Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    This should have been clear after WhiteDragon's post. He disproved it...

...by not understanding math...and numbers.
    Lol, that's all Trumpers have at this point. Bad math and alternative facts. But . . . ya know, MAGA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Maybe with all that money he's funneling to himself he can buy a suit that fits.
    Or a wig?

Are hand implants a thing yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I believe it's saying that it's not the trips themselves that are more expensive, but rather the Secret Service that is required for them. Given how openly against people are about Trump and his family - across the globe - it's not surprising.
    What nuance do you believe you're providing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7586261.html

"The US President’s three visits to his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida since his presidential inauguration, combined with his sons’ business trips, reportedly cost $11.3m (£9.1m).

Conservative watchdog Judicial Watch estimated Mr Obama’s travel expenses totalled an average $12.1m in each of his eight years in the White House. The three Mar-a-Lago trips in Palm Beach cost the federal treasury around $10m, based on figures used in an October government report analysing White House travel."

That darn Obama with his out of control personal expenses!!!!
    While I completely agree that Trump needs to stay in Washington for most weekends, the idea that there is an apples and orangutan situation is laughable. The Secret Service did not have to expend anything for Obama's kids, since they were always with their mom or dad. Trump can't help it that his children are adults, and do business globally. The idea that these grown men and women should just sit in Trump Tower for 8 years is ridiculous.

What nuance do you believe you're providing here?
    if people just let trump do his job without all the violence and threats against him and his family, perhaps the expense would be less.

ultimately, the left are just fuelling 8 years of trump instead of 4. the harder you campaign against him via violence/insults, the easier his path to victory is.

What I don't want to see is the moving of the goalposts to say that what Obama was doing was okay because it was so much less by comparison. It's all bad. And no one who is an advocate for small government would vote for Trump.

I did my part by voting for Gary Johnson. You get what you deserve when your two choices are Clinton/Trump. You vote big government and big spending and you get it. Not sure why anyone is surprised. He is doing exactly what I thought he would.

Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    Guys, it's ok that he wastes so much of the taxpayers money. Clinton charged secret service for being on his property. He's only being paid 1 dollar for being president. Obama raised his salary to 400k.

Fakes news.

Hillary.

/s
    So you're saying Obama had his salary raised to 400k? You're dead wrong...the presidents salary went up from 200k way before Obama was elected. People just stating misfacts left and right constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Nice of you to prove Chingylol's point.
    Your sources agree with his post.

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously.

100m/8 = 400b !!!

Trump allengedly said so!
    How so? he spent that on vacations ALONE. This is not counting official trips, protection for his wife and kids when ever they traveled, and Vacations that Obama's family went on that he did not. Chingylol's point is that ALL of Obama's expenses where under 11.3M a year which is so laughable its funny.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2017-02-20 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    if people just let trump do his job without all the violence and threats against him and his family, perhaps the expense would be less.

ultimately, the left are just fuelling 8 years of trump instead of 4. the harder you campaign against him via violence/insults, the easier his path to victory is.
    So you think, magically, that it will cost less to travel to WPB every weekend if "the left" just stops promoting "violence and threats" against Trump. ANd that somehow the threat level for Trump is worse than it was for Obama...based on nothing but your own nonsense?

Trump's path to victory lies in securing the rust belt jobs he promised. No significant amount of votes based on sympathy for how "unfair' life is to Trump will beborn of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    of course a family with adult children will have a higher travel expense than one with young children that go where the parents do

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    How so? he spent that on vacation ALONE, Chingylol's point is that ALL of Obama's expenses where under 11.3M a year which is so laughable its funny.

Man, you are serious...haha. Did you not read your own sources? You don't even have to read the whole article. The headline tells you why you're wrong.

The pettiness of antiTrumpsters is HILARIOUS!

