Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Unholy buff Feb 21

Death Knight
    Unholy
    - Virulent Plague damage over time effect has been increased by 67%. Damage unchanged in PvP.
    - Summon Gargoyle: Gargoyle Strike damage has been increased by 50%. Damage unchanged in PvP.
    - Dark Arbiter: Val'kyr Strike damage has been increased by 16%. Damage unchanged in PvP.

Opinion ?

Deleted
    frost will still end up better imo, Breath build that is... but here's to hoping i am proven wrong

Deleted
    Ye, im pretty sure it will...but i feel it could become viable.

Applying the buffs via napkin math to the highest unholy parse on krosus it ends up being a ~14m damage increase which to give it some context is still lower then the parse for the next lowest spec and puts it from slightly below a 37% muti parse to slightly above it.

Now this is before stuff like people running DA or running convergence and its a nice numbers tweak but forget about being anywhere near frost, unholy is definitely confirmed for stuck in the basement.

Deleted
    Hopefully they will tack on a 10% unholy might buff at the last minute.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkiizne View Post
    frost will still end up better imo, Breath build that is... but here's to hoping i am proven wrong
    I won't play breath no matter how good it is. It's absolutely aids playstyle.

I wonder if the DA buff changes the base dmg or the dmg multiplier from RP

According to napkin math done in the dk discord EF might beat out BS even with bracers
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

They will buff it to something stupid like epidemic + fever being better than bursting sores for cleave.
    Or even epidemic being used in ST.

And with the way blizz treat us this expansion I fully expect some stupid and unwaranted nerf slapped on top of the buff at last minute.

I would play BOS but for some stupid reason I can't maintain it for more than 30 seconds no matter what, and it requires frost legs to pull off solid dmg.

Legendary system sucks cuz I have 2 UH legs and utility boots. RIP.

With the buff to VP, I am hopeing that ebon fever will become a viable talent, and maybe I'll consider DA to be a viable talent. I've seen DA crit for 2M before, looking for 2.2M crits.

Wont be enough we still gonna fall behind without an aura buff of 3%-5%

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I would play BOS but for some stupid reason I can't maintain it for more than 30 seconds no matter what, and it requires frost legs to pull off solid dmg.

Legendary system sucks cuz I have 2 UH legs and utility boots. RIP.

With the buff to VP, I am hopeing that ebon fever will become a viable talent, and maybe I'll consider DA to be a viable talent. I've seen DA crit for 2M before, looking for 2.2M crits.
    You dont really need frost legendarys to do well with BoS. They make it really really good, but BoS is strong even without legos. Also BoS is not about how long you can keep it up, but how much dmg you fit into that window.

CoF just went from a good trinket to a BiS

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    Glad I didn't vendor mine then.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

maybe now my dmg should satisfy my raid leader

Quote Originally Posted by Poisongaz View Post
    You dont really need frost legendarys to do well with BoS. They make it really really good, but BoS is strong even without legos. Also BoS is not about how long you can keep it up, but how much dmg you fit into that window.
    actually the true power of BOS is in gathering storm and freezing fog, especially with 4piece and leg helm (which DOES make a difference).

Maybe if the gargoyle was cleave damage, but even then ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this will push UH to where Frost is, but it's a good start.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by EodynTheDK View Post
    I won't play breath no matter how good it is. It's absolutely aids playstyle.
    God, yes. I got the Seal of Necro-whatever. I liked Breath for about five minutes. Now I just find it an unmitigated pain in the ass. In fact, I hate all the level 100 talent choices. They're all shit.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    Not sure what makes you think that... Gargoyle is such a low % of our damage, you'd have to more than double the uptime, (even with a 50% damage buff) in order to make it into even the top 5 damage skills.

On average Gargoyle does about 5M damage on two casts. This buff brings that to 7.5M.if you could DOUBLE your Gargoyle casts, you'd get 15M... which is still less than Abomination (~18M), Festering Wounds, Clawing Shadows, and even Death Coil; just barely edging out your Army of the Dead (~14m) to make it into the top 5.

If you can guarantee me that CoF can get me 3 EXTRA Gargs (5 casts total) on a 5min fight... sure, it MIGHT edge out EEF. Maybe. But I don't see that happening; and Draught is simply too much damage to trade for CoF.
    Last edited by raionyx; 2017-02-20 at 06:36 AM.