3 2.88%
  • I'm wearing my underwear on my head and just want to vote

10 9.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What's your level of education?

We have quite a blend of readers with a wide range of backgrounds. I thought I'd ask about education. I know some are students, some are professionals, where do you fall?

There are a lot of options the poll may miss. I've tried to keep it short and simple, so I haven't tried to take into account things like specialized certifications.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    ive watched some Youtube videos....so im pretty much an expert on most subjects

Deleted
    I don't know what you mean by level of education (how many years in school?) but I have a trade.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Various Certs and Tickets for things in the Logistics industry.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do wish we could finish the poll before the thread kicks off. It's up now.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Masters in History and Linguistics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I have a Bachelor of Commerce (Bcomm.). Business degree, similar to a BBA but with a few differences. Major was Management, minor was economics. Could pick accounting, finance, marketing, economics, IT, Human resources, and general management (I picked management because it's the jack of all trades major, with a little bit of everything).

I almost have enough work experience to start my MBA, so I'm studying the GMATT right now. People with Bcomms or BBAS don't have to take the prerequisite courses in finance, accounting and statistics to get into the MBA which is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Masters in History and Linguistics.
    How does the masters compare with the bachelors in difficulty? I'm very nervous to start my MBA, even though my bachelors was business so I should be prepared.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detan View Post

How does the masters compare with the bachelors in difficulty? I'm very nervous to start my MBA, even though my bachelors was business so I should be prepared.
    Getting an MA is to me way easier than any other tier of education. But I enjoy research, discussion and creating my own research and original ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the field, generally the hurdles have to do with the workload and the fact you go into much greater detail on any given subject.

I wouldn't recommend people major in things they didn't personally find interesting, for instance. In history especially the work can get very dry and bogged down in details that would be physically painful for non-history buffs to endure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Stupid and naive OP actually thought people were going to honestly report their education level. What a child.

Infracted: Please do not insult other users
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-02-20 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Getting an MA is to me way easier than any other tier of education. But I enjoy research, discussion and creating my own research and original ideas.
    Yeah that's right, I'm looking at my universities path for the MBA, in addition to advanced versions of courses I took at the bachelors level like stats, accounting, finance, etc., it says we also have to produce a thesis. Should be interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    Associates and almost done with my bachelors

embiggen is a perfectly cromulent word

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Associates and almost done with my bachelors
    Yeah my friend did that - he got a college diploma, then transferred to third year university and got a bachelors. I didn't even know you could do that before he told me.

I was an art major, but dropped out of college. Too expensive, bad degree choice, went only because I wasn't sure what else to do, etc. If I ever go back to college, I'd go for geology, specifically mineralogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    embiggen is a perfectly cromulent word
    You really embiggened us with that cromulent statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It depends on the field, generally the hurdles have to do with the workload and the fact you go into much greater detail on any given subject.

I wouldn't recommend people major in things they didn't personally find interesting, for instance. In history especially the work can get very dry and bogged down in details that would be physically painful for non-history buffs to endure.
    That's true. The options for Majors at the MBA level at my university are the same as the bachelors - guess as long I don't pick finance or accounting ill be ok lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my case, BA Foreign Language & International Trade, BA German Language & Literature, MA History (focus on Early Modern European), JD (focus on International Law and International Trade). My minors were History and Philosophy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah my friend did that - he got a college diploma, then transferred to third year university and got a bachelors. I didn't even know you could do that before he told me.
    I was pursuing a different degree that required an associate and then switched to another 4 year. Well 2 and half really.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    In my case, BA Foreign Language & International Trade, BA German Language & Literature, MA History (focus on Early Modern European), JD (focus on International Law and International Trade). My minors were History and Philosophy.
    I took an international trade elective..... SOOOOOO many incoterms. So. Many. Incoterms. Why. No. Plz.