Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I really like all the people calling the National Guard the SS. Really helps sell that "Not a hyperbolic loon" thing quite nicely.

Makes me miss those FEMA camps that were totes real.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Let me get this straight.

It's a memo. A memo. Which most likely comes from an evangelical right member of their government. It's not incoming, it's not even close to be signed. You know when you can rightfully become worried? When the memo becomes a proposal. It's not signed and sealed when it becomes a proposal. A proposal can be overturned. A proposal has no effect, until it becomes a law.

Do you know how many memos gets done and how many gets refused? It's a memo. Only a portion of a portion becomes reality.
    Are we not allowed to discuss our thoughts on this memo and the policy entailed? Are we not able to criticize those in our government for even bringing it up? Must everything be so literal? So black and white?

Much like most of what you post, you're pointing out what everyone is already aware as a means to come off as some sort "voice of reason", when most of what you state is already implied and people have moved on; YES, we know it's not signed into law OR even likely to pass. That doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about it.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2017-02-18 at 06:15 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    As much as i dont like him, he is a rarity amongst politicians.

he actually does what he says

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Are we not allowed to discuss our thoughts on this memo and the policy entailed? Are we not able to criticize those in our government for even bringing it up? Must everything be so literal? So black and white?

Much like most of what you post, you're pointing out what everyone is already aware as a means to come off as some sort "voice of reason", when most of what you state is already implied and people have moved on; YES, we know it's not signed into law OR even likely to pass. That doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about it.
    Talk about it =/= assuming it'll happen. That's my whole point.

You want to discuss the possibilities of a memo that won't happen? Yes, that's what this platform serves! Why someone wrote this memo, who could it be and why. That's interesting and relevant information.

You want to say that Trump's planning to round illegal immigrants with the army? No. That's not even close to reality. That's literally making anxious scenarios -- and then people move on, believing them.

Likewise, I haven't criticized people speaking against the memo, I've criticized blowing the situation out of proportions.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I can't wait for tomorrow's or next week's or next month's or even next year's dose of fake news. Maybe they will write trump has created an army of rabid attack dogs that will find illegals and bite them until they leave the country. Then the price of rabies vaccine skyrockets in response?
    oh come on... you know trump will use bats instead, faster delivery and they can fly.

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    God emperor doing God's work. MAGA
    I don't know who you are but you seem like someone I should get to know. Bless your heart young jedi. #Mirin'

ps: Thumbs UP for your signature picture . . . "Digital Market Place Strategy!"

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Seriously, what the fuck is fake about this? There is a damn copy of the whole thing which you can read. Are you that far gone, that detached from reality, that you doubt the evidence of your own eyes, and only the trumpenfuhrer speaks the truth?
    Here is what people who actually read it and seem to have idea about underlying laws are saying:
    Sean Davis ‏@ seanmdav
    An amazing fact about the DHS memo that I didn't realize until now: deportation is never mentioned. National Guard language *excludes* it.
    At no point does the DHS memo ever recommend using the National Guard to deport anyone. The entire focus is apprehension of criminal aliens.
    I didn't realize until now that I took AP's deportation characterization for granted. And yet deportation is never mentioned in the memo.
    Judging by the clear text of the DHS draft memo, claims of a "National Guard deportation force" are just not true. Awesome job, media.
    @ AP_Interactive The memo proves you were completely full of it. Guard section targets criminal aliens, not "millions of immigrants."
    "B-b-b-but the memo uses 'return/removal' to describe deportations." Correct. And it refused to give removal/return authority to the Guard.
    Accurate characterization of the DHS draft memo: Trump DHS considers reinstating Bush/Obama policy on removal of criminal aliens. That's it.
    @ PaulHerzog3 @ MarkSKrikorian If the National Guard isn't authorized to deport, it's not a "deportation force." This isn't hard.

Charles Hoskinson ‏@ cehoskinson
    @ seanmdav Also important: The memo refers to "qualified" National Guard members, which is only a small percentage of the total, not 100K.
    @ seanmdav Depending on state law, "qualified" could mean only those NG personnel who also are sworn law enforcement officers.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-02-18 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    God emperor doing God's work. MAGA
    Silence heretic!

Only the REAL Emperor protects! And HE is a man of science not this Cheeto-encrusted, Two Corinthians bullshit spewing retard.

Back on topic, i was joking about Trump opening concentration camps a few weeks ago and now the guy is actually trying to create SS squads. Well after playing all those Call of Duty games, it's gonna be fun actually living through one.

