Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's amusing how your second sentence completely puts the sentiment of your first one in question. "Yes-men who answer only to bean-counters". Such a ridiculous inflammatory statement, making such wild accusations with the only supporting "evidence" behind it being "they're no longer making what I like".
    I call it as I see it baby. But hey, thanks for putting something I didn't say in "quotes".

720 degrees in all directions, eh? I guess it's not a surprise if your head doesn't work properly, then, with your brain that rattled.
    I guess insults are in your self defense mechanism. I feel bad for you.

It's amusing how your second sentence completely puts the sentiment of your first one in question. "Yes-men who answer only to bean-counters". Such a ridiculous inflammatory statement, making such wild accusations with the only supporting "evidence" behind it being "they're no longer making what I like".

720 degrees in all directions, eh? I guess it's not a surprise if your head doesn't work properly, then, with your brain that rattled.
    You're dealing with the alpha nostalgiatard. Might as well shout at a brick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    snipl
    So what about WoW now doesn't have rpg elements then? Noone can ever answer this, they just always ramble on unrelated tangents

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    You're dealing with the alpha nostalgiatard. Might as well shout at a brick.
    Nah most of the 'alphas' stopped posting in the other thread before it got shut down because they couldn't stop talking about an active PS. The remaining 'alpha' they had left got himself banned again for shitposting, name calling and whatever else he was doing. If the biggest alpha diehards they have left are people like Akka and Vineri they are fucked anyways because they are too busy stirring up shit to take it serious.

- - - Updated - - -

So what about WoW now doesn't have rpg elements then? Noone can ever answer this, they just always ramble on unrelated tangents
    I am wondering this too. There are still stats to number crunch like in traditional RPGs. There is still character development and diversity with talents. They removed some stupid elements like ammunition because sorry it NEVER made sense for an archer to be able to carry around hundreds, let alone thousands of arrows in the first fucking place. When it comes to an experience where my character starts at level 1 and progresses through the game that is also the same when it comes to defeating enemies to gain power and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Nah most of the 'alphas' stopped posting in the other thread before it got shut down because they couldn't stop talking about an active PS. The remaining 'alpha' they had left got himself banned again for shitposting, name calling and whatever else he was doing. If the biggest alpha diehards they have left are people like Akka and Vineri they are fucked anyways because they are too busy stirring up shit to take it serious.
    I will politely ask you to stop. You are not constructive to this thread, nor to the OP I originally quoted. The shit-posting is coming from yourself. You are using hostility and bullying, riddled with insults to prove yourself, in an attempt to deter responses, which is not welcome on a discussion website.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I will politely ask you to stop. You are not constructive to this thread, nor to the OP I originally quoted. The shit-posting is coming from yourself. You are using hostility and bullying, riddled with insults to prove yourself, in an attempt to deter responses, which is not welcome on a discussion website.
    If you feel there is a problem with my posts then feel free to report me to moderators or put me on ignore. I will post how I wish, when I wish about whatever I wish if it is within the guidelines of the site. If I am in the wrong then it is up to the moderators to moderate the site, NOT YOU. If you do not like it that is too fucking bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I think mostly they are just enjoying the private servers again.

Anyway, regarding the RPG elements thing, when it was raised a few pages back I think I mentioned "classes felt more unique" as probably the most "stand out" RPG element that seems lacking to me. I guess the response is that is simply too minor an aspect; or that it still exists in a barebones kind of way; because afterall this is completely subjective. Having lots of fluff makes the game more immersive. More immersive is (arguably) more RPG (the RP being operative).

Having class abilities like portal for mages and summon for warlock as the only "fast travel" methods outside of engineering is more immersive than hitting "H" or "I" and queuing up.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2017-02-19 at 08:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post

Anyway, regarding the RPG elements thing, when it was raised a few pages back I think I mentioned "classes felt more unique" as probably the most "stand out" RPG element that seems lacking to me. I guess the response is that is simply too minor an aspect; or that it still exists in a barebones kind of way; because afterall this is completely subjective. Having lots of fluff makes the game more immersive. More immersive is (arguably) more RPG (the RP being operative).

Having class abilities like portal for mages and summon for warlock as the only "fast travel" methods outside of engineering is more immersive than hitting "H" or "I" and queuing up.
    Idk man, no spec really plays like another right now, compared to back in vanilla where 1/2 of the classes were 1 button or pigeonholed into healing.

And they probably just gave up trying to argue with the fanbots. I mean, we're talking about drones able to spam the same shit for the entire length of a 1800 pages thread.

