Thread: Trial problems

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruskiturbo View Post
    Completely off topic here but i need to say this

Just because something is off or seems to be so doesn't mean i'm the one to blame, i see this kind of reasoning in alot of other posts that asks for help or advice in certain situations. The general stigma on these forums seem very hostile and i highly suggest that everyone that reads this takes into the account that sometimes the situation is the way it's presented. I feel very weird and even a bit guilty because of the current situation i'm in, but as i've gotten no feedback i'm highly unsure of what to do depending on the outcome. I feel very discouraged to keep on looking for a guild due to the fact that issues always arises with the guilds i join, it always seems like every guild i apply and/or trial in has hidden issues that comes up after some time. I really want to keep on raiding mythic as i quite enjoy it, but most of the time i get stopped by something unexpected.

Honestly sometimes the current way guilds work really frighten me because it feels like you only play with your guildies to raid, atleast if you don't know them. And this makes me not even wanting to play the game even though i'd like to enjoy it.
    1. Every guild has problems, some points where they're stuck, some moments when they have roster issues, and generally some dosage of favouritism (never seen a guild where a GM or officers didn't take advantage of being one, either for loot, never sitting out, setting up logs for themselves etc. etc.), as long as it doesn't affect progress tremendously or your ability to raid it's something you get used to and just live with.

2. People on the internet like to bash on each other and shake virtual balls. Simple as. If you ask for help, at best you get advice soaked in "I'm so superior" sauce, at worst you get pointless bashing. Sometimes the advice will be spot on, sometimes it will be wrong. People are people. Take the opinions and do with them what you wish, it's your gametime you decide in the end.

3. Many people came with QQ to the forums only to be debunked in the end as indeed the source of the problem. We had threads like: a guy qqing he afks on trash a bit and got kicked for it, well apparently he afked a lot and on bosses he didn't put much effort either, a guy qqing he got kicked for greeting people on voice comm with "hello my niggahs" and killing people with swapblaster on raid breaks, well, many people said he was annoying and they would kick someone like that as well, another person whining they can't find a guild and then it became apparent this person only wants to come when they're in the mood so your typical "cherry pick raids that suit me" kid, headache of any raid leader, and many many others I can't remember details of but it's often the recurring theme.

I always try to take the depicted situation as "you present this data, based on this data I would do this", however indeed often that data is incomplete or distorted to suit the person making the thread to put them in a victim spotlight. Since it's a recurring theme don't be surprised people are sarcastic, especially since lines with #2 that they like to shake their virtual balls.

However most people told you in the thread here they would leave the guild, so you mostly got advice and not just ridicule like some other threads get.

4. Don't know what's so frightening in the idea people join mythic raiding guild because they mostly care to have a raid team to raid mythic. That's personally what I care to do as well and since I maxed my mainspec artifact now I don't even care to run more m+ except 1 for the weekly chest as I'm tremendously burnt out of it. I don't care to sign a contract with a guild that all my wow time needs to be spent with them and I avoid guilds that demand it. If I want to log 50 alts and farm for big love rocket instead of sitting with guildies, it should be not viewed as frightening or bad.

5. Some guilds are indeed bad and managed in a very poor fashion. People might think your story is fishy, but shit happens. I had a friend that joined a guild that was recruiting on trade for their raid team and they had decent wowprogress status for his aims. It became apparent the guild has no organization, no app process and generally he was told "maybe we'll find a spot for you if you stick around", so it could be they never would. Obviously when he saw that he immediately looked for a place that would offer him a trial spot and not vague promises.

Me myself had bad experiences in the past, for example a guild decided to lay me off after 9 months, even though I wasn't the most problematic member in there, there were people with worse attendance, less skill and bigger dramamakers yet they decided I was the problem. I'm pretty sure if I described the whole story on MMO-champ immediately some people would jump to conclusion I'm lying and for sure I suck so the guild was right to kick me. I decided to do the only thing I could do, just apply somewhere else and keep trying. But at least contrary to your guild that guild told me they no longer want me on the team.

