Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    It doesn't matter if people knew about his his importance to the story never changed.

Just like Gul'Dan , Blackhand, Cho'gall, Ragnaros, Gorefiends ect. importance in the lore never diminished and they got used in a high capacity.
    So it doesn't matter if people actually know about anything then, lore can be made, thus more expansions can be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Except they do and always have. Retcon after retcon have proven this. You must be ignorant of the game's lore and when villains and locations were established.
    every villan ever used even if retconed like KJ and Archimnondes origins were still the exact same.

The fact is almost all the land used has been established or mentioned pre WoW

Nearly every single major villan to date has roots in Pre WoW.

just keep posting your nonsense drivel though. It doesn't change the current reality the game is heading towards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lord is everyone conveniently forgetting a little while back when Blizzard posted and said basically "...so long as we have fans to produce content for, there will be content..."
    slight paraphrasing of an excerpt but that's about it. Blizzard can and will make WoW gonfor 6, 16, 26 more years so long as there is a great market for it. So far I've seen two types of people posting about it here.
    1) Yeah it could go on! Here is some fun ways. What if, or what if, or how about...
    2) NU-UH story is over cause I said so. lol you're dumb if you disagree with me because reasons!

At the end of the day, unless you're the owner of Blizzard and/or in charge of the game- get back to discussing the chronicle cause you're just wasting time and life.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    So it doesn't matter if people actually know about anything then, lore can be made, thus more expansions can be made.
    They can't and right now they arent working on more villans to drive those.

They are pushing the final 2 left for post legion.

Tell me some expansion theme past Azshara / N'zoth / Void that is compelling that won't instantly sink the game into the mud.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Lord is everyone conveniently forgetting a little while back when Blizzard posted and said basically "...so long as we have fans to produce content for, there will be content..."
    slight paraphrasing of an excerpt but that's about it. Blizzard can and will make WoW gonfor 6, 16, 26 more years so long as there is a great market for it. So far I've seen two types of people posting about it here.
    1) Yeah it could go on! Here is some fun ways. What if, or what if, or how about...
    2) NU-UH story is over cause I said so. lol you're dumb if you disagree with me because reasons!

At the end of the day, unless you're the owner of Blizzard and/or in charge of the game- get back to discussing the chronicle cause you're just wasting time and life.
    thats called pandering.

of course they won't tell you the story is coming to an end soon in a sub based timesink MMO.

the games current lore left. Chronicle won't expand it frankly it supports the end coming extremely soon.

The lore left and the direction the story is taking pushing Azshara/ N'zoth and destroying the entire legion.

It's coming to a close and denial is hilarious by people who are too ignorant to state WHY it's not going to end with an actualy lore reason considering in this game the LORE is everything the game is built upon.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    How exactly was BC a natural route from Vanilla, can you please elaborate? For all it's worth the first expansion could have just as easily been Northrend, South Seas, Quel'Thalas... there was so much unexplored land and literally no hints to BC.
    I meant that Vanilla was all about experiencing the world we knew from Warcraft Series as a simple adventurer. Outland/Draenor was a huge part of Warcraft series, yet it was missing from Vanilla. It was only natural that it would appear in expansion.

It's true that several areas were missing from Vanilla, yet only Northrend and Outland were whole continents. Blizzard decided to give us Outland first as they didn't want to conclude Arthas story too fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Lore is not infinite contrary to what you may think.

'
    the fact is comparing the past to now.

In the past TONS of villans still were alive

As of post legion. 2 are alive not counting Void Lords.
    Please tell me, what villains we knew of were alive at the end of Cata, that are dead now?
    Last edited by Rafoel; 2017-02-19 at 07:14 PM.
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny- it was said Star Wars only has six chapters to tell. That's it. Done. It ends with episode 6. Story is over

Remind me again what's coming out in a few months?

They can't and right now they arent working on more villans to drive those.

They are pushing the final 2 left for post legion.

Tell me some expansion theme past Azshara / N'zoth / Void that is compelling that won't instantly sink the game into the mud.
    I see what you mean, and I agree with you about there are few cool villains left, but there is one single point where I dont agree with you: There will be more expansions about something, they'll make that stuff up. They'll make more villains, maybe even big cool main villains.

We had MoP coming from nowhere right, they can pull that again. Deathwing is a evil dude, but a whole expansion about him? Was a bit far fetched really. Now, it was also the Old God driving him, so there is that, but the point is that they can make so much lore from almost nothing(I know Dragon Aspects and Dragon Soul is not nothing) but they only need one main villain, and they'll make the expansion.

