Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A new old god could land on Azeroth any time, there's never been any lore saying that they're the only ones in existence.
    I'd like to have an expansion where we need to kill one on the moon :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    it's too far along now especially with the Legion being destroyed and the revelation of the Void Lords and them pushing the 2 characters HARD for next expansion.

where do we go if Void is the only threat left and they are OBVIOUSLY having us go after N'zoth next expac?

You don't stop and pick flowers the expansion after. WIth the Legion dead and the last old god dead you go for the head. YOu don't go fucking tra la la la la la and have another horde and alliance war.
    And this is what you keep failing to grasp. Blizzard will just make up new lore, like how they've always done. Your claims that they aren't going to is pure conjecture if you can't provide sources to confirm it.

Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, Sargeras, Ragnaros, Al'Akir, Cho'gall, Sinestra, Kel'Thuzad, Anub'Arak, 4 Enigmatic old gods that have all been named, Xavius, Gul'dan, Blackhand, Azshara
    Ragnaros: Invented in WoW.
    Al'Akir: Invented in WoW.
    Sinestra: Invented in WoW.
    4 named old gods: Invented in WoW.
    Xavius: Invented in WoW.
    Archimonde: Invented in WCIII.
    Kil'Jaeden: Invented in WCIII.
    Kel'Thuzad: Invented in WCIII.
    Anub'Arak: Invented in WCIII.

It hasn't been 20 years since Warcraft 3.

How are these examples of characters that are more than two decades old?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Yet another one that thinks that WoW will be over some time soon (sighs).

It's so easy to see that WoW will be getting new expansions as long as its profitable (which will be for a long time unless something goes really bad), that I cannot comprehend why some people cannot see this fact.

But here is a quote to help the cause:

- If you have a Chronicles book near, grab it, open it, and read Metzen quote: ''an even in the face of all this...history...I'm fairly certain that the adventure is only just beginning¡''

Yes, Warcraft universe is enormous, and they will keep adding whatever content they want, they can create lore from nowhere if they want.

BTW, Sargeras is NOT going to die in Legion, he might be defeated, but IMO, there is 0 chance that we are going to deal for him for good, because it doesn't make sense to me that they built this super villain for years, and suddenly, in his first apparition, we kill him for good, what a shitty villain I will say then.

Plus Blizzard always leaves a door open to bring any faction back:

- Scourge? Alive and well.
    - Black Dragons? Some still alive that might reproduct.
    - Infinite Dragonflight? Alive and well (plus we have to deal with Nozdormu yet).
    - Twilight Hammer? Alive and well.
    - Mantid and Mogu? Alive and rebuilding forces.
    - Old Gods? N'Zoth alive plus trillions more in other planets.
    - Void Lords? Alive and well.
    - Nagas? Alive and VERY well.
    - Alliance VS Horde war? Alive and well. If they don't have any cool ideas, they just have to make us fight again.
    - Burning Legion? You're wrong if you think that they'll done after this expansion.

Possible expansions? And I'm not going to talk about big baddies here, because they said that now is a moment to face great dangers, but that when they want they'll change to more relaxing expansions focused in exploration and adventure, and I wouldn't be surprised at all that they do that after Legion, because it seems to me that EVERYBODY is expecting an N'zoth and Azshara expansion and they might yet surprise us.

- Revamped -introduce continent/s-.
    - Underground Azeroth.
    - Islands and sea exploration expansion.
    - Other side of Azeroth expansion (yeah I saw the Chronicles map, but seeing that in Chronicles II they're only showing one continent of Draenor, it makes me believe that they may be others in Azeroth too).
    - Shadowlands expansion.
    - Visit -introduce planet-.

So as you see, if they want, expansions can be created, and as long as WoW is profitable, more expansion will be done.
    lol spoken like someone who knows jack shit about lore and villans faction command structures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post

LOL

Ragnaros and Al'akir existed pre WoW. GJ pal

Xavius? Pre WoW'

The Idea of a number of Old Gods and the Faceless ones? Pre WoW

What i'm trying to say is you proved you have no fucking clue whats going on.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-02-19 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, Sargeras, Ragnaros, Al'Akir, Cho'gall, Sinestra, Kel'Thuzad, Anub'Arak, 4 Enigmatic old gods that have all been named, Xavius, Gul'dan, Blackhand, Azshara, Ticondrius, Mephistroth, Lady Vashj, Kael'thas

what I'm trying to say. is the backbone of the game is on iconic villans.

They are GONE SOON or revived and used once because a random alternative is fucking stupid.
    Then you should stop playing, because that's how this game works and half those Characters could be revived in a way millions of other people are stoked on. And blizzard won't give a shit what you think about it.

While I do believe there are probably only 2 proper wow expacs left, I don't think it will end. 2 expacs to finish the main story, then perhaps some just for fun content dumps after that.

I wouldn't mind an expac that took us back to the large open not-following-along-with-the-exact-story-blizzard-is-trying-to-tell adventure that vanilla gave us. I enjoyed being "an adventurer".

lol spoken like someone who knows jack shit about lore and villans faction command structures.
    Well why don't you explain to us then. I'd love to hear about how the Cult of the Damned had way more to do with the rise and structure of the scourge than the Helm of Domination. Just foolish baseless arguements out of you huh?

I'd also like to mention the KT is still out there.
    Last edited by AmethystRockstar; 2017-02-19 at 09:31 PM.

