Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No, no, you are, of course, right... advertisers are falling over themselves to be associated with people that make off-key jokes about murdering religious followers. I mean you simply cannot go through a ad-break without someone mentioning it.
    If advertisers are gonna keep away its because of the media fake outrage, they simply dont wanna get involved.

This 100% does not prove that what pewdiepie did was wrong...

As ive stated before... if pewdiepies jokes are considered going too far then you must also agree to bash on Charlie Chaplin for The Great Dictator, John Cleese for Fawlty Towers, Gene Wilder & Mel Brooks for The Producers, oh and South Park for almost everything theyve ever done.

This list can easily be added to with COMPARABLE jokes.

If you are outraged at pewdiepie then be consistant and call out everyone else.

But ofc you wont because you are a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    If advertisers are gonna keep away its because of the media fake outrage, they simply dont wanna get involved.

This 100% does not prove that what pewdiepie did was wrong...

As ive stated before... if pewdiepies jokes are considered going too far then you must also agree to bash on Charlie Chaplins for The Great Dictator, John Cleese for Fawlty Towers, Gene WIlder & Mel Brooks for The Producers, oh and South Park for almost everything theyve ever done.

This list can easily be added to with COMPARABLE jokes.

If you are outraged at pewdiepie then be consistant and call out everyone else.

But ofc you wont because you are a hypocrite.
    No, it is not. They will keep away because the jokes are not deemed socially acceptable.

You've stated this before but all this shows is you do not understand what you are talking about.

I am not in the least outraged by Pewdiepie, I think what he did was stupid but to be honest I would not have given it a second thought if it was not for the outrage of his followers who will not let the matter die.

If I am honest I now feel a certain degree of sympathy for Pewdiepie not because the WSJ ran a story about his jokes but because he now has people, like you, championing his cause. People who will not let it go until his career has been destroyed who will then turn around and blame the media for what they have done.

Deleted
    No, it is not. They will keep away because the jokes are not deemed socially acceptable.

You've stated this before but all this shows is you do not understand what you are talking about.

I am not in the least outraged by Pewdiepie, I think what he did was stupid but to be honest I would not have given it a second thought if it was not for the outrage of his followers who will not let the matter die.

If I am honest I now feel a certain degree of sympathy for Pewdiepie not because the WSJ ran a story about his jokes but because he now has people, like you, championing his cause. People who will not let it go until his career has been destroyed who will then turn around and blame the media for what they have done.
    You are a hypocrite.

Pewdiepie was not out of line in any way... and this is proven by the fact that almost the entire internet has come out in his defense. People who have objectively and fairly studied the evidence.

Hypocrites like you just enjoy fake outrage. You have no brain of your own to look at the evidence and make your own mind up.

His joke was EQUALLY as offensive as every comedian that i listed but hypocrites like you wont agree because you refuse to question your mainstream media. In your worldview the mainstream media is honest and fair and therefore you should never question them. Sadly for you the next generation think you are an idiot if you trust the mainstream... and theyre right.

If you think pewdiepies joke is more offensive than all the other Hitler/Jew jokes out there then you are fukking stupid.

Deleted

If you think pewdiepies joke is more offensive than all the other Hitler/Jew jokes out there then you are fukking stupid.
    i don't get the joke.

How does paying 2 indian guys on fiverr to hold up a sign saying death to all jews a joke? Whats the punch line?

Holy shit. I decided to read the WSJ article out of curiosity. And whats wrong with it? It never passes judgement on Pewdiepie and just ask Disney for comments on his anti-semmitic stunt.

Wonder how many more videos Sargon of Akkad and other anti-SJWs are going to make on this topic. I'll bet at least two.

Its really the only way they stay relevant after many of the pro-GamerGate and anti-SJW people abandoned them for being the exact same ideologues as the ones they originally fought against.

WSJ are fucking retarded, sure. What's almost as bad is the spooging over this for attention. Not because they're passionate. But because it gets the clicks.

something something sheckles, am i doing it right?
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-02-20 at 01:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    i don't get the joke.

How does paying 2 indian guys on fiverr to hold up a sign saying death to all jews a joke? Whats the punch line?
    It was a social experiment to see just how far the guys on Fiverr would go. He couldve used any off-colour phrase for them to hold up. THAT is why the joke has fukk all to do with Jews, he couldve used Blacks, Whites, French, Asians, Muslims...

CONTEXT

Anyone whose bothered to look at the joke can see clear as day pewdiepie isnt a fukking anti-semite. He also wasnt targetting any hatred on anybody either. The fact No Jews have complained about this demonstrates that fact.

This manufactured fake outrage is coming from idiots who wanna sound like theyre fighting against something... anyone 'offended' by pewdiepie is a fukkwitt of enormous proportions.

You are a hypocrite.

Pewdiepie was not out of line in any way... and this is proven by the fact that almost the entire internet has come out in his defense. People who have objectively and fairly studied the evidence.

Hypocrites like you just enjoy fake outrage. You have no brain of your own to look at the evidence and make your own mind up.

His joke was EQUALLY as offensive as every comedian that i listed but hypocrites like you wont agree because you refuse to question your mainstream media. In your worldview the mainstream media is honest and fair and therefore you should never question them. Sadly for you the next generation think you are an idiot if you trust the mainstream... and theyre right.

The entire internet has not come out in his defence. The usual anti-PC idiots, who are outraged at everything, are out in force but other than no-one really cares.

This outrage you keep speaking about simply does not exist. The only outraged people are youtubers and people like you who blindly follow them.

Honestly, your entire diatribe is paranoid nonsense. If you stopped being outraged and taking your opinions from idiots on youtube you would see that all these things you claim that have taken place or been written have simply not happened.

i don't get the joke.

