Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    K why are there no jewish no go zones? Or hindu no go zones?
    There are no "no-go" zones. End of story. Just for reference, these are the areas that all these self-proclaimed alpha-males are so scared of that the call them no-go zones. Don't they look terrifying?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    The problem of the right wing is that they keep coming with ... false facts and fake news articles from Breitbart. It kinda kills any possible discussion about issues.

When you cry "wolf" too many times.
    Indeed. And they give power to the people on the other end of the spectrum, those that want to yell "RACISM!!!!!" over every damned thing...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipeen View Post
    There are no "no-go" zones. End of story. Just for reference, these are the areas that all these self-proclaimed alpha-males are so scared of that the call them no-go zones. Don't they look terrifying?

pictures from 2008?

how do those places look now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    pictures from 2008?

I visited Majorna just some weeks ago, not much different except it's more wintery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    Sweden has the highest amount of rape per citizen in europe and possibly the world, and guess who is doing all the raping? Cultural enriched arabs and black, all immigrants. The media ofcourse is covering it up as good as they can.
    The problem is that different countries define rape differently. Sweden has a comparatively wide definition of what constitutes as rape, inflating the number compared to most other countries.

Yeaah... the "no-go zone" topic is blown so much out of proportion it's a barren nuclear wasteland by now... which is how they seem to picture these oh-so-dangerous places. :P

Here's an interview on the subject, and a small quote;

There are no "no-go zones" in Sweden

He has seen examples from elsewhere in Europe, where police actually do seem to look upon certain areas as no-go zones. But this is very far from the work in the vulnerable areas in Sweden, said Åkerlund.

The advantage of having defined some areas as particularly vulnerable is that it has meant a significant rise in resources, said Erik Åkerlund. Today, there are twice as many police officers on the beat in Botkyrka compared to only a year and a half ago.

Listen to the full interview in English with police chief Åkerlund by clicking on the play button above.

This is the first part in a series about the so called 'no-go zones' and the image of Sweden abroad. You can listen to the other parts by clicking on the links below. We visit one of the areas to speak to local residents, and ask the Swedish Institute how reports about the "no-go zones" are affecting the image of Sweden abroad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    The problem is that different countries define rape differently. Sweden has a comparatively wide definition of what constitutes as rape, inflating the number compared to most other countries.
    In what way is it wide when it's more narrow than other places because they take consent into account while swedens law is based on force?

pictures from 2008?

Pretty much the same, although it's winter now so not as green and sunny. Or should we blame shitty Swedish weather on the immigrants as well?

What the bigots endulging in false news and hyperbole would have you believe those areas are like;

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    We are all surprised in Sweden. We have no idea wtf Drumpf is talking about as there was no major happening at all yesterday.

The situation is what it is, regarding immigration, but there was no special thing happening yesterday.
    Exactly what the plotters of the Bowling Green and Atlanta Massacres want you to think. "Nothing to see here, believe in the fake news and not this Drumpf fellow! >.>"

Well, there was the court's decision that it is ok for underaged girl to marry her 21 year old cousin. But then that thread got closed on this forum because "no media reported on it" or something. Aside from the local swedish newspapers I guess...

Here are the links, use google for translation:
    http://speisa.com/modules/articles/i...-marriage.html
    http://www.expressen.se/kvallsposten...och-hoggravid/
    http://www.vlt.se/opinion/ledare/sak...tsatta-flickor

But I guess it's much easier to just decide that Trump is imagining stuff. It's not like anything of the sort could possibly take place in the rape capital of Europe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yooun View Post
    Tino Sanandajis (Iranian-Swedish economist) published a book about all the problems in Sweden and what Sweden is facing in the future. I would recommend that you read that book. It pretty much disprove all the things you just said. But if Sweden is richer than ever before please point me in the right direction to those sources, I would love to see those numbers. Because I rather trust a person with a M.A in economics than some random news paper.

"The foreign-born account for 17 percent of the population, but represent 53 percent of them with long prison terms, 54 percent of the unemployed and receives 60 percent of the paid social contributions"

And then you have AngryForeigner youtube channel. He usually provides sources in his youtube clips.
    https: // youtu.be/O9Qwr6KvmUc
    Tino Sanandaji, the guy who has made a habit of taking other peoples research that show the opposite and adding his own pure speculation to twist it into something it isn't (and that was debunked by the original author). Also the guy married to a SD politician (nationalist far right-wing) that has made a full career on trying to twist facts to show immigration is bad, and completely making stuff up. No thanks.

AngryForeigner is our (less annoying) version of Milo pretty much.

