Page 33 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    And now you're helping us by being a prime example why hating flight for the sake of hating is a bad thing. The more you say, the more you hurt the message you represent. Thanks
    Whatever you want to tell yourself.

Des have been saying since cataclysm that flying should have never been implemented. It has ruined many aspects of the game and has become highly controversial. Their compromise to skipping the entire game is to gate it. Has nothing to do with subs or elitist or anything. Deal with it or don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    Let me get this right. Are you seriously implying that the reason people like vanilla, is because there isn't flying? (btw I love vanilla too but flying is not related to the reasons at all)
    I seriously doubt "everyone" wants vanilla tho.

Don't think flying was the reason people disliked Cata either, I hardly remember anyone complaining on that. it was mostly that instances was too hard or that new zones scattered among the old zones didn't feel like a new expansion(new continent)
    no but you made wod seem lik it was only shitty because it had no flying

"wow has been a huge disaster since they removed flying"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by kaganpwnz View Post
    Des have been saying since cataclysm that flying should have never been implemented. It has ruined many aspects of the game and has become highly controversial. Their compromise to skipping the entire game is to gate it. Has nothing to do with subs or elitist or anything. Deal with it or don't.
    One of the main points that we keep bringing up about flying is that if gating is how they want to control the rate of consumption of the content, there are better ways to do so than to perform this kind of blanket change to fundamental aspects of the open world. Especially when the thing being removed or restricted isn't the primary factor on the rate of content consumption.

And flying did not ruin "many aspects of the open world" until Blizzard decided to go with a sub-standard open world design. Flying didn't ruin TBC-Cata. It arguably made WoD better, and will likely improve Legion as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no but you made wod seem lik it was only shitty because it had no flying

"wow has been a huge disaster since they removed flying"
    WoD was definitely shitty, and the lack of flight WAS part of that shittiness. But you're also right that it wasn't the ONLY reason WoD was bad.

But I think there's some weird kind of reverse correlation going on with Legion. Legion is clearly and obviously a better product than WoD, but people seem to be associating that with the lack of flight as well. Or at least it seems so, judging by how many people so vehemently scream that flying will "ruin" it.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-02-18 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    It's really not. There's still spots I'm not familiar with. And people wouldn't apparently be having so much trouble getting around if they know the world so well.
    We know the world too well. So much so we can't be arsed running over the same ground for the umpteenth. It is a staggeringly simple concept really.

I'm sorry you feel this way but..... your post suits your profile pic and name, one word to describe, ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by kaganpwnz View Post
    *Some* devs have been saying that. Other devs have been disagreeing with them.

And players predominantly like flying. Proof: before Blizzard started messing with flying there were sometimes polls like "should flying be removed?" and the answer was always a resounding "wtf, are you nuts? leave flying alone, it is a good feature, I like it".

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, this:

* The Sentinel's Eternal Refuge - Each time you kill an enemy, you gain 5% movement speed for 5 min, stacking up to 5 times. At 5 stacks, while you are out of combat you turn into a Wisp, increasing your movement speed further and granting you the ability to fly.

* Vigilance Perch - Each time you kill an enemy, you gain 5% movement speed for 5 min, stacking up to 5 times. At 5 stacks, while you are out of combat you turn into a Spirit Owl, increasing your movement speed further and granting you the ability to fly.
    ...is good. As in, I like the idea. Although it comes way too late and if the price for having such effects is that they are rare (only on a legendary), then no, thanks.

(LOL, I would love to hear no-flyers explain how this is not "trivializing" or "skipping" content or whatever the buzzword used to justify no flying in their heads is. Wouldn't be the first time though, they are constantly facing things like this that ruin their whole supposed logic and it doesn't matter to them.)
    Last edited by rda; 2017-02-19 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    (LOL, I would love to hear no-flyers explain how this is not "trivializing" or "skipping" content or whatever the buzzword used to justify no flying in their heads is. Wouldn't be the first time though, they are constantly facing things like this that ruin their whole supposed logic and it doesn't matter to them.)
    I suspect it will come along with a large dose of "Killing monsters means you're engaging with the content", or something equally inane.

personally i love flying and and i think it allows me to explore the areas more fully without being yanked off my mounts. as always blizz will have no flying zones, i am sure the city of suramar will be one. i have no idea what flying has to do skill or speeding up the game. What we older players were talking about was the speed of leveling toons, slower leveling after level 60 when you have more of your talents and skills gives you time to get into dungeons more than once and learn to use those talents. (example silences and stuns). Plus most of you elitist raiders quit playing once done raiding i stay and level toons and mess around, with old quests and such why shouldn't i enjoy flying, i pay for my game too.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I suspect it will come along with a large dose of "Killing monsters means you're engaging with the content", or something equally inane.
    Every word you say is inane. Fliers have lost this argument. Deal with it. Your personal opinion that you should be able to fly wherever you want is not what drives game design. End of story.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2017-02-19 at 09:39 PM.

