Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    good thing i have millons then.

actually it's great news. it means if you have JC and BS you will be able to sell bars and gems even if future expansions. thanks for your research op
    Jewish opportunist spotted!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I just would have preferred a modified Doomguard or some infernal mount or something.

I've had this mount for 12 years already. And every Warlock gets it automatically now at 40. Literally every Warlock at 110 has it.
    sadly
    1. doomguards are humanoids, humanoids dont make good mounts, because with the lack of back space, if we go on the shoulders that looks super akward and when flying it looks super stupid, if on the back we look like a backpack, and when standing it also looks very akward
    2. infernals would have been nice, but making it fly woulda been somewhat akward, and allready in the game so they cant

3. "ha ha the mounts look the exact same" can we end this joke? i know its "cool" ti hate on blizz, but overall they did a good job with this, it screams warlock, and is a play back to the orignal warlock mounts, and i love it, even the quest is a play back to the dreadsteed quest
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

3. "ha ha the mounts look the exact same" can we end this joke? i know its "cool" ti hate on blizz, but overall they did a good job with this, it screams warlock, and is a play back to the orignal warlock mounts, and i love it, even the quest is a play back to the dreadsteed quest
    I mean it does look very similar. Its INCREDIBLY similar. The silhouette is exactly the same. Its slightly higher res and has some more armor on it.

Also the quest chain somehow is less impressive than Vanilla. You're by yourself doing the quest, you have to spend 20k+ in gold for the mats (What a fun nostalgic thing! >.>), and it reuses an environment you've already gone to before.

Do you know why it screams "Warlock?" Because we've had that virtually the same mount since Vanilla.

A horse is a horse, you can't really make it look much different.

The new mount is actually remodelled from the Forsaken pvp mount/new Midnight,

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    A horse is a horse, you can't really make it look much different.

The new mount is actually remodelled from the Forsaken pvp mount/new Midnight,
    Which is why we shouldn't be getting another demon horse. Same thing applies to Paladins too.

I wouldn't mind the demon horse if the spikes were more similar to the old dreadsteed. These spikes are less impressive, but as far as mount goes I still prefer it over the ridiculous sphynx owl thing priests got, the crappy mage discs, and warrior proto drake 2.0

To all the people upset because it isn't your dream mount, let's take a moment and consider the obvious design constraints.

1. It has to be a flying mount. The 7.2 class mounts are both a celebration of unlocking flight again, and a way to make sure that a new player who level boosted to 100 and has only played in the Broken Isles actually has a flying mount to fly with.

2. It has to use an existing mount animation skeleton. New skins take a bit of time, but new animations take a lot of time, and if one class got sometime entirely new than everyone would demand one. So reskins of flight capable mounts only.

3. It has to fit the class. These are, after all, class mounts. They have to involve the class's history or themes in some way. And like it or not, but "demon horses" are indisputably the historic Warlock class mount. They're super iconic.

Put it all together, and that's why we're getting updated Dreadsteeds. There was hardly any other choice possible.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Which is why we shouldn't be getting another demon horse. Same thing applies to Paladins too.
    Good on you for not being like the rest of these plebs and thinking this nonsense is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    To all the people upset because it isn't your dream mount, let's take a moment and consider the obvious design constraints.

1. It has to be a flying mount. The 7.2 class mounts are both a celebration of unlocking flight again, and a way to make sure that a new player who level boosted to 100 and has only played in the Broken Isles actually has a flying mount to fly with.
    I dont even know what point you're trying to make here. Nobody was arguing it should be a ground mount. If anything you're arguing against your own point here since they just added a shitty particle effect to the 7.2 Dreadsteed and it just moves around in the air identical to how it does on the ground. It reminds me of how you see people when they go onto private servers in the older days to record stuff that was hidden away from the players on live, flying through the air using the same animation as if they were swimming.