The context is that people will do anything for $5. I guess we can say that's a no duh! He also tells the viewers to subscribed to Keemstar which is some kind of tweeter feed for Drama alerts, which is supposed to also signal it's a joke, admittedly I don't follow this stuff enough, so I don't get it.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-02-20 at 01:49 PM.

Deleted
    Whats the punch line?
    There is no explicit line, because the routine is very standard: claim you can get something that should be outside of the things you can get, and then easily get it. It comes packed with supporting giggles and minor routines to persuade the public, in making them complicit rather than guilty. When the deed is done, the take away is a simple reflection on the horribleness that was accomplished; the complicity vanishes and it reflects back on the spectator, who laughs as a simple defensive recourse. It's a classical it's funny because it's true, yet the truth is grim and painful.

The joke is how we consume media, and what terrible products the media is capable of manufacture to appease our gluttony. Fiverr delivered in spades, and so did WSJ. The youtuber participated both as conduit and as media himself, delivering terrible products, and being just the same cog he's upset with.
    The audience is the butt of the joke, as it often is.
    The response, as it also often is, has been to kill the messenger. Which is yet another instance of the exact same joke:
    Feign outrage to try and impose bad consequences on something; then easily get it: because the audience -of the journal in this case- is still stupid, and they know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    The context is that people will do anything for $5. I guess we can say that's a no duh!
    Yeah! Because it's real funny to pay people who live in abject poverty to hold up offensive signs. Social commentary...

Deleted
    The entire internet has not come out in his defence. The usual anti-PC idiots, who are outraged at everything, are out in force but other than no-one really cares.

This outrage you keep speaking about simply does not exist. The only outraged people are youtubers and people like you who blindly follow them.

Honestly, your entire diatribe is paranoid nonsense. If you stopped being outraged and taking your opinions from idiots on youtube you would see that all these things you claim that have taken place or been written have simply not happened.
    The only person pushing outrage is you

Im not outraged at all, im calling out the motives behind a targetted slanderous hitpiece that was based on no evidence whatsoever... its a classic example of fake news to anyone who bothers to research it.

There was ZERO problems with the jokes when they were aired... none, nothing, nada, zip.

And yet 3 WSJ are tasked with doing a piece on pewdiepie and BOOM theres a problem that nobody else saw...

yeah this doesnt stink of fake news at all....

Thankfully fair and intelligent commentators can see this for what it is... fake news.

If you are outraged at pewdiepies use of Hitler imagery in a couple of jokes then you should be equally as outraged at Charlie Chaplin, John Cleese, South Park, Mel Brooks, Gene Wilder... at least be consistent and be outraged at all of them.
    Last edited by mmoc978ad45763; 2017-02-20 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah! Because it's real funny to pay people who live in abject poverty to hold up offensive signs. Social commentary...
    It's the direction we're going. Gaming is less interactive, jokes are less funny, news are less informative, etc.
    Be it a) in the name of inclusion and not offending anyone or b) in the name of transgression and down with PC or whatevs, the result is all the same: stuff is less good.
    It's 2017, no surprise there; we deserve this.

I stand by "it's either all okay, or nothing is."

The jokes he made are rough, but funny because of their shock value.

Deleted
    IIT: I'm not outraged and I really need you to believe it, so I'll write as angrily as I can for no reason at all.

Who the fuck is the "entire internet?"

Had it not been for this thread and the few o-so-outraged I wouldn't have know anything about this shit...

The only person pushing outrage is you

Im not outraged at all, im calling out the motives behind a targetted slanderous hitpiece that was based on no evidence whatsoever... its a classic example of fake news to anyone who bothers to research it.

There was ZERO problems with the jokes when they were aired... none, nothing, nada, zip.

And yet 3 WSJ are tasked with doing a piece on pewdiepie and BOOM theres a problem that nobody else saw...

yeah this doesnt stink of fake news at all....

Thankfully fair and intelligent commentators can see this for what it is... fake news.

If you are outraged at pewdiepies use of Hitler imagery in a couple of jokes then you should be equally as outraged at Charlie Chaplin, John Cleese, South Park, Mel Brooks, Gene Wilder... at least be consistent and be outraged at them too.
    Really? Did someone on youtube tell you this?

The article was not slanderous and the evidence is plain for anyone to see in Pewdiepie's videos and he admitted making the jokes.

What? You aren't making sense.

I keep telling you I am not outraged at Pewdiepie. But why would anyone be outraged at Charlie Chaplin? You do know he is dead? And it is not like he paid anyone to hold up anti-Semitic signs and as far as I am aware nor did John Cleese, Mel Brookes or Gene Wilder. I am sure that South Park have been at centre of controversy on more than one occasion and had plenty of negative stories written about their content so I don't why you felt the need to mention them.

Deleted
    Really? Did someone on youtube tell you this?
    Coming from someone whose only read the article and then buried thier head in the sand from any opposing views.

Hypocrite much?

- - - Updated - - -

The article was not slanderous and the evidence is plain for anyone to see in Pewdiepie's videos and he admitted making the jokes.
    Well pewdiepie is considering taking them to court for slander so we will see if he does.

The service is not limited to people living in poverty. I don't know if he picked who to hold the sign or if just picked a random. Maybe your displeasure should be aimed at the website who employees these people and less on PDP for testing it's limit.

OBTW: I'm not a PDP fan, looking at what he did in context, I just view it has silly, shock jock behavior.

Deleted
    If saying that "one is not outraged" is evidence of not being outraged, then the youtuber saying that the jokes are not anti-whatevs is evidence that they're not.
    This thread is priceless.