Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So orcs are descendants of titan creations, the same as humans and dwarves. Cool.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys what is going on in the thre...

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Bolvar is a fucking nobody and would die FAST if he made an offensive against the armies of Azeroth. Your fanfiction shit wont happen.

We wont go visit northrend for an expansion in the same zones ALL AGAIn just to raid ICC AGAIN and kill Bolvar and all our DeathKihgt Guildmates.

It won't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

What you mean using nothing but iconic locations and Villans established prior to WoW to drive 90% of the story Forward?

Benedictus had a Novel before he went bad btw. and they used him in a VERY minor insignificant wasteful role.
    Did I ever claim any of this about Bolvar? Or did I state he has an artifact of IMMENSE power? You aren't really taking on anyone's arguements as much as twisting them and repeating your BS "THE GAME IS OVER AFTER LEGION" argument that has no basis. You have yet to explain what the Grand Army of Light's purpose is, if Sargeras is dead and the Warcraft story is over.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So orcs are descendants of titan creations, the same as humans and dwarves. Cool.
    Fighting old godesq plant mountains instead of old gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    That's honestly the funniest thing you've said in this topic.
    If you think Blizzard have had a plan for their writing that stretched from Vanilla up until now, with a timeline of two more expansions and then an ending, well... that just shows how useful your insight here is :P

Then again you also think that the only possible villains that could exist in four to five years are ones that already exist and have been foreshadowed in this expansion for some reason so it's not like it's that illuminating.
    Nope but they have had iconic villans places and factions

You know what other MMOs lack?

Iconic Villans that have existed for 2+ decades

just fucking random dude coolguy.

So they flouder because no one gives a fuck. I mean lets be honest. Legion is a hit because of the Theme.

It's a hit because we are fighting the fucking burning legion, WIth Illidan, and then going to Argus,

That is the draw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AmethystRockstar View Post
    Did I ever claim any of this about Bolvar? Or did I state he has an artifact of IMMENSE power? You aren't really taking on anyone's arguements as much as twisting them and repeating your BS "THE GAME IS OVER AFTER LEGION" argument that has no basis. You have yet to explain what the Grand Army of Light's purpose is, if Sargeras is dead and the Warcraft story is over.
    Their purpose is exactly that Destorying the legion and the void.

they have been trying to do it for millenia.

and now the long fought battle against the legion is about to end. permanently.

Deleted
    everything h as been pretty well cemented for the past decade story wise.

You're wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Except they havn't and currently aren't

they are racing towards the end.
    Hahahahahahahhaaha

No it hasn't.

Grow up.

I present actual evidence that your shortsighted view on the matter is simply wrong. You put your fingers in your ears and yell 'lalalala can't hear you'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Fighting old godesq plant mountains instead of old gods.
    Orcs have faught them both now. Now I imagine the orc and human in the pandaria opening, the orc slapping the human on the back yelling out "BROTHER!".
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    What you mean using nothing but iconic locations and Villans established prior to WoW to drive 90% of the story Forward?

Benedictus had a Novel before he went bad btw. and they used him in a VERY minor insignificant wasteful role.

Malygos was iconic and already existed. I don't think you are capable of understanding the topic.
    I don't give a fuck how they used Benedictus. You made a case about villains being "worked on" on live, and I called you out on that not being the case.

Anything post WC3 has been made up. Hell, WC3 doubled the Warcraft lore at the time. If Blizzard can make up new lore post WC2, then they can make up new lore post Legion. And that's what's ends this debate before it even starts. Your claim that Blizzard is running out of story is contrary to Blizzard making shit up for the last decade.

Deleted

So they flouder because no one gives a fuck. I mean lets be honest. Legion is a hit because of the Theme.

It's a hit because we are fighting the fucking burning legion, WIth Illidan, and then going to Argus,

That is the draw.
    What about Lei Shen? Dude was developed and killed in the expansion he was introduced yet people love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    There's nothing bad about it, but it's not how MMOs work.
    This isn't a game with a beginning and ending, it's an episodic serial. That's the MMO model.
    I'm not saying it won't become watered down, it's quite likely. I like this expansion a lot but just the last one had terrible macro-level writing.

