Poll: Who would've won in Stormhelm?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    If Greymane didn't run away in the end of the Stormhelm cinematic, and the fight continued to the death , who do you think would've walked away the victor - Sylvanas or Greymane?
    Sylvanas, without breaking a sweat..

Greymane ambushed her, while she was totally focused on her Val'kyr-stuff and still she managed to ROLFSTOMP him, even while she attempted to complete the ritual.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    It's gonna be funny when Greymane is the next big villain because he effectively lead because of his personal views......same as Jania.
    For how high and mighty Alliance acts , a lot of their leaders sure as hell don't seem to fit in the picture. I'm still waiting for Jaina to go completely crazy (not much left) and become a raid boss.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Sylvanas is about 20,000 years old
    LOL.. What??

20K years ago, elves didn't exist.. The oldest are ~14K years old and starting to die from old age..
    She have only been undead for 20 years or so, which have nothing to do with her age..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    Sylvanas didn't survive the jump off Icecrown Citadel. She died. The only reason she was pulled from Nyalotha was because Annhylde took her place in Nyalotha and brought her back. IOW, she got her ass rezzed.
    I wish people would read before they post. The only reason the fall killed her because she landed on saronite, which she intended. If she jumped and landed on normal ground she would have been fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    sylvanas hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Somehow your avatar makes me doubt your impartiality.
    This was my first thought aswell ahah.

OT: Greymane felt like he had the upper hand for good part of the fight, and in the end he won.
    I think no one would have killed the other though, because A. if Sylvanas died, the horde would have become really just a handful of nobodies and B. Neither of them are obviously supposed to die at this point.

Deleted
    Might be a good place to ask this but what was happening in Stoneheim?

I think I may have not been paying attention but playing as ally (not yet done Broken Isles content as horde) what was Sylvannas up to?

I read someplace she was on a quest for immortality or some such but no more than that.

Is there anywhere I can get a plot summary of the Horde experience in Stormheim?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Might be a good place to ask this but what was happening in Stoneheim?

I think I may have not been paying attention but playing as ally (not yet done Broken Isles content as horde) what was Sylvannas up to?

I read someplace she was on a quest for immortality or some such but no more than that.

Is there anywhere I can get a plot summary of the Horde experience in Stormheim?
    Sylvanas want's Eyir or her power, Genn stops her.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Genn would have won. Sylvanas isn't used to fighting in all that clothing. /thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    An unarmored target like Greymane was ? Also the video clearly showed the dude piercing chain-mail. And you're right , I dont believe everything I see or read in comments from strangers. Plate armor was very efficient at stopping arrows , however it was also very expensive and weighed you down like crazy. But we're getting off-topic.
    We're talking about Sylvanas vs Greymane. I was asked how would Sylvanas being a ranger help her in close combat , and I replied that a bow (in RL or even more so in a fantasy game) can be deadly in close range linking a video source for reference. I see zero issues here. I also referred to the in-game cinematic to show that she didn't have an issue disengaging from Grey, and thus avoiding the close combat altogether.
    Your response on the other hand has little common sense and no evidence , and can be summarised as: "Nuh-uh, bowz r stupid, armor stop arrows , get logicz "
    It is evident you have never studied or researched the topic of armour nor have you worked metal nor could you have drawn a bow in your life to come up with such foolish comments. You cannot categorically say that "plate was very efficient at stopping arrows". There are so many factors involved, I'm embarrassed for you - it is clear you do not share in that shame so here's a video showing some "herp-a-derp" test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Xp56uVyxs

Note the description while you're watching the video for additional information.

You can find videos like this all over, but let me just remind you of what I said. This time, read the words and then understand them rather than ignoring them: Even Ancient Roman and Greek armour would not be penetrated by a bow that humans could draw that fast and any bow that offered the necessary force to penetrate could not be wielded in such a way.

First search result

Never once did I say that plate or maille or gambeson was good or bad at stopping arrows. To do so would be foolish.

I'm offering you the impetus to search out the answer so that you stop embarrassing yourself with silly comments like the above; it is clear that cartoons and games have given you a false sense of your understanding of the subject matter.

All of this information I'm giving you are from the top search results. You needn't have searched far to get some decent information, this one from Wikipedia on Longbows:

In an early modern test by Saxton Pope, a direct hit from a steel bodkin point penetrated Damascus mail armour.

A 2006 test was made by Matheus Bane using a 75 lbf (330 N) draw (at 28") bow, shooting at 10 yards; according to Bane's calculations, this would be approximately equivalent to a 110 lbf (490 N) bow at 250 yards. Measured against a replica of the thinnest contemporary "Jack coat" armour, a 905 grain needle bodkin and a 935 grain curved broadhead penetrated over 3.5 inches (89 mm). ("Jack coat" armour could be up to twice as thick as the coat tested; in Bane's opinion such a thick coat would have stopped bodkin arrows but not the cutting force of broadhead arrows.) Against "high quality riveted maille", the needle bodkin and curved broadhead penetrated 2.8". Against a coat of plates, the needle bodkin achieved 0.3" penetration. The curved broadhead did not penetrate but caused 0.3" of deformation of the metal. Results against plate armour of "minimum thickness" (1.2mm) were similar to the coat of plates, in that the needle bodkin penetrated to a shallow depth, the other arrows not at all. In Bane's view, the plate armour would have kept out all the arrows if thicker or worn with more padding.

