 2.9 seconds. So every 2.9 seconds you would get a new 3% haste buff stack with a 15 second duration which would overwrite the old 3% haste buff stack from the Starsurge you cast 2.9 * 5 = 14.5 seconds earlier which at that point would have just 0.5 seconds left in its duration.

Something sort of like this, with time going from left to right and each - representing 3 seconds of one of the 3% haste buff stacks:
    Code:
    -----
     -----
      -----
       -----
        -----
         -----
          -----
           -----
            -----
             -----
              ----
               ---
                --
                 -
    12345555555555  (current number of stacks)

Maybe that's not how it will work though. How are you interpreting it?
    The same way it works with Erratic Metronome.
    Cast spell, get 15 second buff
    Second spell finishes casting after 2 seconds, have a 13 second buff with 2 stacks
    etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Second spell finishes casting after 2 seconds, have a 13 second buff with 2 stacks
    etc.
    Ah, I see. That would make more sense. It seemed way too strong the was I was reading it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    Once we get our hands on the 4 piece set bonus does anyone know if we should be using Starsurge during AoE fights? Like during single target portions of an AoE/cleave fight should we be falling back on the regular empowerment/SS "rotation"?

If this IS the case, does it make more sense to use Starlord over Force of Nature?

This is assuming we are using an AoE spec (soul of the forest, stellar drift, shooting stars, etc.)
    Ive been running Starlord, Sotf/SS/SD for most AoE fights in M:NH (Spellblade, Tich, Botanist and so on.) - theres are significant single target periods where Starlord just helps out more to boss damage than Treants Or WoE might

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Ive been running Starlord, Sotf/SS/SD for most AoE fights in M:NH (Spellblade, Tich, Botanist and so on.) - theres are significant single target periods where Starlord just helps out more to boss damage than Treants Or WoE might
    Mythic Botanist is a typo yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Mythic Botanist is a typo yeah?
    Im on Add duty, could always swap for incarn/NB if you like.
    But basically every fight bar trilliax and krosus, especially running with OI and the ability to proc free SS
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2017-02-17 at 02:09 AM.

The hybrid spec is actually pretty strong even without OI
    Last edited by MV Kaa; 2017-02-17 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    You go SD for killing 2 adds?
    I could go nb and refresh dots while moving, or handle any extra damage that might be needed from a poor dispel, yes

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    The hybrid spec is actually pretty strong even without OI
    Which spec are you referring to?

starlord/incarn/shooting stars/(nb or sd)
    future reclears will most likely be running SL/incarn/sd for botanist anyway. these were prog and initial kills
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2017-02-18 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    starlord/incarn/shooting stars/(nb or sd)
    future reclears will most likely be running SL/incarn/sd for botanist anyway. these were prog and initial kills
    Is Incarnation in general superior then soul of the forest or is there something that pushes it ahead? Maybe only certain fights? IFE?

On logs it looks like most Druids use Soul of the Forest

Is Incarnation in general superior then soul of the forest or is there something that pushes it ahead? Maybe only certain fights? IFE?

SotF is better on fights wherte you will be spamming SF more than SS

10+ Year Old Account

Depends on the fight -- SotF is really only tailored toward fights with lots of add uptime, whereas Incarnation is better for ST portions of fights. SotF has a high prevalence in a lot of heroic fights, but a bit lower in mythic due to more almost-100%-ST fights (like Botanist), as well as tight ST DPS checks (Krosus, Star Augur).

SotF loses a bit of value if you have OI as you more often than not have a prio target - the whole idea of a 'hybrid' specc. If you didn't have a prio target, just pure cleave, you'd still likely go SotF.
    OR. If you for some reason can't be bothered respeccing and want to run the same specc for aoe and single.

I would think SotF gets better with OI because you will be SSing more.

Hey guys,

I have OI/IFE (and Ekowraith, which is irrelevant for balance), and just dropped Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish. I guess the trinket is great for M+, but on which (normal) Nighthold bosses would you use it over OI ?

Thanks in advance.

A boss with many adds which doesn't get u an extra use from the IFE? ^ Depends on fight length alot.

So... 7.2 traits... are those sticking around? Because man they're very mediocre.

Really hoping CI gets more add-friendly and W&W just fucks off because it's virtually worthless. Totally fine with more Starfall damage though, assuming ToS will be very add-heavy like NH has been.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    etc.
    Oh man I actually use this trinket but never realized it worked like that. I just thought that when it said 'does not refresh duration' it means all stacks have individual timers. So it works like gaurdians Ironfur. Ill pay better attention because I thought the trinket was just at erratic in proccing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeepsneeft View Post
    Oh man I actually use this trinket but never realized it worked like that. I just thought that when it said 'does not refresh duration' it means all stacks have individual timers. So it works like gaurdians Ironfur. Ill pay better attention because I thought the trinket was just at erratic in proccing.
    Guardian IF have individual timers. The trinket works like the Empty Drinking Horn from HFC.

Am I crazy or are boomkins not deserving of a buff to single target? We're at the bottom of the logs on so many fights, but I see barely any discussion about it.

To be clear I do alright in our raids, I'm speaking of actual logs and rankings .