That doesn't mean you're not in denial if you think they'd ever stop making more WoW when they could turn a profit by doing so.
    Yes it actually does have an ending.

we are about to get a major plot ending this expansion. just like the ending to the Arthas storyline back in 2009

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Hey guys what is going on in the thre...

Thnx to Anaxie, can we have the mods close this?

Where's Darsithis when u need him? He's always around being a total buzzkill but when he's actually needed...

Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post
    What about Lei Shen? Dude was developed and killed in the expansion he was introduced yet people love him.
    and chronicle fleshed him out. he had the power of on of the Pantheon titans and held a watcher captive.

Safe to say another guy on the caliber of Lei Shens power is not going to exist.

why? because chronicle II is about out and is already covering lore up to the 2nd war. thats why.

That is the draw.

- - - Updated - - -

Their purpose is exactly that Destorying the legion and the void.

they have been trying to do it for millenia.

and now the long fought battle against the legion is about to end. permanently.
    I'm sorry but what about the Void? You say it's purpose destroying the legion and the void and we are about to fight the legion. Not the void. The void and the legion are infact, at odds with eachother, something the PC doesn't actually know yet. But you insist on claiming to know exactly how legion ends. And your earlier claim that Anduin ages during Space Travel is a laughable excuse for an argument against something that blows a huge hole right through your case. Whether you like the stories to come or not, they are coming. And wow does not end when Sargeras is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I don't give a fuck how they used Benedictus. You made a case about villains being "worked on" on live, and I called you out on that not being the case.

Anything post WC3 has been made up. Hell, WC3 doubled the Warcraft lore at the time. If Blizzard can make up new lore post WC2, then they can make up new lore post Legion. And that's what's ends this debate before it even starts. Your claim that Blizzard is running out of story is contrary to Blizzard making shit up for the last decade.
    it's too far along now especially with the Legion being destroyed and the revelation of the Void Lords and them pushing the 2 characters HARD for next expansion.

where do we go if Void is the only threat left and they are OBVIOUSLY having us go after N'zoth next expac?

You don't stop and pick flowers the expansion after. WIth the Legion dead and the last old god dead you go for the head. YOu don't go fucking tra la la la la la and have another horde and alliance war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AmethystRockstar View Post
    I'm sorry but what about the Void? You say it's purpose destroying the legion and the void and we are about to fight the legion. Not the void. The void and the legion are infact, at odds with eachother, something the PC doesn't actually know yet. But you insist on claiming to know exactly how legion ends. And your earlier claim that Anduin ages during Space Travel is a laughable excuse for an argument against something that blows a huge hole right through your case. Whether you like the stories to come or not, they are coming. And wow does not end when Sargeras is dead.
    The Army of Light opposes both. You ignorant?

YOu know who knows the legion and void hate eachother?

THe Army of Light lead by fucking NARRU
    The player character who interacts with ILLIDAN

The Old Gods as we know them now didn't even exist prior to WoW.
    In WCIII (where they were first introduced!) they were just big lumps that lived under Northrend and Arthas killed one on his own. When Deathwing was first introduced in Warcraft II, he was just evil because he was an asshole, not because of any eldritch inspiration.

The "iconic" villains that form one arm of Anaxie's proposed "two villains" plan didn't exist until Ahn'Qiraj and arguably even then barely had any lore until Wrath of the Lich King (at which point we still didn't even know how many there were). Their full motivations, goals, and masters were only revealed in a book that launched pretty close to the current expansion.
    But he still expects us to believe that the only material that will be used from now on is going to be stuff we can see in the game today.

10+ Year Old Account

I am going to tell you how you are wrong.

WC3 was released on 2002 and introduced two of Warcraft's most iconic characters, Arthas and Illidan.

The Burning Crusade was released on 2007, and Illidan was killed within 5 years of his introduction.

Wrath of the Lich King was released on 2008, and Arthas was killed within 6 years of his introduction.

Deathwing was introduced in WC2, released on 1995. Cataclysm was released on 2010 and Deathwing was killed, 15 years after his introduction.

