Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I mean y'all do realize that people who are ok with accepting refugees into their country aren't doing it to force them into homes of people who don't want them, right?
    That is incorrect.
    In Greece they take over hotels and buildings and force them to accept refugees
    for example City Plaza Hotel and Oniros Hotel.
    They simply broke the locks and entered. The owners went live and complained and explained it was going to be sold and that the buildings were not abandoned.
    The media showed pictures that it was fully stocked inside hotel and in perfect condition, but despite that, the same media named it "abandoned" and supported the take over. (not that it matters if it is empty or not)

NGOs from other countries (Medico International and one more) support the take over and provide free meals to the refugees
    Now, the complains of the owners are forgotten, so the media now present it as an example(!!) and a legit and good thing (!) to take over other people's property by force! More buildings are broken into and permanently taken over by force.

Fake news alert below: The hotels were not abandoned
    http://time.com/4501017/greek-anarch...ndoned-hotels/

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    What kind of retarded logic is this.

Should all of the pro-lifers have to adopt all of the babies born if abortions were illegal too? Of course not. That would be absurd.
    To be fair, babies won't rape your wife/daughter and slaughter you for being jewish like a "refugee"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The majority does not get to decide. In our country, a minority just decided the President.

The reason rich people are taxed at a higher rate, is because they can afford a higher rate. It's not really based on usage, it's about how much you can fleece from people, before they revolt.
    As said before, it's a US-specific problem. Other democratic countries with better systems don't have to deal with that.

Yeah, rich people can afford a higher tax rate, that's basically what I tried to say, but much more concise.

Its a "fair share" thing folks, shes got plenty of rooms to go around and can afford the loss of the rooms more then folks with less rooms.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Its a "fair share" thing folks, shes got plenty of rooms to go around and can afford the loss of the rooms more then folks with less rooms.

She has donated 160 million to charities. Seems like a pretty good fair share to me. Since you seem to think she should do more, what have you done yourself?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I asked AveMaria, is that your name?

To answer your question. I don't demand anyone to do anything I don't do.

- - - Updated - - -

I call bullshit on them taking someones home. Can you provide any evidence of this happening?
    No, the house was owned by the town council to house people with addiction problems/money problems etc etc
    They came to the conclusion that the children from syria needed it more and evicted the people living there.
    They had people with means to help them in the community, the syrians did not, so I agree they needed it more.
    You simply asked what I did to contribute :P

She has donated 160 million to charities. Seems like a pretty good fair share to me. Since you seem to think she should do more, what have you done yourself?
    Non-sense, shes has more rooms to give, shes hasn't given her fair share at all.

Nothing since as an american im not obligated to help European imports in the slightest. So your silly question is silly, but do please keep asking them. i find them very amusing this morning.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    https://www.change.org/p/j-k-rowling...spare-bedrooms

So, J.K. Rowling is all for accepting refugees - this petition is about suggesting her to stop talking and starting to act
    Maybe she should just stop talking...?
    Isn't that what you really want?

She has donated 160 million to charities.
    A rich person throwing money she won't miss at a problem. You might as well jerk me off right now for giving five bucks to the Red Cross the other day, or liking that sob story on Facebook. I'm helping!

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    A rich person throwing money she won't miss at a problem. You might as well jerk me off right now for giving five bucks to the Red Cross the other day, or liking that sob story on Facebook. I'm helping!

Oh, well I guess she shouldn't have given anything then...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AveMaria View Post
    Wait, Rich people should have more to say about how the society they live in should conform?
    I would request that instead of cherry picking a small sentence from my argument, you look at it in it's entirety, because really, that is not the message I am trying to convey. (Yes, I realise I erred in my choice of words that I spent upwards of 2-4 seconds penning, but I should have known that this forum is occupied by people more concerned with picking on semantics than actually having a meaningful dialogue.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AveMaria View Post
    No, the house was owned by the town council to house people with addiction problems/money problems etc etc
    They came to the conclusion that the children from syria needed it more and evicted the people living there.
    They had people with means to help them in the community, the syrians did not, so I agree they needed it more.
    You simply asked what I did to contribute :P

See how different the story is now.

We went from they had their home taken away to house refugees, to they were evicted from a communal place so they could house those more in need.

I mean y'all do realize that people who are ok with accepting refugees into their country aren't doing it to force them into homes of people who don't want them, right?
    Rich people will always have bodyguards/other people following them around. The chance of them being raped by refugees is nigh 0.

The common people are the ones who suffer.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is not a credible source sorry.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgxvQXunMmU

I know its only a hotel, but surely, if a old mans hotel can be used to house immigrants, why not some rich white privileged woman?

10+ Year Old Account
    Non-sense, shes has more rooms to give, shes hasn't given her fair share at all.

Nothing since as an american im not obligated to help European imports in the slightest. So your silly question is silly, but do please keep asking them. i find them very amusing this morning.

She isn't obligated either. No matter what she asked her government to do.

So your silly demand is silly.

7+ Year Old Account
    See how different the story is now.

We went from they had their home taken away to house refugees, to they were evicted from a communal place so they could house those more in need.
    They did lose their home though, bottom line. Most people dont own the property they live on.
    But to say that people are being thrown out of their homes to shelter refugees is not false.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Rich people will always have bodyguards/other people following them around. The chance of them being raped by refugees is nigh 0.

The common people are the ones who suffer.
    But think of how good they can feel when telling their friends about all the unfortunate "brown folks" they saved! (helping minorities is worth more points)

"Fair share?" WTF?
    She's not obligated at all to give anything.

She isn't obligated either. No matter what she asked her government to do.

So your silly demand is silly.
    How can you view a suggestion as a demand? Really don't be so confused about such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    As said before, it's a US-specific problem. Other democratic countries with better systems don't have to deal with that.

Yeah, rich people can afford a higher tax rate, that's basically what I tried to say, but much more concise.
    Just because someone CAN afford something, that doesn't mean they should be forced to pay more.