I call it as I see it baby. But hey, thanks for putting something I didn't say in "quotes".
    Please, don't try to play innocent. That is exactly what you implied in your post. You wouldn't do that if you liked the direction the game is going.

I guess insults are in your self defense mechanism. I feel bad for you.
    So, are you saying that insults toward people not currently present in the conversation is alright, then? Because that's exactly what you did, with your comment toward Blizzard developers.

- - - Updated - - -

I will politely ask you to stop. You are not constructive to this thread
    You're one to talk. You have five posts in this thread. And out of those five, four are not constructive at all to this thread. Only your first post is directly related to the thread's topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    And they probably just gave up trying to argue with the fanbots.
    Funny you're calling the retail fans "bots", but leave the legacy supporters completely blame-free. As if they didn't spam the same shit for the entire length of a 1800 pages thread.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2017-02-19 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    The sense of community. And that is pretty much it.

If you wanna shitpost, let's shitpost!

No, the nostalgiadrones probably just ran out of arguments. I mean, we're talking about drones able to spam the same shit for the entire length of a 1800 pages thread.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, I didn't do this. Projecting on others is a common mistake, I know.
    I came, spend (already too much) time posting, then left when it was obvious there was no point trying to discuss things with you (there is a reason I rarely bother to answer your shit by now). Came back about 800 pages later to see how it was going, noticed you clowns were still bot-spamming, pointed it, laughed and left. Came back 500 pages later and you were STILL there. I decided that I'd come back at page 2000, blindly post a bet that you would still be there spamming, and would then check to see if it was true. Sadly, the thread was locked before

You still are more than 1500 pages ahead of me in said thread alone, don't worry, I'm in no position to ever be able to compete in shitposting with you or Kyanon.

7+ Year Old Account
    What made classic wow better than current?
    i would say the people.

Sorry to burst your bubble, I didn't do this. Projecting on others is a common mistake, I know.
    Please. Your post only speaks about the retail fans, and says nothing about the legacy supporters' "posting habits", heavily implying that only the retail fans, as you put it, "spam the same shit for the entire length of a 1800 pages thread."

Please. Your post only speaks about the retail fans, and says nothing about the legacy supporters' "posting habits", heavily implying that only the retail fans, as you put it, "spam the same shit for the entire length of a 1800 pages thread."
    Yeah he isn't capable of doing that. I can say both sides of anti-legacy and pro-legacy had way too many posts that were full of shit, wrong facts, baitposting and so on. There were some good posts mixed in there on both sides, but not many and was quickly drowned out by most of the same tripe arguing about the legality of PS, the PS itself, Blizzard's wall of no, Blizz's "changed" stance and so on. But hey I can admit both sides were full of shit often. I don't think he can.

I wasn't talking about all retail fans (plenty of retail fans simply are guys with their own preferences, good for them that WoW today scratch that itch), I was specifically talking about you and Kyanon. And yes, you and him were spamming the entire length of the 1800 pages (and of all other threads which have this subject), repeating endlessly the same shit, even when it had been disproved ten times, simply ignoring everything and just cycling forever into the same crap. There is a reason why you look like bots.

In fact I'm again wasting time with you, so I'm going to stop there. Do what you always do and drone away.

Idk man, no spec really plays like another right now, compared to back in vanilla where 1/2 of the classes were 1 button or pigeonholed into healing.
    You say "plays like" as though performance or gameplay during raids is the one and only thing, not only that mattered, but that existed. Its 2 different aspects of the game; and there isn't a great argument as to why we can't have both other than Blizzard in their wisdom decided to prune a lot of the "fluff".

If hunters and warlocks played exactly the same in group content only the animations and effects were different (3 second aimed shot instead of shadowbolt, serpent sting debuff instead of corruption, pet applying steady AA dmg); but outside of the "DPS" role warlocks are all about consuming souls, summoning and all other manner of fel arts; and hunters were all about camouflage, stalking and tracking, taming wild animals and other survival arts the two classes would be much more distinct; despite being mechanically identical when in a DPS role. (Note: I'm not trying to suggest that hunters and warlocks ever played mechanically the same, just trying to illustrate my point; although I understand there were periods where "top DPS" from either class was a 1 button spam situation; whether that's actually true or gross simplification I don't know. At least in TBC warlocks had to sacrifice their pet before spamming shadowbolt for 5 minutes :P). Furthermore from a "mechanical skill" perspective, denying certain abilities to certain classes also gave them more individuality, but the LFG shitstorm at the start of Cataclysm meaning "all tanks must have an off the GCD interrupt ability because damn you can't rely on having a dps who can interrupt in your group or if you do that they wont be slack-jaw retarded" was the final straw on that one :P Not having an interrupt as a Paladin tank was a setback that could have been countered in other ways; especially ones that wouldn't have instant ramifications in the competitive PVP scene too :P