Three of Warcraft's most iconic villains, none of them over 20+ years.

it's too far along now especially with the Legion being destroyed and the revelation of the Void Lords and them pushing the 2 characters HARD for next expansion.

where do we go if Void is the only threat left and they are OBVIOUSLY having us go after N'zoth next expac?

You don't stop and pick flowers the expansion after. WIth the Legion dead and the last old god dead you go for the head. YOu don't go fucking tra la la la la la and have another horde and alliance war.

- - - Updated - - -

YOu know who knows the legion and void hate eachother?

THe Army of Light lead by fucking NARRU
    The player character who interacts with ILLIDAN
    No WoW doesn't end when Sargeras is dead

it ends when all the villans are dead.

and after the next expansion thats what happened. all the villans are gone.

Yet another one that thinks that WoW will be over some time soon (sighs).

It's so easy to see that WoW will be getting new expansions as long as its profitable (which will be for a long time unless something goes really bad), that I cannot comprehend why some people cannot see this fact.

But here is a quote to help the cause:

- If you have a Chronicles book near, grab it, open it, and read Metzen quote: ''an even in the face of all this...history...I'm fairly certain that the adventure is only just beginning¡''

Yes, Warcraft universe is enormous, and they will keep adding whatever content they want, they can create lore from nowhere if they want.

BTW, Sargeras is NOT going to die in Legion, he might be defeated, but IMO, there is 0 chance that we are going to deal for him for good, because it doesn't make sense to me that they built this super villain for years, and suddenly, in his first apparition, we kill him for good, what a shitty villain I will say then.

Plus Blizzard always leaves a door open to bring any faction back:

- Scourge? Alive and well.
    - Black Dragons? Some still alive that might reproduct.
    - Infinite Dragonflight? Alive and well (plus we have to deal with Nozdormu yet).
    - Twilight Hammer? Alive and well.
    - Mantid and Mogu? Alive and rebuilding forces.
    - Old Gods? N'Zoth alive plus trillions more in other planets.
    - Void Lords? Alive and well.
    - Nagas? Alive and VERY well.
    - Alliance VS Horde war? Alive and well. If they don't have any cool ideas, they just have to make us fight again.
    - Burning Legion? You're wrong if you think that they'll done after this expansion.

Possible expansions? And I'm not going to talk about big baddies here, because they said that now is a moment to face great dangers, but that when they want they'll change to more relaxing expansions focused in exploration and adventure, and I wouldn't be surprised at all that they do that after Legion, because it seems to me that EVERYBODY is expecting an N'zoth and Azshara expansion and they might yet surprise us.

- Revamped -introduce continent/s-.
    - Underground Azeroth.
    - Islands and sea exploration expansion.
    - Other side of Azeroth expansion (yeah I saw the Chronicles map, but seeing that in Chronicles II they're only showing one continent of Draenor, it makes me believe that they may be others in Azeroth too).
    - Shadowlands expansion.
    - Visit -introduce planet-.

So as you see, if they want, expansions can be created, and as long as WoW is profitable, more expansion will be done.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

- - - Updated - - -

No you clearly just don't understand what I said.

I am going to tell you how you are wrong.

WC3 was released on 2002 and introduced two of Warcraft's most iconic characters, Arthas and Illidan.

The Burning Crusade was released on 2007, and Illidan was killed within 5 years of his introduction.

Wrath of the Lich King was released on 2008, and Arthas was killed within 6 years of his introduction.

Deathwing was introduced in WC2, released on 1995. Cataclysm was released on 2010 and Deathwing was killed, 15 years after his introduction.

Three of Warcraft's most iconic villains, none of them over 20+ years.
    Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, Sargeras, Ragnaros, Al'Akir, Cho'gall, Sinestra, Kel'Thuzad, Anub'Arak, 4 Enigmatic old gods that have all been named, Xavius, Gul'dan, Blackhand, Azshara, Ticondrius, Mephistroth, Lady Vashj, Kael'thas

what I'm trying to say. is the backbone of the game is on iconic villans.

They are GONE SOON or revived and used once because a random alternative is fucking stupid.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 09:22 PM.