Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    ^free, MP DLCs in bioware games have been always free.
    Thank.GOD.

I rarely dabble in multiplayer, and the last time I took a quick peek at the multiplayer component of a game I love (MGS5) I was burned badly by how they handled DLC.

As soon as the DLC started to come in, you could no longer play with people who had them, unless YOU had them too. It resulted in 2hour long queues, and subsequently all interest in multiplayer just died for me.

Thank god this doesn't seem to be the case with Bioware.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    BioWare is in a unique place that they have a fun MP mode and a long story based single player. They will charge for single player while making MP free. That way the MP community never really gets seperated. All the more surprising is this is an EA owned developer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope only ME:A will get more MP DLC than DA:I... Because DA:I got only two DLC really? Biower pls.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Hope only ME:A will get more MP DLC than DA:I... Because DA:I got only two DLC really? Biower pls.
    DAI MP kinda sucked to be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Nah it was pretty cool dungeon crawling thanks to the combat system. Especially after they released the Bard/Pirate/Avar etc. These classes where fun to play.
    I think I invested 50-100h into it before burning out.

It's okay if you like to grind stuff, ME:A will be no different. No one should expect anything but a huge ass grind with nice combat. It's nothing more, nothing less.
    I just hope that the difficulty won't be ass-tier. Getting one shotted isn't fun.

DA:I biggest issue was the lobby. 1/2 of your games would lag or simply not load at all. If it's the same in ME:A (and it was also problematic in earlier ME titles) it will die out more quickly.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-02-20 at 11:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only real gripe with ME3 MP was the party system. If you were alone you could just get matched with others no problem. If you wanted to play with a friend, you had to start a lobby, invite them, and then sit around waiting for others to join you. If you weren't lucky, it took forever. Please let that not be a problem again.

I'm planning on playing with my cousin for a bit so hopefully the hype for Andromeda has boosted the pop so things go quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    DA:I MP got potential to evolve, but chance was wasted.

The only problem i've got with ME3 MP was lags on platinum, especially when you fight against collectors. >.<

Oh btw about Collectors. Did we in Andromeda got a spieces kinda look familiar to Collectors, or is something wrong with me? xD

DA:I MP got potential to evolve, but chance was wasted.

The only problem i've got with ME3 MP was lags on platinum, especially when you fight against collectors. >.<

Oh btw about Collectors. Did we in Andromeda got a spieces kinda look familiar to Collectors, or is something wrong with me? xD
    The species you're talking about is the "Kett" and they're the new enemies. And yes, they do have a collector vibe to them, because their technology is part organic. So they wear a type of chitin-like armor on their bodies, giving them a somewhat similar appearance to the collectors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    The species you're talking about is the "Kett" and they're the new enemies. And yes, they do have a collector vibe to them, because their technology is part organic. So they wear a type of chitin-like armor on their bodies, giving them a somewhat similar appearance to the collectors.
    That's explain everything. I hope only reapers was not here, since well... As far reapers fit well in first games, i don't think in next games might. Yeah they can fly to milky way and back to dark space for rest. But that's don't mean they can venture to Andromeda for example.

Also... It is just me, or Angara spieces got something familiar to Asari?

I hope only reapers was not here
    They're not. Andromeda lacks the Mass Effect relays, which is why our exploration to the galaxy will be limited only to the Helios Cluster, rather than travel from one end of the galaxy to the other like we did in ME1 2 and 3.

This doesn't mean the game is smaller, after all, each of the Mass Effect games we've seen so far, only had about a hundred solar systems, with only about half that number in explorable planets, they were just spread around. In Andromeda, its entirely possible that we'll have MORE worlds to explore, but they'll all be lumped together in the same galaxy-cluster.

One big reason for this is because in the milky way, thousands upon thousands of worlds were rendered uninhabitable due to the Cycle of Extinction perpetuated by the reapers for billions of years. You can see this in several scanned worlds that show the world previously held life, but is now barren and inhospitable due to extensive reaper bombing. This made "Garden Worlds" (Read: Worlds fit to support life without an environment suit) preciously rare, and why the council fiercely protects them.

On Andromeda, the lack of a Cycle of Extinction likely means that not only are there a hell of a lot more Garden Worlds available, but also that without civilization getting purged every few thousand years, the native species could be significantly more advanced (or not, a lot of our tech was reversed-engineered from the reapers themselves)

Also... It is just me, or Angara spieces got something familiar to Asari?
    Actually, they resembled a heck of a lot more the Twi'leks from Star Wars for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished ME1 as Soldier, convince me to pick Infiltrator over Soldier for ME2.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    They're not. Andromeda lacks the Mass Effect relays, which is why our exploration to the galaxy will be limited only to the Helios Cluster, rather than travel from one end of the galaxy to the other like we did in ME1 2 and 3.

