10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't have any plans to upgrade monitor. Only reason would be for giggles like a professional monitor, or until a new panel that meets my weird requirements come out. < that one hasn't really shown up yet. So far the only promising one is Panasonic's new IPS but that is going to be a while.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey assholes, @Remilia @Artorius!!!

Link me a nice, high quality color-calibrated monitor.

People have been starting to pay me for my photography, I really ought to have something a little better.

I've actually noticed that my Samsung curved 34" beaut, while great, doesn't actually have the same color on each side. It's subtly different with certain tones.

Of course one of the tones is skin color. -.- Like one half is cooler, one is warmer, basically.

While I'd love to go for a 4k monitor or even just a 1440p... I want decent quality but also not a terribly high price. I'd like to hear your suggestions, up to the $1,000 USD point. Higher resolution is always great, but not absolutely required.

Can order through Newegg, Amazon, Micro Center, Best Buy, and yeah.

Best Buy is preferred, as I can easily return because I'm an elite plus member *coughs* camera equipment... 45 day returns, at that!

If you suggest something higher price, I want mega good reasons, but really, realistically speaking, I want the price lower than $1,000. Does not need to be touch screen or any of that BS.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you can spare $400-500 extra, CG2420, that way you don't need to bother with a calibration device for the monthly calibration. May seem awkward, well, not really, but monitors do need to be recalibrated every once in a while.
    Otherwise CS2420, which is essentially a stripped down CG2420, sort of (not really). Panel difference in CG2420 is a 1500:1 contrast and it has what's presumably an A-TW Polarizer which reduces IPS glow, good for dark contents and such.

CS2420 still has good factory set up and still good for beginners really. Generally speaking a good colorimeter is about $200 or so, monitor being around $800-850 so it'd hit up to the $1k mark if you buy a colorimeter. Ignore spectrophotometer cause that'd take up your monitor budget to begin with.

http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test...zo-cs2420.html
    http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test...zo-cg2420.html

10+ Year Old Account
    @DeltrusDisc I'm not really that useful in recommending specific models so just go with whatever Remi tells you to and you should be more than fine
    I personally like the idea of getting a colorimeter, since you'll probably need it down the line (if you stay in the photography business) with different monitors when you decide to upgrade / your current/future one breaks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    @DeltrusDisc I'm not really that useful in recommending specific models so just go with whatever Remi tells you to and you should be more than fine
    We still confuse which of you is which. Its fine man(?).
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    We still confuse which of you is which. Its fine man(?).
    It's just that I'm not really in the market for prosumer color accurate monitors, I could probably answer if he had any doubts about the technologies themselves and about differences between models. But I don't really follow the market to know which model is the best in each price tag, I only remember a few bunch of extremely safe recommendations (Like the U2515H or the GW2765HT when people ask about QHD for example).

In his place I would probably just buy anything from Eizo and call it a day.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2017-02-12 at 06:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny enough prosumer market is the main reason I followed monitors at the start.

- - - Updated - - -

Epeen mode! First time to get rank 1 on one of these.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but all the cutesy voices make it so hard to take this seriously. =/

- - - Updated - - -

Have any of you ever turned your desk against the normal direction of facing a wall? I'm suggesting having one's back to the wall...

My inner interior-designer is trying to come out again and I want to rework my basement cave-dwelling once more... hmmm.

I must admit, it's nice having a solid, uh, 15 foot by 25 foot or so room to work with, though not all of it is completely accessible/usable, only two walls have outlets on them, and only one set of outlets each, so I am stuck to having my computer in one of two general locations. >_>
    "A flower.

The short story I've heard is generally that you don't want to have your back to the door. Not because of actual axe-murderers coming into your house, but just because of the feeling of paranoia when not seeing the doorway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    The short story I've heard is generally that you don't want to have your back to the door. Not because of actual axe-murderers coming into your house, but just because of the feeling of paranoia when not seeing the doorway.
    hehe axe-murderers. XD

I'd actually have more eyesight on the basement door if I moved my desk in the suggested way. :P
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    hehe axe-murderers. XD

I'd actually have more eyesight on the basement door if I moved my desk in the suggested way. :P
    Yeah, hide your axes or their heads will roll!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the real question is... would goddesses actually be that hypersexualized?
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh okay. /ten
    "A flower.

I mean, those depictions of goddesses are tame compared to some of the weird shit that pops up in real world religions. Like Cybele, the Goddess of Fertility. (I won't link to that.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I mean, those depictions of goddesses are tame compared to some of the weird shit that pops up in real world religions. Like Cybele, the Goddess of Fertility. (I won't link to that.)
    lol true true, however at least this is literally a goddess of fertility, not just any ol' goddess. :P
    "A flower.

I can't wait until there's a translation for the new nep game, sadly it won't be for awhile. That CE looks really nice, hopefully they do something similar when it comes over here, I just need some subs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    I can't wait until there's a translation for the new nep game, sadly it won't be for awhile. That CE looks really nice, hopefully they do something similar when it comes over here, I just need some subs!
    The one I got is the Famitsu DX pack, so it's not the same as the normal collector's edition. Normal collector / royal edition is just the art book, game, and music. Way cheaper but it doesn't have the 3D crystal, tapestry, poster, and acrylic... thing, lol. The latter two isn't in the picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    You yet live!

My MODI is going to the heavens with its forefathers.

Deciding between whether I should go MODI 2 Uber or upgrade all to the all-in-one Jotunheim... decisions decisions.

The right RCA out jack on my MODI makes tons of electrical noise and I can't jiggle it to go away anymore.

Atm, stereo out from PC to RCA jacks in the Asgard 2... I love hearing the electrical noise if I stress the computer's GPU, good thing I barely play any video games lately. XD

- - - Updated - - -

Some big changes are happening... sort of, in the Deltrus World.

"A flower.