10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    No he said that they're revamping it so at 70 you'll have roughly the same amount of buttons as you have now...and what we have now is level 60.
    Right that's what I meant.

It was a typo, it is now corrected.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2017-02-19 at 11:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Has anyone received their Wind-up Yuna or the outfit yet? FanFest is officially over and I managed to wear out the Reward Delivery Request button already...Or maybe I missed crucial information regarding the items?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Has anyone received their Wind-up Yuna or the outfit yet? FanFest is officially over and I managed to wear out the Reward Delivery Request button already...Or maybe I missed crucial information regarding the items?
    "Items are planned to be distributed via Mog Letter starting from February 20, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. (GMT)."

https://support.eu.square-enix.com/f...la=2&kid=65794

Outfit vendor will be added on 28th along with Patch 3.55a.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    "Items are planned to be distributed via Mog Letter starting from February 20, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. (GMT)."

https://support.eu.square-enix.com/f...la=2&kid=65794

Outfit vendor will be added on 28th along with Patch 3.55a.
    Gotcha. Garo gear being reobtainable from an NPC, does that mean the event will be over or is it a permanent thing? I mean it IS the final tier of PvP gear and I can't even equip all the sets (due not having all Jobs at 60) to obtain the titles and other achievement rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I am going to have difficulty picking which one to do first. Pretty sure I'll pick em both up and then just stick to whichever feels better to me AND has the better story. Honestly, many of the class stories turned me away, or pushed that class farther down my priority list when they were lackluster. If the class is both fun to play and has a good story...bonus points and there's my new "main."

Regardless, hyped about Stormblood now more than ever.
    I hope the class stories get love, some like WHM were trash in HW.

As for SB i preordered a PS4 digital collectors edition preload so i'll use the early access days to level RDM and decide at retail launch if i like it enough to main over NIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotcha. Garo gear being reobtainable from an NPC, does that mean the event will be over or is it a permanent thing? I mean it IS the final tier of PvP gear and I can't even equip all the sets (due not having all Jobs at 60) to obtain the titles and other achievement rewards.
    It's temporary event, tho.. a long one. What I have heard, it'll last even after Stormblood release, but ending date isn't known.

15+ Year Old Account
    Garo is going to last for atleast 6 months iirc. We know for sure it is going to be around longer than Yokai Watch's event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already got one SAM and one RDM in static, so at most I'll be able to play them as alt jobs.

No just means you can buy it, scrap it and get it whenever on the salvager to save space.

- - - Updated - - -

WELP
    -last week friend tells me to turn dungeon drops into seals to turn into arache webs that sell for 80k each
    -mr happy mentions it on his podcast
    -server price at 20k and dropping as the markets flooded by people putting up half a stack at once

aaaaand crashed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Expect? like its not happening now? 99 times out of 100 a shit player has some name including "uchiha" "dragneel" "kirito" "heartfilia" "erza" "stark" "danaerys" or the like and when they arent its just the usal chunni as fuck "darklady" or "silverwolf" early 90's bbs username cliches. The cringe weebs have been in the game writing horrible macros since day one.

Case in point, you think this guy isn't writing his zaraki kenpachi ken sama bullshit macros right now?
    One reason I changed my name from Dragneel for awhile. And honestly I just like the surname dropped fairy tail ages ago

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh it'll be Red Mage for me hands down. Story could be trash I'd still play it. First time I played a Red Mage was in 5 and since then I've been in love with it. Of course the MMO one differs a little from the single player ones but I just love the job in general.
    this is how i'll be with samurai. luckily it shares MNK gear which i'm already raiding as in my static.

Meanwhile I'm just sat here with crappy names I use from Everquest and Dark Age of Camelot

Although to be fair only the first names come from Everquest or DAoC. Surnames I usually make up or use FF ones like "Klauser"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    I like the combos. Dislike how every class in WoW devolved into spamming a filler and pressing other abilities when they light up.
    Umm... the combos ARE your filler. The only difference is that SE makes you push 3 buttons for your filler instead of one. I'd be okay with combos on some classes, sure, why not. But all of the melee classes I've seen work that way (3 tanks, DRG, Monk (only 18 so that might change)), which is imho a bit lame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Meanwhile I'm just sat here with crappy names I use from Everquest and Dark Age of Camelot

Although to be fair only the first names come from Everquest or DAoC. Surnames I usually make up or use FF ones like "Klauser"
    I know the feeling. Been using Amestra ever since I made a female norse Berserker and randomed her name. Last name I've been using since 1998 from Ultima Online as the mage(or was it mage lord? meh) enemies had awesome names. Funnily enough my forum name is from those guys/gals too.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Umm... the combos ARE your filler. The only difference is that SE makes you push 3 buttons for your filler instead of one. I'd be okay with combos on some classes, sure, why not. But all of the melee classes I've seen work that way (3 tanks, DRG, Monk (only 18 so that might change)), which is imho a bit lame.
    big difference between having multiple chaining abilities/finishers and pressing 11111111 the majority of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    big difference between having multiple chaining abilities/finishers and pressing 11111111 the majority of the fight.
    If 1 and 2 are meaningless in both effects and damage done and only 3 is relevant, then I question why have 1 and 2 at all.
    It makes some sense with the monk dance if 1 is to be done from behind and 2 from the flank, but with DRG or the tanks aggro combo it is completely useless.