If there is an ending in WoW, it will be Anduin + Army of the Light vs The last big evil. Thats at least 3 expansions. My prediction :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Please tell me, what villains we knew of were alive at the end of Cata, that are dead now?
    Demons Souls Changed things but they quickly got killed again

I know you are oging to point at WoD resses but that gave us the Pre WC3 major villans Blackhand and Gul'Dan. It didn't give us dumbass random villan #54

That said post Cata?

The 4th Old God was named and purged from the world
    Gul'dan one of the most iconic characters in the entire franchise
    Xavius the Nightmare Lord
    Blackhand the Destroyer
    Kilrogg Deadeye
    Teron Gorefiend
    Cho'gall
    Mannoroth
    Archimonde Destroyed permanently
    Ticondrius, Mephistroth, Balnazzar, Detheroc wack wack
    Kil'jaeden about to be destroyed.

And even with the WoD resses and the monumental return of Gul'Dan

The death toll still raked up fast considering Archimonde and Kil'jaeden, The Entire Burning Legion, and probabbly Sargeras are biting the dust from just an expansion + Finale of previous.

- - - Updated - - -

I see what you mean, and I agree with you about there are few cool villains left, but there is one single point where I dont agree with you: There will be more expansions about something, they'll make that stuff up. They'll make more villains, maybe even big cool main villains.

We had MoP coming from nowhere right, they can pull that again. Deathwing is a evil dude, but a whole expansion about him? Was a bit far fetched really. Now, it was also the Old God driving him, so there is that, but the point is that they can make so much lore from almost nothing(I know Dragon Aspects and Dragon Soul is not nothing) but they only need one main villain, and they'll make the expansion.

If there is an ending in WoW, it will be Anduin + Army of the Light vs The last big evil. Thats at least 3 expansions. My prediction :P
    Old god minions are in short supply now compared to Cata

as for MoP?

Garrosh started the War back in Cataclysm
    Secondly MoPs primary antagonist was the 4th Old God and those who worship him or covet his remaining power.
    Lei Shen was new but it still used Titan watchers who NOW we have all met.
    However it DID use the Zandalarie Trolls and the allied tribes that begame a resurgence back in Cataclysm.

as of legion

The built up Gul'Dan

Gul'dan is dead

They are building up legion to be destroyed and Azshara+N'zoth for the next.

This isn't building up a new or a no name villan.

This is building up THEIR LAST VILLANS. Those are quite literally the last established ones and right now they are not establishing ANY villans outside the Void.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Funny- it was said Star Wars only has six chapters to tell. That's it. Done. It ends with episode 6. Story is over

Remind me again what's coming out in a few months?
    watered down garbage while Lucas milks the teet dry in any way he can. I mean you saw all the spinoff games right? and the Clone Wars Cartoon?

horrible choice of franchise.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't ask you if the story was mindblowing- and just as an aside Lucas isn't milking anything. Ball is in Disney court now.
    I fully agree the new Star Wars trilogy is very meh. But, it's continuation of a story... for the purpose of making money.

Your argument is "no- I said it's ending. Not so much as a maybe or if, it is done. Pack it in and drive on home. Your days are numbered."

Frankly that's very small minded and pretentious to throw at people as fact.

The 4th Old God was named and purged from the world
    Not exactly. We knew there was a 4th Old God, but it actually turned out to be dead. Sha should count as new villains, as neither Yogg-Saron nor C-thun produced anything similar. His heart survived, but we never fought him directly. We didn't even know about the heart until last patch, and in that patch Garrosh was the villain, not Yshaarj. Even the raid was about Orgrimmar.

Gul'dan one of the most iconic characters in the entire franchise
    Blackhand the Destroyer
    Kilrogg Deadeye
    Teron Gorefiend
    Cho'gall
    All of these were already dead in out timeline. By this logics they can bring back anybody we killed in the past and name them new villains.

Mannoroth
    Archimonde Destroyed permanently
    Both Mannoroth and Archimonde were considered permanently dead at the end of Cata - demons rezzing in Twisting Nether was invented in WoD. They too are in fact villains ressurected.

Tichondrius and Mephistroth wack wack
    We killed them.... but not in Twisting Nether, so they will respawn. Nothing changed. And Tichondrius even died once already, in WC3.

Kil'jaeden about to be destroyed.
    Yes, but for now, he is still alive.

I give you a point only for Xavius.

