Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The SJW planet keeps spinning.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Whose talking about Disney?

Oh nobody... and if you have actually read anything i said you would know that.

And heres Armoured Skeptics latest video on the Mainstream media...

Armoured Skeptics video really hit the nail on the head.

IMHO PewDiePie has become a proxy for Trump, the media wants to destroy Pewd's as a kind of totem. They tie him to Trump, make him seem like he is somehow part of the Trump "movement" and if they can destroy PewDiePie those in the chattering class can re-assert their dominance and cultural relevance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    His jokes were anti-semitic, because that's what the jokes were about. Being anti-semitic, lol jk.

South Park makes anti-semitic jokes almost weekly, but Matt Stone and Trey Parker aren't employed by Disney, so that's why you don't see WSJ reaching out to Disney for an official comment on their jokes.

WSJ wrote that these were jokes in large print, and you're complaining that they didn't emphasize enough that they were jokes.
    If jokes from one cause a shitstorm but not the other, one should ask why is Silverman's jokes okay but not PewDiePie's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    If jokes from one cause a shitstorm but not the other, one should ask why is Silverman's jokes okay but not PewDiePie's?
    The answer you're fishing for is that it must only be okay if bleeding heart liberals do it. So I'm assuming that you're lumping Matt Stone and Trey Parker in with that category, and that you're attempting to extrapolate liberal bias from a well-known right-leaning newspaper.

Whataboutism is really all you people ever have, isn't it?

7+ Year Old Account
    The answer you seem to be looking for is it's only okay if bleeding heart liberals do it without causing a shitstorm. So I'm assuming that you're lumping Matt Stone and Trey Parker in with that category, and that you're attempting to extrapolate liberal bias from a well-known right-leaning newspaper.

Whataboutism is really all you people ever have, isn't it?
    Matt and Trey have the exact situation of being on television and part of the conventional old media. Their show is on cable television.

PewDiePie exists beyond that world.

"Whataboutism," has really become such a terrible forced meme. All I'm asking is for you to explain why X is evil, but Y isn't and nobody seems to want to dare actually address the question. It seems like Pewd's is being subject to a media smear campaign simply for capricious and senseless reasons.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

His jokes were anti-semitic, because that's what the jokes were about. Being anti-semitic, lol jk.

South Park makes anti-semitic jokes almost weekly, but Matt Stone and Trey Parker aren't employed by Disney, so that's why you don't see WSJ reaching out to Disney for an official comment on their jokes.

WSJ wrote that these were jokes in large print, and you're complaining that they didn't emphasize enough that they were jokes.
    I don't think I ever made that complaint? All I said is that the context of those jokes were completely removed from the equations. As for the 'death to all jews' thing was simply to demonstrate how far people would go for a bit of cash. He didn't ask them to do that because he believes in 'death to all jews' or because he thought people saying 'death to all jews' is funny, but actually wrote something really outstandingly outrageous that basically nobody in their right mind would say, to push the website to its 'limits' on what they'd do for cash, and was actually genuinely surprised that they actually went through with it. He even apologizes in the same video.

"Whataboutism," has really become such a terrible forced meme.
    Oh dear. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

All I'm asking is for you to explain why X is evil, but Y isn't and nobody seems to want to dare actually address the question. It seems like Pewd's is being subject to a media smear campaign simply for capricious and senseless reasons.
    The article wasn't editorialized to pass judgement on what is and isn't okay. An employee of Disney, pretty much the face of family-friendly entertainment, made anti-semitic jokes.

So WSJ reached out to Disney for an official comment. According to you, the only reasonable explanation for that is WSJ feels threatened by this guy and other members of the "new" media, so they're attempting to destroy him and Trump. Do I have that right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

The article wasn't editorialized to pass judgement on what is and isn't okay. An employee of Disney, pretty much the face of family-friendly entertainment, made anti-semitic jokes.

So WSJ reached out to Disney for an official comment. According to you, the only reasonable explanation for that is WSJ feels threatened by this guy and other members of the "new" media, so they're attempting to destroy him and Trump. Do I have that right?
    Seems odd to target him NOW? And to try to compare him to Trump and make strange sets of connections.

Seems odd to target him NOW? And to try to compare him to Trump and make strange sets of connections.
    You find it odd that they didn't report on the video the day it came out, instead waiting to hear back from Disney about it. So it must be a conspiracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just the mainstream media trying to fight back against YouTube channels and alternative news.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should all rescind their previous statements and apologize to him.

The fact that they would all dive headlong into this bullshit in the midst of a massive credibility crisis is absurd.

It's pretty funny when you consider the founder of the Disney company was a raging antisemite.

Deleted
    And heres Computing Forevers response...

This guy does tech reviews but has recently moved into current affairs commentary too.

- - - Updated - - -

And heres Kraut & Teas response..... hes a German Youtuber if you didnt know

Good to see such massive support for the guy and to see the massive fail from the media on this.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Good to see such massive support for the guy and to see the massive fail from the media on this.
    I am partaking of the media at the moment and neither see or hear anything referencing any of this bit of silliness...So I guess you may be correct that they are failing...at what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Uhh, then you have no business talking about Americans or American politics?
    I don't know about your school, but mine taught American politics and did their best to explain why everybody stuck in that one spot on the spectrum and still thinking it's the entire left to right they're sitting in.

It's part of the indoctrination and the american dream(tm)

Disney are a bunch of retarded cunts. So is anyone that thinks that dude is antisemitic. This is the perfect example how the fucked up media can fuck up someone by using things out of context. Fuck those idiots for not actually checking the facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Holy shit batman, your whole argument is utter fail - you are seriously comparing an idiot on youtube to a newspaper /facepalm
    So someone that has 50 million subscribers is an idiot and a bunch of cretins that have together 2 million subscribers is a "newspaper"? Your "whole argument" is completely fucked up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Holy shit batman, your whole argument is utter fail - you are seriously comparing an idiot on youtube to a newspaper /facepalm
    Feel free to explain how reach and exposure are irrelevant to this conversation.

Clue: in the eyes of advertisers spending millions of dollars every week on advertising whose reach is more appealing to them?

Clue: in the eyes of advertisers spending millions of dollars every week on advertising whose reach is more appealing to them?
    I'm going to guess it would be the one who does not make jokes about murdering people who follow certain religions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I'm going to guess it would be the one who does not make jokes about murdering people who follow certain religions.
    You still havent watched the jokes in context i see... good luck with life being so narrowminded.

You still havent watched the jokes in context i see... good luck with life being so narrowminded.
    No, no, you are, of course, right... advertisers are falling over themselves to be associated with people that make off-key jokes about murdering religious followers. I mean you simply cannot go through a ad-break without someone mentioning it.