2. It has to use an existing mount animation skeleton. New skins take a bit of time, but new animations take a lot of time, and if one class got sometime entirely new than everyone would demand one. So reskins of flight capable mounts only
    Wat. The Dreadsteed wasn't a flight capable mount. Which is obvious when they added no new animations at all to it and it looks incredibly awkward while its "flying," aka running in the air. Also new animations take a lot of time? Great. That's nice. This is also a game we've both bought and are still paying for with a subscription. I couldn't really care less that it takes a lot of work.

3. It has to fit the class. These are, after all, class mounts. They have to involve the class's history or themes in some way. And like it or not, but "demon horses" are indisputably the historic Warlock class mount. They're super iconic.
    No they aren't. The main staple demons Warlocks use are whats iconic about the class. The imp, the voidwalker, the succubus, the felhunter, the Infernal and Doomguard, and sure include the felguard in there too. The theme of Warlocks isn't 'Dreadsteeds' its a Demon-using caster. The Dreadsteed quest was difficult to do, it was expensive, and then it was removed in Cataclysm. Pretending that this is somehow one of, if not the, most iconic parts of the Warlock class is just...I don't even know the phrase I want to use. Pants-on-head-ridiculous?

Put it all together, and that's why we're getting updated Dreadsteeds. There was hardly any other choice possible.
    Some of your arguments directly contradict the point you badly made, so no, there were plenty of other options.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-02-20 at 08:32 AM.

If you guys anytime need source for evidence that demons aren't ephemeral, just link this:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=227340/demon-skin

Quote Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
    If you guys anytime need source for evidence that demons aren't ephemeral, just link this:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=227340/demon-skin
    they have skin, hearts, blood, all kinds of shit.

demons in wow aren't some divine beings. they're basically aliens from another dimension. kinda like cenobites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Meh...really? I understand the "not everyone is rich" bit. But at the going rate that you make gold from followers and WQs you complain about 20k plus 40k = 60k gold?

How did you ever get your Warlock steed in Classic? And from gathering replies on this forum, everybody loves Classic (and wants it back, same as TBC)?

- - - Updated - - -

If you have wisened up - you know..like..buy now, buy in abundance and sell what you bought cheap today when the patch goes live and make a killing? Just a hint, since apparently you are not rich - and thus you could be.

- - - Updated - - -

I never really got the reasoning behind the word "should". Like "should" how? Why does a class quest automatically qualify it as a free hand out. Hey, why make it a quest at all. Put the horsey in the mail. Just give it a cutscene "Oh thy great class leader, thy are so awesome, let me kiss your but and hand you a free mount"
    God you brownnose Blizz....

There's no reason some classes should have to pay gold for mats (or spend time farming those) when others don't. It's not even the mount of gold - I can spend that without thinking. It's just poor design to have some classes forced to either level profs or buy mats while others don't.

Anybody know if this ever got fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by askevi View Post
    If what ever got fixed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    If what ever got fixed?
    probably the mats needed to accomplish the quest

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuwiel View Post
    probably the mats needed to accomplish the quest
    its just a quest now, same with paladins, it hasent been put in but they confirmed it would be changed as it does seem unfair, they did want it to sorta reference how we did back in the day, but the complaints too big so now you just collect stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by askevi View Post
    it still requires crafting materials, but they're much cheaper materials. already bought mine on live.

it's three unbending potions, three chaotic spinel, and five felslate.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would have preferred to have an observer/beholder as my mount. I imagine that would have worked well, since you can just sit on its head 8).

Tbh, I've never been as uninterested in a mount as I am with the new warlock class mount, it has nothing to do with how difficult or expensive it is to make but has more to do with the lack of creativity invested, I mean it looks almost similar to the pvp vicious ud mount or the karazhan mount merged with the dreadstead, it is bland.

I also happen to hate ground mounts who magically fly for whatever reason, I mean why can't we have a fel drake or a more suitable demon with wings to ride on?