Atm there are tons and tons of guilds that are 3/10 mythic and progressing on something (usually krosus, but some pick aluriel / tichondrius / botanist instead), if you're a decent player you should be able to find something.

Not sure what's happening in your guild, but in my guild we have plenty non-raiders. friends of raiders or previous raid member that stopped to raid. on top that calendar invites in the ingame calender that just get copied over and over again. it happens from time to time that someone is missing in these invites and get overlooked in the amount of friends etc. in the guild. If there are some other problems in the raidgroup it could be that they just forgot, and didn't see you whisper if they were during boss fight or something like that?

It sounds odd, sure, but you don't know what the reason is.

Deleted
    Three options:
    - they have too many melee to soak all the adds and they wanted a ranged
    - you're missing out on something and not telling us
    - they're shit

To be honest, you should gquit in either of these situations. The least people can do is fucking _communicate_ with people and let them know why they're benching them. This is pretty bush-league attitude on their part and I wouldn't wait for it to improve.

Take your 700k mythic krosus log and go to another guild, it should be easy to find one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehm... you waited a month before talking to them? I would have talked to them the FIRST time they didn't take me and at least ask why.

Don't waste time, just find a new guild that actually need a dps.

And sign? People sign up for guild raids these days? In my time, every raider was suppose to be ready for invite, then we sorted who raid and not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Ehm... you waited a month before talking to them? I would have talked to them the FIRST time they didn't take me and at least ask why.

Don't waste time, just find a new guild that actually need a dps.

And sign? People sign up for guild raids these days? In my time, every raider was suppose to be ready for invite, then we sorted who raid and not.
    We sign up for the raids we can make, helps the officers plan out the week (We've had a week where we had to do mythic progress the first 2 days, because we didn't have enough people for mythic the last two)

Hey everyone

So a month back i was actively looking for a guild that is going into mythic NH and found one that suited my needs, they raid twice a week and also have a heroic run once every week. So i applied, got accepted and was given a trial. Now mind this, on their website they did not have any info on how they handle trial periods but i did not give this any though.

So week 1 i get to join their raid, they are currently progressing Mythic Krosus and i get to jump in as DPS. I pull anywhere from 680k to 710k (Havoc DH) and this goes on for 2 hours and 30 minutes, sadly Krosus kills us over and over again. Now nothing was off with any members and i had a laugh and talked with everyone inbetween wipes and it was overall a pretty good night even though we wiped all the time. ¨

As i said, this was a month ago and they have still had raids on the usual times. But i have not been invited, not even to the HC runs even though i signed up all the time. Now i know that as a trial you should not a guild to just hand you things. Even though these guys are on progression at the moment i still was on top 5 when it comes to dps and i did not ignore adds or fail at mechanics at any given time, they were even missing dps one night but still did not give me a chance. So right now i'm about to talk to the officers and ask them what the hell is happening since they've given me a trial but i do not even getting the chance to show them what i am capable of.

TL;DR
    I have been given a trial period but haven't got to raid with them for a month whilst the officers are not saying anything.

So has anyone else experienced this before? In my opinion you should not be recruiting if you cannot allow trial raiders to trial but that's just what i think.
    They don't even invite you to heroic? That is a gigantic red-flag, we invite casuals to our heroic runs just to fill out spots, there is never any reason to not invite a player to heroic even if they are a trial. Sounds like some behind the scenes shit-talking is going on that is making you not get brought to raids. You need to get an officer to give it to you straight there might be a genuine problem happening but if they won't even talk to you about it there is 0 reason to stay.

Towards the comment about recruiting if you can not allow trials to raid... that isn't really true as there are plenty of situations in which a trial might not see that tiers progression, but to not even be brought for heroic is absurd. I have a feeling it was due to the fact you were pulling low numbers on Krosus for a DH, DHs should pretty much stomp everyone right now in pure ST so being 5th especially if you were the only DH is definitely pretty bad, even more so if it was early Krosus prog where you're not going to be getting to the last platform where execute classes can try and catch up.

