Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrieverXIII View Post
    I don't look down on people who do it..
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean that you did. There are people who have posted "LFR is not raiding" or variations on that point who are.
    See what I mean? v v v v v Elitests, elitests everywhere. I think if they were ever to even accept LFR as a tier of raiding albeit the tourism that it is their lives would shatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    so basically it's not raiding, then?
    Nighthold is a raid. You just aren't doing any raiding in it. You're doing a short tour, with clearly defined areas where you can visit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Stop calling them "raiders".

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    1 per week is enough of a "gate" to convince people to get into normal/heroic but also not make normal/heroic raiders feel burnt out. Hell do 2 weeks for wing 1 and 1 week for every wing after and it would be better than now.

I completely agree that 2 weeks per wing for every wing is too long. Esp when the wait for wing 4 is a single boss wing.

The boss assignment is also all fucked up. 1 tier wing 1, 1 tier wing 2, 3 tier wing 3, 1 tier wing 4. They should have switched a boss in wing 2 and wing 3 to balance out the tier drops.

Also botanist last over Star Auger last is a huge misstep. People just leave after the tier boss.
    Lol so you want them to lock the door to star augur when you literally have to kill his trash to get to botanist?
    You want them to swap loot tables just for lfr instead maybe?
    lmao

- - - Updated - - -

See what I mean? v v v v v Elitests, elitests everywhere. I think if they were ever to even accept LFR as a tier of raiding albeit the tourism that it is their lives would shatter.
    "elitism"
    Ya man I'm sure being an elitist because I call an unguided tour of a raid an unguided tour.
    Raids have things that LFR doesn't have. Let's do them one at a time.

First thing a raid has that an unguided LFR tour has? A raid lead.

calling lfr players raiders is about as silly as calling a kid with a go-kart an official nascar driver.

Deleted
    "elitism"
    Ya man I'm sure being an elitist because I call an unguided tour of a raid an unguided tour.
    Raids have things that LFR doesn't have. Let's do them one at a time.

First thing a raid has that an unguided LFR tour has? A raid lead.
    Whether you like it or not, by definition LFR IS a raiding difficulty. You feel that it is not based on the lack of difficulty. You look down on this version of your raid and that is Elitism.

It might be a tour, it might be the simplest of faceroll content, but factually you cannot say it is not a Raid difficulty because it is. All you can do is hold your nose up and point at those who actually use it.

Whether you realise it or even accept it, if you do this you ARE being Elitest.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    calling lfr players raiders is about as silly as calling a kid with a go-kart an official nascar driver.
    Another one with attempt at humour thrown in to boot.

Whether you like it or not, by definition LFR IS a raiding difficulty. You feel that it is not based on the lack of difficulty. You look down on this version of your raid and that is Elitism.

It might be a tour, it might be the simplest of faceroll content, but factually you cannot say it is not a Raid difficulty because it is. All you can do is hold your nose up and point at those who actually use it.

Whether you realise it or even accept it, if you do this you ARE being Elitest.

Another one with attempt at humour thrown in to boot.
    Nice you didn't even attempt to address the point that unlike a raid, lfr has no leader or direction.
    Yet I'm being "elitest" (dunno if that even is a word) because I point that out, cool.

Want to move on to the 2nd reason why LFR isn't raiding yet or wanna "dispute" (read: ignore) this point more?

Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    My brain... it hurts..
    should make what he said a signature

Deleted
    You can tell it's a JustRob thread when there's pointless swearing in the thread title and a massive amount of whinging and self-entitlement in his rants.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can understand the different opinions. I don't understand the need to belittle those that like it though (not implying you did that, just putting that opinion out there.

I used to be a raider like you, then I took an ...... got bored with it . I got bored with having to farm for mats for the pots and food; I got bored with having to meet at set times and raid rather than do what I want to do; I got bored with the loot drama, or RNG making you go without and gain one more week; Compared to Vanilla days i also got bored with the need to pre-learn all the tactics rather than enjoy the learning process.
    I've been consistently raiding at a similar level for almost 12 years now and schedules, at least from my experience, have only helped me organize me better overall. During the first 8 years, when i was finishing school and going through college, my guildies were in similar spots, so the hours were always times where no social life was threatened and many of us, including myself, have had girlfriends that were completely unrelated with the game (still with my girl for 13 years now). Farming or preparing for raids is always the mundane part of it, but it became a routine for most of us very quickly (the core of the guild, around 14 players, have been around since then).

My guild currently occupies rank 11 world, and do guilds like ours actually care about LFR or what LFR users do? No, not really. When we group to go farm runes in LFR, we take no notice in what their normal users do. We play our game, and as long as that isn't impaired, we dont care. For us it's no different from doing weekly quests like timewalking.
    We ofcourse have our own opinion on LFR, and it's definately not positive. However we see the value it poses to others, and even if we disagree the purpose it holds and the place it has in the game, we won't go around posting it should be removed since we understand others "like" it.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2017-02-19 at 04:02 PM.