Ragnaros and Al'akir existed pre WoW. GJ pal

Xavius? Pre WoW
    The only things they were in pre-WoW were instruction booklets, if even that.
    Hell Xavius wasn't in any game at all until Legion, he was a footnote of backstory. He was written into a book in 2004 and wasn't important enough to ever actually put into the game after that. Hardly a beloved, two-decade old character :V

And how about all of those other ones? How are they two decades old?

Most of the most beloved characters of the franchise are less than the ridiculous figure you stated, and more than half of them didn't exist before this game.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2017-02-19 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Thank you. I saw that list and wanted to give up.

One correction though. Kil'jaede was first mentioned either in WC1 or WC2, not sure about Archimonde.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more these retcons and chronicles keep spewing forth make me hate warlords of draenor and the burning crusade even more! Hells bells man! every chance blizzard had making this wonderous enigma worthwhile has been fornicated.

Deleted
    and chronicle fleshed him out. he had the power of on of the Pantheon titans and held a watcher captive.

Safe to say another guy on the caliber of Lei Shens power is not going to exist.

why? because chronicle II is about out and is already covering lore up to the 2nd war. thats why.
    There is so much wrong in your comment.

First of all, Lei Shen was liked before Chronicle was published

Second, what the fuck does power level have anything to do with how the story develops? We got Garrosh right after Deatwing for fuck's sake.

And third, even if mattered, why must said villain have to have gotten his powers in the past? There are so many ways to power someone up or introduce someone really powerful. Why even limit yourself to Azeroth? We can go back to Draenor or to different, new worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    And this is what you keep failing to grasp. Blizzard will just make up new lore, like how they've always done. Your claims that they aren't going to is pure conjecture if you can't provide sources to confirm it.
    New lore

Thats why we are on the broken Isles chasing Gul'Dan

Then Going to the Tomb of Sargeras with Maeiv , Illidan , and Khadgar to destroy Kil'jaeden

And then Going to Argus the Legions capital to destory it and Sargeras.

Yes WoW doesn't use iconic locations and villans / heroes a crutch

You must be fucking high

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post

Second, what the fuck does power level have anything to do with how the story develops? We got Garrosh right after Deatwing for fuck's sake.

And third, even if mattered, why must said villain have to have gotten his powers in the past? There are so many ways to power someone up or introduce someone really powerful. Why even limit yourself to Azeroth? We can go back to Draenor or to different, new worlds.
    Garrosh's main drivin gpoint was sucking up the essence of the 4th and final old god.

its important you shut the fuck up and hear the important part.

4th OLD GOD

Its not about power in past its about prestablished villans or long built up villans like for instance N'zoth!

There are NO villans bieng built up right now.

There are NO prestablished villans left in the game.

There is literally nothing. and its obvious to anyone playing the game from all the hints and stuff being dropped N'zoth and Azshara are next.

Theres no one left no one being made or built up now. thats it! them and Void Lords.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-19 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post

BECAUSE YOU INTERPRET WOW WRONG GUY. The whole game is built around defeating a set list of Villians and once thats over that's over. Sorry dude that's the way it is. (According to anaxie, and only anaxie.)

Garrosh's main drivin gpoint was sucking up the essence of the 4th and final old god.
    Ah yes, literally the last thing he did before dying and after he'd done absolutely everything that made him important to the story.
    This clearly was the defining moment of his character, as spoken by someone who absolutely has a firm and sensible grasp of lore and storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Thank you. I saw that list and wanted to give up.

One correction though. Kil'jaede was first mentioned either in WC1 or WC2, not sure about Archimonde.
    yeah and his list is also mostly wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    - Black Dragons? Some still alive that might reproduct.
    "some"

3 are still alive, all male.
    males need a female to reproduce you know.

and even if they didnt need a woman, the dragons are sterile since the fall of deathwing.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    New lore

Thats why we are on the broken Isles chasing Gul'Dan

Then Going to the Tomb of Sargeras with Maeiv , Illidan , and Khadgar to destroy Kil'jaeden

And then Going to Argus the Legions capital to destory it and Sargeras.

Yes WoW doesn't use iconic locations and villans / heroes a crutch

You must be fucking high

- - - Updated - - -

its important you shut the fuck up and hear the important part.

4th OLD GOD

Its not about power in past its about prestablished villans or long built up villans like for instance N'zoth!

There are NO villans bieng built up right now.

There are NO prestablished villans left in the game.

There is literally nothing. and its obvious to anyone playing the game from all the hints and stuff being dropped N'zoth and Azshara are next.

Theres no one left no one being made or built up now. thats it! them and Void Lords.
    MoP WoD. You are ignoring facts.

Ah yes, literally the last thing he did before dying and after he'd done absolutely everything that made him important to the story.
    This clearly was the defining moment of his character, as spoken by someone who absolutely has a firm and sensible grasp of lore and storytelling.
    well when your the son of grom and that makes you important and you get control of an entire faction and start Allaiance and Horde War #3 shit gives eventually. Then when you start using a Dead god then thats another thing.

yeah and his list is also mostly wrong.
    Yeah the way you said 3 out of 9 of them were wrong (incorrectly) totally pwned me good

3 out of 9 is most, right?

Let's not forget he recovers and goes on to start another expansion. Filled with characters not firmly established in the lore.