Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    It's just too bad he sold out his policy stances back in 2008. I would've voted for him.
    He at least stood up during elections and told people Obama was not a Muslim terrorist. Can you imagine Trump doing the same at his rallies?

Republicans had no shot in 2008, because the horrors painted on Obama in 2016 for failure of DNC policy, were objectively happening during the economic fall in 2008 and RNC was blamed (see rise of tea party). He needed to do be bold and take risks, but even then... he corrected his supporters that were being lied to. He got as extreme as pulling Palin out of a hat, but never got close to the 'founder of ISIS' bullshit that dominated elections this time.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    It's just too bad he sold out his policy stances back in 2008. I would've voted for him.
    Ya...and he might have won too.

I don't think he has much in the way of presidential ambition these days. It's likely why he feels he has little to lose these days when exercising his right to free speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Ya...and he might have won too.

I don't think he has much in the way of presidential ambition these days. It's likely why he feels he has little to lose these days when exercising his right to free speech.
    he's turning 81 this year, he probably wouldn't survive it if he became president.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly, but McCain has never been shy with voicing his opinion. But it's worth noting that Arizona (and much of the southwest) Republicans are not the ultra-conservatives of the South.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He at least stood up during elections and told people Obama was not a Muslim terrorist. Can you imagine Trump doing the same at his rallies?

Republicans had no shot in 2008, because the horrors painted on Obama in 2016 for failure of DNC policy, were objectively happening during the economic fall in 2008 and RNC was blamed (see rise of tea party). He needed to do be bold and take risks, but even then... he corrected his supporters that were being lied to. He got as extreme as pulling Palin out of a hat, but never got close to the 'founder of ISIS' bullshit that dominated elections this time.
    No he isn't a muslim terrorist but some of his associates in chicago are. This all goes back long before he was president or ever got into office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Mccain will never be president. He pissed off a lot of the base when he sold out during his presidential run. We saw a different man.
    Could you explain? His base was recoiling in how to deal with an impossible feat of winning an election, while the active representatives of your party is holding White House lawn speeches of a self fixing economy. McCain was stuck during the RNC convention nominating him, he couldn't mention the economy, because it made Bush and other republicans seeking state elections look bad. As a result, the RNC platform that nominated McCain, didn't have the economy as a bullet point, while 3 banks failed in the same month the convention was held. Instead of doubling down on Obama is a secret Muslim, as would become the norm for next 8 years, he took time off from his cross country campaign bus to refocus on the economy.

You can disagree with McCain on policy, but he is a stand up guy. The guy deserves respect for his character, regardless of what you think of his policy.

- - - Updated - - -

No he isn't a muslim terrorist but some of his associates in chicago are. This all goes back long before he was president or ever got into office.
    See... McCain > You...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Holy mother of conspricy theories.

10+ Year Old Account

I still think Palin was "appointed" to him by the GOP in a pathetic attempt to play the woman card against Hillary (what, they couldn't play the sane card too?) But yes I watched McCain's acceptance speech and I still have deep respect for him telling people to shut the fuck up about the secret-muslim-terrorist crap and respect the President.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    His little press conference last Friday was primarily just that; one big rambling want/whine that said "I won, so how come you (the media) don't like me?"

It was disgraceful and embarrassing!
    That "an easy question please" was crazy... Points at a guy who after introducing him self, rambles how great Israel thinks Trump is, as he was a journalist for a Jewish publication. Then, asks him the same Palestine question every president for a couple of decades been ask. Trump's reply? 'I asked for an easy question and you come at me with this? Buttered me up first and then this? Next!'. That's insane... how hard is it to respond with 'we are working diligently to support peace and stability in the region and thank you for your fond words'... that's all every other president would do and that's before bitching that simple questions are hard...

Could you explain? His base was recoiling in how to deal with an impossible feat of winning an election, while the active representatives of your party is holding White House lawn speeches of a self fixing economy. McCain was stuck during the RNC convention nominating him, he couldn't mention the economy, because it made Bush and other republicans seeking state elections look bad. As a result, the RNC platform that nominated McCain, didn't have the economy as a bullet point, while 3 banks failed in the same month the convention was held. Instead of doubling down on Obama is a secret Muslim, as would become the norm for next 8 years, he took time off from his cross country campaign bus to refocus on the economy.

You can disagree with McCain on policy, but he is a stand up guy. The guy deserves respect for his character, regardless of what you think of his policy.

- - - Updated - - -

See... McCain > You...
    Mccains communication skills are very lacking. He was too moderate during the debates. He failed on so many fronts. So he inevitably lost. Mccain isn't president and trump which flat out called him that won. So what is your point?

