Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You edited - fine, I will reply to the edit, too.

Yes, the question was whether LFR keeps raiding from being removed. And while things aren't so cut and dry as "if it wasn't for LFR, they'd have cut raids", ultimately LFR was created EXACTLY to help justify the big expenses that the devs have been putting / continue to put to these days into raids. LFR kind of succeeded at that in that many more people see raids with LFR than without it. (Now with all that, it was kind of a hollow success in that raiding remains a niche activity and it can be argued that people are doing LFR not because they like it, but rather because it is damn easy and brings gear and there's little else to do - but that's a different topic. LFR certainly helped bring people to raids and that certainly helped justify making raids in the future.)

Your opponents are right and you are getting hellbent on literal interpretation of a couple of their words.
    I am getting hellbent as the literal interpenetration says otherwise. Personally I would prefer if raiding had not had an increase in budget. That is not the facts though and I am not going to run around making claims otherwise.

On topic, I dont agree with the current length of the gating this time around There has been a lot of discussion on the existence of gating LFR and even responses supporting it from the devs. There however has been no commentary from the devs for the increased length this time which leaves that for speculation. Personal guess is lack of content for non-raiders and LFR once again being the fallback for not enough content for non-raiders.
    Last edited by Greenmagoo; 2017-02-19 at 08:53 AM.

In a few days 9/10 of the raid will be out. They delay it to incentivize normal

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why does it hurt you so much when I say LFR isn't raiding? Why can't you just accept the fact that it isnt?
    Probably because it's not a fact, and you're objectively incorrect, yet still insist on repeating the same sentiment (not unlike the person in your avatar).

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Probably because it's not a fact, and you're objectively incorrect, yet still insist on repeating the same sentiment (not unlike the person in your avatar).
    Does Jaylock get his information from Breitbart too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why does it hurt you so much when I say LFR isn't raiding?
    I would say it is a mater of semantics. It does not bother me that you say such as you have mentioned many times there is a difference in experience which is true. LFR is large group based PVE content and even then world PVP in large groups gets referred to as a raid. I would also put the Wrath gate event under the same. I separate normal and above by calling it organized raiding as a representation of one of the main things that separates it from others.

If someone wants the same experience as organized raiders then they need to do just that organized raiding. If they do not want organized raiding then LFR is possibly for them.
    Last edited by Greenmagoo; 2017-02-19 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    This thread is just to bait people into flame war, troll OP knows LFR is touchy subject. Move along people, nothing to see here.
    Quite frankly, the posts here that seem like trolling to me are the ones going "LfR lol" or some oh-so-witty variant of it, 2 weeks per wing (The last "wing" is just Gul'Dan) is a bit steep...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Quite frankly, the posts here that seem like trolling to me are the ones going "LfR lol" or some oh-so-witty variant of it, 2 weeks per wing (The last "wing" is just Gul'Dan) is a bit steep...
    One group here mocks LFR as a difficulty, second thinks that raids are for no-lifers and demand everything to be unlock day 1... both are stupid.

LFR don't recapture 'feel' and atmosphere of the raiding, but it is raid, just ultra easy mode. It can't be harder with matchmaking system, because completely random group never learn anything. LFR is designed for people that don't want to raid (learn boss), but want to experience content and story. Nothing wrong in that, easy mode exist almost in every game.

In Normal (for the intended ilvl of course) you must learn the boss. It gives much more satisfaction than LFR, especially you killed it before Blizzard 'handed' it out for you (just like for mythic raiders it gives more satisfaction if you kill boss before massive nerf). 'Unknown' is huge incentive for doing normal, if LFR would be unlocked first day many would skip normal and miss great experience.

Sadly, in threads like this there is no room for constructive discussion. All I see is extremists shouting at each other. This was troll OP intention and it worked. Look at OP post history, you will understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    because lfr isn't raiding lmfao.
    Thats why its called "Looking for RAID", right? damn the ignorance in this thread is too damn high.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I don't have to prove anything. You said Look for Raid is not raiding when the title is self explanatory. Why would i take the whole world literally because of that? What an odd rebuttal.
    Ok, I'll bite and explain.

LFR is not raiding. It's sight seeing. And it doesn't matter how it's called. The reality is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmagoo View Post
    There however has been no commentary from the devs for the increased length this time which leaves that for speculation. Personal guess is lack of content for non-raiders and LFR once again being the fallback for not enough content for non-raiders.
    That's all that needs to be said on the topic IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is a great easy way to clear current raid content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now seriously.

People cried LFR was anti-climatic because it let ppl see the whole content before clearing it on harder difficulties. So Blizzard introduced gating.

Now there are ppl who often quit after seeing all the content. Others cry the content is too easy and consumed too fast. Do you understand now why gating it what it is?

I personally don't care about the gating of LFR since it's not my target content. I do it for runes or CTA bags.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Like what's the hold up? I started playing again last week and saw two wings were available, and I was like "Cool, they're probably opening one wing per week, just like in the past". Nope. Week has passed, still two wings. Why the fuck does it have to take so long? Everyone who seriously wanted to clear the raid on normal / heroic / mythic has already done so, or are very close to. So there's no reason to keep LFR raiders waiting this long.
    Second wing opened two weeks after first. Seems every wing opens every two weeks

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    LFR is a great easy way to clear current raid content.
    Youtube is an even greater way, it requires same amount of effort, but doesn't need subscription. You even get to see extra phases.

They have to keep you subbed. If they release it all too quickly you'll do it once and then quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    LFR isnt raiding, its a tour, you need to wait in line

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    AFAIK LFR stands for "Looking for raid" and the people form a raid, meaning they are raiding. So now you can insist that because something is called a certain way that doesn't mean it is that way. Like people insist to call the game football that is played with a leather egg and 99% of the time not played with the foot.

- - - Updated - - -

Just because you can string words together it doesn't for a sentence that makes sense. How about we also just watch others level, quest and pvp on youtube, instead of playing then?

So, no. You tube is NOT a greater way. It is actually one of the shittiest way to watch 12 minutes of boss encounters with NO clue what is going on and shitty music. A 2 minute Fat Boss video with voiceover I might watch. But even LFR is a closer, more real and "greater" way
    "i mean call of duty means your going to war, because its name says you are, so yeah you can say " i fought in a war" because you played call of duty"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Like what's the hold up? I started playing again last week and saw two wings were available, and I was like "Cool, they're probably opening one wing per week, just like in the past". Nope. Week has passed, still two wings. Why the fuck does it have to take so long? Everyone who seriously wanted to clear the raid on normal / heroic / mythic has already done so, or are very close to. So there's no reason to keep LFR raiders waiting this long.
    Why don't you just do it on normal/heroic/mythic?

Quote Originally Posted by Straight White Whale View Post
    Because why the fuck would I want to waste hours of my time doing normal raids waiting for groups to fill up when I could do something fun instead?
    then don't pug, join a guild. Dedicate 2-3h ONE night a week and clear normal. The time it takes you to clear all of LFR once it's open is probably the same amount of time needed to clear normal Nighthold when it's on farm.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2017-02-19 at 11:02 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    At this point they really should just remove LFR and Heroic, make normal queuable, and have just Normal and Mythic since LFR, Normal, and Heroic are all completely faceroll. The only people who want LFR penalized are the people that aren't good enough to clear Heroic faceroll mode and need to feel better about themselves.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2017-02-19 at 11:05 AM.

Raiding is a waste of time and resources, and should be removed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by george costanza View Post
    raiding is a waste of time and resources, and should be removed.
    serenity now!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content