Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I love the chicken little sky is falling routine they all have here on this board. An immense circle jerk of people patting each other on the back and telling each other how much they hate Trump and what an idiot he is, all the while i laugh and laugh because there is literally nothing the huffington post2.0 can do about it. Except whine and whine and cry and cry.

It's funny, i didn't even read the post because i know what a jerk off session it is for hatred among a group of people who are intolerant of anything said by people with an opposing point of view.
    The opposing point of view, in this case, being an alternate (alternative?) reality where facts are lies, lies are facts and it's okay for the most powerful man in the world to be a complete incompetent propped up by a rival government.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Shouldn't your analysis also include positives as well? To only include the negative side only serves to make you look biased.
    Positives of a Trump administration so far:

1)
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Positives of a Trump administration so far:

1) he has not blown us up yet.

2) ....ummm.....

Well, I was against the TPP so his repeal of that was a positive in my opinion.
    And then there's his executive order that bars “every executive appointee in every executive agency” from engaging in “lobbying activities with respect to that agency” for five years after leaving the agency. It also bars them permanently from lobbying for any foreign government or political party.

So, I can see a couple of positives from my perspective.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering all the opposition he is getting from the democrats in Congress, he is doing great.

It is hard to argue rationally with people who claim Trump has done more in 4 weeks than Obama did in 8 when in first 4 weeks, Obama spearheaded a bill that saved our auto-industry, 1.5 million jobs, stabilized crashing market and ensured that tax players will get their money back. Actions that lead to real results. I will ask again, just what exactly Trump has done? He has pissed off every ally, coddled Russia, run office of POTUS to further enhance his business. We have seen half assed EO (travel ban that may not have any impact), Obamacare repeal without replacement. He has yet to to do a SINGLE thing of his own outside of travel ban. He has only signed things republican party (swamp) has put on his desk. Where is his plan for ISIS? Did he not promise? How come illegals are still here? Where are the jobs?

Tell me one thing Trump did on his own unless you count his tweets, his war on media etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Considering all the opposition he is getting from the democrats in Congress, he is doing great.
    Ah, the old right-wing refrain. Governing by spite. Good job on missing the point of democracy. He's getting some opposition from Republicans too, if you hadn't noticed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringpriest
    The work Breccia is doing is both needed and appreciated - if America (and the world) is to have a prayer in hell of escaping from their terrible mistake without paying a grave cost, then the American people must refuse to "normalize" Trump; he and his band of billionaire bandits need to be held accountable for their malfeasance, there needs to be a consistent and ongoing record of his stupidity, gross incompetence, and wickedness, and Trump's cult must not be allowed to hide from the cognitive dissonance generated by their malefic moron messiah. America needs to rid itself of the wretched, corrosive scum in the White House as soon as it possibly can, while damaging itself (and, again, the rest of the world) as little as possible - posts like the OPs are a substantial and worthy effort in this direction.
    No, it is a circle jerk. Just look at the following page of comments, with the faithful of each camp just rehashing the same things they've already said dozens of times. It feeds directly into Trump's playbook. Those who support him love the idea they're jerking the chains of those who oppose him, that's part of why he is using "campaigning" as an excuse to go out and keep whipping up the fans.

Nobody is getting Trump out of the White House with posts like this. This is a gaming forum, and quite a few readers are not even American. For that matter, only a few of the faithful are going to read an extended wall of text recap like these threads. Short of something that would probably need to go beyond the level of Watergate he is in for four years.

If you want to do something, get out and do it. If you want to run a blog, go set one up.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    He has pissed off every ally, coddled Russia
    See, that's the thing. Trump has pissed off every ally by coddling Russia. That's why Pence, Mattis, Tillerson, our diplomats oh wait he fired them and McCain were all talking to Europe and NATO to try to restore their trust in us. That's right: four major power players in the government were needed to try to calm Europe's fears while Trump held a campaign rally and went golfing.

But Russia saw that. Now they're upset too. So much so, that the Kremlin stopped newspapers from talking about their plunging opinions of Trump. Because that's what effective dictators do, they tell the press what to print, and they do it.

So now, we have the worst of both worlds. Our allies don't trust Trump will help, and Russia doesn't trust the rest of his administration to help. So we're on both losing sides. The messages from the White House are too chaotic and too self-contradicting for anyone to follow as a pattern of logical behavior they can work with. In one week, over two million Brits and the mayor of London all said they wanted Trump denied an official visit, while Russia brought out a treaty-breaking missile. A clearer message could not be sent.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Where is his plan for ISIS? Did he not promise?.
    Since it would be foolhardy to try to follow everything Trump has said on the matter, other than that he knows more than the generals of course, his most recent say on the matter was this E.O. demanding a plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days. Yep, that's a week from now. Yes, he said he had a secret plan back in yadda yadda look, if your plan is a twist of the Austin Powers line "First, I plan to soil myself, second, I plan to regroup and come up with a better plan" then it should be clear you have nothing. And he's asking people who he says he knows better than. Just remember that.

However.

ISIS is not having a great time. Iraq, despite what Trump keeps saying, has announced it's making a powerful sweep into Mosul. They probably announced it so that innocent civilians don't get hurt (again, another key difference between Iraq and Trump) but they've actually done a pretty good job so far, by most international accounts I've seen (someone link me if I'm mistaken, this shit is important). However, as The Atlantic says, part of the "mess" Trump inherited was ISIS in full fucking retreat. Obama's admin really turned the screws on them, and we had a lot of help from our allies. Which we no longer have. And adding fuel to the fire, Trump has been so negative on the Iran nuclear deal, that Iran has already vowed to oppose US ground troops in Syria. Which the Pentagon is asking for. And where most of the rest of ISIS currently is. Basically, Trump's position on facing a weakened, bloodied foe, is to "pull our starters" and make it a more challenging game.