Mccains communication skills are very lacking. He was too moderate during the debates. He failed on so many fronts. So he inevitably lost. Mccain isn't president and trump which flat out called him that won. So what is your point?
    o Christ...more "I won so that make me..."whatever the fuck" shit...

10+ Year Old Account
    I may not agree with McCain all the time, but I respect him as a senator. He's not afraid to speak out when something seems wrong. Torture is NOT okay. Labeling the press as the enemy of the US is NOT okay. I'm sure most senators on both side of the isle agree with him on those two points. They just aren't as willing to make that thought known as McCain seems to be.

We need to hold the media responsible when they put forth fake stories, but we can't issue a blanket statement that all reporters are our enemies. Don't listen to some asshole posting random crap as truth on Twitter and cover it as news without fact checking. Don't take some random asshole's blog as fact without researching. That's where the media has generally failed most recently. Many are in a race to be the first to break the news (that they actually read somewhere else) and, lately, that's meant going live with a story without pausing to fact check first. When they do that, it makes people question all their sources, even those that do take time to check first. When the president then goes and calls all journalists the enemy, it actually makes the whole problem worse.

Deleted
    So many libs who used to despise McCain for the scum that he is which became clear when he ran for president against obama...now these same people pretend he is not scum just cuz he speaks against trump...

Seriously pathetic...

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    So many libs who used to despise McCain for the scum that he is which became clear when he ran for president against obama...now these same people pretend he is not scum just cuz he speaks against trump...

Seriously pathetic...
    What's seriously pathetic is that Trump supporters slavishly believe McCain is the enemy today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Hey, you got to love the political climate, when I point at the bullshit politics turned to where ISIS founder was actually a topic being discussed about Obama. For a solution in the reply being, it wasn't him, it was his association. That's how far gone this is for some people. He willingly explains that the issue is Obama, not the accusation of being a muslim terrorist. He thinks the issue in fixing that tact, is moving from Obama, not that calling his associates Muslim terrorist, doesn't actually change what is wrong with the rhetoric.

It also should explain the current defense of Trump and Russia. After 10 years of them demonizing Obama for being a Muslim terrorist and nothing actually happening. They think that Trump must be the same, but for those damn leftist. Completely ignoring that Obama in his 8 years as president, never had a Flynn lie about his conversations with Muslim terrorists. Obama never had one advisor resign due to connection and lying about conversations with Muslim terrorists. Trump already had Flynn and Manafort resign...

That's really the crux of all the fake news bullshit. They have been lying and blaming the media for not covering Obama's ties to terrorists. Now that Trump is embroiled in scandals with Russia and is getting coverage, they treated as the same thing they were doing to Obama. Completely ignoring the major differances...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    No conspiracy theory here. If you actually studied the nation of islam and their associations you'd come to the same conclusion. Farrakhan introducing gang memebrs to Gaddafi to carry out attacks on US soil. To say obama didn't ever meet or know farrakhan is asinine. You think you can go to chicago and get in politics without meeting Farrakhan at any point? I'd love to see you get the black vote without it. Good luck with that my friend.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-02-19 at 04:45 PM.

Deleted
    No conspiracy theory here. If you actually studied the nation of islam and their associations you'd come to the same conclusion. Farrakhan introducing gang memebrs to Gaddafi to carry out attacks on US soil. To say obama didn't ever meet or know farrakhan is asinine. You think you can go to chicago and get in politics without meeting Farrakhan at any point? I'd love to see you get the black vote without it. Good luck with that my friend.
    So how many Muslim inspired terrorists have come out of Chicago so far?

10+ Year Old Account
    My point is that you are demonizing McCain to defend Trump and are spreading conspiracy theories. Then I went further to explain that the unmet expectations of said conspiracy theories has warped your perception. Kind of like saying an influential politician who won his primary to be a presidential candidate, is a bad communicator. While completely ignoring that McCain or any republican in 2008 had no shot... going more conservative, as we are in two wars and having the largest economic collapse since the Great Depression, after people still remembered the economic prosperity of the Clinton 90s like it wasn't even a decade ago... had nothing to do with speech patterns. You just had no one to blame for Iraq, but Bush... you had no one to blame for the economy, but Bush... you had no one to blame for a bank bail out, but Bush... then 8 years of 'stop talking about Bush', your ilk blames it all on Obama and has the gull to blame McCains speech delivery and not doubling down on policy being blamed for an economic collapse...

Holy...wow...you really believe this crazy shit....

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait! Wasn't Trump in politics of Chicago while campaigning? Didn't he win that bail out of his property in Chicago during the election? Are you saying what I think you are saying?