This doesn't mean the game is smaller, after all, each of the Mass Effect games we've seen so far, only had about a hundred solar systems, with only about half that number in explorable planets, they were just spread around. In Andromeda, its entirely possible that we'll have MORE worlds to explore, but they'll all be lumped together in the same galaxy-cluster.

One big reason for this is because in the milky way, thousands upon thousands of worlds were rendered uninhabitable due to the Cycle of Extinction perpetuated by the reapers for billions of years. You can see this in several scanned worlds that show the world previously held life, but is now barren and inhospitable due to extensive reaper bombing. This made "Garden Worlds" (Read: Worlds fit to support life without an environment suit) preciously rare, and why the council fiercely protects them.

On Andromeda, the lack of a Cycle of Extinction likely means that not only are there a hell of a lot more Garden Worlds available, but also that without civilization getting purged every few thousand years, the native species could be significantly more advanced (or not, a lot of our tech was reversed-engineered from the reapers themselves)

Actually, they resembled a heck of a lot more the Twi'leks from Star Wars for me.
    I just have to ask...
    So why is Andromeda not dominated by an AI? After all, the Reapers had to step in and purge the galaxy for billions of years to prevent it from happening...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/M-97_Viper
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Well, like I said, its a matter of preference. Soldier is an effective class, I wont deny it, but its not very unique or interesting for me. All you have is a bullet-time power, a small grenade-launcher type power, and the rest are ammo passives.

Its no different than the dime-a-dozen Cover-Based Third Person Shooter games out there like Gears of War. Virtually the exact same game. They also don't evolve or change over the course of the games. While the other classes get new elements in ME3, the soldier just stays the same. I mean, it works, the class is effective, but its stale, static, unchanging.

At least the other classes offer some unique variety. Infiltrator with the tactical cloak and those antimateriel sniper rifles, Engineers with the drones and tech skills including fire frost and thunder spells, adepts with their endless amount of biotic powers (they were pretty meh in ME1, but they are awesome in ME2 and 3) and specially for me, Vanguards with their spectacular Biotic Charge which turns you into a human-shaped battering ram, zipping and zooming around the battlefield smashing yourself against an enemy.

And then on ME3 Vanguard gets the amazing Nova spell, and several other classes get new stuff.

You'll hardly feel more badass than when you see an enemy krogan go into blood rage and charge you, only for you to counter his charge with a Biotic Charge of your own and knock him backwards like a bowling pin.

Me: I started ME1 as a soldier, but then changed to Vanguard on 2, and never looked back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I just have to ask...
    So why is Andromeda not dominated by an AI? After all, the Reapers had to step in and purge the galaxy for billions of years to prevent it from happening...
    The reapers were wrong.

The Leviathans said so themselves, that when they developed the Catalyst it had a glitch in it, that caused it to go into a circular loop. Machines and Organics are not fated to become enemies. The fact that you can broker a peace between quarians and geth proves it.

- - - Updated - - -

besides, it would be lame if they repeat the theme of man vs machine again.

From what I've been getting, its gonna be a religion extremism theme. The Kett seem to have that deep fanatic religious zealot thing going on judging by the names they go with. Archon, Chosen, Anointed, Zealot, all of these are enemy types previewed in gameplay videos, and each is named after one form of religious connotation.
    Last edited by Derah; 2017-02-20 at 05:06 PM.

I just have to ask...
    That can of worms, eh?

Personally, I just figured that the Reapers/Leviathan were wrong. Such things happened during their time, so they developped a bias in favor of AIs being murderous. Then the Leviathans ended up being lousy programmers, such that the Catalyst took their bias to its (il)logical conclusion.

Really, a lot of that is down to the fact that the endings sucked and were very poorly thought out. Thematically, it makes little sense to present Shepard with the fait accompli that Synthetics and Organics are fated to kill each other, when a prominent questline of the game can end with peace between geth and Quarians and EDi is easily amongst Shepard's most loyal companions since the second game.

That said, there are AI enemies in the game (the Remnant bots) and since we'll only visit a small portion of Andromeda, it's possible that there are swarms of murderbots out there, that Bioware is keeping under wraps for a sequel or somesuch.

