10+ Year Old Account

Theyre really pushing swiftmend with the datamined tier bonuses

Does this make prosperity more attractive? Are they trying to correct for poor spot healing? Why they pushing swiftmend?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Prosperity will probably become most efficient talent choice by giving Efflo a really strong buff.
    Question is: how to track Swiftmend CD (with 2pc) while it has different cooldown for each possible target?

Can't see how we'll be able to track the CD since it varies with target. Crazy design. I will say though that SM is now a hella good heal. I've critted for over a million.

"Swiftmend has up to 40% reduced cooldown based on the current health of your target. More reduced cooldown when used on a lower health target."
    It's not worded super clearly, but I interpret "current health" as meaning "health when the spell is casted". So: "based on the health of the target of Swiftmend at the time Swiftmend was casted on that target".
    Last edited by Tarm; 2017-02-16 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarm View Post
    It's not worded super clearly, but I interpret "current health" as meaning "health when the spell is casted". So: "based on the health of the target of Swiftmend at the time Swiftmend was casted on that target".
    Thats the only sane explanation, varying the CD based on who you want to cast on next would be madness.
    So instead, the normal spell CD is just lower if you healed a very low level target last with it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone think it would be anything but that lol? The 4p is a little like our old wild mushroom spell, no doubt it will change though.

Quote Originally Posted by saradonin View Post
    Prosperity will probably become most efficient talent choice by giving Efflo a really strong buff.
    Question is: how to track Swiftmend CD (with 2pc) while it has different cooldown for each possible target?
    While it's a strong buff prosperity is basicly only a 3 sec CD reduce. I think CW and in some specific cases even abundance will still be stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing about the 4 piece is that it kinda locks us into using SM to extending efflo instead of using it as a snipe or an oshit emergency heal which is the benefit of the two peace. Plus what happens if you have to move efflo? Of if youre in a 10 man raid where you dont necessarily have optimal amount of people inside efflo?

On the whole im not terrible thrilled with these set bonuses. Could be wrong but trying to make swiftmend a bigger focus is the wrong way to go. If you want to buff swiftmend just buff swiftmend.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2017-02-16 at 05:54 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

you'll still hypothetically want to use it as an emergency heal, since healing a low health target will shorten the CD and increase the uptime of the efflo buff. You may sometimes want to cast it sub-optimally in this regard just to activate the efflo buff, but you'll always want to prioritize lower-health targets.

I dunno, it seems like a pretty interesting bonus to me. I worry a little that this will just be the latest in a long line of swiftmend interactions that wind up feeling rote and boring, but it's only one tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Thing about the 4 piece is that it kinda locks us into using SM to extending efflo instead of using it as a snipe or an oshit emergency heal which is the benefit of the two peace. Plus what happens if you have to move efflo? Of if youre in a 10 man raid where you dont necessarily have optimal amount of people inside efflo?.
    That doesn't make any sense. The 4 piece doesn't extend Efflo; it buffs its healing. I would think how it would work is you get a buff that increases your Efflo healing, and would then be able to carry that over to an Efflo refresh or moving it to another location.

Sure, it won't be great for 10 man raids, but I don't think sub 20 man raids even really matter, since we have a standardized 20 man mythic size, and the tuning of difficulties below mythic make balance kind of irrelevant for it. We certainly will likely get very little from these bonuses in M+ however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. The 4 piece doesn't extend Efflo; it buffs its healing. I would think how it would work is you get a buff that increases your Efflo healing, and would then be able to carry that over to an Efflo refresh or moving it to another location.

Sure, it won't be great for 10 man raids, but I don't think sub 20 man raids even really matter, since we have a standardized 20 man mythic size, and the tuning of difficulties below mythic make balance kind of irrelevant for it. We certainly will likely get very little from these bonuses in M+ however.
    Depends how it functions. It could be applied to just that efflo or it could be every efflo you cast. Even still it tends to want to force you to swiftmend instead of using it as an oh shit button.

Yes sub 20 man raids matter. They drop tier. Granted so does LFR but to create a set bonus purely for 20 man effeciency is kinda fucking balls for everyone else.
    The hammer comes down:

I think the best way to use the 4p will be to simply ignore it. You have Efflorescence down most of the time anyway, and you use Swiftmend almost on cooldown already, so just continuing to do what we do now should work best. Efflorescence isn't that strong, so even buffing it by a few hundred percent isn't exactly a major throughput increase. At the end of the day, Efflorescence healing will just be a bit higher in the logs.

The same goes for 2p. If you stick with Cenarion Ward and Cultivation, you'll continue to cast it on whoever drops low, giving you maximum benefit from the set bonus. It's interesting on paper, but it doesn't really change anything in practice.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    If the fight is heal intensive you should be able to get decent value out of both bonuses using swiftmend on cd. If it's not then it doesnt matter anyway.
    You can still use swiftmend on any target for the bonus so it's not as restrictive as the legendary bracers which is still considered one of the top legendaries. you can live without "oh shit"-swiftmending since you are not that kinda healer anyway.
    But again, if healing is hard it shouldnt be an issue, If not then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    So instead, the normal spell CD is just lower if you healed a very low level target last with it.
    Basically this. Blizzard ALWAYS takes the easy way out when it comes to coding things if there is an easy way. Do expect it to just keep the normal cooldown, then subtract up to 40% worth.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Basically this. Blizzard ALWAYS takes the easy way out when it comes to coding things if there is an easy way. Do expect it to just keep the normal cooldown, then subtract up to 40% worth.
    Everyone always takes the easy way out. It's the only sensible way of coding a set bonus like that. Having it be separate for every person would be an interface nightmare and would take forever to get used to.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Yeah, not a fan of the 4pc for the same reason I don't like SotF, it seems like it undermines one spell to buff the other. Most of the ways I can think of to improve the 4pc without completely changing it just end up being something you wouldn't notice like swiftmend giving you a buff that increased the first 10 seconds of your next Effl. The problem is just that Effl doesn't really do enough healing at any one point to be a noticeable effect. The total hps value of the 4pc may be fine, it may even be great with some tuning, but the feeling of an emergency spot heal buffing a slow ticking multi target heal is nonexistant.