Regarding numbers, SCB (Swedish Bureau of Statistics) and Ekonomifakta has our BNP growth at about 4-4.5% per year and unemployment at about 7% and has been going down ever since 2009. Net wealth is also at an all-time high and went up 5% last year. I'm a bit too tired to search for the SCB link at the moment (2am) but here are for Ekonomifakta.

http://www.ekonomifakta.se/Fakta/Arb.../Arbetsloshet/
    http://www.ekonomifakta.se/Fakta/Eko...BNP---Sverige/

Deleted
    Regarding numbers, SCB (Swedish Bureau of Statistics) and Ekonomifakta has our BNP growth at about 4-4.5% per year and unemployment at about 7% and has been going down ever since 2009. Net wealth is also at an all-time high and went up 5% last year. I'm a bit too tired to search for the SCB link at the moment (2am) but here are for Ekonomifakta.
    BNP per capita is more interesting than BNP though.

Deleted
    pictures from 2008?

I just grabbed some from first page google search. Apart from not being as green due to winter, no different at all. I live near where one of those pictures were taken, and where I am it is even a lot nicer since 2008 as they are building a lot of new fancy apartments and improving the shopping mall and just improving stuff in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Well, there was the court's decision that it is ok for underaged girl to marry her 21 year old cousin. But then that thread got closed on this forum because "no media reported on it" or something. Aside from the local swedish newspapers I guess...

But I guess it's much easier to just decide that Trump is imagining stuff. It's not like anything of the sort could possibly take place in the rape capital of Europe.
    If you're going to quote stuff, don't include Speisa (spoiler, they use false news and hyperbole)... Have you actually read the Swedish articles?

Direct quote;

Domaren: "Vi utgår från barnets bästa"
    Malin Toivainen, domare i förvaltningsrätten som fattat beslutet, har utgått från att familjen håller 21-åringen borta, så som de gjort under 2016, och att faster och farbror i det läget är 14-åringens bästa val.
    – Vi utgår ifrån barnets bästa, och vad ligger då i hennes bästa? Om man utgår ifrån att det inte är säkert att hon får stanna i landet – är det bästa då att placera henne i ett etniskt svenskt familjehem som inte har hennes bakgrund, religion, traditioner? Eller att hon får bo på ett ställe där hon känner sig trygg, där hennes språk, kultur och religion delas? säger Malin Toivainen.
    Barnombudsmannen och FN menar tvärtom att tidigt äktenskap är bland det mest otrygga som kan hända en flicka, hur ser du på det?
    – Jag har ingen annan syn. Barn är barn. Barn ska få vara barn. Men nu har vi en situation att ta ställning till. Mannen ska enligt socialtjänstens utredning bo på annat håll. Då är detta det bästa. Det är inte så att förvaltningsrätten sanktionerar barnäktenskap.

Translation; he judge: "We have the child's best interests in mind"
    Malin Toivainen, judge of the administrative court that made the decision, on the assumption that the family keeps the 21-year-old away, as they did in 2016, and the aunt and uncle is the 14-year-old best choice if those conditions are upheld
    - We assume the child best, and what is then in her best? Assuming that it is not certain that she will stay in the country - is the best time to place her in an ethnically Swedish family that does not have her background, religion, traditions? Or that she may live in a place where she feels safe, where her language, culture and religion is shared? says Malin Toivainen.
    "The UN says on the contrary that early marriages are among the most insecure that can happen to a girl, how do you see it?"
    - I have no other view. Children are children. Children will be children. But now we have a situation to deal with. The man should be in accordance with the social services investigation and stay elsewhere. Then this is the best option. It's not a case of administrative law sanctioning child marriage.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-02-20 at 01:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post

"I Sverige har hon placerats hemma hos sin faster med familj" - "In Sweden she has been placed at home with her aunt and family".
    Obviously the case hasn't been handled right, but there is no ruling that child marriage is acceptable, the court just reverted a "tvångsomhändertagande" and deemed it was better for the family to help her than the social care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkonen View Post
    BNP per capita is more interesting than BNP though.
    BNP per capita has been steadily rising, except for last year when we accepted a huge wave of migrants, which of course will affect the short term statistics. And as said, unemployment is going down and wealth per capita is still rising.

Deleted
    BNP per capita has been steadily rising, except for last year when we accepted a huge wave of migrants, which of course will affect the short term statistics. And as said, unemployment is going down and wealth per capita is still rising.
    We have very, very high unemployment and have had for several years now, and to the contrary unemployment is on the high rise since seasonal jobs are ending, we're back at the figures we saw april 2016.

Don't know if it's been posted, but

*chuckles...*

Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    We have very, very high unemployment and have had for several years now, and to the contrary unemployment is on the high rise since seasonal jobs are ending, we're back at the figures we saw april 2016.
    7.8% is a bit above full employment, but its not exactly doomsday, especially with solid safety nets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    7.8% is a bit above full employment, but its not exactly doomsday, especially with solid safety nets.
    You don't want unemployment to be higher than 4%, anything beside that is a financial drain.

But hey, I mean good for that 8% who has to live on existential minimum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    Well yes, if you look at RIGHT NOW it is rising due to seasonal jobs, but the long term trend is declining and has been since 2009.
    http://www.ekonomifakta.se/Fakta/Arb.../Arbetsloshet/

And no, 7% is not "very, very high", in fact "non-accelerating inflation rate of unemployment" is at around 6.8%.