Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I still don't get how letting in refugees in the country is the same as forcing people to house refugees in their own homes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Why? Because people are sick of rich lefties advocating programs like mass refugees which has a negative impact on people living in areas refugees congregate to, just to make them feel good
    There's a difference between disagreeing and proposing retarded nonsense like she must personally house them. Fuck me even if she did you people would QQ that it wasn't enough

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Funny could of swore i read a story a week ago about how east asian men are involved in massive amounts of human trafficking of sex slaves in the uk
    Are they refugees?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Ok, allow me to educate you in this works in my area. To get a council house, you are on a waiting list. You are assigned points based on certain criteria, such as family size, disabilities etc. Those with higher points are ahead on the list for housing. Usually you're on the list for years on end due to low housing availability and the time it takes to build. It's a system that works.

Now you have "refugees" coming. They go straight to the top of the housing list, ahead of everyone. They get first pickings. New housing just being build, with disabled in mind, now go to these "refugees". They live in the housing for free. The person who was about to be awarded this house is now upset after waiting many years in a house that is unsuitable for them due to failing health.

That's the big issue the working class have. Seeing these "refugees" going ahead of them after they have been waiting YEARS. That's what fosters anger and hate towards "refugees"

I use "refugees" because most of them are not refugees in the proper sense of the word. They are economic migrants.
    Yes and the poor families that was in line have to go back out on the street again i assume?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I'm sure with some digging we can find them. Don't let that stop our research.
    Get to work then

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I still don't get how letting in refugees in the country is the same as forcing people to house refugees in their own homes.
    Hint: They'll end up next to someone's home. Another hint: It's not this person's home.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    She has donated at least 160 million to charities. What have you done?
    I live in Spain which is a mass immigration point, so I've had my fair share of helping out through the years in one way or another with my limited resources. Either that or being a volunteer holds far more value than a billionaire scratching a few millions off her bank account so she can feel better with herself while living the life of the mega rich.

I'll give you that Rowling isn't probably the best of examples since she has at least given something, but you can't deny there's plenty of ultra wealthy individuals preaching the charity gospel to the media for image reasons who won't even be in a 10 mile radius of a refugee in their whole lives. That's what I ultimately find rather disgusting.

Deleted
    Hint: They'll end up next to someone's home. Another hint: It's not this person's home.
    Again you don't know

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Again you don't know
    Feel free to prove me wrong. And, as I previous said, we'll then go and compare how many times the opposite happened and we can gauge the most probable scenario.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigodolfa View Post
    I live in Spain which is a mass immigration point, so I've had my fair share of helping out through the years in one way or another with my limited resources. Either that or being a volunteer holds far more value than a billionaire scratching a few millions off her bank account so she can feel better with herself while living the life of the mega rich.

I'll give you that Rowling isn't probably the best of examples since she has at least given something, but you can't deny there's plenty of ultra wealthy individuals preaching the charity gospel to the media for image reasons who won't even be in a 10 mile radius of a refugee in their whole lives. That's what I ultimately find rather disgusting.
    True but JK isn't one and she is the target so other famous people are irrelevant

- - - Updated - - -

Feel free to prove me wrong. And, as I previous said, we'll then go and compare how many times the opposite happened and we can gauge the most probable scenario.
    The burden of proof is on you not me

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    She knocked down a house worth 1 Million pound sterling to extend her fucking garden. I think she has the cash to support those in need, or does she expect people with little for themselves to work harder to support others who won't even appreciate it?
    Well now i dont know how rich she is but if she knocked down a house Worth a mill she probably pay more in taxes in a year then the Little guy do in 10 years.

I dont know about the tax system in GBR though so maybe she pays barely nothing at all in percentages, but that you cant blame her for now can you? that blame is squarely on the shoulders of the electorate.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I mean y'all do realize that people who are ok with accepting refugees into their country aren't doing it to force them into homes of people who don't want them, right?
    Are people like you so delusional that you can't differentiate between inviting people inside your home vs. your country?

My house is my private sanctuary. I don't want my freaking PARENTS living within my walls.

I'm more than happy to work beside, commute and break bread with refugees (and have done all of those things), that doesn't mean I want ANYBODY living downstairs.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    What kind of retarded logic is this.

Should all of the pro-lifers have to adopt all of the babies born if abortions were illegal too? Of course not. That would be absurd.
    I kinda like that idea. If you have unreasonable demands, then you should put your ass where you mouth is.
    You want to build a wall? Go pay for it.
    You want to have every gangbanger from nothern africa? Go house and feed them, teach them the language.
    You want to force people to have kids? Go care and provide for them.
    You want to protect christian values? Go start by actually following your religion to the letter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

So not in a private home?
    Good that we got to an agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    True but JK isn't one and she is the target so other famous people are irrelevant

- - - Updated - - -

The burden of proof is on you not me
    Luckily for the UK letting in mass refugees is a unpopular opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Then we can give the same argument for Congress, a congressman who was elected with 1 million votes, votes worth the same as a congressman who was elected with 3 million votes?

Your argument is on a federal level anyway
    I oppose the entire system, because it is forced inequality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    what was the book?
    Given the time period, it was likely to be Terry Pratchett or Tolkien.

Deleted
    Anyway I have already wasted enough time on this nonsensical argument so continue the silly conversation and continue slagging off somebody that actually positively contributes to the world if it makes you feel better just don't feign offence when people call a spade a spade

Isn't it her property to do as she pleases?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I'm sure she's donated a fair bit of money to charity so to a degree, she has put her money out there despite others saying and never doing but in all fairness you can't go all out batshit in demonising her for not doing her bit because she has a big house and all. She did work for her fortune which is more than others can say... One being president let's get real here.

She does do this all crusader for good will and justice which is annoying but yeah it's a grey area for me. She does help but is entitled to some sanctuary with her hard dosh just shouldn't be singing from the rooftops about commitment she isn't intent to do.

This is why humanity is doomed to fail. You people can't even agree to disagree anymore. This shit has devolved to a bunch of name calling and chest beating. Both sides do it so don't fucking lie.