Deleted
    Hey everyone

So a month back i was actively looking for a guild that is going into mythic NH and found one that suited my needs, they raid twice a week and also have a heroic run once every week. So i applied, got accepted and was given a trial. Now mind this, on their website they did not have any info on how they handle trial periods but i did not give this any though.

So week 1 i get to join their raid, they are currently progressing Mythic Krosus and i get to jump in as DPS. I pull anywhere from 680k to 710k (Havoc DH) and this goes on for 2 hours and 30 minutes, sadly Krosus kills us over and over again. Now nothing was off with any members and i had a laugh and talked with everyone inbetween wipes and it was overall a pretty good night even though we wiped all the time. ¨

As i said, this was a month ago and they have still had raids on the usual times. But i have not been invited, not even to the HC runs even though i signed up all the time. Now i know that as a trial you should not a guild to just hand you things. Even though these guys are on progression at the moment i still was on top 5 when it comes to dps and i did not ignore adds or fail at mechanics at any given time, they were even missing dps one night but still did not give me a chance. So right now i'm about to talk to the officers and ask them what the hell is happening since they've given me a trial but i do not even getting the chance to show them what i am capable of.

TL;DR
    I have been given a trial period but haven't got to raid with them for a month whilst the officers are not saying anything.

So has anyone else experienced this before? In my opinion you should not be recruiting if you cannot allow trial raiders to trial but that's just what i think.
    I really dont get the point of such threads. I guess one day i'll start one as well... will be something like:

Hey guys, I'm thirsty but I havent drank anything for 15 hours... has anyone experienced this before? Think i should wait some more time and see if it passes? Or drink something asap???

Seriously man, if you didnt raid for a month not even hc, what exactly are you waiting for? You shoudl've left after 2 weeks, top. There are a lot of reasons why guilds recruit people even if they dont really need them at the times... sometimes its because that way they steal a player from competing guild, other times its because if you are a decent gm/officer you always try to keep a big roster so if you have few random people quitting you can still start the raid without having to find replacements. That said, if they dont even bring you to hc (and a roster of 30 is more than enough for a mythic guild) it means they dont give a fuck about you. Go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    you really opened a thread for... that? just gquit and take another one of thousands of guilds. no clue whats your intention to open a thread for that stuff...
    Its called loyalty you should try it.
    Even if its missplaced as it seems for the OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Its called loyalty you should try it.
    Even if its missplaced as it seems for the OP.
    Loyalty for a guild he joined a month ago and that he has no relationships with? Come on.
    There is no loyalty for strangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    We sign up for the raids we can make, helps the officers plan out the week (We've had a week where we had to do mythic progress the first 2 days, because we didn't have enough people for mythic the last two)
    Oh, I guess different guilds plan different ways depending how serious they are. I was used to everyone being there and if you could not make it you had to announce it in good time :P

Deleted
    It always depends on the set-up, but as a raid leader of a guild with a fairly large roster I don't set aside for each raid night to run through the reasons with the people I'm not using as to why I'm not using them.

We all have lives, me giving up a 10-15 minute slot for each person to talk it through and explain what I'm thinking of and what my reasons are is just far too much so there can't really be too much expectation on a play-by-play of the decision making process.

If this is your DH: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...allidin/simple
    (based on your previous post and post history, I'd say with about 90% certainty that it is)

...it should be pretty obvious why you're not invited to anything. How you even got invited to Mythic Krosus with your gear is pretty impressive.

edit: Nice green/grey parses.
    Last edited by arr0gance; 2017-02-20 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    (based on your previous post and post history, I'd say with about 90% certainty that it is)

...it should be pretty obvious why you're not invited to anything. How you even got invited to Mythic Krosus with your gear is pretty impressive.

