Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    You generally don't need to kill a boss or outgear it by 10-20 ilevels to know fire is bad. Also everyone around the person can see that person has fire before it is put down by about 3 seconds. If they don't move away from them they are just as bad.
    You greatly overestimate the quality of pugs
    Plus on guldan i can bet you people on this thread who fake achiev dont know that the fire debuff puts fire on nearby allies as well as under their own feet, and dont understand the concept of soaking souls and not afk inside the well // theres also the standard guys who get knocked off the platform
    Its honestly the first time ever i ask for curve in the pug groups i make because guldan is more of an anti idiot fight than a numbers fight

Quote Originally Posted by Lehaduhams View Post
    Plus on guldan i can bet you people on this thread who fake achiev dont know that the fire debuff puts fire on nearby allies as well as under their own feet, and dont understand the concept of soaking souls and not afk inside the well // theres also the standard guys who get knocked off the platform
    Its honestly the first time ever i ask for curve in the pug groups i make because guldan is more of an anti idiot fight than a numbers fight
    I was saying that people WITH the achievement would know that it puts a visual on the target. If people with it don't realize it then what is the point of requiring the achievement from anyone if no one will do the fight regardless?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    People who fake achievements deserve what they get - which is a leader who doesn't check, usually resulting in a raid that doesn't go very well.
    I feel an assumption is being made here, that most people who fake achievements are baddies. That isn't necessarily true. While not having faked an achievement myself I completely understand the reasoning to do so. Back when CM's were still timed runs & not what mythic+ is now, I often ran into the problem of widespread rediculous demands to get into most groups (after the first 1-2 weeks most pug groups were asking for full golds, which was extremely asinine since the content had barely been out & you would have needed to rush through the content & maximize your character to get to that full gold status). I gave up for many months until I knew that they were going to be removed at the end of the expansion and was able to get into groups much more easily and complete each CM on a few characters (sometimes ending up the highest dps in the group, sometimes in the middle, and sometimes 3rd). However, it was clear that I wasn't just being carried since the whole learning process from wipes/failed attempts happened normally and our groups in many ways cleared the run with mine (and everyone else's equal output).

Now, CM's are not raiding, but the general concept still applies. I could have used an achievement faker to get into groups when the majority created internal restrictions to participate, others probably did do this. I also could have been a 'bad' player who could have faked the achievement, yet I ended up greatly assisting my groups to clear the runs in time. My problem wasn't that I was bad, it was that I didn't gear up and maximize my toon(s) within the time frame that the first wave of players who got into that content did, thus those players created the notion that I must have been bad because I didn't have gold since I didn't accomplish what they had done in the time frame that they had did it.

Raiding and PvP suffer this exact same problem. Doing something later than the first people means that you are 'bad', and you get declined from most groups that you don't end up sucking up to create yourself (which is certainly one solution to the problem, I do admit), and in turn some of these players simply skip the stress of leading a group & just fake the achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    This is not on the rise.
    Its been a big thing since achievements existed. That have always been used to sneak into pugs.
    This. Spoofing achieves has been a thing since WotLK; a lot of players used it to get around hyper-inflated GearScore requirements and it's remained in use to get around hyper-inflated ilvl requirements. Just manually check achieves before letting them in, it takes a few seconds and you save time that would've otherwise been spent corpse-running because Johnny Awesome pretended to have a M Gul'dan kill but has no idea how the fight works and got the healers killed.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    yup, they screw with u a lot. im at 911 unequiped and 950 equiped without raiding mythic
    I wish I had 950equipt ilvl, I wouldn't need the group i'd just solo Gul'dan

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing for 10 years and I know my class damn well.
    I have all Ahead of the Curve achievements since ToT (skipped Sha/Shek'zeer but got Will).
    I usually have very good gear and can pull my weight.
    With a "curriculum" like this you'd think I would get invited to places, but no, I need the achievement to get the achievement.
    I cannot commit to a raiding guild, but I do not complain about it on the forums everyday. I'm polite and patient, but if a leader is going to judge my worth by an achievement, you can bet I'm going to join regardless by faking said achievement, out-dps the leader himself, avoid death where he would die, and walk away with the kill.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care tbh, most players that use this are people capable of doing the Content yet get shafted by people with over the top requirements.

Most bad players are generally people too stupid to fake things like this anyway.