And make no mistake: when the last of ISIS' major strongholds falls before the weight of the world crushing down around it, Trump will take all the credit. And his followers will forget what happened pre-2017 to weaken their ranks so badly, that an incompetent businessman with no plan was able to break them with no allies in the region.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    blah blah blah
    I will give you credit, Breccia - your commitment to your cause is admirable. Keep it up!

I would like to point out something, though, that I disagree with:

Let's recap the reasons why.

HYPOCRISY AND LYING

Trump is taking his fourth weekend off, his third in a row, after making a campaign promise to take "no big vacations".
    Is there something wrong with taking the "weekend off"? I mean, don't most people work 5 days a week and then get 2 days off? (I said most - not all). Regardless, you then equate taking the normal 2 days off as some "big vacation"?

Again, regardless, you assertion that he actually took the "weekend off" is wrong. He works while he is in the Winter White House. Just yesterday, in fact, he met and interviewed 4 candidates for the NSA position.

Seeing as how you are so completely wrong in the very first point of your thread ensures that I will pretty much discount ANYTHING else you have to say.

BTW - a "big vacation" is staying in Martha's Vinyeard and golfing while the city of Baton Rogue is being flooded, and you don't even take a day to fly down and assess things. Trump went there. Barry only went AFTER his vacation was over (and he was shown up by Trump), and Hillary NEVER went there (even though she said she would.)
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-02-20 at 10:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    I will give you credit, Breccia - your commitment to your cause is admirable. Keep it up!

Is there something wrong with taking the "weekend off"? I mean, don't most people work 5 days a week and then get 2 days off? (I said most - not all). Regardless, you then equate taking the normal 2 days off as some "big vacation"?

Again, regardless, you assertion that he actually took the "weekend off" is wrong. He works while he is in the Winter White House. Just yesterday, in fact, he met and interviewed 4 candidates for the NSA position.

Seeing as how you are so completely wrong in the very first point of your thread ensures that I will pretty much discount ANYTHING else you have to say.

BTW - a "big vacation" is staying in Martha's Vinyeard and golfing while the city of Baton Rogue is being flooded, and you don't even take a day to fly down and assess things. Trump went there. Barry only went AFTER his vacation was over (and he was shown up by Trump), and Hillary NEVER went there (even though she said she would.)

The candidates and the president were asked NOT to come to Louisiana. I thought you had a huge problem with people entering into areas where they're not wanted?

Being as you were so wrong in that point nothing else you say matters.

10+ Year Old Account

The section is called "hypocrisy and lying". This was the former. Or at least, it was until recently.

Trump has said some pretty negative things about Obama, such as this one:

"Can you believe that,with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf.Worse than Carter"

As of this time, Trump has taken 4 of his 5 weekends off, and spent 3 of them playing golf in Florida. That is blatant hypocrisy. In fact, he plays five times as much golf as Obama, who Trump criticized for playing too much golf.

In fact, Trump has played so much golf, that his aides have been caught lying about it. This now makes it both parts: hypocrisy, and lying.

P.S. There is plenty wrong with taking the weekend off, four times out of your only five, in a position like his. His cabinet, ACA replacement, plan to take out ISIS, tax plan, and progress on jobs are not complete. His voters deserve more than someone who does his job 71%, or C-, of the time.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    I still don't understand how people can show loyalty to someone who routinely lies to them every day. Yeah, all presidents lie, I get that. Obama lied, George W lied, B. Clinton lied, George H.W lied, they've all lied at one time or another. No presidents are going to be 100% truthful be it national security, political posturing, or whatever.

But this frequency in such a short time? Over so many different important/non important things? I mean this is out of control. I hated George W Bush, HATED THAT IDIOT, but I never worried that he was a pathological liar. This is a whole different ball game. And people are just lapping it up, it's crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    I still don't understand how people can show loyalty to someone who routinely lies to them every day..
    It is quite disturbing how much of Trump's words have to be translated into English. "What he meant was" is increasingly common. Again, Pence, Mattis, McCain and Tillerson were all in NATO-bashing cleanup, reassuring them we still have their back (kinda), in one weekend. A weekend where Trump was playing golf, again.

Also the attempts to defend his bit on Sweden are pretty damn comical.
    "Oh, he meant Sweden in general, which has a murder rate lower than where he built the Mar-a-lago".
    "Then why did he say last night? The only thing that happened last night was some moose-related shenanigans."
    "Um, he meant the FOX show he saw last night."
    "...the one where the two Swedish police officers said the movie was a blatant fabrication?"
    "Yes! That one!'

i love seeing these threads, can we get a week 5 soon please?

@Breccia,

would love to see what hes done now
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    i love seeing these threads, can we get a week 5 soon please?
    Fucking seriously? Come on, man, it's Monday.

To be fair, there have been a few pretty big bombshells that have gone off today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

was Sarcasm, i mean its 4 weeks in. we didnt even get these for Obama with people complaining weekly about him, yet supposedly the skies where falling when he got in.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    was Sarcasm, i mean its 4 weeks in. we didnt even get these for Obama with people complaining weekly about him, yet supposedly the skies where falling when he got in.
    Maybe that's because the things Trump is doing are objectively and demonstrably worse than the things Obama did. Or because people weren't objecting to Obama because of what he did, but rather what he was.

Don't forget that Republicans were steadfast against Obama before he did a single thing. Rush Limbaugh even said that he wanted Obama to fail as president, something that I don't see anyone really endorsing now. We expect Trump to fail, but we don't really want him to.

10+ Year Old Account

Speaking of Herr Trumpenfuher and golf...

"In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)