Someone that plays Normal: "Those carebears in LFR? Ah! Git gud and raid Normal. 'Real' Raiders. haha"
    Someone that plays Heroic: "Those carebears in Normal? Ah! Git gud and raid Heroic. 'Real' Raiders. haha"
    Someone that plays Mythic: "Those carebears in Heroic? Ah! Git gud and raid Mythic. 'Real' Raiders. haha"
    Someone who doesn't play WoW: "Those carebears in WoW? Ah! Git gud and l2Life. haha"

-

On topic, what is the current reasoning to have LFR gated as much as it is?

Deleted
    Nice you didn't even attempt to address the point that unlike a raid, lfr has no leader or direction.
    Yet I'm being "elitest" (dunno if that even is a word) because I point that out, cool.

Want to move on to the 2nd reason why LFR isn't raiding yet or wanna "dispute" (read: ignore) this point more?
    I don't need to address what it does or does not have compared to Normal and up. It is still a raid difficulty regardless. Why I hear you not caring to ask? Because the company that made the game calls it a raid difficulty. Your opinion whether shared by many or few is irrelevant.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/elitist

No, you aren't an elitest because you point something out, you're an elitest because you look down on something or someone who you consider to be less than you. They might actually be less skilled than you, I'm not trying to defend LFR for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Someone that plays Normal: "Those carebears in LFR? Ah! Git gud and raid Normal. 'Real' Raiders. haha"
    Someone that plays Heroic: "Those carebears in Normal? Ah! Git gud and raid Heroic. 'Real' Raiders. haha"
    Someone that plays Mythic: "Those carebears in Heroic? Ah! Git gud and raid Mythic. 'Real' Raiders. haha"
    Someone who doesn't play WoW: "Those carebears in WoW? Ah! Git gud and l2Life. haha"
    Haha, exactly what I was trying to say with my first post.

Sure, people can have all the wings at once in LFR but the cost of that would be them being locked out of loot in Normal, Heroic and Mythic Difficulties
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I know this comes as a surprise, but grouping with friends and guilds are the point of MMORPG's. It's co-op content, not scenic content. You know, the type that you actually engage on, rather than tag the boss and afk until the loot drops? Yeah, that thing.
    people would probably be more inclined to join guilds if they didn't constantly run into literal bags of dicks like yourself in game.

I don't need to address what it does or does not have compared to Normal and up. It is still a raid difficulty regardless. Why I hear you not caring to ask? Because the company that made the game calls it a raid difficulty. Your opinion whether shared by many or few is irrelevant.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/elitist

No, you aren't an elitest because you point something out, you're an elitest because you look down on something or someone who you consider to be less than you. They might actually be less skilled than you, I'm not trying to defend LFR for what it is.
    So you choose the 2nd option, gotcha.
    I don't look down on players who do LFR. I and most of my guild do LFR. But it's not a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    But, would you call the kid with a go-kart a racer?

No one here is claiming an LFR Raider a Mythic Raider, because that is you what you are suggesting. If that is use as a comparison, then no-one can claim anything unless they compete at the highest level.

That is not football, they are just throwing a pigskin around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Sure, people can have all the wings at once in LFR but the cost of that would be them being locked out of loot in Normal, Heroic and Mythic Difficulties
    Fine with me make it happen

Deleted
    So you choose the 2nd option, gotcha.
    I don't look down on players who do LFR. I and most of my guild do LFR. But it's not a raid.
    You mean like where I ignored the irrelevant points to focus what we were debating, and then you replied ignoring my points entirely?

Gotcha.

Deleted
    I mean, if they would release AFK (LFR) content at the same time like normal/heroic then take loot out of lfr and i am fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.
    ROFLMAO! the new mmo copypasta

- - - Updated - - -

I'm using LFR to gear up my alts. So by the time they are ready to be geared, all of the wings will be open. In the meantime, i pug normals, do mythics, and WQ's. 880 ilvl rating on my main(which im not bragging, cause it's not THAT high compared to others), haven't stepped foot in a heroic, and play maybe an hour or two each night

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M2t View Post
    I mean, if they would release AFK (LFR) content at the same time like normal/heroic then take loot out of lfr and i am fine with it.
    What gear level does LFR have compared to dungeons/WQs? LFR should offer no higher than dungeons imo. LFR IS a good way to see content and should have some thing to encourage others to do it besides that but other than gearing up to give people that want to move to normal, I'll agree the gear shouldn't be equivalent to normal.

Video game isn't exactly how I want it so I cry like bitch.

/thread