Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Is that really highlighting anything though? It's one log of one fight. Fire Mages are far from shit. Perhaps you're thinking destro warlock (aka respec afflic you fool.)
    I don't know how Destro has anything to do with Fire Mages, but last I checked, Destro was outperforming Fire, so.. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Stating that a certain class/spec is bad is completely irrelevant to the point. What matters is how you do compared to other players within your class.
    What the guy above says is very true though, you're missing (52-35)x0,5=8,5% fire damage by not having a maxed out weapon.
    1) Why is it not relevant? If a spec does not perform well, it is not welcome in raids (see: feral, destro)
    2) Between 54 and 35 is exact 10%, the last one gives 1% (twice as much).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imaskar View Post
    1) Why is it not relevant? If a spec does not perform well, it is not welcome in raids (see: feral, destro)
    2) Between 54 and 35 is exact 10%, the last one gives 1% (twice as much).
    The issue with the poster of this thread is not that hes playing fire however. If you look through his logs its very apparent that he should just read a basic guide to help his selection of talents, opener and general playstyle.

Also, regarding the artifact traits.. First point gives 5%, remaining points gives 0.5% (19*0.5+5=14.5):
    http://imgur.com/a/3zhu1
    While fire is not the best spec atm, it is quite possible to perform relatively well, enough to be viable atleast. Even without bis legendarys - those does help alot tho
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2017-02-20 at 11:35 AM.

Ooops, sorry. I was too reliant on wowhead's calculator.
    (I'm a dirty peasant without 54 =( )

Deleted
    Ooops, sorry. I was too reliant on wowhead's calculator.
    (I'm a dirty peasant without 54 =( )
    Shame on you

Weird that wowhead calc is bugged though.

10+ Year Old Account
    He said "you cant make up for that by playing better.", I showed that you have to play 14% better to make up for spec handicap.

9% better is not enough
    i just want to make something abundantly clear to you, just so you can understand the issue, that img shows 2 glaringly bad things, first off, it shows that your parse of 85% (98% for ilvl) is the same as an arms warriors 75th percentile rank, this is not just a thing specific to you, this is widespread across the whole playerbase, it doesn't matter how well i play, even if i hit 99th percentile as fire/frost/arcane, i would still only be doing 60-80% of another "decent" specs damage output based on parse data, furthermore this img shows how piss poor the majority of your team is if they can't out dps you as a fire mage on this boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    While fire is not the best spec atm, it is quite possible to perform relatively well, enough to be viable atleast. Even without bis legendarys - those does help alot tho
    that depends entirely on your definition of viable, if by viable you mean the mechanics of the spec works and you deal dmg, then yes its viable but if by viable you mean to be competative to other specs, then no fire isnt viable and on certain encounters like mythic krosus that becomes glaringly obvious.

No you can.
    The more telling thing there is a 55th percentile parse right on the heels of a 89 percentile.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The more telling thing there is a 55th percentile parse right on the heels of a 89 percentile.
    aye, my thoughts exactly, you can say all you want but if a 55th percentile rogue keeps up with a 89th percentile fire mage then there is something very wrong and an equal percentile rogue would prolly do 150-200k more dps than a fire mage atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    that depends entirely on your definition of viable, if by viable you mean the mechanics of the spec works and you deal dmg, then yes its viable but if by viable you mean to be competative to other specs, then no fire isnt viable and on certain encounters like mythic krosus that becomes glaringly obvious.
    I guess my definition of viable is that it can be used to clear the content. As there are several mages in the M Gul'dan kills so far, I defo believe its viable!

I also believe viable and competitive is two different things. Although after watching kill videos (From M Gul'dan) from FSY and Danish Terrace, I guess the value of fire depends alot on what duty you have in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    I guess my definition of viable is that it can be used to clear the content. As there are several mages in the M Gul'dan kills so far, I defo believe its viable!

