Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Some important statistics Sargon presents in this article which i will leave here as food for thought:-

Daily Youtube views
    Pewdiepie = 12,100,000
    Philip DeFranco = 963,000
    Sargon of Akkad = 266,000
    Wall Street Journal = 241,000

Subscribers
    Pewdiepie = 53,500,000 (and rising)
    Wall Street Journal = 2,400,000 (and falling)

Basically pewdiepies wealth, reach and power is growing by the day... and WSJ wealth, reach and power is falling by the day.

And Sargons analysis of the Overton Window is thought provoking too (at 28:40).

For reference

Subreddit listing all mainstream articles attacking Pewdiepie & responders

General Mainstream Media attacks on Youtubers
    Paid subscriptions to the WSJ =/= free subscriptions to PewDiePie. Accusing journalism outlets of looking for clickbait in no way discredits the findings of the investigation. "Clickbait" doesn't explain why he thinks it's funny to joke about specifically killing Jewish people, or gazing at Hitler in a mock SS uniform. We have very clear proof of PewDiePie making holocaust "jokes" and courting the racist alt-right/gamergate crowd under his breath. There is still no appropriate reason why he would ever do this. It's already illegal to do anything of the sort in countries like France that understand the consequences of allowing such bigotry a platform. I wouldn't be surprised if he was banned in those countries, and blocked on Youtube.

Even in his response videos, he takes after Trump's strategy of attacking journalism and his dissenters by ignoring the facts and claiming that it's clickbait and bias. He talks about how the story should be about how great he is for being in some charity fundraiser instead of the fact that he just plays games for a living. Reporters don't exist to promote him. They exist to ask the real questions. If they're getting blamed by fascists sympathizers for digging too far, then they're doing a damn good job.

I'm sure Disney isn't losing any sleep over this Pew person and whatever outrage a handful of people are feeling.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And it's weird how the media doesn't go after her. It's almost like context really does matter, doesn't it?
    Context didn't matter for pewdiepie so why does Silverman get the benefit of context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm sure Disney isn't losing any sleep over this Pew person and whatever outrage a handful of people are feeling.
    If that were true they wouldn't have dropped him:P

it's pretty interesting how big a dollar figure big companies are willing to put on avoiding bad PR, and how you can exploit that if you have an audience.

You know how a lot of "SJWs" wear victimhood as a badge of honor?

You do realize that your persecution complex is being catered to in very much the same way, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    If that were true they wouldn't have dropped him:P

it's pretty interesting how big a dollar figure big companies are willing to put on avoiding bad PR, and how you can exploit that if you have an audience.
    They dropped him because of potential scrutiny...

This "outrage" about him getting kicked to the curb...is nothing for them to lose sleep over...

But hey, maybe they can "boycott Disney" or something...
    I'm sure whatever they imagine will work out well for this Pew person...in their collective bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    You know how a lot of "SJWs" wear victimhood as a badge of honor?

You do realize that your persecution complex is being catered to in very much the same way, right?
    Are you trying to say that someone who makes millions and millions of dollars being xXedgy007Xx isn't a victim of unfair treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Context didn't matter for pewdiepie so why does Silverman get the benefit of context.
    Exactly. You mention what she did to anyone, and they will tell you it was part of a joke, of a skit. Basically, "context matters". Yet they refuse to admit that they're ignoring all context in the case of PewDiePie.

Exactly. You mention what she did to anyone, and they will tell you it was part of a joke, of a skit. Basically, "context matters". Yet they refuse to admit that they're ignoring all context in the case of PewDiePie.
    Some of his defenders are suggesting that this is really an attack on new media by old media, an attempt to tear down one of the biggest figures in new media by the old, to reassert its dominance. That is why context didn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    Are you trying to say that someone who makes millions and millions of dollars being xXedgy007Xx isn't a victim of unfair treatment?
    No, I think the world is out to get video games because some failing liberal rag called the Wall Street Journal reached out for an official statement from some nobody called Disney. /s

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wsj.com/articles/disney-...sts-1487034533

Here is the offending article from WSJ.

Do note the subtitle that reads, "Move came after the Journal asked about videos in which he included anti-Semitic jokes or Nazi imagery."

The caption under the picture reads, "WSJ inquired about videos he posted in which he includes anti-Semitic jokes or Nazi imagery."

How much more clear should they have made it for you? Are you incapable of reading something unless a Youtube personality reads it to you?

Deleted
    Paid subscriptions to the WSJ =/= free subscriptions to PewDiePie.
    As ive already said... that means nothing to the point.

Pewdiepie still have a far bigger reach and influence.

Subs fees means shit to that fact.

Accusing journalism outlets of looking for clickbait in no way discredits the findings of the investigation. "Clickbait" doesn't explain why he thinks it's funny to joke about specifically killing Jewish people, or gazing at Hitler in a mock SS uniform.
    And you clealry havent done your research and looked at the videos in CONTEXT.

