Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I just googled "rape capital of the west" and guess what country came up number one?

- - - Updated - - -

I then googled "rape capital of the world" and guess what country came up?

I am by no means picking on a single country. Google it yourself. Google is a liberal company.
    We can only guess at what your flter bubble looks like from the inside...

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    That's not how Google works tho. It takes your preferences, regional and other metrics into consideration when displaying search results.

Your search results tells more about yourself than you'd think.
    I live in a Democratic run city. I am running mobile safari, cache is purge very often. Location services off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    If you google "fiddling while Rome burns" you get articles about what that phrase means and articles about Caesar Nero because there is a famous rumour that Nero played the violin while Rome burned to the ground. Historians have long ago debunked this rumour and we know it's not true. But because it's a rumour people talk of and believe, there we have it.

People believe that rape in Sweden is high, people like to use the name rape capital, so google picks up on this. Google doesn't check facts and sources, it presents what's popular in the minds of people. If you use "amount of google hits" as your guideline for truth, you are in big trouble.
    I did not state that Sweden was the rape capital of the world. I never once stated. I mere stated I googled "rape capital of the world". I never stated what it was. It could be one of many countries. It could be based on many different metrics. It seems people are looking for something that simply is not there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    We can only guess at what your flter bubble looks like from the inside...
    I do not know what a "fltr bubble" is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Did this happen "last night"?

No?

Okay then. No, Trump wasn't talking about that.
    Trump was talking about friday. The earliest news I find are from 3 days ago. So, it fits the timeframe. Even if it happened earlier, it's very possible that Trump didn't hear about it until then.

But nice attempt to dodge the child marriage issue itself, which is without doubt a very awkward issue to certain people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    May as well admit this:
    Sweden's crimerates, and the volume of the crimes has gone up.
    So has entire Europe really.
    Some may debate as to why.. But with cultures crashing it's always a dangerous game. Especially in these numbers.

But no terror attack or anything like that, has happened in Sweden. Trump just does what he always does, try to provoke paranoid americans.

https://www.cbs.nl/en-gb/news/2015/1...rhood-nuisance
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...e-to-drop.html

yup

Deleted
    I just googled "rape capital of the west" and guess what country came up number one?
    To my knowledge, the rape capital of the world is still South Africa. But Sweden wins gold in the rape contest between Western countries.

That was a couple of years ago, though; maybe the rapefugee influx has somehow tipped the scales?

Deleted
    while it's pretty funny and all the us president is an apperant idiot, the fact Sweden is suffering through violent event after event perpetrated by an immigrant is not quite as funny.

But why shine a light on that equally apperant problem when you can make fun of the apperant idiot, amirite?

I do not know what a "fltr bubble" is.
    You don't?
    Yet you noticed that I mistyped the word and got rid of the other vowel?

But no matter, since you asked so nicely:"filter bubble"
    Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Trump was talking about friday. The earliest news I find are from 3 days ago. So, it fits the timeframe. Even if it happened earlier, it's very possible that Trump didn't hear about it until then.

But nice attempt to dodge the child marriage issue itself, which is without doubt a very awkward issue to certain people.
    The show he referred to have in itself been discredited by the police officers participating in it. Their quotes were taken out of context and what they talked about had nothing to do with immigration or refugees. Just created in that way by Fox News. So even if the show he referred to had real interviews it was never about immigration but "high-risk" areas in Sweden. If the American president can't tell the difference or critically look at even simplistic shows like Fox News (like it's made for dummies), how are you supposed to trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Lolno. We have several right-wing papers who are part of old media, such as Svenska Dagbladet and Dagens Nyheter.
    In fact an absolute gross majority of newspapers are right-wing in Sweden. Journalists are, in general, more left-leaning but only a handful of newspapers in the entire country are left-wing managed and have left wing editorials. This confusion stems from the fact that most of the political spectrum and most of the newspaper editorials are for a generous immigration policy. For some reason this has been equated to left-wing policy by the extreme right.