I also believe viable and competitive is two different things. Although after watching kill videos (From M Gul'dan) from FSY and Danish Terrace, I guess the value of fire depends alot on what duty you have in the fight.
    Thanks to blizz, we will have our spot on M Guldan for that sweet spellsteal. #teamviable

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    aye, my thoughts exactly, you can say all you want but if a 55th percentile rogue keeps up with a 89th percentile fire mage then there is something very wrong and an equal percentile rogue would prolly do 150-200k more dps than a fire mage atm.
    You're right. That rogue got some decent items and now is a whooping 100k ahead. FML. (I screwed up second combust, could've done ~590)

It really is depressing to sweat your arse off to just keep up (jk, to not even keep up).

pps. >how piss poor the majority of your team is if they can't out dps you as a fire mage on this boss.
    chill, we're a casual guild.

Deleted
    You can watch my gameplay from Augur where i do 450k dps, its wiped on 6% boss. but i die as near last player

youtube.com/watch?v=RvPdtsxLemc&feature=youtu.be

Deleted
    chill, we're a casual guild.
    y, and that's the reason why you should just shut up and stop posting fire is fine. you are not even knowing anything about real conditions in mythic progression right now, you just trolling if you say fire is fine...

ontopic:
    shiet dps - stop this pls. you got so many advices, guess you are just ignoring our advices for whatever reasons.

/p

Deleted
    1. do i have to stop cast all spells if i get "hot streak"? (even if np i casting "fireball" and have 50%casted?)
    2. i should use "fireblast"(or "pheonix flames") only if i get "heating up" or got max charges? or i can use it even if dont have "heating up"(if i have to run somewhere)
    3. on open battle first i should use "fire ball" until i get "hot streak" and then "combustion > fireblast > pyro...." OR i should use "pheonix > combustion > fireblast > pyro...."
    4. i got legend head so better for me Talent "Flame on" or "Alextr.. Fury"?
    5. Why my "pyroblast" deal 400-430k dmg and if i look at other better mage they "pyro" deal 500+dmg? i dont have enough "int" or something?

Quote Originally Posted by pestivator View Post
    you should just shut up and stop posting fire is fine
    Never said that. I specifically showed, that we are between 14 and 9 % behind.

Quote Originally Posted by dzikitom View Post
    1. do i have to stop cast all spells if i get "hot streak"? (even if np i casting "fireball" and have 50%casted?)
    2. i should use "fireblast"(or "pheonix flames") only if i get "heating up" or got max charges? or i can use it even if dont have "heating up"(if i have to run somewhere)
    3. on open battle first i should use "fire ball" until i get "hot streak" and then "combustion > fireblast > pyro...." OR i should use "pheonix > combustion > fireblast > pyro...."
    5. Why my "pyroblast" deal 400-430k dmg and if i look at other better mage they "pyro" deal 500+dmg? i dont have enough "int" or something?
    Wow, if you are _that_ new to fire, better check out this awesome guide: https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...4b2dc7c554f078

On your questions:
    1) no, never stop
    2) better not use it just because you are running. use scorch instead and focus on converting heating ups into hot streaks
    3) check the guide and also there is a separate topic specifically about the opener
    4) mostly Alex's, but it still depends on the situation
    5) there are a lot of factors. artifact level, artifact ilvl (means more int), more int from gear, pyroblast relics, versatility rating, buffs like rune of power or horn of valor (trinket). They are all add up multiplicatively.
    Last edited by Imaskar; 2017-02-22 at 06:51 AM.

Deleted
    A lot of your questions concern the real basics of playing a fire mage. Please read-up on these generic guides (Altered Time is the go-to site for mages), watch a youtube video or 2, and try to apply them. This should make your DPS skyrocket in comparison to now. After doing this, make another youtube video of you applying it on target dummies, then you can start looking at slightly more advanced things (legendary+talent choices per fight for example).