As you see, my point is that I remember the exact same arguments spawning at the end of Cata, about all villains being dead and game nearing its end. Everybody was curious what Blizzard would come up with, and many viewed MoP as confirmation of their arguments - lack of villains forced Blizzard to release xpac about something absolutely ridiculous. And yet here we are, 6 years later, 3 xpacs later, with exact same amount of villains we had back then. Blizzard keeps inventing new stuff since that time, we are in in an illusion of progress of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Not exactly. We knew there was a 4th Old God, but it actually turned out to be dead. Sha should count as new villains, as neither Yogg-Saron nor C-thun produced anything similar. His heart survived, but we never fought him directly. We didn't even know about the heart until last patch, and in that patch Garrosh was the villain, not Yshaarj. Even the raid was about Orgrimmar.

All of these were already dead in out timeline. By this logics they can bring back anybody we killed in the past and name them new villains.

Both Mannoroth and Archimonde were considered permanently dead at the end of Cata - demons rezzing in Twisting Nether was invented in WoD. They too are in fact villains ressurected.

We killed them.... but not in Twisting Nether, so they will respawn. Nothing changed. And Tichondrius even died once already, in WC3.

Yes, but for now, he is still alive.

I give you a point only for Xavius.

As you see, my point is that I remember the exact same arguments spawning at the end of Cata, about all villains being dead and game nearing its end. Everybody was curious what Blizzard would come up with, and many viewed MoP as confirmation of their arguments - lack of villains forced Blizzard to release xpac about something absolutely ridiculous. And yet here we are, 6 years later, 3 xpacs later, with exact same amount of villains we had back then. Blizzard keeps inventing new stuff since that time, we are in in an illusion of progress of story.
    Mephistroth was never killed. ever

and your strawmanning shit because what happened in WoD and Legion isnt going to happen again.

And WoD only happened because it could USE those iconic figures.

You can't say the same about a shitty ass random expansion.

Also Chronicle hasn't name dropped anyone so there should be more concern for powerful figures.

There are no figures left. The story is hitting its ultimate climax. These are just undeniable facts considering the current expansion we are in and the player characters status level within the world.

Also no

There is no illusion of the progress of story considering that is just one expansion the Emerald Nightmare followed by BURNING LEGION is going to be destroyed entirely thats not illusion of progression. Thats fucking fast forward progression skipping what some people thought was a long time away.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 07:38 PM.

Deleted
    every villan ever used even if retconed like KJ and Archimnondes origins were still the exact same.

The fact is almost all the land used has been established or mentioned pre WoW

Nearly every single major villan to date has roots in Pre WoW.

just keep posting your nonsense drivel though. It doesn't change the current reality the game is heading towards.
    Still doesn't change the fact that it was made up as they went along writing the story for WII,WII:BtDP,WIII:RoC and WIII:TFT.

You are truly so blind as to assume nothing, even the RTS sequels, were made up following the success of the original.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Retcon_speculation for referance to your supposed 'continuity'
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2017-02-19 at 08:00 PM.

The Void Lords do not exist in the physical universe. Even if they succeed in creating a Dark Titan, and we destroyed it, we have no reason to believe that it would in any way impact the ACTUAL Void Lords. It is reasonable to assume they would press forward on other world souls across the universe that they know about and we don't. Essentially making the Warcraft universe into a giant hunting ground for old gods and void corruption. A hunt formerly carried out by Sargeras, whom many believe to be the end boss of this expansion.

AND we have Azshara/N'zoth to worry about

AND who knows wtf Wrathion is up to

AND let's not underestimate the fucking Lich King please, particularly in a world weakened or under attack by demons and old gods

AND we still don't know that Sargeras will make an appearance let alone DIE in legion. I'll remind everyone we don't know how well we stand up against Titans, and Sargeras wiped out the entire Pantheon, and has been depicted to destroy planets with a single blow.

AND as mentioned before this shit makes alot of money, they wont just let the story die after 1-2 expansions. Every expansion creates new stories, new villains, new possibilities. No one as far as I'm aware is fond of the new Cata zones. A new Azeroth isn't so far fetched and can be done at just about any time in the story. Perhaps the Void Lords send new or more developed old gods our way. Maybe some Old God's have infected non-world soul planets and have raised advanced empires capable of invading Azeroth and securing the World Soul for the Void.