I don't know but if this is indeed the OP's character... I see mythic logs and normal mode logs. And only very few. Like you jumped on a giant ship when you had yet to master a two man boat. Total misfit tbh.

The guild he is in isnt anywhere near M Krosus, unless he confused HC Krosus with M Krosus

His Rogue Henzley its a 4-5 month old screenshot, he could have easily rerolled by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Oh, I guess different guilds plan different ways depending how serious they are. I was used to everyone being there and if you could not make it you had to announce it in good time :P
    For most officers it's easier to keep track who "announced in good time they cannot make it" if it has a tangible form of decline in an in-game calendar event or in case of some guilds, online website calendar.

The situation of "I told Bob to tell Joe to tell the GM I have my grandma's bday on Sunday so I can't make it" is usually creating confusion, and memory of officers isn't always pristine either so they would have to make a spreadsheet / notepad themselves to note down who said what. Way simpler with in-game / website calendar event system.

I was once in a guild where there was so much drama because some people claimed they told officer / GM they can't make it and somehow no one remembered them saying anything and then it was one word against another.

In another guild I saw calendar invites being locked 3 days in advance, if you changed your mind after that moment it was counting as a no-show and no early notice for it either.

Tbh before days of flexing normal & hc even casual guilds had to plan to some extent their roster because you didn't want to end up few people too short on a raid evening.

Did you also apply to other guilds? During BC I applied to a few guilds, got invited to one and was in for their Gurthogg kill but never heard from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    They don't even invite you to heroic? That is a gigantic red-flag, we invite casuals to our heroic runs just to fill out spots, there is never any reason to not invite a player to heroic even if they are a trial. Sounds like some behind the scenes shit-talking is going on that is making you not get brought to raids. You need to get an officer to give it to you straight there might be a genuine problem happening but if they won't even talk to you about it there is 0 reason to stay.

Towards the comment about recruiting if you can not allow trials to raid... that isn't really true as there are plenty of situations in which a trial might not see that tiers progression, but to not even be brought for heroic is absurd. I have a feeling it was due to the fact you were pulling low numbers on Krosus for a DH, DHs should pretty much stomp everyone right now in pure ST so being 5th especially if you were the only DH is definitely pretty bad, even more so if it was early Krosus prog where you're not going to be getting to the last platform where execute classes can try and catch up.
    Yeah that's nuts...Our normal runs are literally anyone in guild at the time even if they're a hard carry just to run with 30 people. Heroic we take socials and everything same thing - mains are 905-910 so carrying is pretty easy.

As for numbers that would have been his first raid with the guild and most guilds take performance with a grain of salt as usually it's not a clear indicator of performance. Generally the person is nervous, fresh to the fight / strat which the rest of the guild have done xx attempts on the boss and have it down to muscle memory, and from experience you end up just playing a lot more defensively focusing more on mechanics to avoid having a huge *&^% up on your first raid with a new group of people.

@OP Currently in my first week of trial and have been brought to 3 mythic kills, ran basically the same group for Krosus since it was a rekill but that's generally the norm.
    In my opinion a trial is not only for the guild to decide if they have a permanent spot for you, it's also a trial for yourself to see if you enjoy raiding in this environment - Currently it doesn't really sounds like a swell place to be, I feel like you should look on wowprogress and find something else around similar prog and send through an application. I personally am a big advocate of finding a guild with a good culture within it as well as solid prog, I would prefer to raid in a 5/10M guild over a 7/10M guild if it meant that I was just going to enjoy my time online and playing with these people a lot more.

if you dont get a invite even for HC just gquit

Haven't looked at their posts but considering OP said their DH is 903ilvl and pulling 700k dps, I doubt that's the same one.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP - why are you still replying to people here? Yes, some have been hostile etc but... the answer's obvious. Move on. Quit. I don't see why you've not even updated us on what you've done since the first page of replies. Have you talked to them? Left? Not logged in?