I usually check everybody when i join and i'm not leader, and call out if somebody has fake achiev, if hes friend w/ the leader or the leader himself i whisper everybody with the achievement to remake a group and steal all their members // or i simply ninja pull to make it disband

If leader doesnt react and doesnt kick on the spot when its explicitly said achievement or no invite i'll do what i mentionned above as well
    Way to be a dick. What makes you the achievement police? Being the RL? I suggest that a better way to go is for you to just shut your mouth or leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

The morons who ask for over-the-top requirements for their PuGs are the ones creating all this demand for fake achievements.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    My main paladin, i usally make raids but alot and alot of people when i raid, are getting away with fake achievements and are getting invited alot, most raid leaders cba checking all players in raid, so people getting free pass.

whats your take on this?
    Not like achievement actually proves much anyway's besides your character was there for the kill. You could of bought a run or died with in the first couple seconds and tabbed out and surfed the web.

Deleted
    yup, i agree with you guys.

alot use this: curse.com/addons/wow/fake-achievement

they can link e.g. guldan hc achievement and get in run
    Or you can just ask someone to link the achi and you link theirs.

It's so easy... join a new raid in the first weeks of release, get lots of gear, keep pugging after about 3 weeks you got your clear acvm, then don't worry for the next 6 months.

Fake Achievements on the Rise

Fake news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

I usually check everybody when i join and i'm not leader, and call out if somebody has fake achiev, if hes friend w/ the leader or the leader himself i whisper everybody with the achievement to remake a group and steal all their members // or i simply ninja pull to make it disband

If leader doesnt react and doesnt kick on the spot when its explicitly said achievement or no invite i'll do what i mentionned above as well
    You might already know this but you're a douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    Fake news.
    #alternativeachievements

Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    It's a non-issue, people can check armoury/wowprogress/compare achievements if they want to. If they can't be bothered checking that applicants meet their (Usually stupidly high) criteria then they get who they invite.
    The more reliant people are on a quick measure, the more easily it can be abused.
    Yeah, we used to talk to people and had less problems.
    Now we look for shortcuts and whine when they fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    I wish I had 950equipt ilvl, I wouldn't need the group i'd just solo Gul'dan

heh my bad, mistyped, was meant to be 905, but yea requirements are getting ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    dunno about you but my unequipped ilvl, the one that shows in the group finder, is 15 ilvls higher then my equipped mostly due to legendaries in bags.
    Well, that's not for many people. I'm less than 3 ilvls between bags & equipped. (915 equipped boots vs my only extraneous legendary Norg's).

- - - Updated - - -

I used fake achi for both Gul'dan and Helya, didn't die, didn't fail, didn't get carried. It's the only option to get a quick invite to clear end-bosses nowadays.
    I barely meet the idiotic min ilvl requirements so can't impress with that, fake achi it is.

Though to be perfectly honest, PuGs are full of idiots with the real (or not) achievements. So painful seeing people fail in PuGs because they think they're still in their guild's raid where they have voice and tried and tested strategy. I think playing like you can zerg an encounter in a new raid PuG is the biggest reason for wiping in Curve groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    It's easy enough to check on the armory, so it's not really an issue.

That being said, it wouldn't be an issue at all if idiots would stop asking for Cutting Edge: Xavius for a +5 Arcway run.
    The reason we sometimes set very high requirements is because we intend to make a fast and smooth run with people who are similarly geared to ourselves. When I'm puging m+ on my 905 equipped mage I'm not going to be playing with 860 something people I don't know because I don't much care to boost them. I also get the impression that a lot of people who have a certain ilvl always aim to join groups with significantly higher so they can be carried, which is generally fine if you know someone in the group, but asking a bunch of random strangers to pick up your slack isn't all that cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    I don't bother to check people's Armoury's, but the people linking fake Achievements with absurd dates is pretty funny. Had someone link me Keystone Master with the the year being earned as 20177 If you're gonna fake it make sure you're not a complete moron before doing so.
    I usually just run a quick "compare achievements" on people and scroll down to it. If they did it on a char it's there, if not, boot goes up the butt.

Its certainly shady/dirty... but the RL should check them if they care that much.

Whats really sad is how negligent RLs just encourage others to do it. The OP or others like him will see how this works, and instead of taking option A) and working hard, they will take option B) and cheat the system.