So we could still have the (how many we up to now, 35?) different specs playing mechanically differently and at the same time maintain their identity but Blizzard wanted to prune shit like Eyes of the Beast etc. because "Its too complicated" or w/e their actual reasoning was. Which is a shame

Sorry this turned into a bit of a ramble :P
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2017-02-19 at 01:15 PM.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

You say "plays like" as though performance or gameplay during raids is the one and only thing, not only that mattered, but that existed. Its 2 different aspects of the game; and there isn't a great argument as to why we can't have both other than Blizzard in their wisdom decided to prune a lot of the "fluff".

If hunters and warlocks played exactly the same in group content only the animations and effects were different (3 second aimed shot instead of shadowbolt, serpent sting debuff instead of corruption, pet applying steady AA dmg); but outside of the "DPS" role warlocks are all about consuming souls, summoning and all other manner of fel arts; and hunters were all about camouflage, stalking and tracking, taming wild animals and other survival arts the two classes would be much more distinct; despite being mechanically identical when in a DPS role. (Note: I'm not trying to suggest that hunters and warlocks ever played mechanically the same, although I understand there were periods where "top DPS" from either class was a 1 button spam situation; whether that's actually true or gross simplification I don't know. At least in TBC warlocks had to sacrifice their pet before spamming shadowbolt for 5 minutes :P)

So we could still have the (how many we up to now, 35?) different specs playing mechanically differently and at the same time maintain their identity but Blizzard wanted to prune shit like Eyes of the Beast etc. because "Its too complicated" or w/e their actual reasoning was. Which is a shame
    Might happen that they pruned to introduce a ton of new skills in the next expac. Wouldn't shock me one bit. Class flavor has been one of the biggest complain when talking about Legion. And for the best of the worst, Blizzard tends to do what fans want. Well, they usually do it their own way, but they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Might happen that they pruned to introduce a ton of new skills in the next expac. Wouldn't shock me one bit. Class flavor has been one of the biggest complain when talking about Legion. And for the best of the worst, Blizzard tends to do what fans want. Well, they usually do it their own way, but they do it.
    I can't be arsed to source the blue quotes at the time the decisions were being made but wasn't the underlying arguement that "too many abilities is 'bloat'". I wonder how they would reconcile with that if their intention is to rerelease all the abilities back to the classes again :P

I mean; isn't it something so detached from Warcraft that Paladins don't have bubble or something equally iconic anymore. I swear I read about one class change that was completely "But that ability defines that class!" like polymorph for mages :P

I wasn't talking about all retail fans (plenty of retail fans simply are guys with their own preferences, good for them that WoW today scratch that itch), I was specifically talking about you and Kyanon. And yes, you and him were spamming the entire length of the 1800 pages (and of all other threads which have this subject), repeating endlessly the same shit, even when it had been disproved ten times, simply ignoring everything and just cycling forever into the same crap. There is a reason why you look like bots.

In fact I'm again wasting time with you, so I'm going to stop there. Do what you always do and drone away.
    Lol about what I expected. If you look at the post above yours you see that I can admit both sides have been wrong about many things and droned on endlessly. Yet when given a chance to admit both sides are wrong about things do you take it? Of fucking course you don't. Nope instead we're spammers that have had our stuff endlessly disproven...lol wut? Just because you say "I disprove X" does not mean it actually happened. Is that how you win debates or arguments? Just claim they are a bot and magically handwave it all away? You act if you haven't endlessly repeated the same shit. Get real man.

And by the way, just thought you'd find this amusing. You have 122 posts in THIS thread and you had 240 in the other thread. Don't act like you only say a few things every once in a while. You repeated a lot of endless shit on your own too.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2017-02-19 at 01:28 PM.

I can't be arsed to source the blue quotes at the time the decisions were being made but wasn't the underlying arguement that "too many abilities is 'bloat'". I wonder how they would reconcile with that if their intention is to rerelease all the abilities back to the classes again :P

I mean; isn't it something so detached from Warcraft that Paladins don't have bubble or something equally iconic anymore. I swear I read about one class change that was completely "But that ability defines that class!" like polymorph for mages :P
    Oh certainly, but it wouldn't be the first time they backtrack on something. To be fair, some classes definitely had way too many spells. But I agree that they did a very poor job at identifying which spells were "flavor" and which were "bloat".