It's just buttons for the sake of buttons, and imho that is lame design.
    Don't get me wrong: I don't want a TBC destro lock either and I felt that lv 50 BLM was already way too much of a snooze fest, but some of the actions are so lame and meaningless that close to no one should ever miss them if SE streamlines some of the bloat.

Also: I want more differences between the classes. If Pally uses combos: okay, why not. Why do DRK and WAR have to have the same 3 step combo systems?

10+ Year Old Account
    If 1 and 2 are meaningless in both effects and damage done and only 3 is relevant, then I question why have 1 and 2 at all.
    It makes some sense with the monk dance if 1 is to be done from behind and 2 from the flank, but with DRG or the tanks aggro combo it is completely useless.

It's just buttons for the sake of buttons, and imho that is lame design.
    Don't get me wrong: I don't want a TBC destro lock either and I felt that lv 50 BLM was already way too much of a snooze fest, but some of the actions are so lame and meaningless that close to no one should ever miss them if SE streamlines some of the bloat.

Also: I want more differences between the classes. If Pally uses combos: okay, why not. Why do DRK and WAR have to have the same 3 step combo systems?

I can understand wanting differences in Melee DPS, I'm 100% fine with the three warrior combos, Block for raw damage and threat, Path for maintenance buff and mitigation and Eye for maitence buff, almost as much damage as block and the slashing resistance decrease debuff. I mean the only unmeaning full ability is Heavy swing, but all 4 of the other combo abilities have a place.

Heck out of the three tanks the combo paths I like the least is PLD :P but that's my personal preference.

However, I do admit I oppose most if not all change I'm very comfortable with the game right now, I actually 100% agree with you the every Melee (Other than MNK) working off the Combo system causes all the Melee to feel similar and heck below level.... 30ish they all play almost identical.

I can't offer any alternatives that I feel would work better though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Granyala , pressing 1-2-3 is no more engaging than pressing 1 three times. They could remove then and the gameplay wouldnt suffer for it.
    For example , im rarely using the emnity combo on DRK, the Effect could be baked into the Souleater combo. Or remove Hard Slash, and have Syphon Strike combo into one of three : Souleater for HP and Damage / Power Slash for Emnity / Delirium for Debuff. That would remove two useless buttons right there, Hard Slash and Spinning Slash.

Imo, thats fat that could be trimmed without compromising gameplay.

Class specific UIs?

Well that sounds awkward.
    Bummer to hear that they target the same number of actions classes have now, because imho some have way too damn much.
    I'd love to see the lame 1-2-3 combos go away. Useless button bloat, since you never really interrupt such a combo on purpose.
    The rhythmic nature of the 1-2-3 (though it's more like 1-2-4 then 1-3-5 then 1-3-4 in practice) is one of my favorite parts of the melee combat in this game. I'd rather not lose that because some mistakenly believe that only the last part of the combo is the useful part.

Besides, the ability bloat comes from all the cool down abilities and the necessary cross-class abilities. Remove those from the equation (for the purpose of discussing if there are too many abilities in a combo chain) for say Monk and including the situational aoe part of the combo you're looking at just 7 skills total...and somehow some people think that's too many, geez.
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2017-02-20 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    I agree with Granyala , pressing 1-2-3 is no more engaging than pressing 1 three times. They could remove then and the gameplay wouldnt suffer for it.
    For example , im rarely using the emnity combo on DRK, the Effect could be baked into the Souleater combo. Or remove Hard Slash, and have Syphon Strike combo into one of three : Souleater for HP and Damage / Power Slash for Emnity / Delirium for Debuff. That would remove two useless buttons right there, Hard Slash and Spinning Slash.

Imo, thats fat that could be trimmed without compromising gameplay.
    For me its the way it plays as much as the rotation. I see folks complain that they are a dps that has to move at times and that feels crazy to me. Things like NIN i enjoy because it feels fast as you are flipping around doing your combos and going into things like armor crush and trick attack. Part of why i was so bummed with BLM was because the rotation 'felt' boring even though its not really any worse than the others because you always feel like you are lagging behind the party movement wise and leylines just made it worse.