Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had some good matches last night. I'm still focusing on the Warden, but I have played a little bit of Peacekeeper and Conquerer. I ran into another Warden who beat me up, so I had a few rematches with him to get a better idea of what he was doing. I think it helped my game because when I swapped to do a handful of Brawl games I did very well. Someone even got super salty and started complaining in chat about it and how I wasn't playing honorably, then tried to throw me in a pit. It *almost* worked since I fell down right on the edge, but as soon as I stood up and countered and threw him off the wall instead. Dude was quiet the rest of the match. =)
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by WackyWombat View Post
    There's an option to change lock on to toggle. Can't imagine playing without it.
    I had no idea.

I refunded it anyway. I realized it was just another mortal combat type game in medieval type setting. Plus the fighting just feel very repetitive. Block - Attack - Block - Attack.. Got boring after awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    I had no idea.

I refunded it anyway. I realized it was just another mortal combat type game in medieval type setting. Plus the fighting just feel very repetitive. Block - Attack - Block - Attack.. Got boring after awhile.
    Sounds like you were fighting against lvl 1 bots or something. Combat is actually very challenging and has a lot of depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Sounds like you were fighting against lvl 1 bots or something. Combat is actually very challenging and has a lot of depth.
    I was playing through the story mode on Realistic settings. I assume that was the hardest setting since it had the highest XP gain.

I was playing through the story mode on Realistic settings. I assume that was the hardest setting since it had the highest XP gain.
    Yeah... I don't know really know about singleplayer - I just played a few of the first missions on the second to last difficulty and it was a joke/boring. Go do some 1v1s against lvl 3 bots and see if you still think the combat is boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Realistic just changes the UI & less checkpoints, pretty sure actual combat is the same. I'd say storyline heroes probably land somewhere between lv1 and lv2 bots.

Speaking of realistic mode, I'd love some kind of multiplayer duel mode without the combat UI.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, if you just want to play the single-player I would definitely refund the game ASAP. The campaign seems more of an afterthought because developers have learned you don't release a game without at least some sort of single-player campaign, despite all the data that shows that very few people play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The campaign was...weird.
    Really wasn't a fan of the villain or her motivations. Whatever, wasn't bad, just not a fan of being shoehorned into playing (almost) every class.

The multiplayer is pretty damned fun. Hit prestige 1 on Orochi today and decided to mess around with Warden a bit. Definitely a change of pace

15+ Year Old Account
    Neat tidbit I found:

On the second knight mission, when you observe the eagle statue, Apollyon begins to talk about the origin of the Iron Legion. About how it was based off an ancient Empire, that had a force very similar, once led by warriors called 'Centurions'. It is believed that all traces of this Empire were lost after the world sundered, but Apollyon disagrees. After all, she has personally met Centurions.

We already know Centurions are coming in a DLC but I think this basically confirms they'll be added to the Knight faction.

Would be interesting what they will add next, class wise. Samurai are lacking a dual wield class, so maybe a Rōnin would be a good fit with dual Daishō swords if they really want to set classes apart in terms of playstyle.

One of these would be an interesting concept style.

or

Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2017-02-19 at 01:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    -snip-
    I see your point and I raise you shaolin monks, I want hundred eyes from Marco Polo for samurais.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    I see your point and I raise you shaolin monks, I want hundred eyes from Marco Polo for samurais.
    Shaolin monks with hooked swords Though aren't they Chinese? It's a game, I'm sure the rules can be bent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Would be interesting what they will add next, class wise. Samurai are lacking a dual wield class, so maybe a Rōnin would be a good fit with dual Daishō swords if they really want to set classes apart in terms of playstyle.

