Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    I know how the electoral college in the US works and I agree, but that's more a US-problem and it's up to you guys to fix it.
    Just because there's mechanisms in place to undermine the democratic process doesn't mean democracy itself is to blame. And if a (functioning) democracy decides to tax rich people more, I don't see a problem with that. The rich people have their voice, they vote against it, they get overruled by the majority. They can still be rich, but they may only have 10 spare bedrooms in their new villa instead of 20.
    So in your eyes if a majority in for example the UK voted that all churches should be demolished and changed to rollercoaster's instead and they won the vote by 51% then that is totally fins since the majority wanted it to be that way. Or if there was a vote to rip your house down with the same result you would be fine with it?

Deleted
    Put up or STFU!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn the Second View Post
    I'd have to see their tax returns to know if they're footing the bill for the first part. But, judging the number of 1% types who are able to dodge paying their fair share of taxes through utilising loopholes and moving their money around, I wouldn't be so sure.
    And on the human cost, people like JK Rowling are not the ones who are under threat when is comes to the physical and sexual assaults, this happens to working class people in low income areas where refugees will be shuffled to.
    Well even if JK Rowling had dodged as many taxes as possible, and still only ended up paying 1 %, she'd still be paying more taxes than most of the average people.

As for the human effects, yeah she would likely be unaffected by the politics effects, but so does every single thing that rich people talk about that isn't affecting their direct bottom line, so either the consensus is that all rich people have to be silent or none of them, no matter how much we disagree with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    So in your eyes if a majority in for example the UK voted that all churches should be demolished and changed to rollercoaster's instead and they won the vote by 51% then that is totally fins since the majority wanted it to be that way. Or if there was a vote to rip your house down with the same result you would be fine with it?
    As per the democratic process, yes.

I mean the pro Brexiteers weren't complaining when they barely won, right? And they basically voted to screw the UK economy in exchange for a false sense of safety from brown people.
    Last edited by Krawu; 2017-02-20 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Well even if JK Rowling had dodged as many taxes as possible, and still only ended up paying 1 %, she'd still be paying more taxes than most of the average people.

As for the human effects, yeah she would likely be unaffected by the politics effects, but so does every single thing that rich people talk about that isn't affecting their direct bottom line, so either the consensus is that all rich people have to be silent or none of them, no matter how much we disagree with them.
    True on the tax revenue pragmatically, but not ethical or how it's supposed to work.

I think the Clinton campaign and it's failure showed that a lot of common people would actually be quite pleased to hear less from famous people.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    What kind of retarded logic is this.

Should all of the pro-lifers have to adopt all of the babies born if abortions were illegal too? Of course not. That would be absurd.
    Would it be absurd though? I personally think it's the best abortion "solution." Oh, you think you're morally superior and should rule other people's bodies? Here's a baby. Try not to fuck it up.

Deleted
    Every one of the posturing notables simpering ‘refugees welcome’ should be asked if he or she will take a refugee family into his or her home for an indefinite period, and pay for their food, medical treatment and education.

If so, they mean it. If not, they are merely demanding that others pay and make room so that they can experience a self-righteous glow. No doubt the same people are also sentimental enthusiasts for the ‘living wage’, and ‘social housing’, when in fact open borders are steadily pushing wages down and housing costs up.

As William Blake rightly said: ‘He who would do good to another must do it in minute particulars. General good is the plea of the scoundrel, hypocrite and flatterer.’
    - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...g-country.html

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Gonna need a source on this claim.
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article20809162.ab

I'm not the guy who posted that but it is atleast happening in Sweden. Just googled up an article for you real quick just copy paste it into translate and you will have a nice article about families with kids and elderly being forced to move to make way for the lucrative business of housing refugees // source is a leftist Swedish newspaper.

Deleted
    Doesn't the Right have anything else to do then crying about everything these days?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn the Second View Post
    True on the tax revenue pragmatically, but not ethical or how it's supposed to work.

I think the Clinton campaign and it's failure showed that a lot of common people would actually be quite pleased to hear less from famous people.
    You say as the one who won, was also a famous figure...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Erm, I am a little bit confused. Your location says "Scottishlands" and I genuinely thought all these years that the UK was capitalist.
    Erm, not really. We have social care systems, where you can go to your local council for help. For example, I lived with my gran from late teens til she died, and I had to leave her house so it got sold, as per her will. Council put my high on waiting list due to my disabilities and also gave me a white goods package (Fridge, cooker and washing machine) because I didn't have anything to put into a home of my own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article20809162.ab

I'm not the guy who posted that but it is atleast happening in Sweden. Just googled up an article for you real quick just copy paste it into translate and you will have a nice article about families with kids and elderly being forced to move to make way for the lucrative business of housing refugees // source is a leftist Swedish newspaper.
    Though that isn't immigrant fault, but a new owner that bought the house and wanted to turn it into an housing for refugee to make money. If anything its the fault of one greedy man.

As well, if you read the article, they CANT be thrown out if they dont sign the documents the new owner brought them. So yea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I mean y'all do realize that people who are ok with accepting refugees into their country aren't doing it to force them into homes of people who don't want them, right?
    They are given homes over people who have been waiting for years. They are given priority over the native people and they have every right to be upset.

Besides, it's true that the rich elite are never confronted with the consequences they cause, they live in their big mansions, far away from the immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by LanokirX View Post
    Though that isn't immigrant fault, but a new owner that bought the house and wanted to turn it into an housing for refugee to make money. If anything its the fault of one greedy man.

As well, if you read the article, they CANT be thrown out if they dont sign the documents the new owner brought them. So yea.
    I didn't say it was the refugees fault please quote me on that? I blame it fully on the government of Sweden who are willing g to pay 60000kr (6000euro~) a month to rent an apartment for a single refugee. https://www.svd.se/lagenhet-till-fly...-000-i-manaden

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    https://www.change.org/p/j-k-rowling...spare-bedrooms

So, J.K. Rowling is all for accepting refugees - this petition is about suggesting her to stop talking and starting to act
    Would these be Muggle refugees or nah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Sorry but are people reàlly this retarded? Genuine question
    Welcome to the far right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well this thread highlights a dangerous amount of idiocy...

I regret reading it all, if somebody doesn't understand how ridiculous the notion of the petition is then there's fuck all any possible way to debate this rationally
    Pretty much par for the course with the extreme right rhetoric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    You say as the one who won, was also a famous figure...
    True, but he had nowhere near as many celebrity endorsements and then he had the celebrities attempt to rebel against him with that electoral college plea.

(I don't support Trump (though neither do I think he is Hitler), I'm just pointing out that, by and large, Hillary had almost the entirety of Hollywood behind her.)

I'm not in favor of forcing anyone to take anyone in - however, those who virtue signal, while pointing down on others from their high horses, should show their superior being with actions, not with words.

Until then, it's just yet another big, rich, hypocrite. One in a sea of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like telling me that because I support gay marriage, I need to divorce my wife and marry a dude.
    Eat yo vegetables