Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've found all the raid content to be pretty easy this expac on Normal.

TBH I'm not sure it's a bad thing, heroic is tuned pretty well for organized groups and normal serves as a more legit PuG experience than LFR.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    Hmm? Chronomatic anomaly flatout murders your raid if you fuck up the interrupt. He's quite a bit tighter tuned on dps than heroic gul'dan as well. I'll give you skorpyron and trilliax being easier though, but that's often been the case.
    Fuck up the interrupt? How hard is it to press an extra action button. Sure the dps harder, but it's literally don't get hit by shit, but if you do it's okay, it really doesn't hurt much, run out with time bomb, but you don't really have to go far, and if you forget it's okay too because it doesn't hurt that much.

Chrono is a joke, and the interrupts are like the easiest part. Dps requirements, especially one as small as that don't really compare to a high mechanical fight.

If I were you id ditch normal and only do heroic. I also dont care for higher difficulty and just want to see the content but at a slow somewhat challenging pace. Im 7/10 heroic right now will prob get to guldan in a month

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    Yes I know Im way behind others doing mythic Nighthold and what not, but for me killing Gul'dan (normal) and getting my Nighthold tiger mount was pretty much end-game. I have little interest in harder modes. I was just so surprised how easy it was.

I am kinda underwhelmed, in past expansions I wouldn't kill the last boss for literally months. And on my first try tonight it is all done and dusted.

Thats it? Im just wondering what motivates you pro guys to play more past this point? Cheers.
    That's because Normal is so stupidly easy while Mythic is so impossibly difficult. It's why my guild only does N/H so we also don't have to break a blood vessel every night from prior Mythic raiding experience for us.

I consider the tier over once I have my AOTC. 8/10H, so it's not done for me yet. Normal's like playing a video game on "Very Easy", which I don't really consider the game done if that's the best I can do.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Fuck up the interrupt? How hard is it to press an extra action button. Sure the dps harder, but it's literally don't get hit by shit, but if you do it's okay, it really doesn't hurt much, run out with time bomb, but you don't really have to go far, and if you forget it's okay too because it doesn't hurt that much.

Chrono is a joke, and the interrupts are like the easiest part. Dps requirements, especially one as small as that don't really compare to a high mechanical fight.
    The dps requirements are higher on chrono than on gul'dan. With that out of the way, the mechanics on gul'dan are pretty much the same. I'd even say they're less punishing to fail on HC Gul'dan than on chronomatic anomaly. Stand too close to hellfire without shield? Still don't die. Lots of ways to solo-soak bonds. Killing eyes? Not super hard. The only really punishing mechanic on gul'dan is the fire debuff in p3 and that one is handled by running out, just like arcane bomb and isn't exactly difficult to deal with.

The difficulty of the action button comes from the fact that you have to cover quite a bit of distance with it, while making sure one large add is supressed, while it does damage and arcane bombs are going off which means if you don't reach your target before the 2nd PO goes off, people will die. There's also a lot more interrupts to juggle on chrono than on gul'dan.

If you've raided in past expansions Heroic is probably closer to what you'd expect from a "Normal" raid.

"OMG NORMAL IS TOO EASY"
    "OMG I DONT WANT TO DO HARDER MODES"

i mean... really?

you cant have it both ways

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    The dps requirements are higher on chrono than on gul'dan. With that out of the way, the mechanics on gul'dan are pretty much the same. I'd even say they're less punishing to fail on HC Gul'dan than on chronomatic anomaly. Stand too close to hellfire without shield? Still don't die. Lots of ways to solo-soak bonds. Killing eyes? Not super hard. The only really punishing mechanic on gul'dan is the fire debuff in p3 and that one is handled by running out, just like arcane bomb and isn't exactly difficult to deal with.

The difficulty of the action button comes from the fact that you have to cover quite a bit of distance with it, while making sure one large add is supressed, while it does damage and arcane bombs are going off which means if you don't reach your target before the 2nd PO goes off, people will die. There's also a lot more interrupts to juggle on chrono than on gul'dan.
    I feel like it's more likely that your Chrono strat is bad, because Chrono is a joke mechanically. You don't have to do any mechanics aside from the interrupt. Which is a joke. I'm sorry but picking up an orb, using a speed boost and going to the boss? Don't try to BS like that's not a brain dead mechanic.