Because if you had then you would realise that this statement is 100% wrong.

Nobody at the time saw anything wrong with the imagery used for his jokes at the time... NOBODY.

But 3 WSJ journalists are tasked with creating a hitpiece on Pewdiepie and all of a sudden his imagery is a problem... really?

This stinks of a conscience attempt to bring down the biggest Youtuber for clicks. Utterly wreaks of it.

Thankfully sensible people who have done thier research can see clear as day that the WSJ article is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Some of his defenders are suggesting that this is really an attack on new media by old media, an attempt to tear down one of the biggest figures in new media by the old, to reassert its dominance. That is why context didn't matter.
    I know some YouTubers are framing this fiasco as an "attack on new media by old media", but, frankly, I'm having a really hard time seeing it as anything else. I mean, what would the 'old media' have to gain, aside from showing that they're still 'relevant', by making "fake news" about PewDiePie? Felix' channel has nearly double the traffic the WSJ channel has. YouTubers, be them entertainers or news reporters, are indeed making the "old media" really uncomfortable, because, unlike them, YouTubers usually answer to nobody but themselves.

And context always matter. Always.

Deleted
    I know some YouTubers are framing this fiasco as an "attack on new media by old media", but, frankly, I'm having a really hard time seeing it as anything else. I mean, what would the 'old media' have to gain, aside from showing that they're still 'relevant', by making "fake news" about PewDiePie? Felix' channel has nearly double the traffic the WSJ channel has. YouTubers, be them entertainers or news reporters, are indeed making the "old media" really uncomfortable, because, unlike them, YouTubers usually answer to nobody but themselves.

Well said.

And as i have repeatedly said... everyone who has done thier own research into this story comes to this same conclusion.

Pewdiepie is being defended massively by the internet commuinity over this, hes gained subs and hes come out fighting using his platform to do so... something other victims of mainstream fake news havent had the position to do.

Either way this is going to be interesting as it unfolds...

Either way this is going to be interesting as it unfolds...
    Hmf...I'm pretty sure Disney won't pay it any mind whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/disney-...sts-1487034533

Here is the offending article from WSJ.

Do note the subtitle that reads, "Move came after the Journal asked about videos in which he included anti-Semitic jokes or Nazi imagery."

The caption under the picture reads, "WSJ inquired about videos he posted in which he includes anti-Semitic jokes or Nazi imagery."

How much more clear should they have made it for you? Are you incapable of reading something unless a Youtube personality reads it to you?
    Oh, please. If simply making a Hitler 'joke' was enough for all this flak, the question remains: why was Sarah Silverman excused from posing as Hitler? Why was her joke deemed 'ok', but Felix' joke was deemed 'anti-semitic' and racist? I mean, one of their 'offending skits', the scene where PewDiePie is dressed as a german soldier, listening to a Hitler speech, with Command&Conquer: Red Alert's intro music playing in the background, comes straight from the video where he points out how media ignores and/or twists facts to suit a narrative.

He did something stupid, my opinion is that it wasn't funny in the slightest, Do I think he is an Anti-Semite? No. And the media that are trying to showcase him as such should be called out for it, however he clearly did not think the whole thing through, I definitely do not feel it was appropriate to do what he did. And I do believe Google , Youtube and Disney are well within their rights to drop ties with him in whichever way they see fit. So therefore, he did something stupid, was called out on it, was *punished* accordingly, accepted he was wrong, hopefully he can grow from this as a person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmf...I'm pretty sure Disney won't pay it any mind whatsoever.
    Whose talking about Disney?

Oh nobody... and if you have actually read anything i said you would know that.

And heres Armoured Skeptics latest video on the Mainstream media...

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

They need to flex their weakening muscle and prove they are still capable of wielding power. They need to destroy someone or something to prove they still can and justify their inflated sense of ego's. If they can't mold public opinion and shape public thought and feeling, what good are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Oh, please. If simply making a Hitler 'joke' was enough for all this flak, the question remains: why was Sarah Silverman excused from posing as Hitler? Why was her joke deemed 'ok', but Felix' joke was deemed 'anti-semitic' and racist?
    His jokes were anti-semitic, because that's what the jokes were about. Being anti-semitic, lol jk.

South Park makes anti-semitic jokes almost weekly, but Matt Stone and Trey Parker aren't employed by Disney, so that's why you don't see WSJ reaching out to Disney for an official comment on their jokes.

WSJ wrote that these were jokes in large print, and you're complaining that they didn't emphasize enough that they were jokes.

Whose talking about Disney?
    Well...you know.."Disney" is the word on the topic...
    And if it wasn't for that, then this Pew person and his little whine would have been irrelevant.