Poll: When do you think 7.2 will go live?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

7.2 release date?

Patch 7.1 was released over 4 months ago.

When do you think Patch 7.2 non-raid content will be released? Given how long the wait has been so far, and that the non-raid content will be released before the Tomb of Sargeras raid, I assume that the non-raid content will be released sooner than usual.

im thinking tomb will release at a later date after 7.2 to give people some time to get used to changes and get some of the new traits.

aka a april/may release of 7.2 with a may/june release of Tomb.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Knowing Blizzard I picked May, but I could see them aiming for April. It's worth noting that they released 7.1.5 very recently and I wouldn't just discount patch content. Their goal is to let everything have a lifespan as long as possible.

They said they wanted raids to have a life of around half a year, but that doesn't mean they want patches to be that far apart. It could definitely be released in the next couple of months.

There is two things that still need to be seen inside the PTR : The base building on the Broken Shores (that could be buggy) and the new Dungeon, which I suppose would be released at the same time than the Patch. So, even if it has few bosses (4 I think?), it still need to be balanced. And there is also the heroic mode and new mythic + mode of Karazhan to be done. So, kinda several numbers to tweak. And also, there is the Legion Invasions, which seems to work well, but can still be challenging to implement without bugs. There is also the balancing of the new artifacts traits to be considered.

So, the real answer there isn't a straight one, as a lot would depends of the advancement of all those tweaking and bug corrections. Releasing a buggy patch would be far more damageable than releasing it 2 or 3 weeks later.

But if we are at prediction times, I would expect something coming around mid or end April. If you take the bigger picture, that would make a 7.3 that will probably bring us to the access of the Tomb and the tweaking like it was done for 7.1 with the Palace, and maybe an opening for our road to Argus, which could be release beginning of July (6 months or so of Palace) and then a 7.4 released in October, around Blizzcon, just in time for the announcement of the next expansion.

And a release of the Argus raid in January 2018, and then 1 year or more of Argus because they weren't able to give us the new expansion on the planned timeframe.
    But I think it's roughly the planned release dates of Blizzard.

Sooooo, now my conclusion would be : Do be too impatient to have the mid expansion patches released, as a month or two earlier today could mean one or two months of content dry while waiting for the next expansion. I would rather have one more month of Palace or Tomb than one year and half without anything coming.
    Last edited by Estherna; 2017-02-20 at 04:45 AM.

Mid April is likely, with Tomb of Sargaras Raid in June or early July.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

It's been what , like a month since NH released ? So I'd say around 2-3 month from now

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

10+ Year Old Account
    7.2 will be out by Mid-April I'd guess. But ToS won't be out till June-July.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion will announce it this thursday more than likely. If not, they'll do another q&a on all things 7.2 then they'll announce it, I think it'll be end of March for patch May for Raid.

Edit: Nada. March 25th, With ToS coming April 15th...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I expect April. But honestly, 7.1 and 7.2 PTR came earlier than I expected so there is a chance Ion will announce March next thursday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Blizzard admit that patches cam too fast in WoD and in Legion it will be a minimum of 6 months between tiers?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

When its done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said it before, I think late march at the earliest, probably April to May. The raid itself will then probably open ~2 months later, so we get around 6 months of Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by Estherna View Post
    There is two things that still need to be seen inside the PTR : The base building on the Broken Shores (that could be buggy) and the new Dungeon, which I suppose would be released at the same time than the Patch.
    The dungeon has actually been open on the PTR for a few days now.
    Last edited by Marston; 2017-02-20 at 09:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully not too soon, I hate when content feel rushed. I would love to see it in august/september. It would be stupid to release stuff in the summer and hasty if they release it this spring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Judging from what I've seen on the PTR it can't be far off now. They can always delay ToS. In fact I'd be pissed if a raid held the entire patch back.

I think it's late march, with the new raid opening two months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    The dungeon has actually been open on the PTR for a few days now.
    Yeah, I've seen that. However, it still probably need a couple of weeks for it to be live ready.

But I don't really expect them to release it to early to avoid content drought at the end of the xpac. Would make more sense to wait for mid-April.

Deleted
    I hope for a march/april release. But please without the next tier already. Tying content Patches with major outside-raid improvements and features to Raid-tier makes not much sense outside campaign quests which carry on the story "after the current raid".

I'm hoping for March. The raid can be released later on since it may be too early for Mythic raiders.