Thread: new laptop

Deleted

new laptop

Hello guys im in search for a laptop for my parents so i found this lenovo ideapad 110-15 and i can get it for 288e 12ex24
    so the question is it price wise worth it and will it be enough for browsing, office youtube and maybe watch some movies via hdmi.

Thanks

Deleted
    Any suggestions?

Lenovo can be fine but the keyboard like to fail after 1-2 years.

try an acer aspire you can pick them up for around the same price as the lenovo you have listed the acer will do everything you need it to

If it's the 4-core Pentium model... maybe. It won't be a speed demon, but you'll be able to use it just fine for the listed activities and not much more.

If it's the dual-core Celeron, no, absolutely not.
    Super casual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    If it's the 4-core Pentium model... maybe. It won't be a speed demon, but you'll be able to use it just fine for the listed activities and not much more.

If it's the dual-core Celeron, no, absolutely not.
    procesor AMD E1-7010 (1,5 GHz)? 2 cores i think

Quote Originally Posted by alexis232991 View Post
    procesor AMD E1-7010 (1,5 GHz)? 2 cores i think
    E1s are probably the slowest x86 CPU you can find in a modern PC, so also no.

Even for day to day tasks, I wouldn't take anything less than a quad-core Athlon, Celeron, or Pentium (for most purposes, same performance) or ideally an i3 as even the chips I listed will be borderline usable when doing any degree of multitasking. Anything less feels like throwing money away; if it's slow now, in two years when websites are even more CPU intensive than they are now it's gonna be a nightmare for those poor low clocked dual core chips.
    Super casual.