Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmagoo View Post
    While it makes for some laughs I think LFR is still too hard for the intended audience. The queue times are still far from what I would consider casual friendly and there is a strong relation between difficulty and DPS queue times. I should not be seeing queue times on par or longer than that of Cata heroics which were so heavily complained about.
    I think its a sense of self-respect from Blizzard side about the "difficulty".

They are probably thinking in between "Yeah they will just call this stupidly easy" and "I cant butcher the fight more, its already easy!".

In other words, they cant simply put the boss without mechanics in the middle of the room for people to loot, and they dont wanna ruin the "immersion" of how the fight is too much.

And then there is Star Augur, which you can ignore literally every ability cause it cant really kill you but at the same time its obviously not tuned for "LFR raiders" since it literally requires at least 5 people pulling 500K DPS while the other DPS are barely doing 250K , and thats a good group

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Most, if not all, LFR bosses can be done with 1/2 or 1/4 of the raid. This is something unique for LFR and kind of ruins much of the challenge....except for no-nerf star augur, which required several heroic geared players among the LFR crowd with sub 200k dps to kill him before his enrage.
    Yep. I think they tuned star augur for how much damage people in lfr gear should be doing rather than what people in lfr gear are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    Yep. I think they tuned star augur for how much damage people in lfr gear should be doing rather than what people in lfr gear are doing.
    Pretty much they did that, but they did it too tightly so we get Star Augur.

The average 850-860 ilvl with like 30 traits does around 300-350K DPS, so they tuned it around that, 18 DPS doing 250-300K, when it should have been tuned, 18 DPS doing 200K

They either know people are gonna get carried, or they fucked up.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it is pretty cool to have some bosses like that once in while I know that you can't just make all LFR bosses hard and expect people to push through them all, but having 1 or 2 challenges in an LFR tier feels good, both as a bad gearing character and a good geared character
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

And you've done neither.
    Funny you say that when u can clearly look and see I have cleared the raid fully. Also when my sub laps at the end of next month I will be quiting until ether A) More content hits or B) Token price is cheaper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Your LFR white knighting gets really boring
    Applying Fact and Logic isn't white knighting. We get it you hate LFR, Just remember its ur endgames bread and butter.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The rabid lfr defense force has been summoned, brace yourselves.
    Lol, people in LFR do the absolute minimum, if anything at all. LFR is prob back to vanilla "raid" comps, with 1/4 of the raid doing the work and the other 75-60% along for the ride, barely doing anything.
    That's why lfr gets gated. It's content for lazy underachievers. If you wanted to see the raid, you'd make a raid; if it were so outrageous that you would have to wait months for releases, you wouldve quit.

And you've done neither.
    How do you actually measure laziness?

I'm actually not completely disagreeing with you. I think LFR is probably a LOT more easy than it needs to be. But really...we're talking about 865 drops(if you're lucky) once a week in an environment where players can spam M+ for the same virtually without limit. And legendary drops are 910 that can drop at any time for any reason.

And despite how easy the acquisition of gear and overall character strength is in Legion, it simply isn't a guarantee of completing more difficult content. How much of the playerbase are currently clearing Mythic raids? Do you really think that number would increase significantly because LFR was released at the same time as other difficulties?

Blizzard would prefer people to do organized raids. This does not include LFR. Gating exists to try to get people to try normal raiding. For the record gating on real raids is having an IQ that is positive and a pulse.

LFR can be barely classified as content. Sure you see the bosses but a quick google/youtube search would garner the same amount of entertainment. Every LFR raid is 4-5 people who have a pulse doing 70% of the work, 4-5 on alts who have a pulse but its an alt so they are doing 29% of the work. The remaining lifelong LFR people are doing what is barely qualified as anything. Dieing to the one mechanic they leave in heavily nerfed, not swapping to an add, doing dps that a mentally challenged ape could do using its dick to play. LFR could easily be replaced with a link to a youtube video of the fight and a token for a gear slot machine. In fact I would much prefer that so they don't have to spend whatever time it takes nerfing down from normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Funny you say that when u can clearly look and see I have cleared the raid fully. Also when my sub laps at the end of next month I will be quiting until ether A) More content hits or B) Token price is cheaper.

- - - Updated - - -

Applying Fact and Logic isn't white knighting. We get it you hate LFR, Just remember its ur endgames bread and butter.
    K when it happens I'll believe it, until then you're just a lot of talk and awful whine threads.
    Granted your addiction would keep you away for max 1 month but we'll see.

K when it happens I'll believe it, until then you're just a lot of talk and awful whine threads.
    Granted your addiction would keep you away for max 1 month but we'll see.
    I see an interesting lack of arguments on your end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Who said i hate LFR?

I love LFR, i am just applying logic to everything, and facts which you arent.

I raid casually on my main, from 4 to 6 hours a week max, and might pug afterwards for a couple of hours when i get really bored to do anything else in the game or finished with IRL stuff and then i use LFR to gear my alts and see how their playstyle is with trinkets/4 set, but i dont see it as "raiding", been like this since Cataclysm.

But it doesnt mean i dont know the reality, and i always try my best with my alts, i enjoy playing properly, my Sim tells me i should do around 400K at a perfect situation single target on my alt Shadow Priest, i tend to do 320-350K, i am happy, and its more than enough for NH LFR which is what the priest was made for, casual fun on a different class than my main.

But i also know, Star Augur would never die with the other 10 scrubs like my character that are pulling 150K, if it wasnt for the 5 mains doing their boosting bad luck run.

Difference is, i TRY to play, cause i enjoy it and i am there to play something different than my Warrior, but the fire mage with the <AFK> tag right next to me, is the reason there is LFR hate, along with the dead hunter at the corner which at the peak of his DPS did 190K.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-02-19 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I see an interesting lack of arguments on your end.
    same
    /10char

How about they remove the gate and make it so if you do LFR you cannot get loot from normal heroic or mythic raids of the same type that way the LFR heroes are happy and actual raiders do not have to worry about it.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

same
    /10char
    Plenty already above your post. I saw little answers to those arguments. I could quote SirCowdog and say that I agree with that reasoning and train of thought; but I found that to be wasteful.

I would rather instead point 'n laugh at your ad hominem, going after someone's possible raiding and overall playtime achievements, instead of engaging the actual points.

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    How about they remove the gate and make it so if you do LFR you cannot get loot from normal heroic or mythic raids of the same type that way the LFR heroes are happy and actual raiders do not have to worry about it.
    no?
    The lockout system is fine. If you want to see more/get more gear, step up your game.
    Besides, without incentive to do LFR, how are you going toget people to kill lfr bosses for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Plenty already above your post. I saw little answers to those arguments. I could quote SirCowdog and say that I agree with that reasoning and train of thought; but I found that to be wasteful.

I would rather instead point 'n laugh at your ad hominem, going after someone's possible raiding and overall playtime achievements, instead of engaging the actual points.
    I don't have to repeat myself or other people, this topic is hardly new and this is on the 31st page.

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    The only thing they have to do, and was suggested since forever is "Activity" the same way WarcraftLogs does it, its easy to track, its easy to see.

Do not reward anyone with less than 90% activity in the fight (DPS/Tank wise), do not give loot, do not credit the kill, dont do anything, make them rerun it.

Its really hard not to get 90% activity in a fight as a DPS/Tank, healers are a different matter cause there is barely anything to heal in LFR, but i am sure Blizzard can work something out for them too.

But of course they wont do it, cause its counter-productive.

What company would agree that their player base is mostly mouthbreathers that cant press a button, on each GCD for 120-240 seconds.

no?
    The lockout system is fine. If you want to see more/get more gear, step up your game.
    Besides, without incentive to do LFR, how are you going toget people to kill lfr bosses for you?
    Why would LFR people need other people to kill bosses for them? Do you believe Normal mode raiders need Heroic and Mythic players to come and help their raids?

Either they step up to the plate, on their preferred difficulty mode, or they don't engage in it. Simple.

Keeping things as they are is only enabling self-named "hardcore" raiders to bring their mains and alts, half ass their way to LFR, hoping for whatever they can scrap out of it's available rewards, while smudging the preferred mode of some players.

IMO this would be the best way to release LFR:

Week 1: Normal/Heroic only (as is).
    Week 2: Mythic/LFR Wing 1
    Week 3: LFR Wing 2
    Week 4: LFR Wing 3
    Week 5: LFR Final Boss

LFR is also a good way to pick up powerful new trinkets/tier pieces from the newest raid without having to deal with your guild's loot style, or if you're just generally unlucky during guild raids. Having all of LFR release immediately on week 2 would mean having to clear LFR completely every week since then, and that's not exactly ideal to be forcing even Mythic raiders to do it (and yes, everyone does it to maximize tier and trinket chances if they get unlucky).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    IMO this would be the best way to release LFR:

Week 1: Normal/Heroic only (as is).
    Week 2: Mythic/LFR Wing 1
    Week 3: LFR Wing 2
    Week 4: LFR Wing 3
    Week 5: LFR Final Boss
    My issue with that is how Player-Unfriendly it is. New content will be hyped targeting Week 1, random joe - which constitutes the bulk of the casual population - subscribes for it, but, in order to play the full raid experience (assuming from the get-go he is a solo type of player, focusing only on LFR), will have to dish an additional month in order to get it.

This, of course, is mostly why things are still the way it is on Live. It isn't because it's fair, or because some other special reason. It's because it's the best scenario, monetarily, for blizzard.

Locking player's loot according to the difficulty they tackle in a specific week, while I found it to be a good way of making it able to get raiding to be released all at once, it might be way too much of a radical action, as the interaction between players from different walks of difficulties would decrease significantly.

A good compromise, in my opinion, is to keep it in the same month as the release.

Why would LFR people need other people to kill bosses for them? Do you believe Normal mode raiders need Heroic and Mythic players to come and help their raids?

Either they step up to the plate, on their preferred difficulty mode, or they don't engage in it. Simple.

Keeping things as they are is only enabling self-named "hardcore" raiders to bring their mains and alts, half ass their way to LFR, hoping for whatever they can scrap out of it's available rewards, while smudging the preferred mode of some players.
    Have you done Star Augur on LFR yet?
    Normal and Heroic raiders don't need help, because they, generally, care/try.
    LFR isn't designed for "progression" or "learning" since people leave after 1-2 wipes.
    The self-named "hardcores" are the ones that pull the LFR groups up from the depths of their piss poor performance more times than not.

And nothing i said here hasn't been said several times before in this thread.

Have you done Star Augur on LFR yet?
    Normal and Heroic raiders don't need help, because they, generally, care/try.
    LFR isn't designed for "progression" or "learning" since people leave after 1-2 wipes.
    The self-named "hardcores" are the ones that pull the LFR groups up from the depths of their piss poor performance more times than not.

And nothing i said here hasn't been said several times before in this thread.
    Then, just like a player who isn't ready to tackle mythic stays out of Mythic, so should players who can't\are unwilling to tackle the little difficulty that LFR has.