There is really no reason to do the hard difficulty.

The TRUE difficulty is based on your gear.
    The gear is based on how lucky the drop is.

I don't see the point to farm gear.

Just make raids 40 man again then even the easiest boss can be a clusterfuck but at least it will be epic :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

Ye lets pretend those extra boss mechanics, extra phases and tighter tuning don't exist in the higher difficulties. Then sure you have a valid point in pretend world.

Gul'dan was easy because, when taken as a whole, Nighthold is a joke. I'm currently 10/10n and 3/10h, and I STILL don't even know what people mean when they say, "Pick up the cakes on Trilliax".

Quote Originally Posted by Sail into the wind View Post
    Gul'dan was easy because, when taken as a whole, Nighthold is a joke. I'm currently 10/10n and 3/10h, and I STILL don't even know what people mean when they say, "Pick up the cakes on Trilliax".
    You are confusing easy with being carried.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

normal and heroic are tuned very leniently with fewer mechanics. You can do all the normla or heroic bosses while being very undergeared for it but you won't be able to say the same for many mythic bosses.

People are forgetting that current heroic is the old normal and normal was the old LFR.
    Last edited by iky43210; 2017-02-19 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sail into the wind View Post
    Aluriel is gonna be one hell of a wake up call for you...

Deleted
    If you compare wow raid diffculties to other games it will be like:
    lfr- very easy
    normal- easy
    heroic- normal
    mythic- hard

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    Yes I know Im way behind others doing mythic Nighthold and what not, but for me killing Gul'dan (normal) and getting my Nighthold tiger mount was pretty much end-game. I have little interest in harder modes. I was just so surprised how easy it was.

I am kinda underwhelmed, in past expansions I wouldn't kill the last boss for literally months. And on my first try tonight it is all done and dusted.

Thats it? Im just wondering what motivates you pro guys to play more past this point? Cheers.
    The only actual raid that should exist is Mythic.

The rest raids exist so people have something to do.

LFR is there for the afking leechers,

Normal is there for the average i cant play much undergeared forever players, removed mechanics and so on.

HC is there literally as "This is the raid itself"

And Mythic is there cause HC is too easy for the better players, so extra abilities, more requirements, bash your skull and kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you said it yourself. You are happy with normal NH, when I used to play I wanted to progress and that is why I pushed Mythic and HC before Mythic was introduced.
    I was not in the best guild, but we managed to get cutting edge. Then after we had that, the next raid were going to be released within 1-2 months and that is not that long of a waiting time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    The only actual raid that should exist is Mythic.

The rest raids exist so people have something to do.

LFR is there for the afking leechers,

Normal is there for the average i cant play much undergeared forever players, removed mechanics and so on.

HC is there literally as "This is the raid itself"

And Mythic is there cause HC is too easy for the better players, so extra abilities, more requirements, bash your skull and kill them.
    Well both HC and mythic should be the only raids that exist. Remember that mythic that it is now so called used just to be special mechanincs you had to activate during a boss fight. Like Mimiron and his red button, or Yoggy without any help. That's how it all began, sure it was only for 1 raid and then they introduced multiple difculties.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    Just make raids 40 man again then even the easiest boss can be a clusterfuck but at least it will be epic :P
    You are confusing epic with tedious and dreadfully boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Aluriel is gonna be one hell of a wake up call for you...
    Just downed Heroic Aluriel. The iceskating was the most fun part, and of course I also had to break out many cubed noobs, but I've been doing that shit since ICC Sindragosa so it was nothing that I couldn't do while browsing Spider gifs on my second monitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    People are complaining that 20 man for mythic is to many people to find, 20 skilled people that is so 40 would never work. Sure it would be a cluster but damn back in MC days you could have 20725 people semi afk and have 15 doing all the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkhor View Post
    Normal mode is just underwhelming, that's why I don't really do it outside of the first week or on alts. What motivates me to play further is to push to kill challenging content.
    I find most of heroic mode to not be very challenging. I mean, I accidentally joined a heroic Elisande group and killed her while just joining normals to bonus roll Convergence. I didn't realize it was heroic until Time Layer 3.

However, I haven't killed Krosus on heroic in a PUG because no one knows mechanics for some reason.