You can watch my gameplay from Augur where i do 450k dps, its wiped on 6% boss. but i die as near last player

youtube.com/watch?v=RvPdtsxLemc&feature=youtu.be
    Just a few basics i found while watching your video. I agree on the previous poster that you should read some guides especially on altered-time btw. After you got the basic rotation you can use some tweaks in your gameplay i try to provide in this post.

1. Start you Fireball cast at 2 seconds pull timer
    2. Start further behind and blink to your position on green
    3. Get used to hotkeys!
    4. Use Meteor, than cast combustion so your meteor crits to 100% and you don't waste a gcd in your cooldown phase.
    5. Use your blink charges. For example at 1:31 you did walk a few yards and than you shimmer out of the camp. After the debuff runs out you walk and than blink back. You did have two charges of shimmer. You could have just blinked out of the camp and back in. The rule is: ABC (always be casting)
    6. You used your meteor 15 seconds before your next combustion at 2:03. You could have just saved it for a few seconds to get 100% crit.
    7. You did use your combustion at the beginning and after that on the first add. Thats 5:45 minutes with one combustion! You could have had another one between that.
    8. I watched you wasting phoenixes inbetween you combustion cooldown. General rule here is hovering at two stacks and never cap them. Use it for your combustion.
    9. At 07:32 you used your iceblock. I would have used it the first time you crauterized or the "Witness of the Void" before your block. And create a cancelaura Macro for your block (/cancelaura iceblock).

I'm at work atm so i only took a brief look. I probably didn't see everything. You do have a lot of mastery for a single target fight btw. Other stats might have been better here. Idk if you have gear to switch.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for helping me
    i found makro for opener and now i deal 2mln dps on opener, i make macro for meteor and flamestikes, on dummies in class hall i do now 500-520k dps. thats 60-80k more than before

/castsequence [(at)cursor] reset=13 Mirror Image, Meteor, Combustion, Scorch, Fire Blast, Pyroblast, Fire Blast, Pyroblast, Fire Blast, Pyroblast, Phoenix's Flames, Pyroblast, Phoenix's Flames, Pyroblast,Phoenix's Flames, Pyroblast, Dragon's Breath

#showtooltip meteor
    /castsequence [(at)cursor] reset=45 Meteor

#showtooltip Flamestrike
    /castsequence [(at)cursor] reset=13 Flamestrike

I will try do more and be better with urs tips i know that i need more haste, now i got 11% i will try to do ~~18-20%, and full up all triats in by weapon.
    Last edited by mmoc7f6d510476; 2017-02-23 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    what exactly are you trying to prove with that? Your other dps are horrible and you got the belt + bracers combo for legendaries.

Sure you played "better", but you are just highlighting how bad fire mages are atm even with 2 bis legendaries.

all of this ^

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for helping me
    i found makro for opener and now i deal 2mln dps on opener, i make macro for meteor and flamestikes, on dummies in class hall i do now 500-520k dps. thats 60-80k more than before

/castsequence [(at)cursor] reset=13 Mirror Image, Meteor, Combustion, Scorch, Fire Blast, Pyroblast, Fire Blast, Pyroblast, Fire Blast, Pyroblast, Phoenix's Flames, Pyroblast, Phoenix's Flames, Pyroblast,Phoenix's Flames, Pyroblast, Dragon's Breath

#showtooltip meteor
    /castsequence [(at)cursor] reset=45 Meteor

#showtooltip Flamestrike
    /castsequence [(at)cursor] reset=13 Flamestrike

I will try do more and be better with urs tips i know that i need more haste, now i got 11% i will try to do ~~18-20%, and full up all triats in by weapon.
    Using the cast sequence is an option, but it will be better to do it yourself to be more flexible. If it works for you, that's good, but this would be a next step.

Not sure what a cast sequence does with only 1 spell, or is it required for the 'at cursor' command?
    Mind you that Flamestrike (unless you spec flame patch) is for >4 targets. Meteor is cast just before Combustion, then use combustion to make it crit. The next you use as available and clever, the third you save for you the next combustion (unless boss dies before that).