10+ Year Old Account

Man, you are serious...haha. Did you not read your own sources? You don't even have to read the whole article. The headline tells you why you're wrong.
    Apparently I did miss that official business was tagged in with that, but that's still not counting protection for his wife, when ever she traveled, and Vacations that Obama's family went on that he did not. And to be fair to trump, his family is bigger and most of his kids are grown up so its a lot harder to expect them to stay at trumps side at all times, as opposed to Obama's kids who stayed with him for most of his term.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Upping security isn't that far-fectched to believe given the hate he and his family are getting. I'm not saying this may be why, just that it wouldn't be surprising if it was one of the reasons. Also, as someone previously mentioned, Trumps' children are grown adults and don't live with him. They, too, require their own security and it will be more costly compared to Obamas' daughters, who were young children still living at home with mum and dad.
    Upping security compared to...what? Obama? The pope? You?

Just to be clear, the reason for the cost is supposedly because security was "upped" because of mean lefty boogeymen? Or, I'm sorry, "wouldn't be surprising". Not because he has traveled to Palm Beach every weekend?

Thanks Obama!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Apparently I did miss that official business was tagged in with that, but that's still not counting protection for his wife, when ever she traveled, and Vacations that Obama's family went on that he did not. And to be fair to trump, his family is bigger and most of his kids are grown up so its a lot harder to expect them to stay at trumps side at all times, as opposed to Obama's kids who stayed with him for most of his term.
    Guess what? Melania travels to and from NYC and D.C. often. Those costs aren't counted into these figures either. SO it's not so much you being fair as it is you trying to cling to a pointless point.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    The ones that were upheld in alternative reality of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'm going to go with "the right to treat gay people like second class citizens." I literally can't think of anything else "progressive" that happened during the Obama administration.
    Pretty much what I'm expecting.

Still waiting though, @Coffeh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    While I completely agree that Trump needs to stay in Washington for most weekends, the idea that there is an apples and orangutan situation is laughable. The Secret Service did not have to expend anything for Obama's kids, since they were always with their mom or dad. Trump can't help it that his children are adults, and do business globally. The idea that these grown men and women should just sit in Trump Tower for 8 years is ridiculous.
    Correct but why should we have to pay for the protection of his adult children? They certainly have the money to foot the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Correct but why should we have to pay for the protection of his adult children? They certainly have the money to foot the bill.
    That is a fair point, if you are proposing new legislation. The current law is the current law. I fail to see how it is the "fault" of his children, that their dad got elected president. In effect, you are proposing a tax on the families of politicians. That seems pretty extreme to my personal views. Do you also object the security detail that protects Chelsea Clinton? Or to the costs of sending the Secret Service to college with Obama's children?

Meanwhile, the federal government spends far more on staples and paper. Just sayin...

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a fair point, if you are proposing new legislation. The current law is the current law. I fail to see how it is the "fault" of his children, that their dad got elected president. In effect, you are proposing a tax on the families of politicians. That seems pretty extreme to my personal views. Meanwhile, the federal government spends far more on staples and paper. Just sayin...
    I'm not blaming them but this is just a single month. If this keeps up this is going to be ridiculously expensive all the while they're making money (on our dime) that they'll find ways to hoard and not invest back into the US in any meaningful way.

Not to mention we also don't know if Trump is profiting from this all as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I'm not blaming them but this is just a single month. If this keeps up this is going to be ridiculously expensive all the while they're making money (on our dime) that they'll find ways to hoard and not invest back into the US in any meaningful way.

Not to mention we also don't know if Trump is profiting from this all as well.
    How is providing them security "making money on our dime"? I'm legitimately curious how you arrive at that leap.

Do you really think wealth is "hoarded and not put back in to the US"? Do you envision vaults full of gold, or something? Do you not understand that nearly all wealth is invested in corporations whose expansions from said capital infusion create jobs world wide? Like...really?

Also, if you think Trump is making more money by being president, you just are not paying attention. He would not be getting boycotts if he were still a private citizen. Get serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is providing them security "making money on our dime"? I'm legitimately curious how you arrive at that leap.
    They're making money with security that we pay for when they have the means to fund their own security as most billionaires do. Of course they're a bit more susceptible to danger being the president's children and all, and while not their fault, they're choosing to keep traveling the world to do business. If they wish to do so fine but either foot the bill or at least a significant portion of it.