Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Then, just like a player who isn't ready to tackle mythic stays out of Mythic, so should players who can't\are unwilling to tackle the little difficulty that LFR has.
    Yes but we both know that the scenario you've described will never occur. People hit 110, scrape up whatever gear they can get and immediately queue LFR. Without even knowing how to play their class 9/10 times

Made https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=1#post-18

Will report troll posts, Both there and here.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    Yes but we both know that the scenario you've described will never occur. People hit 110, scrape up whatever gear they can get and immediately queue LFR. Without even knowing how to play their class 9/10 times
    And, just like they would fail and be replaced in any other mode, they should be so here.

You can't complain at how bad and stupid a mode is, but keep enabling the behavior, that keeps it that way, to flourish.

-

In the end, my main gripe is indeed how it's being kept alive for the reason of having people deliberately making it more toxic than it needs to be AND how Blizzard uses it's locking mechanism to squeeze as much money as possible from the casual, unaware players (and, subsequently, those that have LFR as their preferred end-game activity, for whatever reason it might be).

Quote Originally Posted by 207517000686
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/7638847/latest/
    You are literally bottom 10%/10th Percentile when you have BiS legendary and 2 set. literally 90% of rets are better than you.
    best comment on that thread. Your 11 downvotes and reported thread shows how much people care.

best comment on that thread. Your 11 downvotes and reported thread shows how much people care.
    Just goes to show how toxic the community is.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just goes to show how toxic the community is.
    is it "toxic" to tell someone that doesn't know what they are talking about, that they don't know what they are talking about?

is it "toxic" to tell someone that doesn't know what they are talking about, that they don't know what they are talking about?
    Nope but that isn't what that post was doing...

Also it does depend how you go about doing it.

Why would someone handhold a belligerent knownothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    My issue with that is how Player-Unfriendly it is.
    Except if you force Normal-Mythic raiders into doing all of LFR on Tuesday Week 2, that's very raider-unfriendly, so... yeah.

LFR is 100% an afterthought that even Blizzard agreed was a mistake that they wish they could undo (but they can't at this point). It's pretty much the last thing they do before a raid is released is cut ~50-80% of damage from Normal and cut out another mechanic or two that can actually cause challenge.

I guess I should just add this: If you only raid LFR and nothing else, Blizzard doesn't really care about you because the game isn't really built around you. Sure you can do it, but Blizzard likes people who stick around rather than do LFR, "see the content", then bail. You can be a non-raider, that's fine, but I'm referring to people who literally resub just to do the LFR wings then leave.

Why would someone handhold a belligerent knownothing?
    That awkward moment when OP dies to falling bridges and comments like this kind of hold more water...
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-02-19 at 06:27 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Don't know why you're debating this so hard. Blizzard already has been open about their stance on things like this, they create the game the way they want it to be, if they lose subs they'll look back over it, but if people are leaving because blizzard won't make a change they disagree with, they will not change their minds.

They said they'd rather 100 players, and the game be designed the way they love, than to have millions and have it be a game they don't believe in anymore.

Give it up dude, you're just whining and it's not going anywhere.

At the very very best, it should be 1 wing a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    They said they'd rather 100 players, and the game be designed the way they love, than to have millions and have it be a game they don't believe in anymore.
    Of which, they admitted LFR was a mistake, so props to proving that point even further *clap clap*.

Again, they're never going to make LFR open immediately because of players that actually use the gear. It's not fair to force people who really don't want to do LFR to do it because it's an extra chance at tier/trinkets. Plus, it's a win-win for Blizzard to keep "LFR Raiders" subbed for at least 2 months per LFR cycle. That's just free money in their pockets.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    LFR is 100% an afterthought that even Blizzard agreed was a mistake that they wish they could undo (but they can't at this point).
    No one guy who use to work for blizzard made that comment, Not all of blizzard did.

It's simply to spread out the content, as casuals dont progress through LFR the same rate guilds do on any other difficulty. By having it every other week, people won't be asking "WHERES THE NEW CONTENT BLIZZARD?!" within a few weeks, instead it's spread across 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    At the very very best, it should be 1 wing a week.
    To be honest I would be fine with this.

Week 1: NM/Heroic+ LFR Wing 1.
    Week 2: Mythic + LFR Wing 2.

and so on.

and so on.
    Nope, 2 weeks between wings is fine, if not too long. 2-3 weeks is nice, you would take that long to progress in a raid with the kind of 10th percentile damage you're putting out. Thx for sending me that link to wow forums tho it's 100% gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastyame View Post
    It's simply to spread out the content, as casuals dont progress through LFR the same rate guilds do on any other difficulty. By having it every other week, people won't be asking "WHERES THE NEW CONTENT BLIZZARD?!" within a few weeks, instead it's spread across 2 months.
    Plus 7.2 is on the horizon. By the time Gul'dan is out on LFR (March 7th), 7.2 PTR will be getting closer and closer to completion. Hell, I won't be surprised if 7.2 comes out around April or May since ToS will probably be delayed ~2 months or so after 7.2's release. This method of staggered content is great and keeps people playing more.

I mean, if they didn't stagger LFR at all, players like you (OP) would probably have quit once you saw Gul'dan, no?

and so on.
    They will never release LFR on the first week, ever. That extra 1-2 (with coin) chances at Trinkets/Tier is way too powerful and too much gear for higher raiders to obtain so quickly.

Nobody would complete LFR if it weren't for all the incredibly overgeared people carrying their sorry asses.

and so on.
    Hold up, lol. NM/Heroic coming out at the same time as the first wing of lfr? No way. That's a joke, first wing with mythic. You don't let the players who are too bad/lazy to do normal see the content before the players willing to put effort in. That's just stupid. First week starting when mythic comes out. Don't get greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I mean, if they didn't stagger LFR at all, players like you (OP) would probably have quit once you saw Gul'dan, no?
    Me Personally? No. You can even check my character (My Paladin) and see I have cleared LFR well pass its full release many times.

Quote Originally Posted by tiptopmemer View Post
    Nobody would complete LFR if it weren't for all the incredibly overgeared people carrying their sorry asses.
    This too. Most "LFR Raiders" tend to leave after a single wipe because "they don't have the time to commit".

Me Personally? No. You can even check my character (My Paladin) and see I have cleared LFR well pass its full release many times.
    Liar. NH LFR isn't fully out yet

I'm not necessarily saying YOU, but players like you (AKA: "LFR Raiders" like you put in the official thread).