10+ Year Old Account
    "You can't compare him to Hitler, since Hitler had organized squads to enforce his laws and squash any opposition that went after not only politicians but also the press"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, Well at least he didn't have the popular vote hitler had so i guess that difference still stands when looking at both candidates early political career.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Probably because it exists, and he knows it.
    Never stopped him before.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, that act would not apply to the National Guard deployed in this manner because they would be acting under the authority of their corresponding state representative and not explicitly commanded by the Federal Government.
    If the state Governor requested their activation, then sure, they might not be violating the Act. But so far only Trump has said they will be used, NOT the state representation, and therefore he would have to federalize them, which violates the Act (if they are used for police enforcement).

However, good point about the state vs federal - it's a minutiae most people miss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    It would be nice to have an actual debate but when you say retarded shit like "nullify the populace" when there's no evidence anywhere to suggest that happening. You're grasping at straws. Kicking illegal immigrants out of our country is nothing close to what you said.
    Where exactly did I say "nullify the populace"? Talk about grasping at straws.

You need to actually read the posts you comment on, rather than just reading what you want to be there. You sound like an idiot when you don't.

WTF does that even mean - "nullify the populace" - do you have any idea what I was actually talking about? If you're confused about something, ask, I'm happy to explain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    What is real about it? When is the national guard being deployed to enforce the deportations? The more ridiculous the claims the more believable they are?
    Except of course when the accusation is based on evidence. You fucking Trumpers just chug the kool-aid over there, don'tcha? Eyes open or closed?

The memo was real, and it was from the White House. Period. Your accusation of "fake news" is precisely what's wrong with the country at this point.

How is this thread still going when there's no evidence to support the title? A staffer for Homeland Security drew up a draft memo, that's all the information we have. There's no evidence Trump even knew the memo existed, or that he is planning anything like this, and has even said he's not. And the Associated Press reporting 100,000 troops? Spun from whole cloth. Just inaccurate reporting still going strong 17 pages later, complete with a wildly inaccurate title.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-02-20 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Illegal Immigrants have no right to be in your country. If police force is too small to deal with the mexicans you need the military.

No one whines about deploying the military in case of natural disasters but enforcing law is somehow bad if done by military? Meh.
    You don't have the right to be in that country either. That doesn't stop you.

You're the child of illegal immigrants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    My grandparents didn't migrate to this country just to have their jobs taken by immigrants!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Stupid strawman,

there wasn't a country here,

Besides even today's illegals can come here have a child and their child is a US citizen.

To quote Bill Clinton "We are a nation of immigrants, but we are also a nation of laws".

By the way I am 1/4 Cherokee, I guess I am at least 25% in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    And the shit sandwich gets worse......

Edited to add -

The memo has now been released/leaked. You can read it here -
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/cho...ement....0.pdf
    that would be better than where they were planning to send me......................
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Posse comitatus will pretty much nullify this one about six seconds after it's signed.

But yeah, literally militarizing the police to nullify the populace is right out of the Fascist play book.
    Right here is where you talk about nullifying the populace with the military. Kicking illegal immigrants out of our country isn't even remotely close to your sentence. If you're going to make an extreme exaggeration, at least be willing to defend what you said instead of back peddling. You look like an idiot when you do.

Deleted
    You don't have the right to be in that country either. That doesn't stop you.

Nope - I am not. But if you are referring to the original settlers that came here and kicked the indigenous populaces ass and TOOK "thier" country from them, well you would still be wrong. Native Americans were conquered.

BTW - do you ever scream about the fact that Mexico is illegal as well? You know, Spain DID come over and STEAL the land from the Aztecs and the indigenous people of central america. Bet you NEVER cry about that.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Right here is where you talk about nullifying the populace with the military. Kicking illegal immigrants out of our country isn't even remotely close to your sentence. If you're going to make an extreme exaggeration, at least be willing to defend what you said instead of back peddling. You look like an idiot when you do.
    It is ENTIRELY succinct to my sentence. The fact that you don't understand how that fits into militarizing the Guard to police the populace makes us wonder why we even bother attempting lucid conversation with you. Speaking of looking like an idiot . . . .

Do I literally have to spell it out for you? Or can you foresee ANY problems with using the military to police the populace in order to find illegal immigrants. I'm sure no one will get hurt.

Got it now?

7+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't have any problem with this. An amendment to Posse Comitatus permitting the POTUS to deputize the National Guard units as ICE agents would be fine with me.

I've long been of the opinion that the Bill of Rights should apply only to American citizens, and such non-citizens as we choose to invite (diplomats, etc). I'd support a constitutional amendment making this law. I just don't have any sympathy for anyone who's in the US illegally, regardless of race/gender/religion/etc.

They are by definition non-citizens who have committed a crime on US soil. That should = GTFO and don't come back.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson