Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    That the game is subpar at best, literally the only positive thing I can say about it at this point is the soul system is pretty neat.

The rest is subpar garbage, also the way the community managers etc. Handle criticism is childish at best. While not a part of the game it is a reason why I won't be giving Trion any more of my money.
    I use to say it was one of the best, if not THE best f2p mmorpg on the market, not anymore. Nowadays there are far better f2p games which actually try on their updates.

The RIFT team basically hate criticism, even if it is constructive, the devs will claim it as being not so.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I use to say it was one of the best, if not THE best f2p mmorpg on the market, not anymore. Nowadays there are far better f2p games which actually try on their updates.

The RIFT team basically hate criticism, even if it is constructive, the devs will claim it as being not so.
    I liked rift when it first came out and I also liked Storm Legion but after it went free to play it slowly went down the shitter, now it is essentially a hollow shell of it former self.

yup, what donaldo hellscream said ( cool name btw, funny XD ), i find the game boring now......

CURRENT hmm

4.1 seems to make that list, not enough of a major patch after the disaster of a launch
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    Really to echo how disappointed I am with the state of the game. From what Trion and Rift was its a huge fall and personally i'm gutted by it as i advocated them as a shining light at the games launch. Its state now is a shell of its former self and one i don't recognise, just a shame really.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    It's an honest shame to see what RIFT has become since its 'vanilla' days to be honest. I personally considered it the 'WoW killer' or at the very least, it's best competition to date. The continued direction it's taken since it's release and over the years is sad to see. Even though I haven't played it for a little while now, I always seem to end up checking out the news and recent updates for the game, despite me not coming back; almost as if I have high hopes it'll get better.

Anyways, to be more OT -
    - The 64 bit upgrade made an improvement for me, but still performs very poorly in most areas still.
    - The art style seems to continually be dull and 'samey'
    - Animations could do with a bit of a rework
    - The RNG boxes and snakey money sinks.
    If you want a serious contender for competition to WoW, look no further than Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn. It's still sub-based, after several years, and its third expansion is coming.

Does that tell ya anything?

- - - Updated - - -

I just logged into the game after downloading a massive update, expansion, if you will... and I went to try and teleport from the Steppes of Infinity to Iron Pine Peak... And here you have it, a reason this game needs to be allowed to die, gracefully. Trion are pulling this one along, like doctors/family keeping a coma patient alive, even though someone actually came back from the future and told them the patient ultimately dies, and the best thing to do is let the person go gracefully, instead of keeping them in a vegetative state until their ultimate, painful-to-watch, demise. Trion really needs to just let Rift go.

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Trion should let a game they make profit on "die"? Abandoning the players that do want to play and are currently enjoying the game? Really graceful.

Because, of course, no player paying for their Patron or buying Rex currently deserves to enjoy the game. Oh I forgot, naturally, no one is buying anything in the game because... well, some dudes on the internet guessed no one is spending money on this game.

Totally plausible.

Criticism? ITS NOT ON CONSOLE YET! haha.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

Trion really needs to just let Rift go.
    But they have been doing that since T2 Nightmare Tide. When they released 2 rehashed raids, I thought to myself, well, they lack money. And they either intend to spend it on something big (MoM) or they intend to milk out the playerbase from now on until the game dies. And the latter happened. The "no tricks no traps pay for free" game turned into a heavily paywall game and they banned every single one of us who brought any sort of criticism on the forums. Not only MoM was a rushed bugfest, as I knew it would be, the milking went to exactly where I thought it would. They even started to gate previous f2p content behind patron "because we need the money". I called this out, people called me a hater. So I left with MoM. Do I feel happy that I was completely right? No. Because it was the best f2p game I've ever played.