I'm glad you nay-sayers don't work for Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

There are no figures left. The story is hitting its ultimate climax. These are just undeniable facts considering the current expansion we are in and the player characters status level within the world.
    This is starting to bother me. The Climax is not the Burning Legion's defeat. Sure that's what we thought it was. But chronicle has opened that up with the Void Lords, the 'climax' now (if there is one in a constant, ever-expanding universe) is a war between Light and Shadow, as hinted at in the Anduin comic. A war that takes place a considerable amount of DECADES after the expansion YOU claim is a climax. A climax where we face entities NOT of the shadow but of the FEL. You aren't making any sense, you just wish that the game ended here but that is not the case. You seem to be in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by AmethystRockstar View Post
    The Void Lords do not exist in the physical universe. Even if they succeed in creating a Dark Titan, and we destroyed it, we have no reason to believe that it would in any way impact the ACTUAL Void Lords. It is reasonable to assume they would press forward on other world souls across the universe that they know about and we don't. Essentially making the Warcraft universe into a giant hunting ground for old gods and void corruption. A hunt formerly carried out by Sargeras, whom many believe to be the end boss of this expansion.

AND we have Azshara/N'zoth to worry about

AND who knows wtf Wrathion is up to

AND let's not underestimate the fucking Lich King please, particularly in a world weakened or under attack by demons and old gods

AND we still don't know that Sargeras will make an appearance let alone DIE in legion. I'll remind everyone we don't know how well we stand up against Titans, and Sargeras wiped out the entire Pantheon, and has been depicted to destroy planets with a single blow.

AND as mentioned before this shit makes alot of money, they wont just let the story die after 1-2 expansions. Every expansion creates new stories, new villains, new possibilities. No one as far as I'm aware is fond of the new Cata zones. A new Azeroth isn't so far fetched and can be done at just about any time in the story. Perhaps the Void Lords send new or more developed old gods our way. Maybe some Old God's have infected non-world soul planets and have raised advanced empires capable of invading Azeroth and securing the World Soul for the Void.

I'm glad you nay-sayers don't work for Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

This is starting to bother me. The Climax is not the Burning Legion's defeat. Sure that's what we thought it was. But chronicle has opened that up with the Void Lords, the 'climax' now (if there is one in a constant, ever-expanding universe) is a war between Light and Shadow, as hinted at in the Anduin comic. A war that takes place a considerable amount of DECADES after the expansion YOU claim is a climax. A climax where we face entities NOT of the shadow but of the FEL. You aren't making any sense, you just wish that the game ended here but that is not the case. You seem to be in denial.
    It's safe and best to assume Azeroth is the last and most important world soul of note. So frankly further WS speculation is irrelevant.

Oh the Burning Legions destruction most definetly is a huge climax don't try to spin it. You can't diminish someones destruction when they were the pinnacle since the games inception.

The game after their destruction will rapdily head towards it finale with the last 1 -2 expacs.

Bolvar is a fucking nobody he deserves to be underestimated because he cant fucking do anything and is of no significant threat to anyone.

it's never going to happen. Unless you want to worst most forced villan of all time.

in the end though you say the same stupid shit

RETURN OF THE LICH KING!!! BUT NOT THE LICH KINGS THAT ACTUALLY DID STUFF!

or Hurrr money

everything going on in the game and the writing says otherwise. get pissed of you have to

So lets get this straight

Legion destroyed
    8.0 hits will kill Azshara and the last old god nzoth
    9.0 hits? what then?

What then?

oh right nothing. We either go to the Void in 8.3 or in 9.0 then game over
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 08:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the story will end.

Tell me what story they will use after Azshara, N'zoth and the Void once the Legion and Sargeras is destroyed / made into a Void Lord Dark Titan.

Also MoP used a Horde / Allaince War instigated by a Villan built up over 3 Expansions and iconic because he was the son of GROM.

MoP ALSO used one of the four Old gods.

Sorry MoP used very iconic but unnamed Villans.

We aren't building up a Garrosh right now. They are very clearly pushing Azshara and N'zoth hard this expac and they are the final 2 left.
    You realize Blizzard can always make up new story right?

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Still doesn't change the fact that it was made up as they went along writing the story for WII,WII:BtDP,WIII:RoC and WIII:TFT.

You are truly so blind as to assume nothing, even the RTS sequels, were made up following the success of the original.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Retcon_speculation for referance to your supposed 'continuity'
    everything h as been pretty well cemented for the past decade story wise.

You're wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Except they havn't and currently aren't

they are racing towards the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Don't bother arguing with him. He is either dense beyond belief, or a 2/10 troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Actually finding out there is another world soul, especially if we kill Sargeras, is momentously important. Without the Legion to stop World Souls from being corrupted and with no Titans around until Azeroth wakes up, we would have to keep watch. And if we actually found a world soul with old gods on it, we would have to drop what we are doing on Azeroth and go kick their asses. The simple thing is, however much we hate the Legion, we kind of "needed them on that wall"
    There isn't going to be another World soul.

Chronicle would of mentioned it. Thus it's not there and we aren't going space seafaring looking for one.