Also, Vanguard has always been the best way to play Mass Effect if you ask me. In ME1 you got most good Biotic powers as well as the ability to not be useless with a gun, and in ME2 you had the sweet, sweet Charge and Claymore. ME3 only added to the OP with Nova. Cover is for pussies, I say. I don,t expect Andromeda will be much different, which pleases me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical vanguard play in ME3 Multiplayer i remember.

Charge and nova, that's all. :P

Ok but seriously. Assuming that there is no mass relays then in andromeda, we can't we sure for 100% if Reapers are capable venture there or not. Between every purgation on milky way, they went back to dark space where is at least small islands of light etc. But they hibernating there, nothing more.

Ok but seriously. Assuming that there is no mass relays then in andromeda, we can't we sure for 100% if Reapers are capable venture there or not. Between every purgation on milky way, they went back to dark space where is at least small islands of light etc. But they hibernating there, nothing more.
    They are capable of traveling to andromeda of course. After all, they traveled to the milky way from the deep void of dark space. But why should they go to andromeda? They were programmed to keep the Milky Way clean of technological development, their programming says nothing about pursuing people who flee the galaxy (Likely because their purges began long before the races could develop their technology that far). So even if you import a savefile in which the reapers won, and thus all life in the milky way is gone, they still have no real reason to go to Andromeda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Also, Vanguard has always been the best way to play Mass Effect if you ask me. In ME1 you got most good Biotic powers as well as the ability to not be useless with a gun
    The only reason I don't play non-soldiers in ME1 is because the non-heavy armors in ME1 look like shit. Soldiers are the only ones who can equip the decent-looking heavy armors, thus they're the class I play on the first game (Plus, biotics aren't all that impressive in the first game, and that's what I have Liara for anyways).

and in ME2 you had the sweet, sweet Charge and Claymore. ME3 only added to the OP with Nova. Cover is for pussies, I say.
    Amen. Fights like Tela Vasir, and specially Clone!Shepard are a thousand times more exciting as a Vanguard, since you two are basically biotically ramming each other out with the power of dark energy towards one another.

I just have to ask...
    They really didn't. The Reapers while seemingly intelligent were were a tool created by the catalyst which was buggy vi/low level ai, that was created in turn by the Leviathans to get their organic thralls to stop killing each other with synthetics the thralls themselves created.

The catalyst being buggy as shit, went into a circular loop. It was created to stop Synthetics from killing their organic masters, yet the catalyst itself was a synthetic created by organics with circular logic so it figured it would eventually rise up and wipe out its masters, so it went after them anyway and used their genetic material to create the first reaper thus in its mind "preserving" them so it wouldn't wipe them out later.

And thus the cycle continued again and again. Even when Shepard proved that peace between synthetics and organics was possible with the Quarians and the Geth the catalyst still continued the cycle even tho it had proof that the reaper solution was not needed.

For all we know synthetics could be a problem in Andromida but they are a problem solvable by diplomacy or if need be gunfire.

Finally managed to unlock the Awakened Collector almost 4 years later!

15+ Year Old Account
    I just have to ask... So why is Andromeda not dominated by an AI? After all, the Reapers had to step in and purge the galaxy for billions of years to prevent it from happening...
    That isn't why the Reapers stepped in. The Leviathans wanted there to be peace among their synthetic and organic thralls. They created an AI to a solution for lasting peace but didn't program the safeguards correctly. The cycle was the way for the AI to speed up the experiments in trying different solutions.

The Andromeda galaxy might not have needed that specific problem to be solved. Organics and Synthetics could be hostile, or at peace, or have found a different solution that the Reapers didn't see.

That said there are Synthetics in Andromeda. The n7 day video, and the 4k tech demo video both show robots. I personally think AI that the Pathfinder/S.A.M AI that players will use is foreshadowing the threat that we will encounter. There is a theory that "The Remnant" is a prothean experiment/expedition that was sent to Andromeda. You can see similar things to that of protheans in both the Kett and some of the other tech, and the vaults. Of course it could just be coincidence that they modeled stuff after collectors/Protheans just because they were more "organic" in design where Mass effect 1-3 was more "industrial/modern" in design.

In any case there are AI/Synthetics and "The Scourge" (space net/stuff around planet and seen in the vault from tech demo https://twitter.com/AarynFlynn/statu...22563375779840) hasn't been explained yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it is synthetic based. It reminds of replicants from Stargate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyZw_oqk7Q8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1hBNALUk4w
    Last edited by rhorle; 2017-02-20 at 09:31 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."