One of these would be an interesting concept style.
    ]
    Not playing it so dont know if there is some rules on classes they can use but cant they add like a Roman legionarie/centurion/Praetorian Guard or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    For future updates I would also love to see if they could fit in some sort of Ranged heroes, maybe a Ninja that throws Kunai or a Bowman with a Shortbow and Shortsword (like you see the NPC archers have). I'd also be lying if I didn't mention that I had thoughts of having this combat style and system in a Dark Souls world with monsters and magic...and open world RPG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    For future updates I would also love to see if they could fit in some sort of Ranged heroes, maybe a Ninja that throws Kunai or a Bowman with a Shortbow and Shortsword (like you see the NPC archers have). I'd also be lying if I didn't mention that I had thoughts of having this combat style and system in a Dark Souls world with monsters and magic...and open world RPG.
    My poor berserker and her pathetic short range cries at the prospect of ranged characters.
    Really though, a ranged character would undermine so many things with this game, parries, deflects etc. probably wouldn't work unless it was possible to parry an arrow straight back into your face... which would be awesome! and proper strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    My poor berserker and her pathetic short range cries at the prospect of ranged characters.
    Really though, a ranged character would undermine so many things with this game, parries, deflects etc. probably wouldn't work unless it was possible to parry an arrow straight back into your face... which would be awesome! and proper strange.
    Just spitballin...but I would see a ranged character being able to lock on at slightly farther distance, but you could also see which side they are attacking from and block it as per normal. A perfect parry could deflect the projectile back at the attacker maybe. I could see the ranged character have a worse dodge, but be more potent at the mid range so other characters would want to get in close. But with short swords or knives or even the weapon itself I can see the ranged character using that to attack or block. Like a heavy crossbow doing a staggering butt attack so the ranged character could move away and fire a shot.

I dunno, I see a lot of possibilities with this system...of course I said the same thing about the Nemesis system in Shadows of Mordor and NO ONE has copied it yet, so what do I know. XD

My Final Opinion of the game.

1) The P2W part is bullshit. (Being able to buy all ur traits and max out ilvl with RL$$$ is a fucken joke)
    2) Gear (With stats) shouldn't be in the game at all.
    3) Peer 2 Peer is a stupid fucken choice.
    4) Lots of broken ability's and bugs.
    5) Single Player was meh, The final boss on realistic is a dick. It isn't that its hard, Its just a shitty fight. Even more so Phase 2 when ur on the steps with the boss and the add. There is no room to do dick.
    6) Always Online is stupid seeing how this game has both a SP mode and a Player Vs AI mode.
    7) Matchmaking is a fucken joke. If you are ilvl 108 on lets say the law-bringer and want to play ur level 1 peace keeper it will still make you with ilvl 108's. This forces people to ether play 1v1/2v2 or farm xp via bots. Even fresh players to the game can be put against ilvl geared players.
    8) Leveling is slow as piss.
    9)Fuck the bleed mechanic seriously. All it does is promote cheesy gameplay, get stabbed they run away.

Final Score 6 out of 10, The game feels like it was just meant to be a cash cow and nothing more. Even with its issues, its still a above average game. The only positive I have to say about it is its not as much of a pain to unlock characters as Siege was. But that mite change when the season pass dlc characters hit and those without it have to unlock them.

Its a cool concept and the modes are solid. Its just the delivery and balancing issues on top of the p2w is too much.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-23 at 11:40 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    My Final Opinion of the game.
    7) Matchmaking is a fucken joke. If you are ilvl 108 on lets say the law-bringer and want to play ur level 1 peace keeper it will still make you with ilvl 108's. This forces people to ether play 1v1/2v2 or farm xp via bots. Even fresh players to the game can be put against ilvl geared players.
    As far as the gear having stats and stuff, I was under the impression that was all turned off for 1v1 and 2v2, so why would you have to play against bots?

Also on a sidenote anyone playing on PS4? Wouldn't mind a friend or 2.
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2017-02-23 at 04:01 AM.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    As far as the gear having stats and stuff, I was under the impression that was all turned off for 1v1 and 2v2, so why would you have to play against bots?

Also on a sidenote anyone playing on PS4? Wouldn't mind a friend or 2.
    Yep that's why I said
    This forces people to ether play 1v1/2v2 or farm xp via bots.
    You are limited to half of the game if you want to avoid the p2w gearing system.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep that's why I said You are limited to half of the game if you want to avoid the p2w gearing system.
    Yeah my bad. I read that as play 1v1/2v2 TO farm xp via bots lol. I will agree though going up against people who out gear you really sucks in any PvP game, but at least there are options until you catch up and if you get lucky you can always just outplay them ahah.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka