10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't know why people speculate what it is... it can be a custom soc, it can be a generic soc. I'd go along with the custom soc mostly because it just makes more sense. You can't really speculate anything by looking at a damn piece of silicon. It's oddly frustrating getting that across people's head. Silicon is one of those things that you can't just look at it and know the exacts of it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I still don't know why people speculate what it is... it can be a custom soc, it can be a generic soc. I'd go along with the custom soc mostly because it just makes more sense. You can't really speculate anything by looking at a damn piece of silicon. It's oddly frustrating getting that across people's head. Silicon is one of those things that you can't just look at it and know the exacts of it is.
    You get a lot of information when you scan it.

- - - Updated - - -

No, but you can look at it and tell if its an exact copy of another chip. Its definitely not a base X1. We can throw that out now. Yes, even people on these forums claimed it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Tell me when you feel like calmly discussing this if you don't mind.

I'm not going to bother if you're just going to start flinging "blind fanboy" around like it proves something.
    Ya you didn't want to discuss dick when ur original reply to me was being a smart ass. You get what you give Mr Mod....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you do know that dragon quest heroes 1 and 2 are two games right?
    You do know they are bundled together on The Switch right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So its okay when Sony does it with the PSVita and PSP? And their card were proprietary so they were a lot more expensive than micro sd cards.
    Nope it was shitty how little space those systems had and the proprietary part was also bullshit. But once again this system is not being marketed as a handheld, Its being marketed as a home console with the feature of going mobile. This system is lacking all the bonuses of being a home console.

Once again look when those systems released (Even more so the psp) going digital was still quite new.

Now show me where I said it was ok that Sony did this since you assumed I was ok with it.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, I agree, the Switch should have more storage, but people are acting like Nintendo are the only ones who do this.
    You are deflecting, I give no fuck's what Sony did 10 years ago because that's 10 years ago.

If they released the VITA 2 right now with console like AAA games eating up most or all the storage (Before DLC). I would rip them a new one as well, They haven't so I won't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya you didn't want to discuss dick when ur original reply to me was being a smart ass. You get what you give Mr Mod....
    If you can't see why claiming it's not going to sell well because of the digital copy is silly, and you consider pointing out that the physical copy will still sell is "being a smart ass", I'm not sure what else to say.

I guess literally every single game predigital sold badly.

You do know they are bundled together on The Switch right?
    Why does this matter when the point is clearly that it's a large game because it's two games in one?

Nope it was shitty how little space those systems had and the proprietary part was also bullshit. But once again this system is not being marketed as a handheld, Its being marketed as a home console with the feature of going mobile. This system is lacking all the bonuses of being a home console.

Once again look when those systems released (Even more so the psp) going digital was still quite new.
    The systems had no space at all aside for firmware last I checked.
    And "going digital" is still not the biggest thing ever for consoles, otherwise gamestop would be hurting pretty badly. Seems they're doing okay though.

You are deflecting, I give no fuck's what Sony did 10 years ago because that's 10 years ago.

If they released the VITA 2 right now with console like AAA games eating up most or all the storage (Before DLC). I would rip them a new one as well, They haven't so I won't.
    The Vita wasn't 10 years ago.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-02-20 at 08:34 AM.

If you can't see why claiming it's not going to sell well because of the digital copy is silly, and you consider pointing out that the physical copy will still sell is "being a smart ass", I'm not sure what else to say.

I guess literally every single game predigital sold badly.
    You do realize a vast majority of the AAA company's are making most of there profits off of digital sells right? Square Enix being one of those company's. So yes it not being able to be bought digital (unless you spend a extra $20+) is going to hurt it by a lot.

Even more so if people have both a Switch and ether a PC or PS4. The benefit of taking it mobile falls on its face if you have to bring with you a bunch of game cards.

I already explained this once, having a mobile AAA gaming device that can barely do digital is a massive negative for it. It should have released with a 64GIG version and then later a 128GIG version.

It having 32GIG's and wanting to do what they want will not work in the long run. There is already going to be a game released this year the base model can't download.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-20 at 08:36 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

You do realize a vast majority of the AAA company's are making most of there profits off of digital sells right? Square Enix being one of those company's. So yes it not being able to be bought digital (unless you spend a extra $20+) is going to hurt it by a lot.

Even more so if people have both a Switch and ether a PC or PS4. The benefit of taking it mobile falls on its face if you have to bring with you a bunch of game cards.
    I would like a source on this.

And last I checked, DS still sold more than the 3DS, so pretty sure lugging around games has nothing to do with it. You even pointed out yourself this isn't being marketed as a handheld though.

I would like a source on this.

And last I checked, DS still sold more than the 3DS, so pretty sure lugging around games has nothing to do with it. You even pointed out yourself this isn't being marketed as a handheld though.
    Look at when those systems released, That was when going digital was still a bit new.

This is a report from 2015....
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0879a5b0c7fd6
    New data suggests people are buying more of their video games digitally, rather than banking on clunky plastic cases and discs.

A report published Tuesday by SuperData, an industry analysis firm, says that the digital video game market has grown 7 percent since last year to a total of $5.5 billion. That’s pretty good news for one reason in particular: Physical video games are basically obsolete wastes of space and resources.

You may not realize it, but if you’re gaming on a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, the actual disc you buy at the store doesn’t really do much. Games need to be installed on your system’s hard drive because the consoles can’t run games directly off of the Blu-Ray discs. Beyond that, you’re buying into a system that produces plastic waste for basically no reason. The industry isn’t exactly ruining the planet on its own — plastic cases are recyclable — but why support physical games at all when most titles are released digitally?

Joost van Dreunen, CEO of SuperData, told The Huffington Post that digital game sales are trending upward while physical purchases are trending down.

In the third quarter of 2015, Electronic Arts, a massive video game publisher, made $666 million in physical sales and $480 million in digital, according to numbers provided by SuperData. At the same time last year, it made $692 million in physical sales and $348 million in digital.

"We’re anticipating digital to outperform physical for the first time this year, which indicates a sea change in the industry,” van Dreunen said in an email.

In the past, it was easier to justify buying physical video games because it was cheaper to get them used or otherwise marked down. But times are changing. Digital game vendors like Steam, GOG.com, PlayStation and Xbox have become known for frequent sales — especially around the holidays — meaning it’s easy to make impulse purchases.

Gaming is also more convenient when you move to a digital library. Any games you want are stored on your hard drive and boot up the moment you select them — no getting off of the couch to switch discs out. (The horror!)

Some people are always going to prefer having physical collections. But the rest of us might consider giving digital games and gift codes this holiday season to avoid paying into a dusty old system.
    In 2016 EA digital sells
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/32-of...igital/0178293
    EA's digital unit sales are tracking ahead of the publisher's own expectations. That’s according to an investor call with the publisher last night, in which CFO Blake Jorgensen revealed that that 32 per cent of its unit sales were digital. The exec said that is just on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2016.

Jorgensen said that this is ahead of the publisher’s expectations; it predicted that 29 per cent of unit sales would be digital for the fiscal year, and believes that 32 per cent figure may increase due to catalogue sales.

During the Q&A, Jorgensen was asked about the increase in digital sales – and Battlefield 1 sales – and gave some historical context for this growth. He also explained that this diital growth may have been driven by Battlefield’s PC heritage and that platform’s affinity with digital.

“Just to clarify, the 32 per cent number is a trailing 12-month number for all of our titles on Gen 4 consoles, and as comparison, in fiscal 2015, that number was 20 per cent; fiscal 2016, it was 24 per cent; and this year, it's running at 32 per cent. We thought it would be probably 29 per cent for the full year – our full fiscal year, so running ahead of that,” Jorgensen said, transcript courtesy of Seeking Alpha.

“The Battlefield numbers, we don't disclose those, but since it is a very popular PC title, which north of 75 per cent of those games are sold digitally, you should assume that the Battlefield full game download numbers skewed higher than what we've seen, in contrast to last year when we saw Battlefront which skewed lower because it was less of a PC-based title, so.”

Though global, that 32 per cent figure is higher than research from retail trade body ERA says with regards to the split of boxed and digital games. In October, the organisation revealed that 77 per cent of UK consumers preferred physical games.
    Digital is a thing and is growing each year, This system lacks being able to do digital out of the box because after 2-3 games you max out the HD and in some cases now you can't even download one.

That is just one example, feel free to google the rest.

For me personally ill buy physcial over digital any day of the week, I will go kicking and screaming into a all digital age. People like me are becoming the minority.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-20 at 08:48 AM.

Look at when those systems released, That was when going digital was still a bit new.

This is a report from 2015....
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0879a5b0c7fd6
    In 2016 EA made more digital then physcial.
    Digital is a thing and is growing each year, This system lacks being able to do digital out of the box because after 2-3 games you max out the HD and in some cases now you can't even download one.
    You are yet again, quoting a 3rd party developer who puts out games on phones and PCs, where digital is the way to go. That isn't proving anything. Hell, it even says right in the article.
    “The Battlefield numbers, we don't disclose those, but since it is a very popular PC title, which north of 75 per cent of those games are sold digitally, you should assume that the Battlefield full game download numbers skewed higher than what we've seen, in contrast to last year when we saw Battlefront which skewed lower because it was less of a PC-based title, so.”
    In the past, it was easier to justify buying physical video games because it was cheaper to get them used or otherwise marked down. But times are changing. Digital game vendors like Steam, GOG.com, PlayStation and Xbox have become known for frequent sales — especially around the holidays — meaning it’s easy to make impulse purchases.
    They're talking about the PC pretty much. Not consoles, outside of holiday sales and the odd "flash sale".

Also, it doesn't matter if "digital was new" at the time. If lugging around games was such an issue, any handheld pre-3DS would have failed then, because no one would want to be lugging around games. It doesn't matter if there "wasn't an alternative".

10+ Year Old Account
    You get a lot of information when you scan it.

No, but you can look at it and tell if its an exact copy of another chip. Its definitely not a base X1. We can throw that out now. Yes, even people on these forums claimed it was.
    Define scan it... no seriously, the fuck are you talking about. If you're talking about a die shot... yeah that's not something anyone can do. That takes quite a bit of equipment just to get and not something anyone can just up and get.
    The only technical specifications you get, is the die size. Absolutely nothing about any of the architecture or other technical specifications because there is nothing to go by.

Also, it doesn't matter if "digital was new" at the time. If lugging around games was such an issue, any handheld pre-3DS would have failed then, because no one would want to be lugging around games. It doesn't matter if there "wasn't an alternative".
    There being a alternative or not does matter a lot. You had no choice to lug around the games.

In 2016 you have choices on how to consume media. Why would a parent spend $300+$60 per game just to give little jimmy something to do when a tablet for $50 can do the same and less risk.

Needing to carry around game cards is 10+ years ago, even more so when there is clear (and sadly) a push into full digital.

Ignoring all of that, this will hurt developers releasing DLC. They are not going to release DLC if SD cards become a requirement because its not worth it. People raged about 8gig/32gig Wii-U's 5 years ago.

32gig Switch's is bad, It should have been 64gig base and 128gig "pro" model.

- - - Updated - - -

Define scan it... no seriously, the fuck are you talking about. If you're talking about a die shot... yeah that's not something anyone can do. That takes quite a bit of equipment just to get and not something anyone can just up and get.
    The only technical specifications you get, is the die size. Absolutely nothing about any of the architecture or other technical specifications because there is nothing to go by.
    You are replying to someone who thinks RE7 is as demanding as Witcher 3 because there base system requirements are nearly the same....

There being a alternative or not does matter a lot. You had no choice to lug around the games.

In 2016 you have choices on how to consume media. Why would a parent spend $300+$60 per game just to give little jimmy something to do when a tablet for $50 can do the same.
    ...because the $50 tablet can't do the same?
    I mean, I spent pages trying to point out there's quite the difference between the Switch and a tablet, do I have to do it again?

And no, you didn't have a choice. But if it was such a problem, no one would have done it. Besides, are you really going to be carrying around more than 2-3 games around when the Switch only lives for like 3-4 hours? Also, the games are smaller than 3DS cartridges it seems, are you really going to say you have an issue with carrying a few around?

Needing to carry around game cards is 10+ years ago, even more so when there is clear (and sadly) a push into full digital.
    Except I've been carrying around game cards for the last 10 years, I have no idea where you've been. Hell, I have an average of about 10 3DS games on me at all times.

Ignoring all of that, this will hurt developers releasing DLC. They are not going to release DLC if SD cards become a requirement because its not worth it. People raged about 8gig/32gig Wii-U's 5 years ago.

32gig Switch's is bad, It should have been 64gig base and 128gig "pro" model.
    I'm sure people will lament the loss of DLC that also gets an equal amount of rage. (See, that was a sarcastic comment now )

You should worry more about developers even touching the Switch, rather than if they'll release DLC on it or not.

And if all else fails, SD cards are cheap as hell. Buying a single one is not that big of a deal, and I highly doubt it's going to be a dealbreaker to the average customer.

You should worry more about developers even touching the Switch, rather than if they'll release DLC on it or not.
    To be honest, I'm not because I don't think they will or if they do it isn't main stream AAA games.

And if all else fails, SD cards are cheap as hell.
    Depending the quality then ya you can get a 64gig for $15. Still doesn't change the fact The Switch's space is still too small.

It wouldn't have killed Nintendo to release a 64Gig model or even bundle a cheap ass SD card with it.

We will just agree to disagree, I think its stupid and shitty. Its HD space won't effect me much personally since when I get one ill be buying physical media. Doesn't change the fact its a problem for those who will.

To be honest, I'm not because I don't think they will or if they do it isn't main stream AAA games.

Depending the quality then ya you can get a 64gig for $15. Still doesn't change the fact The Switch's space is still too small.

It wouldn't have killed Nintendo to release a 64Gig model or even bundle a cheap ass SD card with it.
    No, it wouldn't kill them.

But I'm not debating whether or not it was stupid of Nintendo to have such little space, I'm debating that a game will still sell well regardless of how much digital space it takes up.

No, it wouldn't kill them.

But I'm not debating whether or not it was stupid of Nintendo to have such little space, I'm debating that a game will still sell well regardless of how much digital space it takes up.
    We will see how that turns out I guess...

Like I said earlier advertised as a home console with zero of the benefits....

We will see how that turns out I guess...

Like I said earlier advertised as a home console with zero of the benefits....
    Oh, it has some of the benefits.

It's just forgoing some of the bigger ones for the benefits of portability. And it might come around to kick them in the rear. We'll see though.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-02-20 at 09:14 AM.

Oh, it has some of the benefits.

It's just forgoing some of the bigger ones for the benefits of portability. And it might come around to kick them in the rear. We'll see though.
    Maybe, Like I have said many times before and my posts may show different. I really do want The Switch to do really well, I want it to be the next Wii for Nintendo.

But they have many made odd (and greedy) ass choices. So time will tell I guess.

You are yet again, quoting a 3rd party developer who puts out games on phones and PCs, where digital is the way to go. That isn't proving anything. Hell, it even says right in the article.

They're talking about the PC pretty much. Not consoles, outside of holiday sales and the odd "flash sale".

It certainly does matter - you're not suggesting that markets don't evolve, are you? Because that would be silly.

Buying full games aside, patches are a real thing in the current gaming ecosystem. While Nintendo can police itself regarding patched content, third party developers aren't going to, because that would mean actually paying for a full development cycle and regression testing their games.

Add to this the VERY lucrative DLC market and it's quickly apparent that 32gb is woefully insufficient by any standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

For all the strange and backwards things Nintendo does that makes them look stingy, old-fashioned or even clueless to us here in the west, I think they have nailed the general principle of the Switch. Just as Apple didn't invent smartphones or tablets, but made them extremely popular, Nintendo has an opportunity here to create a solid market for proper portable gaming, and there is no company better suited for it. People won't care if the chip is maxwell or pascal, if the games are fun to play. They will forgive the lack of memory unless it turns out to be incredibly impractical. There are a lot of things about the console that could have been better, but I don't think that will matter much of the experience is exciting and unique.
    Mother pus bucket!

https://twitter.com/Dystify/status/833722267054006273
    https://twitter.com/NintendoForce/st...13905314705408

According to Dystify and Nintendo Force, preview embargoes lift February 23rd, and review embargoes lift on March 1st.

- - - Updated - - -

I know this isn't Switch related,b ut since the Wii U thread is dead.

http://nintendoeverything.com/harves...e-on-thursday/

Harvest Moon 64 is finally coming to the VC this week, on the Wii U.

This is the first time the game has been on the VC and the first time Europeans will be able to get their hands on it without emulation/importing.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, I was just reading on NeoGAF, the Wii U did not receive it's first VC games until 5 months after launch.

'nother unboxing (but without opening the boxes :/).

Last edited by Truhan; 2017-02-20 at 07:39 PM.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.