I honestly don't know what's the big deal. That whistle is the greatest thing they invented after the lfg and removing the retarded dot cap on bosses back in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Every word you say is inane. Fliers have lost this argument. Deal with it. Your personal opinion that you should be able to fly wherever you want is not what drives game design. End of story.
    I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I rest my case.
    Sure. You rest your case, whatever. Enjoy 5 more months without flying. And then again on Argus. And then again next expansion.

Yeah it is really sad. Back in Wrath one of my favorite things to do on non-raid nights was to just fly around the world, collecting minerals and taking in the sights; doing random quests I missed. Flying added a lot in my opinion.

Deleted
    I really don't understand why people that like to experience the level design on ground mounts feel the need to force other people to do the same. Like if we had flying mounts from day 1, why would you complain about it instead of just using the ground mount and enjoy the game at your pace?

As I see it, there are 2 play-styles here:
    Option 1: more immersive, experience-the-world, kinda game where you don't have flying mounts
    Option 2: more immediate reward, ignore stuff you don't care about, kinda game where you have flying mounts

If you have flying enabled, both Option 1 and Option 2 are possible.
    If you don't have flying enabled, only Option 1 is possible.

So people advocating for no-flying are literally enforcing their preferred way of playing on other people. Or am I wrong?
    And don't talk to me about world PvP. I have never once seen it in Legion. In fact, i've probably seen more of it in TBC when flying was enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by angelblack View Post
    I really don't understand why people that like to experience the level design on ground mounts feel the need to force other people to do the same. Like if we had flying mounts from day 1, why would you complain about it instead of just using the ground mount and enjoy the game at your pace?

As I see it, there are 2 play-styles here:
    Option 1: more immersive, experience-the-world, kinda game where you don't have flying mounts
    Option 2: more immediate reward, ignore stuff you don't care about, kinda game where you have flying mounts

If you have flying enabled, both Option 1 and Option 2 are possible.
    If you don't have flying enabled, only Option 1 is possible.

So people advocating for no-flying are literally enforcing their preferred way of playing on other people. Or am I wrong?
    And don't talk to me about world PvP. I have never once seen it in Legion. In fact, i've probably seen more of it in TBC when flying was enabled.
    Players don't force anything, it's Blizzard who are developing the game. When they make the game they have to assume that players will use whatever tools they are given to complete the content in a timely manner, if flight is available they'll have to balance the content around players using flight with regard to the activities and rewards. That would make sure that players don't rapidly burn through the content and complain about"nothing to do" but it also means that players who don't use flight will be gaining rewards at a lower rate, effectively making the choice illusory.

As Blizzard have decided they prefer content designed to be experienced from the ground they have decided to restrict flight for everyone to ensure content isn't consumed slower or faster than they would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Players don't force anything, it's Blizzard who are developing the game. When they make the game they have to assume that players will use whatever tools they are given to complete the content in a timely manner, if flight is available they'll have to balance the content around players using flight with regard to the activities and rewards. That would make sure that players don't rapidly burn through the content and complain about"nothing to do" but it also means that players who don't use flight will be gaining rewards at a lower rate, effectively making the choice illusory.

As Blizzard have decided they prefer content designed to be experienced from the ground they have decided to restrict flight for everyone to ensure content isn't consumed slower or faster than they would like.
    If that's true, we wouldn't have flying at all in last or this expansion.
    But for some reason a bunch of people got a server case of stockholm syndrome when Blizzard finally gave in and put up a "compromise".

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    If that's true, we wouldn't have flying at all in last or this expansion.
    But for some reason a bunch of people got a server case of stockholm syndrome when Blizzard finally gave in and put up a "compromise".
    They've included a time gate and rep grinds to the flight achievement, if it works the same in Legion as it did in WoD you'll probably be finished progressing your character before you unlock flight. I'm betting that the Argus content in 7.3 will probably have flight restricted or allow flight for everyone regardless of Pathfinder and be placed according.

7+ Year Old Account
    Long before the Cataclysm, the Lich King, or even Outlands itself, Azeroth was a vast world with endless reaches and possibilities. People had to walk on foot until lvl 40. Their gear was mismatched and hideous. There were no flight paths in every corner of the zone. People walked. They explored. They left the path and wandered through dangerous territory wearing what little gear they had earned. There were no heirlooms, or chauffered choppers. Warcraft was an adventure and exploration was a huge part of it. Like the first time walking through Arathi on the way to Ironforge and realizing those dinosaurs had skulls below their pictures. Or the long run from Menethil Harbor down to Stormwind.

I feel sorry for the OP, and people like him. When the game becomes a flight sim with some action, and not an MMO-RPG filled with adventure, maybe it's time to change course and find something more to your liking. In the meantime, 7M+ people are still playing just fine without flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Subs are down and it will be cheaper to develop the game in the future with unfinished environments. Flying will be gone completely at some point, except for old world content.

Oh well. Enjoy the game, I suppose...doesn't sound like I'm missing much...
    I like how you selfishly turned your post to be entirely about yourself while pretending to care about what someone else thinks.

You're literally one of those people who quit the game yet come back to places the game is centered around to talk about how you quit the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.