Other modern tests described by Bane include those by Williams (which concluded that longbows could not penetrate mail, but in Bane's view did not use a realistic arrow tip), Robert Hardy's tests (which achieved broadly similar results to Bane), and a Primitive Archer test which demonstrated that a longbow could penetrate a plate armour breastplate. However, the Primitive Archer test used a 160 lbf (710 N) longbow at very short range, generating 160 joules (vs. 73 for Bane and 80 for Williams), so probably not representative of battles of the time.

Tests conducted by Mark Stretton examined the effects of heavier war shafts (as opposed to lighter hunting or distance-shooting 'flight arrows'). The quarrel-like 102 gram arrow from a yew 'self bow' (with a draw weight of 144lbs at 32 inches) while travelling at 47.23 metres per second yielded 113.76 joules, more kinetic energy than the lighter broad-heads while achieving 90% of the range. The short, heavy quarrel-form bodkin could penetrate a replica brigandine at up to 40° from perpendicular.

In 2011, Mike Loades conducted an experiment in which short bodkin arrows were shot at a range of 10 yd (9.1 m) by bows of 140 pounds-force (620 N) - powerful bows at less than normal battlefield range. The target was covered in a riveted mail over a fabric armour of deerskin over 24 linen layers. While most arrows went through the mail layer, none fully penetrated the textile armour.

Other research has also concluded that later medieval armour, such as that of the Italian city state mercenary companies, was effective at stopping contemporary arrows.

You also didn't read nor understand what I said : "I couldn't care less who would win in some fantasy battle and using real life logic and reason in an attempt to negotiate lore and fantasy in a world we didn't create seems foolish albeit benign".

A bow and arrow was not a short range weapon, it was not used at short range because there were few weapons that existed that would not be a better choice.

I'm offering you that this man is a Jester - an excellent and skilled Jester, but a Jester all the same. All accounts researched and submitted by venerated historians and all the research and experimentation goes against this man who is using his impressive skill to fool idiots into believing that "War-archers" worked that way on a battlefield, or could work that way on a battlefield.

That specific scenario? Sylvanas of course, since Greymane was wounded.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Somebody beat me to it.
    I said that same thing too. Can I get a cookie?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Neither is adding a emojji to the end of your sentence make your argument stronger, Anaxie may go to extremes but he does point out things that should be obvious from time to time.
    And adding emoji's is a bad thing why? Anaxie is saying "You're a fucking moron" and all that other shit, just because someone doesn't see eye to eye with em. Who are you to back smack someone who's telling someone else to calm down, all because the other guy is spewing random insults out?

It's pretty simple. If Greymane could kill Sylvanas, he would've kill Sylvanas. But she's a superior (not counting plot armor), she's undead (pretty hard to kill, feels no pain, can't die of poison, diseade, bleeding, internal organ damage), she's pretty quick, has magic skills. As powerful as the Worgen curse may be, Genn is still no match against Sylvanas.

(Mind you, I'd like to see Sylvanas die there, but this is not about my personal tastes, it's an analysis based on what we know about those characters).

10+ Year Old Account
    And adding emoji's is a bad thing why? Anaxie is saying "You're a fucking moron" and all that other shit, just because someone doesn't see eye to eye with em. Who are you to back smack someone who's telling someone else to calm down, all because the other guy is spewing random insults out?
    Once again I urge you to actually read, I was backing up the obvious points he made, not the insults.

I said that same thing too. Can I get a cookie?

Krazy acts like Sylvanas ran over his dog. If he can he blames Sylvanas for everything.
    Holy shit lol

Sylvanas clearly has much stronger plot armor. She's already undead and seems to be much sturdier than she looks, so I'm not sure if Greymane could kill her even if she wasn't fighting back. She's some kind of weird corporeal banshee, so simply tearing her apart and throwing the pieces in a fire probably won't do it. She's just stick around as an incorporeal banshee instead.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as she was staring at Eyir, Greymane could've easily jumped in and critted her with a swipe. Pity he thought the battle was over.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Seeing as she was staring at Eyir, Greymane could've easily jumped in and critted her with a swipe. Pity he thought the battle was over.
    I fail to see how genn would be strong enough to fight when we know he collapses and is taken by the alliance shortly after
    Holy shit lol

One of them limped away from the fight wounded, the other did not. Enough said.

If genn hadn't let his need for revenge announce himself, he probably could have stealthed in, pick pocketed the lamp and ambushed her into a stun
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

in range sylvanas for sure
    but in near combat I will pick greymane worgen form