Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That's just because of the massive content drought of the expansion prior. Legion is terrible in terms of replay ability and continuous play.

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    Better than getting killed by naked rogues for 2.5 expansions, though.
    You were getting killed by naked Subtlety Rogues in WoD?

No?

Then why was it necessary to gut that spec going from WoD to Legion? As well as every other class in this game?

If you're still salty about PvP class balance over a decade ago when World of Roguecraft was made then I don't know what to tell you.
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2017-02-19 at 08:27 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    lol you think I'm talking about balance? lol lol lol

the problem is not that classes aren't balanced, it's that they aren't FUN.

just smash your face into your 6 button dps rotation because that's all that's left after Blizzard decided to prune any button which might be too confusing for someone's FarmVille playing granny to handle.
    Yeah coz 12 buttons rotations are so much fun.

You were getting killed by naked Subtlety Rogues in WoD?

No?

Then why was it necessary to gut that spec going from WoD to Legion? As well as every other class in this game?

If you're still salty about PvP class balance over a decade ago when World of Roguecraft was made then I don't know what to tell you.
    They gutted all "unnecessarily complex" specs, and like in almost every expansion, they changed how classes/specs played.
    So.
    Yeah.
    Yeah we get you liked one iteration of a spec. Welcome to WoW, where 1.xx y is different from 2.xx y which is different from 3.xx y.
    And I aint salty, I had a rogue that I killed people naked with.

just smash your face into your 6 button dps rotation because that's all that's left after Blizzard decided to prune any button which might be too confusing for someone's FarmVille playing granny to handle.
    "Not fun" *Rogues can poison the shit outta people, and kill from behind*

Ahahaha....

I certainly share in the frustration of the OP. When I read Blizzard posts trying to explain why they implemented something and how it went wrong, I often ask myself if they have any ability to plan ahead at all, or have anybody working for them that has actually played games religiously like most of us probably have. In any case, having a weekly cap that increases linearly does in fact solve this particular problem, but creates new problems which, from Blizzard's money hungry point of view, are worse.

As pointed out by other posters, having a cap automatically makes you feel like you need to cap out each week. Typically in any system like this, you land up capping out in the first couple days of the week, and then you feel like you don't need to play at all. Spend enough time not playing and you switch to other games that are keeping your interest better and thus Blizzard loses a customer. Essentially you can still fall behind, but with enough work you can catch up exactly to where everyone else is. So then, as soon as the current content is finished, why not cancel your account for a month or two, and come back when there's something new to do? Again, Blizzard either loses subs, or has to create enough content which keeps people playing continuously. Essentially they have to lose money, or spend it.

Don't kid yourself, if you think Blizzard designs anything from the perspective of making the game fun and enjoyable, your hilariously confused. It's all about money for them. The only design Blizzard cares about now is what keeps a person playing the most consistently, over the longest period of time. Is Legion bad? No, not really, but it isn't amazing either. What most people are ignoring is the overwhelming usage of time-gating in this expansion, along with far better executed staging of events. There isn't even that much more content than previous expansions, but when you time-gate it, and deliver it at a staggered pace, suddenly the game seems interesting for months and months. Again, this is Blizzard's newly discovered way of making more money for less work. They did it well in Legion, and many people have fallen for the magic trick. These strategies would have made any expansion better, even WoD.

I was thinking to myself, as I was looking through my toy collection, closing in on 300 for the mount... Why is it a recolored version of the craftable engineering mount from 2 expansions ago that everyone already has? Shouldn't it have been obvious to anyone with any design sense at all that an appropriate mount would have been an enlarged colorful chu chu train? It could have had an extra car in the back to carry passengers and stuff, and made the same train noise when you jumped. But again, that takes time for someone to do, and time is money. Recoloring an existing mount is 30 seconds of work. It's all about the money.
    Last edited by Hackmeoff; 2017-02-19 at 08:52 PM.

OP, I wanted to take the time to let you know that your thread is ridiculous and embarrassing.

Just make a cap, and a catchup mechanic. Like the conquest system, except on par instead of less. Was that really that hard to come up with?
    That being said I partly like the system. But mostly detest it, as a high end raider, you can't just log in for the raids and do top dmg anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragas View Post
    That being said, Legion is good, but I agree with AP being trash (don't have a plan for how I would've "done better", sorry); it seems that if you get left behind, you stay left behind -- at least in my experience.
    Problem is, caps don't really solve that problem, if anything it actually makes it worse because you don't have the ability to play more, or do anything extra to gain on anything. Once you hit that hard cap you are done, and everyone else is hitting that hard cap as well, so you aren't gaining a thing.

What it boils down too is they basically had a choice, cap it, just like they did Valor and have the same pitfalls you had with that system or leave it open ended and make the grind a bit more overwhelming to discourage people from doing it.With the cap. people log in, knock it out and don't log in for the rest of the week except to do their raids. It made for a situation where if you couldn't get done by Thursday, you were in for long queue times or some really bad players to play with. It also left you basically perma behind if you missed a week, you simply couldn't get that back. It also left one heck of a dead game world after a while. The other has the downside that you know the ultra hardcore are going to be pressing every ounce they can stand in a week, and it probably makes some others think they need to do the same as well.