As for Swedens situation. Taking in such a huge amount of refugees within a short timeframe isn't without problems, obviously. The influx of late 2015 would have probably been disastrous if it had continued. But since the government introduced the ID-checks the influx was completely gutted and has been low for over a year now.
    Last edited by Bender; 2017-02-20 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

It was thankfully already debunked a few pages back.

Deleted
    To my knowledge, the rape capital of the world is still South Africa. But Sweden wins gold in the rape contest between Western countries.

That was a couple of years ago, though; maybe the rapefugee influx has somehow tipped the scales?
    The vast majority of rape in any country in the world is still the rapes performed by close family, so technically white men make up the lion's share of rapists in all western countries.

Well, the far right propaganda machine has for a long been been portraying alot of half-truths. Trump and friends showed them how to go from half-truth to no-truth. The rape statistics in Sweden are high compared to many other countries, but all experts credit this to:
    1. The women empowerment movement in Sweden is strong, and a lot of people report rape if it happens.
    2. What counts as sexual assault in many countries count as rape in Sweden.
    3. Domestic rape (where for instance a husband forces himself onto his wife) is not even a crime in many countries or counts as domestic abuse, in Sweden it's rape.
    In addition, each instance of sexual violence is treated separately in the statistics. This is also uncommon practice and further inflates Swedens numbers.

Rape statistics are by nature extremely difficult to compare between counties, because of varying legal definitions and ways to log the statistics. To say that Sweden is some sort of rape capital using the amount of reported rapes as the argument without even taking these significant factors into account is blatantly dishonest and ignorant.

If you're comparing rape statistics on it's face and proclaiming countries with high reported rates of rape as rape capitals... that would necessarily also mean that countries with little to no reported rates are safe havens from rape - countries like Syria, India or UAE.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

7+ Year Old Account
    The vast majority of rape in any country in the world is still the rapes performed by close family, so technically white men make up the lion's share of rapists in all western countries.
    Every fourth convicted rapist in Scandinavia is a foreigner, and they are like 10-13% of the population. I think white men need to step ut their game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    The show he referred to have in itself been discredited by the police officers participating in it. Their quotes were taken out of context and what they talked about had nothing to do with immigration or refugees. Just created in that way by Fox News. So even if the show he referred to had real interviews it was never about immigration but "high-risk" areas in Sweden. If the American president can't tell the difference or critically look at even simplistic shows like Fox News (like it's made for dummies), how are you supposed to trust him.
    Why does your nation have so many "high-risk" areas, while your neighbour Norway has 0? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AveMaria View Post
    Every fourth convicted rapist in Scandinavia is a foreigner, and they are like 10-13% of the population. I think white men need to step ut their game.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does your nation have so many "high-risk" areas, while your neighbour Norway has 0? :P
    Yeah wasnt rape and plunder not a good ol scandinavian tradition back those days when vikings were a thing ? ....karma i guess

Deleted
    You clearly haven't read up on it in swedrn.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshrag View Post
    Yeah wasnt rape and plunder not a good ol scandinavian tradition back those days when vikings were a thing ? ....karma i guess
    So, the immgrants are not only rapists, but cultural appropriators?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AveMaria View Post
    while your neighbour Norway has 0? :P
    But does it really? Seems like Oslo for example has a few less safe areas too, just like Stockholm, Gothenburg etc. That's not that uncommon in big cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshrag View Post
    That is a pretty silly thing to say. Bad things happened all over the world and in every culture, that doesn't mean that people nowadays deserve to experience the same in the form of Karma.

10+ Year Old Account
    So your defense of Trump, is that when he said "what's happening last night", he didn't mean what happened last night, but only something he heard last night, and assumed it happened last night.

Okay.

I dodged nothing. I directly responded to your post that Trump was talking about "something like this". Don't try to change the narrative.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    But does it really? Seems like Oslo for example has a few less safe areas too, just like Stockholm, Gothenburg etc. That's not that uncommon in big cities.

That is a pretty silly thing to say. Bad things happened all over the world and in every culture, that doesn't mean that people nowadays deserve to experience the same in the form of Karma.

that was an sarcastic reply on the guy who wrote "I think white men need to step ut their game."