I don't really know what the solution is, although apparently they are at least trying to figure it out. Personally, one of the biggest mistakes they made was when they started trying to cut time investment out as well as essentially trying to save the players from themselves. You can look back at many of the design decisions they made in the " bad" expansions, and it is nothing more than a direct result of them trying to do that. They did it with Valor, and they did it with LFR, both resulting in bad results.

Frankly left to me, I'm designing the game essentially on curve, where stuff like this works best for the average player. If you feel like you need to grind it all out asap, have at it, but I'm not saving you from yourself. If you feel like you can't keep up, tough, that is the downside of playing a genre that requires a certain level of play time. In either case I think the biggest solution for most of the problems is for individuals to suck it up and realize that for the most part the problem isn't the system, it's them.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2017-02-19 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    B..but..but...that's what makes ret AMAZING!
    "I'm an LFR raider who can't think for myself so papa-blizzard autobubbles & autotrinkets for me and I love it"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Yeah coz 12 buttons rotations are so much fun.
    Not everything revolves around your PvE rotations. Why is this always the primary focus, every single time for you raiders? Do you not care about having fun abilities outside of doing damage? Do you not care about the identity of your class and the playstyles outside of "I'm a DPS / I'm a healer / I'm a tank"?

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    "I'm an LFR raider who can't think for myself so papa-blizzard autobubbles & autotrinkets for me and I love it"

- - - Updated - - -

Not everything revolves around your PvE rotations. Why is this always the primary focus, every single time for you raiders? Do you not care about having fun abilities outside of doing damage? Do you not care about the identity of your class and the playstyles outside of "I'm a DPS / I'm a healer / I'm a tank"?
    sentry totem was great, ya

sentry totem was great, ya
    Couldn't find a use for it? Don't bind it, simple.

What about Gouge, poisons, garrote, preparation etc for Rogues? We've had those for 12 years, and now all of a sudden we don't, cuz "class fantasy". What a crock of shit.

Couldn't find a use for it? Don't bind it, simple.

What about Gouge, poisons, garrote, preparation etc for Rogues? We've had those for 12 years, and now all of a sudden we don't, cuz "class fantasy". What a crock of shit.
    the only one you don't have right now is prep, because it was stupid strong, like most rogue abilities.
    but you play a rogue you wouldn't know what balance is if someone bludgeoned you to death with it

sorry you cant cc people for an hour in every spec dude, game must be broken

When the fuck has the game ever had more than ~4-5 button rotations though?

When did that meme start and where is it coming from?

Its funny seeing all these "this is mandatory" etc crap going on. Nothing in this game is mandatory nor is it made mandatory by Blizzard. Never at any point at blizzcon did they say you have to have 54+ traits in your artifact or that you have to have the 2 BiS legendaries on your character to raid. I mean I've watched it multiple times and its never once brought up. That is the stupid community deciding that such needs to be done. What I do remember them saying is that our artifacts will last the expansion and be consistently leveled up through said expansion. For some stupid reason all people heard out of that is I must have my artifact maxxed out ASAP to be relevant when you don't and you shouldn't have to. The community needs to quit putting this stupid min/max caps on everything and just play the damn game. Legion is a great expansion if you just play it to have fun!!! If you try to zerg through and max out your artifact for current level then yes, it starts to suck. But once again there was never at any point said that you must do this!! Quit with the retarded you must this you must that to be the uber best whatever spec/class you are and just play the damn game..... It'll be so much more enjoyable.

the only one you don't have right now is prep, because it was stupid strong, like most rogue abilities.
    but you play a rogue you wouldn't know what balance is if someone bludgeoned you to death with it

sorry you cant cc people for an hour in every spec dude, game must be broken
    Subtlety doesn't have any of them anymore.

Gameplay puts me to sleep due to the lack of diversity in classes toolkits, "balance" isn't any better due to the prune, all it did was remove the fun of it, this goes for every class, I don't only play Rogue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    When the fuck has the game ever had more than ~4-5 button rotations though?

When did that meme start and where is it coming from?
    You think he's only talking about rotations? He isn't.

Legion was never going to be good. Blizzard only makes poor products these days anyhow.

Subtlety doesn't have any of them anymore.

Gameplay puts me to sleep due to the lack of diversity in classes toolkits, "balance" isn't any better due to the prune, all it did was remove the fun of it, this goes for every class, I don't only play Rogue.

- - - Updated - - -

You think he's only talking about rotations? He isn't.
    His comment LITERALLY talks about rotations though, so I don't see your point.

7+ Year Old Account
    AP is not as easy as you think. Sure you might be able to "fix" the AP grinding, but it comes at the cost of making AP either extremly boring to a point of pain or where it becomes a thing, that the casual playerbase hate.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

If Legion is so bad why are loads of people playing it?